Notices

Class of June 2019 part 3

Old 08-20-2019, 05:16 AM
  # 321 (permalink)  

You are just wonderful Rose.....every day your psts in the 24-hour thread are so lovely and heartfelt. s

And congrats to all of you for every single day you keep doing this. s
Old 08-21-2019, 12:08 AM
  # 322 (permalink)  

Venus - thank you! As you well know, it's not difficult to identify/empathise with those who are doing their best to keep on keeping on, especially after havoc brought about by alcohol. Really hope your elbow is mended or at least well on the way to being so. Bright and sunny Wednesday here and I hope it's the same where you are.

Good morning to my June fellow non-drinkers.
Old 08-21-2019, 04:12 AM
  # 323 (permalink)  

It's just after 7am and it is very gray and dull, which is perfect for today.....I could actually get the gardening finished without getting burnt. It seems that every day now my elbow is a bit better. Thank you for asking.

Hope you are having a fabulous Wednesday! s
Old 08-22-2019, 12:10 AM
  # 324 (permalink)  

Venus - glad there is some improvement. Hope that continues. Elbow, ankles, joints etc seem to take such a long time time to get better. And excellent that you finished the gardening. I'm contemplating my tiny space and wondering what to plant to keep a bit of colour once the summer goes. Hope your Thursday is a good one.
Old 08-22-2019, 06:42 AM
  # 325 (permalink)  

I did not even start the gardening yesterday.....but today, things are happening.
And yes, of course.....I have broken things before, but nothing has ever hurt in my life like this elbow and my ankle where I got bitten very badly (to the bone). I forgot how to be patient with an injury....I do believe this is a very important learning moment for me....patience is not a virtue I possess. And I want it.

And I do believe you are 2 months sober today dear Rose? Unless I have it wrong? s

:gruphug:
Old 08-22-2019, 06:54 PM
  # 326 (permalink)  
DJ1

Hi all been busy few days today was 12 weeks woohooo who would have thought Well I decided to go back to finish off some classes I stared a year or so ago never finished so wish me luck start tomorrow
Keep up the good work class
Old 08-23-2019, 12:06 AM
  # 327 (permalink)  

DJ1 - good luck with your classes and many congrats on 12 weeks. That is an achievement.

Venus - I sympathise with your lack of patience because I don't have much either. And you didn't need a bite on top of everything else. So frustrating. You're almost spot on because I am 9 weeks sober today! Really looking forward to 14th September when I hit 3 months because from what everyone has said that's a particularly good early stage to reach. Onwards and upwards.
Old 08-23-2019, 07:02 AM
  # 328 (permalink)  

Wow DJ....you go girl!!!!!! (I start next week).

The bite was in 2007 Rose, so now I just have a very bad scar and no feeling in part of my ankle/leg. It is a terrible story, and I won't tell anyone anymore. The plastic surgeon said it was like a shark bite.

So.....discovered that whining Suze just had a bug, and it is GONE!!! And the sun is trying to come out and it is very cool, so cooking and gardening and housework here I come.....plus I need to get into my other course today. Hmm, maybe tomorrow on that one.

I keep getting your date all wrong Rose....
I thought your sober date was the 22nd.
Just so happy for you....I can hear you well you feel....this is wonderful huh?
Old 08-24-2019, 01:07 AM
  # 329 (permalink)  

Venus - a shark bite?! No one can accuse you of having had a quiet life. Hooray that your bug has gone in time for the weekend. No you haven't got my sobriety start date wrong and I was 2 calendar months sober yesterday. It's just that if I translate that into days I get a slightly better result in terms of actual weeks so obviously I went for that optIon! But that's neither here nor there. Thank you so much for your congratulations and, frankly, for bothering. It means such a lot. It somehow makes it sound less than it is if I say you really help me to be accountable but I'm going to say it anyway because it's true. And you're right. It is truly wonderful! Have a good weekend.
Old 08-24-2019, 05:06 AM
  # 330 (permalink)  

Ahhhh, got it.

Not an actual shark bite.....lol.....it was my cat and it was not her fault....she was terrified by a dog that someone let loose in my flats.....everyone survived.

I was wrong about the 'bug', tis more the flu. I think. I don't really know but it feels like it. Going to have a great day anyway.

Old 08-24-2019, 01:51 PM
  # 331 (permalink)  

Back to day 0 ha picked up a ball last night and hitting the slopes. Obviously can't be doing this every day but is it really that bad to do once and awhile. Hopefully I don't slip all the way back to where i was
Old 08-24-2019, 03:43 PM
  # 332 (permalink)  
Administrator

I doubt you're going to get many folks telling you it's a good idea NB.

