SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomer's Daily Support Threads (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-daily-support-threads/)
-   -   Class of August Part 1 2019 (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-daily-support-threads/440777-class-august-part-1-2019-a.html)

Dee74 08-04-2019 03:23 AM

Welcome longlady :)

D

ChloeRose63 08-04-2019 01:41 PM

Glad you are back, Longlady.
Have you got a plan to get you through the rough times?
This journey as all about learning what works and what does not help us to stay on course. "Mess ups" are just that! We are here for you! Hope you are having a good day!:)

ReadyAtLast 08-04-2019 03:20 PM

I'm in. Again. I had 4 days last week then had a weekend with my sister. I was determined not to drink but did. I just cant go away from home so early on. I have to stay in my home environment to stay sober at least in the early weeks. I've made this mistake so many many times and feel so terribly weak.

Dee74 08-04-2019 04:01 PM

welcome RAL :)

D

rah555 08-04-2019 05:16 PM

Time for a Permanent Change

Hi! Hoping to join this class. I’ve been struggling for such a long time and want to change. I’ve tried to moderate for years now and do well for a bit but then go overboard and have blackout times where I act like a different person...so embarrassing. I had gastric bypass 10 years ago and have struggled ever since. Since 2017 I’ve gained back 30 pounds of the weight I lost. Old habits and the cycle of drinking has taken a toll on me. I’m getting my earring under control by following post gastric bypass diet instructions. I am thinking about going for counseling. There’s lots of things I’m struggling with...I just started a new demanding stressful job two months ago, moved cross country for it, my sister dies of lung cancer two weeks ago. I drink to relax and escape. And once I start I have trouble stopping. I just keep going and going. It’s realky unhealthy. My husband is my partner in crime and has been quite patient and understanding but I feel like it’s just got to be addressed. Since my husband and I drink together it will be challenging but I am committed. I’m disgusted with myself and feel like a bad person.

Dee74 08-04-2019 05:18 PM

Welcome back and welcome to the thread RAH :)

D

NicLin 08-05-2019 12:22 AM

Checking in for Day 17 done!!!

Feeling pretty good today. Nights have been harder but working out helps.

That's all folks

ChloeRose63 08-05-2019 01:54 AM

Good to see you, NicLin!
Congrats on 17 days!:c011:

rah555 08-05-2019 03:54 AM

Originally Posted by NicLin (Post 7241293)
Checking in for Day 17 done!!!

Feeling pretty good today. Nights have been harder but working out helps.

That's all folks

congrats on 17 days! That’s awesome! What steps/things are helping you day to day?

rah555 08-05-2019 04:24 AM

Day 2

Today is day 2. Not feeling that great physically this morning. My anxiety is very high today. I had a binge drinking episode Saturday. Don’t remember anything. I’m nervous I may have run into someone from work and acted like a jerk. My husband said I was really bad on Saturday. Sometimes when I drink too much I turn into a different person. It’s like a bad alter ego or something. I say things and do things I would never do sober. So anyway I am feeling panicky inside. I am also trying to decide if I should access employee assistance benefits through work or if I should just find a counselor. What do u think of EAP programs?

Dee74 08-05-2019 05:05 AM

I have no experience to share RAH but definitely worth looking into to see what kind of help they offer?
D

ReadyAtLast 08-05-2019 11:55 AM

Thanks Dee
It's good to be back here. I've been reading all the time even tho not posting.
Had a lovely weekend with my sister, apart from drinking.

Home now. I have very bad toothache, an abscess and infected gum :( Got antibiotics and hopefully a decent sleep tonight will help.

So tired and in pain :( hope everyone is doing ok.

xxxNICHOLExxx 08-05-2019 12:15 PM

Going to try this again what seems to be my 100th time. I’m pretty positive I know what to do I just happen to get stuck in my own head at times and needing to escape but I’m changing my mindset this time and some changes to my lifestyle hopefully this one sticks!!!

Caramel 08-05-2019 01:02 PM

RAL - hope you feel better soon.
Glad you're here, Nichole.

:grouphug:

rah555 08-05-2019 03:45 PM

Originally Posted by xxxNICHOLExxx (Post 7241664)
Going to try this again what seems to be my 100th time. I’m pretty positive I know what to do I just happen to get stuck in my own head at times and needing to escape but I’m changing my mindset this time and some changes to my lifestyle hopefully this one sticks!!!

I also have tried and failed many times. May have hit rock bottom this time. I am really going to try. You can do this!!

mariposa 08-05-2019 04:53 PM

I’m back and ready to build my sober muscles. I feel awful today. My anxiety is very high, confidence is very low. In two weeks the feelings I have now will fade and I’ll be back to the professional, happy, productive me. I never want to go back through this again.

rah555 08-05-2019 07:08 PM

I am feeling the same way..my anxiety is so high. Feel so bad about myself. I hope this passes. We will need to remind each other that we don’t want to feel this way again.

Originally Posted by mariposa (Post 7241847)
I’m back and ready to build my sober muscles. I feel awful today. My anxiety is very high, confidence is very low. In two weeks the feelings I have now will fade and I’ll be back to the professional, happy, productive me. I never want to go back through this again.

rah555 08-05-2019 07:14 PM

Day 2 is coming to a close. I didn’t feel well today. I followed my eating plan and drank lots of fluids. I didn’t sleep well last night and I’m having trouble sleeping now. On Saturday I overdid it..don’t remember anything after a certain point. I hate that I can’t control myself. I’m afraid I may have bumped into someone from work and acted like horribly. I was waiting for the show to drop all day tomorrow. My boss scheduled a 1:1 with me and a mid year review. Neither is unusual but I am a nervous wreck. This is is awful. I don’t want to feel like this or need to worry like this ever again.

Dee74 08-05-2019 08:12 PM

Things will get better guys - I promise :)

D

StartAnew68 08-06-2019 02:57 AM

Hi all. I’m another in the ‘back again’ category. I’ve been reading back on the site and so much wisdom.

Have a great Tuesday (or hope you had a great one to those the other end of the day).