Notices

Class of April 2018 Part 11

Old 08-25-2019, 04:10 PM
  # 261 (permalink)  

Yes Viper that's what I thought!

Sorry to hear you are feeling this way. You are a fighter though and you are facing all of this sober which is huge!! I am so proud of you..❤❤

All ok with me. Not done much today been procrastinating a bit. Seren went to her dads at 2. He came to pick her up and was really off with me. I said how about we sot down and discuss a way forward. He wasn't interested. Ok. I tried. He said he feels like he is a baby sitter for when I go on trips. I really dont know how else he wants it though? Before he was saying that he didnt want to pay any maintenance to me because we shared her 50/50. My own opinion is that he is jealous because she would rather be with me and his jealousy manifests itself into blaming me and accusing me etc. Ibsaid to him, ok tell me what it is that YOU want to happen. And he shut me down. So I will just let him get on with it and ince he snaps out of his mood maybe we can come some kind of agreement. Because to be honest, I would like her to spend some time with him when I am on my part time so I can have a little bit of a life too. Anyway it will all be ok.

Then I got my bum to a meeting this evening. It was really good, I heard so much I needed to hear. I heard what the solution was. I dont get to go to many wvening meetings because I am on my own with my daughter but I feel I really need to branch put and try different meetings to the child friendly one I always go to. I do like those still but they can get a bit repetitive. So I will be doing more meetings and different meetings and looking out for a new sponsor as I would really like to finish the steps.

I am off to Accra tomorrow. Cant believe I have to work on hottest day of the summer and its bank holiday too. But it is what it is.

Night all x
Old 08-26-2019, 02:02 AM
  # 262 (permalink)  

Good morning Apriler's and a happy Bank Holiday Monday to you all. The weather has been soooo hot, not very often we get weather like that on a holiday weekend. I've been very productive and got loads done in the garden.

Good for you Erratic in deciding to go back to the gym, I think that's an excellent decision and exercise is a great stress buster.

I'm glad all is okay with you Suze, I still think you did the right thing in parting ways with your sponsor, I just don't think she was the one for you. You can still carry on with A.A and take your time deciding on the right sponsor for you.
Tell you what, I would love to get rid of my car, I hate driving and all the costs that owning a car incurs, I just need one though for all the running about I do with the kiddo's and my mum.
Your ex sounds very immature and jealous of your daughter's relationship with you. She's his daughter too and of course he should pay his way with her, same as you do, that's his responsibility. He needs to grow up.

I'm sorry to read about the decline in your parent's mental health Viper, it's all very sad. My dad had Dementia and I wouldn't wish it on anyone. It's a difficult situation to live with.
Have a safe journey to Accra. xx

See you all later, I need to move my backside and go do a bit. xx
Old 08-26-2019, 02:20 PM
  # 263 (permalink)  

Just checking inn ! 4 months sobor and going strong love to all xxx
Old 08-26-2019, 03:29 PM
  # 264 (permalink)  

Yay Strawberry, lovely to hear from you. 4 months is huge, well done and come back soon. xxx

G'night Aprils, see you tomorrow. Sleep well. xx
Old 08-26-2019, 10:38 PM
  # 265 (permalink)  
Say cheese!

morn x

good to see u strawberry xxx well done on your 4 months x

just a quick post x went to gym again yesterday afo and this time i really enjoyed myself and felt great afterwards, will be going again on wed x

here thinking of you daisy, snitch , viper have a good day x
Old 08-27-2019, 02:59 AM
  # 266 (permalink)  

Good morning Aprils and a happy Tuesday to you all. It's another beautiful sunny day here and I'm spending it with my favourite little people.

Erratic that's great, keep it up, it'll keep you out of mischief lol. You have a good day too.

I'll check in again this evening. Love to you all. xx
Old 08-27-2019, 03:17 AM
  # 267 (permalink)  

Morning

Great to read these posts today 😀

Well dine strawberry, 4 months is amazing !!

Erratic well done for getting to the gym. It is hard to get going but I've always felt better for going. It's a bit like sobriety lol. You sound really good a d positive 👍

Have a great day Daisy with your grandkids

X x
Old 08-27-2019, 01:09 PM
  # 268 (permalink)  

Evening my lovely April's.

