Class of March 2016 Part 80

Old 08-27-2019, 06:20 PM
  # 81 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by beerbgone View Post
You're a tough SOB PHX!!!
Yes, yes you are.
Old 08-27-2019, 06:47 PM
  # 82 (permalink)  

….in part my success are because of you people.

Much gratitude and thanks to all.

I just sent a post to the 2 counsellors I had in the recovery program (and of course the Burns Unit). I shared what I valued the most (after having lived through the ordeal) was sobriety and a sense of positive self- to grow, heal - be a positive and productive member of my community (which SR is part of).
Old 08-27-2019, 07:11 PM
  # 83 (permalink)  
Administrator

Congrats Mish - and congrats to you too Pj on your progress

D
Old 08-28-2019, 02:07 AM
  # 84 (permalink)  

I like your drawing PJ ~ Will that be in the exhibit as well?

Time for startin' fluid on this Wednesday morning
Old 08-28-2019, 04:40 AM
  # 85 (permalink)  

No purp, that is a technical drawing for Life Drawing homework. Exhib goes up next week- I will get some pics.
Below a repeat post- update about my fried anniversary.

A profoundly productive day. Completely wiped my computer of every hassle and prob (well over1000), installed a very good virus/malware checker-repair thing, bought a little 'ghetto blaster', that has extremely good speakers, isMP3/4 compat, has a radio and CD player.....at a fraction of doing silly things. I also worked out my car sound system (awesome) accepts both I-pod AND MP3, which is wonderful, as this saves me a great deal on replacing stuff, also a cheapie chair on rollers- so I can scoot around my studio- from the easel, to the art desk, to the writing bureau. I also put in an improvised waterproof floor (art is such a messy craft with graphite, charcoal, oils, acrylics, solvents, eraser filings etc) in the studio- to save my little leased unit's floor from turning a different colour. I also completely rearranged everything to do with study, computer use, writing- so not sitting in front of a tv watching doco's. This was okay before- as I used to get too tired, but now- best to avoid the TV- and do stuff. Also rearranged my new music room- less stuff in there- so the harmonics are excellent for the cello and piano. Also sent a heap of thankyou's to the Burns Unit, the Recovery Program and my Art school. Also sorted ALL my art materials/supplies and is a lot neater and cleaned up about 9000kg of assorted dust/art debris.
So a good day.

Thank you to all for the support I got over the last 4.
Old 08-28-2019, 06:40 AM
  # 86 (permalink)  

Happy Thursday. Hope everyone is having a good morning.

Mine is not entirely productive. I’m in that “hurry up and wait” mode where I need other people to do some things before I can do my stuff. I’m trying to be patient, but it’s not one of my virtues

Be good ...
Old 08-28-2019, 07:14 AM
  # 87 (permalink)  

Great post PHX!

Not too patient here, either, MITA.

Good morning, Purple!

Hey, BBG!

Have a great day, friends!
Old 08-28-2019, 09:30 AM
  # 88 (permalink)  

Happy hump day friends. Late checkin! Sippin' startin' fluid and busy, busy, busy. Have a great day everybody!
Old 08-29-2019, 01:49 AM
  # 89 (permalink)  

Hi friends

Thursday morning here ~ Startin' fluid and stepping forward....
Old 08-29-2019, 04:04 AM
  # 90 (permalink)  

Yep - I’m with you Purps. Thanks for being the one who usually gets our day going. I always look forward to opening up this thread (no pressure - you’re allowed to sleep in from time to time or even take a few days off!!)

Nothing special in my world. Just doing the usual work grind, but that’s all okay.

Looking forward to heading back home tomorrow
Old 08-29-2019, 07:25 AM
  # 91 (permalink)  

Sleep in.....oh, yes please.....I would LOVE that.....I told my husband I wasn't getting up this morning.....just not doing it. Of course I did. Need more coffee.

Love to all the Marchies. xx
Old 08-29-2019, 08:02 AM
  # 92 (permalink)  

Morning friends. Of course I've got startin' fluid!!! Trying to cut back though. Lately I've been sippin' until noon or later. But I'm on my last cup for the morning right now.
Old 08-29-2019, 04:10 PM
  # 93 (permalink)  

Checking in ~ "Calm before the storm" ~ Looks like Dorian may hit the other coast of FL but it's still too soon to tell....my family cracks me up....no one else seems to be worried so I'm trying not to....sent my dad a text asking if they're staying in town & to be safe....He replied "What storm, it's not coming here"

(Lol!)
Old 08-29-2019, 04:16 PM
  # 94 (permalink)  

Leigh mentioned the hurricane. Scary stuff.

