Notices

24 Hour Recovery Connections Part 454

Old 08-30-2019, 07:27 AM
  # 321 (permalink)  

So happy for you dear Trees!!!
Hope it's a wonderful weekend. s xx
Old 08-30-2019, 09:10 AM
  # 322 (permalink)  

Blasted Virgin! I’m never going to fly with them in case their planes go down as often as their internet!!

24 for me please
Old 08-30-2019, 09:34 AM
  # 323 (permalink)  

s xx
Old 08-30-2019, 10:10 AM
  # 324 (permalink)  

In for a sober 24 hours
Old 08-30-2019, 10:22 AM
  # 325 (permalink)  

Its the weekend finally Made it through another sober day. Another 24 please x
Old 08-30-2019, 01:46 PM
  # 326 (permalink)  

Any minute now, Kane will check in.....may I say how very grateful I am for that.....it's like a clock for me.....how are you progressing with your day Suze? Kane is about to start a new day here..... s xx
Old 08-30-2019, 02:12 PM
  # 327 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Add me to the list of those wanting 24 more sober hours!
Old 08-30-2019, 03:02 PM
  # 328 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Sunflowerlife View Post
Good morning everyone- just finished up an incredible meditation and my heart is so open and grateful that I had to come here and express it. Without my 2+ years of sobriety, none of this would be possible. My life is still messy- stress from the kids and a challenging marriage have not changed- in fact I have been extremely overwhelmed over the last month. But getting in touch with my gratitude this morning really helped to shift it all around.

I am grateful for each new day that gives me a chance to be the greatest expression of who I truly am.

Today I choose love.
Today I choose peace.
Today I choose gratitude.

Much love to all of you.
Sunny
THIS, is inspiring.
Old 08-30-2019, 03:04 PM
  # 329 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by yukonm View Post
Good morning SR family. Well seems everyone here on the East Coast of Florida is hunkering down for the arrival of Hurricane Dorian. No water or bread in the stores...social media buzzing with "What to do in case of" posts. Looking out this morning, I can see the storm coming...due to arrive here late Sunday. Waiting is nerve-wracking. Praying for all in its path.

Signing in for 24 hours drink and drug free. 8:19am in Jacksonville, FL.

Congratulations to all celebrating milestones today!!

Have you been through these before? Be safe!
Old 08-30-2019, 03:52 PM
  # 330 (permalink)  

Checking in for 24
Old 08-30-2019, 04:04 PM
  # 331 (permalink)  

Good evening everyone, just a quick check in before bed.

Had a good day at work, showered, meeting and home for supper and bed.

I’ll be perfectly honest, I’m having a hard time right now. My sobriety is strong but I’m really missing my children and having difficulty with that. My oldest son started secondary school yesterday and I couldn’t be there to see him begin his journey into the big world, or offer encouragement or support, or tell him how proud I am and how much he means to me.

That’s hard to swallow.

Also, since my ex and I separated in October last year, I’ve been living with my parents, not so good but I’m so very grateful for a roof over my head.

They’ve gone on holiday for a week so for the first time, I’m truly alone in the house and it feels horrible. I don’t spend much time here but there’s a certain comfort in knowing that there’s someone else here. So I’m off to bed and hopefully sleep, alarm set for the morning and I have work all day tomorrow which will help, right up until finishing time when the washing machine in my head starts up again.

Sending prayers for everyone in the potential path of the storm I keep hearing about
Thoughts and prayers for anyone struggling tonight
Peace and love
James
Old 08-30-2019, 04:26 PM
  # 332 (permalink)  

Had no Internet connection for the last 2.5 days, but that's not stopped me staying sober.

24 more please.

Love to all. xx
Old 08-30-2019, 04:43 PM
  # 333 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by NoGoingBack View Post
Good evening everyone, just a quick check in before bed.

Had a good day at work, showered, meeting and home for supper and bed.

