24 Hour Recovery Connections Part 450

Old 07-15-2019, 08:27 PM
  # 41 (permalink)  
Sobriety is Traditional

All set for another 24 hours sober!

8:27 PM in the Salish Sea.
Old 07-15-2019, 08:56 PM
  # 42 (permalink)  

8:47 pm in California and checking in for another 24.

Thank you so much for all of the kind comments after my rant the other night, it is nice to know I can come here to share the good, the bad, and the ugly. I try to always look at things from a positive angle, and with gratitude, and on Saturday night I was grateful to have all of you. I was also grateful to wake up feeling fine on Sunday morning, not sure many others at that family gathering felt the same way.

Hevyn, I’m sorry you deal with a similar situation. I have tried to be nice and ignore because of the kids, and because if my mother in law, but I’ve reached the same point as you, I am over it. I will be avoiding certain gatherings, my mental well being is important, and I am way beyond the years of trying to placate adults.

I’m lucky to have incredible family, many of whom are friends that have become family. I also have my own three babies who I love more than anything in the world.

Today was the only day I have to work this week, I am now off until Friday the 26th when I’ll be heading to a two day conference, thankfully it’s local, so I will be home at night, and after that I’m back to my regular work schedule.

We are heading on a driving trip this week, going to do a college visit/fun road trip up the coast, then to Chico, then back down. We leave early Friday morning, and come back on Wednesday night. I’m excited for the girls to see a few schools and to start thinking about what they might like in a college, then they can start those scholarship applications!

Hope everyone is having a great week so far.

❤️Delilah
Old 07-15-2019, 08:58 PM
  # 43 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by kenton View Post
Good afternoon ladies and gentlemen of Sober city. I had such an incredible day yesterday. I did my Reiki Master level training! I'm now a reiki master!! And what's even more incredible is that I did the training with my 10 year old daughter. It's taken over a year but now we are both Reiki Masters. A ten year old Reiki Master!!! Imagine that. It's an incredible achievement and I feel very proud of us both. And the best part was during the initiation yesterday, when I was surrounded by so much positivity and love, I felt the shift. It suddenly became crystal clear to me that I have a choice. We all do. And from now on, I choose to distance myself from negative, toxic energy. So grateful to sobriety and all of you for helping me find this path.

Jo, you are a beautiful person and a beautiful soul. You've had a really tough time lately struggling with anxiety and adapting to your new meds but you show up to life every day.... working, being a mum, daughter, sister, friend, caring for others all the time. Slow things down and think about all you've achieved. Congratulate yourself for that. Once you start focusing on all your positives, any little changes you want to make in your life will become far easier to achieve. When I focus solely on what I want to achieve, I often don't know where to start. When I focus on everything I'm doing right, the job kinds of starts itself. Not sure if any of this makes sense. In a nutshell, focus on the positive...… magic seems to happen when we do. Love you Jo and everyone else here. 24 more for me please xxxx
Very wise post Kenton. Congrats to you and your daughter, that’s a very special accomplishment for you both.❤️
Old 07-15-2019, 08:58 PM
  # 44 (permalink)  
Magsie

Whopper sending hugs for you and your family. ’s

Kenton Congratulations, you’re amazing

Congratulations to
aussieblue ~ 1 week! ♥
dizzybee ~ 3 weeks! ♥
Guener ~ 1 year & 2 months! ♥
Vinificent ~ 2 years & 2 months! ♥
Quincy ~ 2 years & 11 months! ♥

Congratulations to everyone sober!

24 more here please!
4.58 am Tuesday
Old 07-15-2019, 09:05 PM
  # 45 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by slipperyknot View Post
Back at it. Identity crisis and I picked a new one only it was an old one. Alcoholic. Pretty lonely but ok. Dads funeral this weekend and I didnt go. Just drank. Let's kick this back up a notch so I don't lose my mind and my husband.
Hi Slipperyknot,

I’m glad you are here. I am sorry about your dad. I have lost both of my parents, and I know how difficult that is. Have you been able to stop drinking? Once you have a few days sober allow yourself to grieve. Look at pictures, remember all the great things about your dad, even the things that made you crazy about him, they’ll make you smile, cry, laugh and give yourself permission to feel sad.

Do something to remember your dad by, plant a tree, get a brick or rock engraved, go somewhere he liked to go and just sit there. The funeral is for the family to be able to say goodbye, but you don’t need s funeral to do that. Find that place where you feel you’re dad’s presence and spend some time there.

Sending lots of love and hugs your way.

