Notices

Class of March 2016 Part 80

Old 08-21-2019, 05:31 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by venuscat View Post
For sure....no dishes. s

And I do not mean to step on a serious moment.....we are all with you MITA. s
Thanks Venus, and everyone. I can think back and smile at the many fun times we had together when we were very young.

I can also smile at the adorable hug that Purps shared with you
Old 08-21-2019, 05:49 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

That's our friend Chippy ~ He always cheers us up
Old 08-21-2019, 06:02 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Prayers MITA. Good you can reflect on happy memories. You have me thinkin'. The bro I shared a b/day with (who drank himself to death when he was42, older than me)-I will try to think of better times with him.

I hope the world seems more kindly soon Suze.

As treasurer of my home group, I have worked out a way to save money on cookies. Just have 3 bowls for white and brown sugar, and sweeteners. With a strict rule of not double dipping - each person can then spoon the required amount of sugar into their own bowl and eat it at leisure.
Old 08-22-2019, 06:09 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Morning Marcheros!!

Typical startin' fluid infused morning here. I've got a busy day, so I'm grateful to be clear headed.

Be good ...
Old 08-22-2019, 06:31 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

PHX - what do you put the brown sugar in? I only use it for baking...just curious.
Old 08-22-2019, 06:34 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  

I am confused too.
Not sure what the bowls are about. He he...but in Aus we use brown sugar in everything.....lots of people use it in tea and coffee.
Old 08-22-2019, 07:06 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  

I think I'd like it in tea. I'm not so sure about coffee. Brown sugar in our barbecue sauce is the best.

Have a great day everyone!
Old 08-22-2019, 09:31 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  
Velveteen Rabbit

MITA, I’m sorry for your loss AND I’m glad it isn’t you. Both feelings can exist and it’s ok. ((Hug))

Sugar...white or brown...delicious. Less refined is brown, isn’t it? Perhaps not as bad for you? Both better than artificial sweetener, which I’m slowly getting out of my system.

Just read up on Bangs politics. Not judging your choice certainly (and I mean that!) I’d sooner die of thirst than buy it. Bang goes on the boycott list. Thank you for pointing that out.

I just put Jersey Mike’s on the Lillian Boycott List too. That guy and his trophy hunting of anything that moves in Africa can seriously kiss my patooty.

I’m flying to La La Land today. Lord help me. Trying to save a big client. All I can think is that this stress isn’t good for me. I’m no longer capable of giving until it hurts....my body has said very clearly, change or you might die. I may die anyway but....jeez why the heck am I saying “take me!”?
Old 08-22-2019, 09:49 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  

Do you have to go love? I guess so.....don't let this client steal your peace. Keep doing you.... s

And then come home and chill, no one is taking you. s xx
Old 08-22-2019, 11:11 AM
  # 30 (permalink)  

You're welcome, Lillian. I started drinking it before I knew. My daughter won't touch it now. I rarely do - but days like yesterday had me really needing that extra wake up. I hope La-la-land isn't too rough on you.

Suze - hope you are feeling better today.

Hey, BBG!
Old 08-22-2019, 11:40 AM
  # 31 (permalink)  
Velveteen Rabbit

....and oh gosh, Dancing with the Stars now on boycott list today. I have been missing it during its year long hiatus. Oh well! Time for Net Flix and Chill I guess.

I get it Bobbie! It is yummy.

I’ll connect emotionally for one hour today and not one minute more. As cancer has taught me, do not let worry about tomorrow, rob you of the joy today.

Delta airlines 1 hour and 45 minutes late....no boycott but perhaps a strongly worded letter? Haha - isn’t it nice to pretend corporate America cares what I think?
Old 08-22-2019, 12:11 PM
  # 32 (permalink)  

Hope you have a smooth trip Lillian

Just having some afternoon startin' fluid to get a second wind....I saw these on Twitter....Did I mention "Bolt" to you guys before? He's a puppy from our local guide dog facility, being raised by our Lightning hockey team; after about a year he'll go back to campus for formal training to become a service dog.....Here he is practicing on the ice with Stamkos (I guess that's the star player?!) Anyway, I told Bolt to show 'em how it's done!

Old 08-22-2019, 04:38 PM
  # 33 (permalink)  
Administrator

You can do the stressful things Lillian - we'll all be with you in spirit
D
Old 08-22-2019, 05:09 PM
  # 34 (permalink)  

I meant why not just eat sugar-not cookies, cheaper. Brown sugar for those who like to think they are healthy.
Old 08-23-2019, 06:23 AM
  # 35 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by PhoenixJ View Post
I meant why not just eat sugar-not cookies, cheaper. Brown sugar for those who like to think they are healthy.
Dang, PHX. Just when I think I understand your Australian accent I get all messed up. Lol - I get it now.

Lillian - pretty sure I will never by another Bang. It sucks having a conscience. LOL I really hope your trip is going well.

Have an awesomely awesome Friday, folks. I get the grand kids this weekend and I'm pretty excited.
Old 08-23-2019, 06:24 AM
  # 36 (permalink)  

Purple - Bolt is freaking adorable.
Old 08-23-2019, 06:57 AM
  # 37 (permalink)  

There are 4 of us Aussies on this thread, just saying.....and hey beautiful Mish.....and it is not us.....it is Adelaide.....really..... ()......they sound like a mixture of New Zealanders/Brits....no one understands them I tell you!!!! ()

Luckily, some of them are genius painters and communicate magnificently through their art.

Adore you PJ....and there things called healthy biscuits. And muffins. You should encourage members of the group to bake....now that's a fun sober project.
Old 08-23-2019, 07:15 AM
  # 38 (permalink)  

Good morning gang!!

I'll stick with my regular coffee, thank you. I have not looked up with the problem is with the Bang Co., or Jersey Mike's (do you have this company confused with Jimmy John's?). Anyway, I tried that 5 hour energy stuff one time - huge mistake

Purps, that dog is adorable - can we adopt him as our own mascot for our thread?

Have a great day everyone!!
Old 08-23-2019, 07:27 AM
  # 39 (permalink)  

I do not buy drinks at all from anywhere.....I drink water and coffee that I make.
Energy drinks scare me.....they have some terrible ingredients.

And I need to find out why dancing with the stars is on Lillian's boycott list. Not that I am going to watch it, but I am curious. Hope Masterchef is still kosher, so to speak.
Old 08-23-2019, 07:36 AM
  # 40 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by venuscat View Post
There are 4 of us Aussies on this thread, just saying.....and hey beautiful Mish.....and it is not us.....it is Adelaide.....really..... ()......they sound like a mixture of New Zealanders/Brits....no one understands them I tell you!!!! ()
Yeah, has to be Adelaide - I always understand the rest of you!
I'm just kidding. It just took me a minute to understand his post. I went in an entirely different direction. I'm sure it was on me.