Just having a cuppa before flying gome from Ghana.

Last time I was here, ooh about 2 years plus, I was drinking. I got into my room and drank the wine I brought with me and in the morning I woke up and drank some wine I had left over before going to meet the crew for breakfast. The buffet breakfast were doing bucks fizz's and I wanted one so bad but couldn't because we were flying back home that evening and I couldn't let others see me drink. When I got back to my room I drank the 2 beers that were in the mini bar.

This trip couldn't have been more different. I went to vist an orphanage today. We I say orphanage it isnt really it is a volunteer run "centre" very basic, where street kids who aren't orphans but whose parents live on the streets, have somewhere to sleep and a safe place to play etc. It was boys only and there were about 15 of them there ageing from about 6 to 17. I took some huge bags of mini chocolates and sweets, the girl I went with had shoes and clothes. They were lovely, I got lots of cuddles and it was fun watching them play and dance. They have nothing but were having fun. I was chatting to this young German guy who is volunteering there and he said they always ask for shoes and food. They are the 2 things they want the most. So next time I go I am gonna try find shows and clothes for all ages and apparently they love pot noodles!

It really took me out of my self to go and do something that isnt based on me! Shopping or eating out etc. I would love to do something fixing back to the community in some way. I dont have much money I can give but I do have time.

When I got back today i just felt so happy that i am ot drinking anymore and that the thought I'd seinkinf actually made me feel sick! What a miracle that is. Life is for living and for giving. I really feel free from the chains of alcohol and so so grateful for that.

🙏❤
Old 08-27-2019, 04:46 PM
  # 269 (permalink)  

Just checking in before bed. It's been another hot day and I'm shattered. Didn't do anything too exciting with the g.kiddos, we took my mum out for lunch and then I took them to a park. Cheap and cheerful but they had fun all the same. Tomorrow we're going to the zoo with their other grandmother ( also my bestie) but this time we are going to go round the zoo on the monorail as the other g.mother has bad legs and is struggling to walk. It will be different, but good.

Aww Suze, that's really lovely of you to go to that children's centre and take them some goodies, I would love to do that. We are so lucky aren't we? Oh and giving someone some of your time is something precious that all the money in the world can't buy.

I'm off to bed now and hopefully will be here first thing in the morning before I go off on my travels.

Love to you all. xxxx
Old 08-27-2019, 07:31 PM
  # 270 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi everyone - great to hear form you Strawberry

D
Old 08-28-2019, 12:24 PM
  # 271 (permalink)  

All I want to do is go volunteer at a children’s center in Africa and never come back. That’s pretty much been the plan for years. My health isn’t allowing it,

Went to the Orthopedic Clinic for my thumb and the guy there is upping the care level because he doesn’t like what he sees. Next I’m going to the surgeon and getting an MRI to make sure there is nothing else going on.

Im pretty much ready to jump on a plane to California to that Clinic, and now this thumb thing is screwing that up. I can’t make a reservation without knowing what is going on. I’m so sickly and exhausted.

I think it’s a precaution to have the MRI. At least I’ll know exactly what’s up. It could be I crushed the cartilage or any kind of soft tissue dame that just needs time to heal.

Car in for mechanical on Monday for who knows how long. Then body work.

Life is one big pain in the ass.

Getting by. 14 months is very close.

V🐍

Old 08-28-2019, 04:40 PM
  # 272 (permalink)  

Checking in before bed and I hope you're all okay. I had a great day at the zoo with the g.kiddo's, even though it rained for most of it, but I'm exhausted now and ready for my bed.

I like your poster Dee, thank you.

I'm sorry about your health issues Viper and I hope you get some resolution very soon. Get your MRI done and take if from there. xx

Goodnight all, sleep well. xx
Old 08-28-2019, 06:18 PM
  # 273 (permalink)  
Administrator

Thanks DaisyBelle

D
Old 08-29-2019, 07:52 AM
  # 274 (permalink)  

Hi all, I hope you're having a good Thursday. All good here, I'm just at home today with the live in g.son and he's playing outside at the moment with his friends.