My problem was I couldn't do that once in a while. I had to do it all the time and every time I drank or drugged I destroyed a little more of my life.

I know you've not been very happy recently, but taking a step backwards won't be the solution, man.

D.
Old 08-25-2019, 01:58 AM
  # 333 (permalink)  

Hi NB - I sympathise with anyone and everyone who picks up a drink. That's because I've done it so often myself. It's a struggle and one I've frequently lost . And I don't feel I'm qualified in any way to tell someone what to do, especially since I'm only in week 10 myself so I don't put myself forward as any kind of example. But since you posted about it I hope it's OK to respond with my thoughts. Everything about life for me, the alcoholic, is better sober. I mean everything, even the darker days, For me, picking up an alcoholic drink now would be devastating. I just don't have the option of once in a while. If I did I wouldn't have ever needed to sign up to this site. I've no illusions about how much of a struggle it is and of course I don't actually know if I'm going to make it. But for what it's worth I urge you to make yourself view this as one single lapse but one that can't ever be repeated. I wish you good luck and I hope you know we're all in this together.
Old 08-25-2019, 07:25 AM
  # 334 (permalink)  

Awesome posts...... s

If I could do that once in a while, well.....I can't. Not a chance....I would start feeling that I had some control back.....I drank last night and I am fine, no issues, no cravings.....so I would give myself permission, and then it would happen again, but it would be two nights. And then it would be perfectly ok to have a beer after work again, or a glass of wine.....

And then I would be right back where I was, two bottles a night.

And Rose honey......you are doing this. Every day is a huge success. s xx
Old 08-25-2019, 04:19 PM
  # 335 (permalink)  

Sorry to hear that NB. I did 2 and half years sober, had one drink on my honeymoon and that was all I had, but a couple weeks later I thought I had control so allowed myself to have another drink. I had control for a while, thought I was okay. 3 years later I was back exactly where I was until I quit again this time. I can’t tell you how to live your life but thought I would give you my experience. I wish I could have control but sadly not an option. The past 3 years taught me that.
Old 08-25-2019, 05:49 PM
  # 336 (permalink)  

I appreciate the replies. I don't regret drinking exactly but after drinking have no desire to return to a drinking lifestyle which is good but I know I have to be careful. Obviously coke is a straight out bad idea especially given I want to keep up with the gym and that stuff is clearly not good to use before working out. Have no desire to even drink moderately and drank nothing since Friday and no blow today. Friday was kind of stupid to drink as there was no real reason to do so but feel it did give me perspective on old life and for sure don't plan to head back to that place.
Old 08-26-2019, 01:39 AM
  # 337 (permalink)  

NB - sounds like you have clarity on what you want, and don't want, and I really hope you achieve both.

Hi Pete - nice to hear from you and I hope all is going well in the PC family.
Old 08-26-2019, 06:57 AM
  # 338 (permalink)  

I watched the Robin Williams documentary on HBO yesterday.
I adored him.....for so many years....so many people did.
Cocaine.....the destroyer of lives.....was a big reason we lost him.
Just my thoughts.....it is a scary drug. s
Old 08-26-2019, 05:53 PM
  # 339 (permalink)  

You’re getting sleeeeepy....

Hey everyone. NB, get back in the ring. You know what’s down that road. Venus, glad you’re elbow is at the right angle again.

So, I made the 3 month mark. Feeling really good about that, but I’ve got to ask if others are starting to feel tired at odd times of the day. I’m starting to sleep through the night on a much more normal basis, but even after a solid 8, I feel like a nap the following day. Maybe its my brain healing? Needing rest to continue sorting everything out?

All in all I’m really good. But the sleepiness thing is a bit weird. Also, it seems on days that I’m sleepy, I’m also a bit foggy.

Stay strong everyone.
Old 08-27-2019, 01:42 PM
  # 340 (permalink)  

Hi Ohbrowat - that’s definitely me. I’m just in the middle of week 10 and I’d say I’ve felt really tired in the daytime for the last three weeks. I don’t always get great sleep at night but even when I do, I’m still tired in the day. That has never happened to me before. I’ve never ever been one to have a daytime nap or to fall asleep on the sofa (other than when I’d had too much to drink of course!) so it’s come as a real surprise. I’m just assuming it’s all part of the recovery process.

Congratulations on 3 months. Bet that feels good.