❤️Delilah
Old 07-15-2019, 09:06 PM
  # 46 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by whopper View Post
A relative of mine is expected to die any day now from alcoholism
Its a troubling time for me and my relatives. Checking in for 24.
I’m so sorry Whopper, you and your family are in my thoughts. Sending lots of love and virtual hugs your way.❤️
Old 07-15-2019, 09:15 PM
  # 47 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by joandmelandhan View Post
Thank you for the new thread Dee and good afternoon all.
Just coming to the end of my Monday work-wise. It has been busy but relatively calm. Had my mum to visit this weekend which has had me in a bit of a tailspin as I obsess about my weight whenever she is around. She is a 71 year old 100 pound athlete and I am a 47 year old 175 pound slob. I did try to go out walking with her and the dog at the weekend but I have reached that point where the heat and my size are making even that difficult. I know damned well that I would be telling any friend of mine not to attach so much importance to this but I cannot seem to be anything other than disgusted with myself.
I can, however, live in 24 hour chunks and focus on that one day only. Today so far I have not had an entire cake or packet of cookies. Even if I do, I am still sober and a nice person. I will try not to though and report back in the morning...….
Take care all and 24 more please XXXXXXXXXX
Jo, you are a beautiful person, I wish you could see yourself as the rest of us see you. I feel like I am always dealing with wanting to lose weight. I started WW about five weeks ago, and I’m down 10.5 pounds, still have another 15 or so to lose, but I am being patient with myself, and trying to say to myself what I would say to a friend.

I like WW because I can still eat whatever I want, and the app isn’t handy. Also, tracking my food hasn’t always been my key to success, even if I’ve had an off day. Last week was my first week that all seven days were in the healthy eating zone, and I’m on track for that to happen again this week.

I have also been exercising every day, just walking and some weights, but it’s something.

Hang in there my friend, you’ve got this!❤️
Old 07-15-2019, 09:19 PM
  # 48 (permalink)  

I want another 24 hours, I'm gonna struggle, I'm going to the supermarket soon and I've had a very stressful day, possibly my own doing as I don't need to stress and let things get to me but I have..
I hope I can walk past the wine aisle..
Old 07-15-2019, 10:03 PM
  # 49 (permalink)  

Oh boy, it's late for me, but checking in for my next 24!

Bobbi
Old 07-15-2019, 10:21 PM
  # 50 (permalink)  

Another 24 for me too please
hugs Xx
Old 07-15-2019, 10:55 PM
  # 51 (permalink)  
2Cor5:17

24 pls
Old 07-15-2019, 11:56 PM
  # 52 (permalink)  

Hey Delilah! Sorry I missed your post on the last thread, which most definitely wasn't a rant. If that was a rant, I'm an aardvark.... And I'm not an aardvark, even though one day I'd love to be. Wonderful, magical creatures. Anyway, I wish I could talk to you at length but I have to get the kids to school but I just wanted to suggest you Google 'full moon release'. It just so happens to be the time of the full moon at the moment which is the perfect time to let go of any situation, any energy, any person that is no longer serving you. Sounds like the universe is pointing out to you the people you need to distance yourself from (your sister in law). Doesn't have to be forever but it does have to be. Sometimes when I feel very uncomfortable in a situation or with certain people..... Especially if I'm left in tears.....I really try to understand what I'm being taught. Sounds like you're doing all this intuitively anyway Delilah which is what happens when you live life as you do as your true, awesome, authentic self but when I went back to read your post, I wanted to reassure you that these kinds of healing, cleansing shifts can be very normal at the time of the full moon. And whilst they're painful at the time, they are ultimately working for our greater good. Sending you lots of love Delilah..... If you can, go out and look at the moon tonight, and when you do, know that I looked at it earlier and it appears to you with love sent from me. Love to you Whopper, slipperyknot and everyone here. 24 more for me please xxxx
Old 07-16-2019, 01:06 AM
  # 53 (permalink)  

Good morning,
Checking in for another sober 24 hours
xx
Old 07-16-2019, 01:09 AM
  # 54 (permalink)  

I would like another 24 please
Old 07-16-2019, 01:16 AM
  # 55 (permalink)  

Whopper - not a lot anyone can say to ease the pain but thinking about you and your relatives at this terrible time.
Jo - I echo everything everyone else has said. You're obviously a very valued person here and I think it's really important you keep that in your mind.
Delilah - I think that sometimes a rant is just what the doctor ordered! Hope your driving trip is wonderful.
Slipperyknot - hope you can get back to the good (sober) life soon.
Red - please walk past the wine aisle. we need you in the June thread,

24 more hours please. That will take me to day 26.
Old 07-16-2019, 01:46 AM
  # 56 (permalink)  

Another 24 please
Old 07-16-2019, 01:53 AM
  # 57 (permalink)  

Another 24 please
Old 07-16-2019, 01:55 AM
  # 58 (permalink)  

24 more please, with hugs for those who need them

Old 07-16-2019, 02:16 AM
  # 59 (permalink)  

Good morning everyone, Its 10.15 am here in the UK, Please count me in for another 24 hours sober and clean.
Old 07-16-2019, 02:26 AM
  # 60 (permalink)  

In for a sober 24 hours