A beeyootifool day here, my art study day, so along one.. .but good.
They also provide good quality instant coffee (my preference, if I had a pod r espresso machine home- I would probably count my annual sleep in hours on one hand. Some student stereotypes hold true- quite of few of the younger students look crumpled, consume large amount of coffee, instant noodles and porridge. One lost soul even wanders about in a dressing gown- maybe for that 'eccentric' look, but I doubt it.
Old 08-29-2019, 08:14 PM
  # 95 (permalink)  
Velveteen Rabbit

Originally Posted by PhoenixJ View Post
Leigh mentioned the hurricane. Scary stuff.

A beeyootifool day here, my art study day, so along one.. .but good.
They also provide good quality instant coffee (my preference, if I had a pod r espresso machine home- I would probably count my annual sleep in hours on one hand. Some student stereotypes hold true- quite of few of the younger students look crumpled, consume large amount of coffee, instant noodles and porridge. One lost soul even wanders about in a dressing gown- maybe for that 'eccentric' look, but I doubt it.
When you tell stories...you paint quite a picture too. I felt like I could see it. A different art but I love what I “saw.”

Have a beeyootifool day tomorrow too!
Old 08-29-2019, 08:16 PM
  # 96 (permalink)  
Velveteen Rabbit

Originally Posted by Purplrks3647 View Post
Checking in ~ "Calm before the storm" ~ Looks like Dorian may hit the other coast of FL but it's still too soon to tell....my family cracks me up....no one else seems to be worried so I'm trying not to....sent my dad a text asking if they're staying in town & to be safe....He replied "What storm, it's not coming here"

(Lol!)
Be safe. They seem to guess wrong all the time, on where hurricanes land. I hope it misses ya!
Old 08-29-2019, 11:56 PM
  # 97 (permalink)  

Thanks guys ~ just checked in on the 24 and calling myself out....flashbacks of "Hurricane party" and AV whispering, though it's more like a mosquito buzzing around that needs to be smacked. Plus a 3 day weekend.....gotta stay close and keep my guard up

Thanks for being here
Old 08-30-2019, 12:11 AM
  # 98 (permalink)  

Nice work keeping it honest, Purps. Good luck with the storm. Be safe.

I’m up early to get ready for my flight. Very happy to be headed home. I somehow managed to tweak my low back (a chronic issue for me at this point), so I’m keeping my fingers crossed that I make it through this trip without any issues.

Have a great day !!!
Old 08-30-2019, 05:27 AM
  # 99 (permalink)  

I read somewhere people actually have boozy hurricane parties. One they will/are experiencing. Clever that.
Posted below elsewhere- but I was on a bit of a roll, so sharing the goodness....

Interesting day. Last night struggling with Caravaggio drawing- my mind was not processing, just like there is only so much sugar that will dissolve in water. So I packed it away and took my attempted masterpiece of drawing to my artist friend who runs the Recovery art program. I then learnt more just by watching and listening for 30- than many other sessions I have had.

Then went to the drawing class- 4 hours. I am getting better slowly.
Then at home, coming in the front door, forgot I had changed the furniture around and knocked the TV to the floor- broken. So I collected all the hoarded change I had- and bought a new one (just a cheapie). I n the department store- there was one young lady, new- trying to find my TV in stock- and a waiting customer was dinging the 'come here!' bell. So I went and actually talked to the lady, and she relaxed- then we both told the girl to serve the other first.
ME- interacting with humans. In the real world. And surprisingly it was spontaneous.
Imagine you will a new born baby- UNABLE TO UNDERSTAND THEIR NEW WORLD, A CLEAN MIND- WAITING TO BE FILLED.

That is me, except when I woke up 4y ago from that coma- I was filled with pain and memories, but with no skills on how to be an adult human. Each day has many such examples of how I seem to soak up new learning experiences. To which I am eternally grateful- as I HAVE the ability to still learn.
Old 08-30-2019, 11:42 AM
  # 100 (permalink)  

That's a great story, PJ. When learning or re-learning to be human, I think keeping the Golden Rule in your thoughts and actions as much as possible is always a good thing. Somehow, I can't see that being any kind of problem for you

Made it home - back was A-OK on the flights.

The nice thing about the east to west travel is I've still got half the day left. I don't quite have half the energy I need, but I guess you can't have everything!!