Notices

Class of July 2019 Part 1

Old 06-30-2019, 05:28 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Welcome to everyone joining or coming back in July! There is so much support on this site. It is how I got sober, and I continue to check in daily to support others, and also to remain active in my recovery.

Glad you’re here!
Old 06-30-2019, 05:30 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Canuck76 View Post
I can certainly relate Midton. I am coming to the point where serious health effects may appear. Been an alcoholic for about 15 years. I am 42 and have lost everything. I would be homeless if not for financial support from my family. I have suicidal ideations everyday and just feel so hopeless.
I’m glad you’re back Canuck!
Old 06-30-2019, 11:18 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Hi all

Day 14 - I'm from the June class, OK if I tag along in this one?

Went out for a meal last night and didn't miss not having a drink.

Good luck everyone for another sober day.

Andy.
Old 06-30-2019, 11:20 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Morning all!
start of my day 21! Past few days have been a bit more difficult but SR has been so supportive. Even just reading through different threads has helped. Thanks everyone!
Woke up early, got the dog out and got breakfast and some coffee, just getting stuff ready then heading into work. Feeling really good!:-)
Old 07-01-2019, 12:19 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Hello. I would like to join this class. Very hot here, feel a bit jumpy but that could be the heat, need to drink more water/fruit tea etc...

Have a good day everyone!

I'd just like to add, I love the way everyone here is so supportive! People join a class feeling that they have let themselves and others down (again!) and you lovely people just say "Welcome back!! Nice to see you here again!"

Thank you very much!!
Old 07-01-2019, 12:27 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  
Say cheese!

im in i was in june but have had rough month so wasnt able to substain from alcohol fully, so even though i have had sober days, i am going to make this day 1 as its start of new week and new month and trying to be positive.

have good day all will check in later.
Old 07-01-2019, 12:30 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  
Say cheese!

good to see u kgirl x
Old 07-01-2019, 01:11 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  
Administrator

welcome NewDayNewMe NorthernLass & Erratic

D
Old 07-01-2019, 02:41 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  

Start of Day 2. Insomnia going strong. Not only because I am detoxing but I am experiencing a break out of eczema for the first time. Very itchy rashes that bleed if you scratch them. 5 months I have been suffering from it now. All the drinking has compromised my immune system I think as they are caused by a bacterial infection getting through the skin.
Old 07-01-2019, 04:17 AM
  # 30 (permalink)  

Thanks Erratic, good to see you, too.

Day 2 here for me. Was hoping for a good nights sleep but was tossing and turning. Still feeling a little out of it and tired but still so grateful to not be hungover. Why do we continue to viscous cycle when we always end up right here in this very spot? It's maddening. I've put so much work into being sober only to let a relapse send me spiraling down and now I have no other choice but to start over again. I'm just baffled and yet I'm not....because I already know I cannot drink.

Let's figure this out together July friends. We will need eachother....recovery works so much better with a suppprtive group of people all aiming for the same thing. I'm here for all of you to listen and support you
Old 07-01-2019, 04:34 AM
  # 31 (permalink)  

Feeling jumpy and strangely depressed.

I never drink on Mondays or Tuesdays and I’ve no desire to. But cause of this I don’t really feel like I’ve started. I’m inpatient to get to the “proof in the pudding “ days of Friday and Saturday.

I want to have at least a weekend under my belt so that I can feel that I’ve sacrificed a little and have some period of sobriety to protect.

Im normally a good sleeper, at least a good getter-to-sleep, but I’m writing this from my bed as I’m struggling tonight. Man, do I hate early sobriety.

Have a good one everyone and hopefully I’ll be more positive and chirpy tomorrow.
Old 07-01-2019, 05:06 AM
  # 32 (permalink)  

I'm in with everyone too. I'm 40 and my health, life, and work have been starting to suffer.
Old 07-01-2019, 05:25 AM
  # 33 (permalink)  

I'm in! Be back after work to check in
Old 07-01-2019, 06:34 AM
  # 34 (permalink)  

kgirl, I remember you from June class? Glad to see you here!

Almost 48 hours for me. I have a bit of cravings but not going to give in. I am really tired! Slept very well last night but this afternoon had a nap. I think I am recovering from all the previous boozy nights where I didn't sleep well.... The good news is, I WILL wake up sober tomorrow!

edit: Please could someone explain what a SR friend is? I have received a couple of friend requests but I don't know what information they receive. I don't think they receive my email address.... But because I don't know I haven't added them. Thanks!
Old 07-01-2019, 07:38 AM
  # 35 (permalink)  

Yay July 1!

present! 🤚🏻
Old 07-01-2019, 11:22 AM
  # 36 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Abraham View Post
Zombie, I thought you were doing good? Now your back in the July class? You can quit today and still stay in the June class with all your old classmates.
Oh right, I thought the June class just went into July? Oops sorry! Still doing good tho!
Old 07-01-2019, 01:11 PM
  # 37 (permalink)  

Hi all, checking in during my tougher hours. There is beer in the house, but I think I am just going to have to make peace with it being there. And get into the mindset that it isn't my beer, so I will not drink it.
Old 07-01-2019, 01:13 PM
  # 38 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by NorthernLass View Post
edit: Please could someone explain what a SR friend is? I have received a couple of friend requests but I don't know what information they receive. I don't think they receive my email address.... But because I don't know I haven't added them. Thanks!
Hi NoethernLass, you can approve them and they will go on to your friend list on your personal SR page. But they do not receive your email. -hope that helps!
Old 07-01-2019, 01:55 PM
  # 39 (permalink)  

Good morning,

Enjoying a coffee at 5:30 before my long day ahead. Taxiing kids to the station , then gym, then work for me today. Recently I don’t workout on a Wednesday so I’ve been drinking a bottle of wine on Tuesday night. This gives me the taste and then I drink each night and including my big session on Saturday. Before my normal Sunday and Monday drink free days.

Today I won’t drink.
Old 07-01-2019, 03:19 PM
  # 40 (permalink)  
Administrator

Originally Posted by Zombie79 View Post
Oh right, I thought the June class just went into July? Oops sorry! Still doing good tho!
The original idea for 'classes' was that every month would have it's class depending on the month you quit. It was a way to find support from people at a similar point to you in their recovery. Over the years tho people have joined several classes and that seems to work to, so you can post in as many or as few as you like Zombie

Originally Posted by NorthernLass View Post
Hi NL

If you make someone your 'friend' they won't receive any extra information about you at all

It's just a nice camaraderie building thing...

The only tangible thing I can think of is you used to be able to set your profile to be 'only visible to friends', if you liked.

Not sure you can do that nowadays tho.

Welcome Kinsey G00seM00se and needshelp

D