Notices

Class of July 2019 Part 1

Old 07-01-2019, 07:07 PM
  # 41 (permalink)  

Day 2 for me. So happy to wake up fresh and ready. Looking forward to another sober day.
Old 07-01-2019, 07:57 PM
  # 42 (permalink)  

It was my Day 2 today as well. To fill up my evening, I wove a bracelet and Netflixed. I had a lucky night where the kids were home to eat dinner. It felt great to sit down with them and not feel crummy and tired from drinking the night before.

On to day 3!
Old 07-01-2019, 08:05 PM
  # 43 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Midton View Post
Recently I don’t workout on a Wednesday so I’ve been drinking a bottle of wine on Tuesday night. This gives me the taste and then I drink each night and including my big session on Saturday. Before my normal Sunday and Monday drink free days.

Today I won’t drink.
It's amazing how we plan ahead to overdo it! I'm always telling myself that I don't want to drink, I want to cut down, I'll do better starting today, etc. But at the same time, I plan to drink when don't have to be at work until later, or I don't have to get up early on Sunday morning. My addiction is sneaky!
Old 07-01-2019, 08:20 PM
  # 44 (permalink)  
JJ9

Hi I would like to join too please! I will admit that I’ve joined a couple of classes in the past and the accountability really helped, but I always fell back into my old rut. The longest I made it was 21 days.

Looking forward to being part of the group!
Old 07-01-2019, 08:57 PM
  # 45 (permalink)  
Administrator

welcome JJ9

D
Old 07-01-2019, 10:02 PM
  # 46 (permalink)  

I’m in a massive funk. Normally when I stop drinking I feel great, all positive and fluffy. The last two days I’ve felt like I’m about to burst into tears. My brain is spinning faster and faster and is full of negative thoughts.

I feel I need to pause my life and get off the carousel for about 6 months. Something which simply can’t happen.

I’m burned out, jaded and stressed with my life. I’m sure I’ll snap out of this but I have no idea where this mood has came from. I guess it’s just an accumulation of years of low level stress.
Old 07-01-2019, 11:13 PM
  # 47 (permalink)  
Say cheese!

on day 2 and i have my liver scan today so will see how that goes.

good to see so many here, hope your day goes well x
Old 07-01-2019, 11:19 PM
  # 48 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hope all goes well Erattic

Midton, I've said it to a few people this week - I think the more years we drink, the more withdrawal affects our mental health, as well as our physical.

The good news is it won't last forever. Hope you feel better soon

D
Old 07-01-2019, 11:26 PM
  # 49 (permalink)  

Morning all

Day 15 - hot sweats again last night, but seemed to sleep OK otherwise.

Really getting back into work and starting to feel productive again.

Good luck everyone for another sober day.

Andy.
Old 07-02-2019, 02:53 AM
  # 50 (permalink)  

Day 3. Erratic sleep. Decent appetite. This is one of my easier detoxes. I may be able to leave the house today. My hands were shaking so bad on day 1, I couldn't unlock my door to go out. A sign I should stay in a while
Old 07-02-2019, 03:56 AM
  # 51 (permalink)  

Hi all! Waking up to Day 3. Slept well last night and finally starting to feel human again. I'm starting to plan for the 4th of July holiday Thursday and my nieces wedding Saturday. I know its ODAAT but I want to have a plan and a backup plan because I know my cravings will hit hard starting tomorrow. Today will be fine. Starting tomorrow and all through the rest of the week will be hard.

My first step is to commit to all of you that I will not drink. Not today, or the rest of the week. I will play it through to not being able to stop, to the horrible sleep, to the hangover where anxiety and depression paralyze my ability to function. Bleh. Hangovers are the worst.

When cravings hit I will commit to coming here and posting about them. I also plan to buy some chocolate today. That will help ease the cravings. Cravings do pass. A good reminder for all.of us!

Take care all
Old 07-02-2019, 03:59 AM
  # 52 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
Hope all goes well Erattic

Midton, I've said it to a few people this week - I think the more years we drink, the more withdrawal affects our mental health, as well as our physical.

The good news is it won't last forever. Hope you feel better soon

D
Thanks Dee. I've noticing this so much this time. I think its why I am having such a hard time stopping. Thanks for the reminder that I will feel better soon

Originally Posted by Erratic View Post
on day 2 and i have my liver scan today so will see how that goes.

good to see so many here, hope your day goes well x
Hope everything goes well Erratic.
Old 07-02-2019, 04:48 AM
  # 53 (permalink)  

Home after work. Day done and good riddance to it.

I almost drank. During my last hour at work I convinced myself to go and buy a bottle of wine. Mentally it was a done deal. However when I got home, I live literally a three second walk from my business, I realized I had to cook (strangely I eat healthily) and by the time I made my food the craving was manageable.

Now I’m off to bed happy no to have drank but with the terrible realization of how bad I am and how far into the pit I’ve sank. When I first joined here my first attempt at sobriety was over 100 days. The next few times after that were of similar length. It was almost easy once my mindset was right. Gradually though I am now at the stage where even a week is so, so , so hard.

What lessons did I learn today? I’m going to need them for tomorrow I presume.
Old 07-02-2019, 04:53 AM
  # 54 (permalink)  
Administrator

My experience proved to me alcoholism is progressive.

The good news is we get better when when stop drinking alcohol.
Total remission

D
Old 07-02-2019, 05:19 AM
  # 55 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Midton View Post
Home after work. Day done and good riddance to it.

I almost drank. During my last hour at work I convinced myself to go and buy a bottle of wine. Mentally it was a done deal. However when I got home, I live literally a three second walk from my business, I realized I had to cook (strangely I eat healthily) and by the time I made my food the craving was manageable.

Now I’m off to bed happy no to have drank but with the terrible realization of how bad I am and how far into the pit I’ve sank. When I first joined here my first attempt at sobriety was over 100 days. The next few times after that were of similar length. It was almost easy once my mindset was right. Gradually though I am now at the stage where even a week is so, so , so hard.

What lessons did I learn today? I’m going to need them for tomorrow I presume.
Yeah, I remember about 9 years ago I just quit for a month like it was nothing. No weird feelings, no pressure, no anxiety but this time I feel like a douchebag. I think this has to do with something that I did at work. I can't change the past but I can fix the future.
Old 07-02-2019, 05:56 AM
  # 56 (permalink)  

Good morning class. 😊
Old 07-02-2019, 06:50 AM
  # 57 (permalink)  

Day two, now that I’ve made my decision the shame of my past is difficult to deal with.
Old 07-02-2019, 08:23 AM
  # 58 (permalink)  
Say cheese!

had my scan and the lady who scanned me actually said all she could see was mild to moderate fatty liver, which hmm hasnt changed that much since 9yrs, she did take some pics and will prob get more info from gp when i see her soon. so guess thats a positive x

hope your wedding goes well kgirl and 4th july, keep at it x
Old 07-02-2019, 09:08 AM
  # 59 (permalink)  

Hi everyone, I’m in! Day 2 for me.
Old 07-02-2019, 09:19 AM
  # 60 (permalink)  

I’m in.

Again. I can’t seem to make it past 2 weeks. Currently working on day 4, and just trying to keep busy physically and mentally. Good luck to all, and thanks for reading.