I’ll be perfectly honest, I’m having a hard time right now. My sobriety is strong but I’m really missing my children and having difficulty with that. My oldest son started secondary school yesterday and I couldn’t be there to see him begin his journey into the big world, or offer encouragement or support, or tell him how proud I am and how much he means to me.

That’s hard to swallow.

Also, since my ex and I separated in October last year, I’ve been living with my parents, not so good but I’m so very grateful for a roof over my head.

They’ve gone on holiday for a week so for the first time, I’m truly alone in the house and it feels horrible. I don’t spend much time here but there’s a certain comfort in knowing that there’s someone else here. So I’m off to bed and hopefully sleep, alarm set for the morning and I have work all day tomorrow which will help, right up until finishing time when the washing machine in my head starts up again.

Sending prayers for everyone in the potential path of the storm I keep hearing about
Thoughts and prayers for anyone struggling tonight
Peace and love
James
James my friend, with so much love:

You are alive to see (albeit from afar) your son enter secondary school.....that is a miracle.

You are working and doing a darn good job: your boss counts on you....another miracle.

Your parents love you and trust you to be in your home even if they are not there.....kinda huge. And they are supporting you.....really huge.

And you are separated.....you are not divorced. Just look at our awesome zeppodog's story in the last year.....he would never have believed he would be where he is now.....just saying....you don't know what can happen if you keep on this path. s

Goodnight love. xx
Old 08-30-2019, 04:48 PM
  # 334 (permalink)  

Happy friday everyone. Checking in for 24.
Old 08-30-2019, 05:01 PM
  # 335 (permalink)  
2Cor5:17

Oh man, NGB that’s a heavy post. Sorry for that pain your going through missing all of them & esp the oldest like you mentioned; I can identify with that coz I never got to see mine get into high school & now is going to graduate in a year! I never got to have a chat bout teenage hood & bout being a man. I will keep you in prayer & keep in prayer list since you brought that up. Hang around here & go to meetings pls coz sobriety is the best thing can award em

BK your response is exactly what big bk says pg77:We are people who normally would not mix. I used to be intolerant in my first year: Faith not like mine or their sexuality & of course political bent!! Thank goodness live & let live was drilled into me plus of course love & tolerance is our code(pg84). It’s funny now when guys @ mtgs or work discover I’m a conservative, their intolerance is loud & boisterous, so I just silence em by saying outside issue ie Tradition ten plus I’m always outnumbered so I just smile @ them

SL, Purps, Yukon & anyone else in FL please hunker down & stay safe! We have you in our prayers

Had a fruitful day as I signed up with another agency who said they will prolly have work Tue after Labor Day. My regular agency said that I show up Tue morning. Hopeful my prayers will be answered

24 pls
Old 08-30-2019, 05:46 PM
  # 336 (permalink)  

24 please

badge
Old 08-30-2019, 07:49 PM
  # 337 (permalink)  

Hi,
Boy oh boy, Ken & I are going to be sending lots of love & Sunny vibes to Florida & our Family here on SR this upcoming Weekend + beyond.

No hurricane's here. But what a lightening show with loud thunder for a few hours last night!!

Today, Our Boat/Snorkel/Paddleboard/Kayak/ & Beautiful Beach Excursion on Banderas Bay started off as an adventure!!

Pouring rain, big swells & the boat was rocking! Lots of other passengers getting sick. Sweet Ken & I did not feel Seasick, thank the Universe!

The Captain changed itineraries and we end up having a great day.

I'm signing in for my next 24 ....

Bobbi
Old 08-30-2019, 08:21 PM
  # 338 (permalink)  
Sobriety is Traditional

Why certainly! I'll commit to stay sober the next 24 hours!

8:21 PM in the San Juan Islands.
Old 08-30-2019, 08:56 PM
  # 339 (permalink)  

In for another sober day! TGIF!
Old 08-30-2019, 09:27 PM
  # 340 (permalink)  
Administrator

1NewCreation has been having some issues with posting his 7 year chip so I did it.

Please join me in congratulating J on his seven years:

https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums...wcreation.html (Congrats on Seven Years 1NewCreation :))

D