I'll check in again later.

Love to all. xx
Old 08-29-2019, 02:53 PM
  # 275 (permalink)  

Hey everyone..

Omg we had really bad turbulence on the way home from Accra. I was actually really scared and was praying to God! We flew into a storm that wasn't forecast and were being shaken around like a rattle. It's the first time I have ever questioned doing my job due to fear. Anyway it was all fine obviously The poor passengers were screaming, praying and they clapped when we landed 😀😀😀

Seren came home today and we went out with friends to the park and we went to the pub for early dinner. It was the pub I drank in alot with my friends and kids. No one had alcohol and it was definitely easier for me to go in and order a diet coke without flinching but it still felt a bit weird and I was looking around to see what people were drinking. We sat in the garden and had a bit of food and the kids played and it was actually really nice but not sure I would like to make a habit of it.

Seren's dad called me about 3 times this morning. I didnt answer cos I was having a lie in but when we did eventually speak he had obviously gotten over his mood from the other day cos he was in chatty mode. I can really see what I couldn't see before when I was drinking....its like my eyes are open now. He gets all moody and is snappy with me and practically dismisses me but when he is ok he wants to be all chatty and buddy buddy. Well I just listened to him today with a few umms and ahhhh. I really cannot be bothered to really engage with him anymore. I have to work on saturday again and he asked if my mum and dad would have seren so he can work on saturday. I am suspicious, I reckon he wants to go out but I checked with my mum and dad and we decided that both me and seren will go there tomorrow and I can go from theirs on Saturday to work and she can stay till Monday and I will come back to theirs on monday from work and my dad will take us home on the Tuesday. When I told him that he didnt seem that happy but he clearly wants to do whatever it is he is doing on saturday as he didnt argue. So it's actually worked out quite well so we will be doing over to my parents early afternoon tomorrow and then I go to New York for the night on Saturday. Phew!

I blew my sugar free diet yestersay. I used the turbulence as an excuse and bought 3 chocolate bars and then later ate some more. I woke up today with a chocolate hangover. Yuck. So back on tbe wagon today!

It's been a week now since I have seen my ex sponsor. I do feel free which is great but part of me is upset and part of me is angry. I know I am not her responsibilty but it just makes me laugh that a person whose "primary purpose is to stay sober and help others to recover from alcoholism" can just drop your like a hot potato. There are things I love about AA but there are things I cannot bear and hypocrisy is a big one and I see it alot. Everyone is meant to be there for everyone but the truth is most people are just out for themselves.

Of to sleep now. Ahhhh feel better for ranting🤣🤣🤣
Old 08-29-2019, 05:20 PM
  # 276 (permalink)  
Administrator

Snitch all I can offer is sponsors are human too and nooen becomes a saint when they stop drinking.

This one was obviously not a good fit for you but maybe the next one might be?

D
Old 08-29-2019, 07:18 PM
  # 277 (permalink)  

Hey all,

I’m getting through. I can’t wait until this rough patch is over. I think things will work out.

Im tired of all the ‘woe is me’ posts. I’ve been a little beat up lately. We’ll see how it goes.

Vipe 🐍
Old 08-29-2019, 07:31 PM
  # 278 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
Snitch all I can offer is sponsors are human too and nooen becomes a saint when they stop drinking.

This one was obviously not a good fit for you but maybe the next one might be?

D
Yes, you are right. Thanks, I needed to hear this 😊
Old 08-29-2019, 07:34 PM
  # 279 (permalink)  

I meant my ‘woe is me’ posts in case it wasn’t obvious

🐍
Old 08-29-2019, 07:36 PM
  # 280 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Viperidae View Post
Hey all,

I’m getting through. I can’t wait until this rough patch is over. I think things will work out.

Im tired of all the ‘woe is me’ posts. I’ve been a little beat up lately. We’ll see how it goes.

Vipe 🐍
It's horrible when you are going through a rough patch and can't see any light at the end of the tunnel but it WILL pass VIoer and I know you have some plans to make some changes. Never forget how far you have come and how strong you are to face all of this sober. I really do believe that one day all your efforts to get well will reach fruition and you will be living a life you will love and deserve.

❤❤