Notices

Class of March 2013 Part 56

Old 02-18-2019, 02:49 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Administrator

Class of March 2013 Part 56

last part here

https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums...t-55-a-20.html (Class of March 2013 Part 55)

D
Old 02-18-2019, 02:53 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Thanks, Dee!
Old 02-18-2019, 03:47 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Marchia in Aeternum

[QUOTE]
I will keep my crap to newcomer threads and spare you all the details but I just can't join a new group. I just can't. Your my peeps. I have thought about you all every day.[qUOTE]

welcome back,shoes!

If you haven't caught up yet, I'm in a residential rehab... almost 6 months into a year long stay.

Had you attempted to join a new class we would have found you and dragged you home.😁
​​​​
Old 02-18-2019, 03:56 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Thanks Dee!

Shoes, so happy to see you!!!! Congrats on day 4! Trachy's right, we'd come and get you because you belong here.

Trach, it's nice to see you posting again. You're doing amazing!!
Old 02-18-2019, 06:27 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by 360shoes View Post
Broken hearted about Gilmer. I spend yesterday talking to her and Lifetplant.

Trying to catch up on my reading on your lives. So far it looks like I may have about 38 threads to get through. You all just trumped me watching all 7 seasons of Game of Thrones for the 3rd time,

I will keep my crap to newcomer threads and spare you all the details but I just can't join a new group. I just can't. Your my peeps. I have thought about you all every day.

I also don't have 15 page novel type posts in me anymore. You can thank me later. I'll save those for another thread. Suffice it to say the last few years have not been pretty. But....day 3.

xoxo
shoes
Love.....so wonderful to see you.
Day 3 is great.....onward honey.

And no need to keep yourself to Newcomers.....post as much as you want.....we care.....gosh it is just so good to see you. I am really happy now....

Yes....Kathy/Gilmer and Josie. God bless them both for ever and ever.

Amen. ♥♥
Old 02-18-2019, 06:47 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Hi Duff honey.... xxxx
Old 02-18-2019, 09:51 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Hi Suze
Old 02-18-2019, 03:25 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Hi Shoes😁 I'm still here too.,.struggled and this group here kept me in line....lovin life.
Babs.
Old 02-18-2019, 08:02 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

I never was fast enough for shot gun.

After deep contemplation today, I did decide I should join the Feb 2019 class so I can sweat, have insomnia, and complain about my sugar intake with people like me. I will come over here too so you can all remind me it will pass and keep me honest. Remind me how the cravings won't kill me but the alcohol sure will.

I will save the crap for Feb. But I do have a few good things to report. Papa Shoes is still alive and kicking. He's actually healthier than me. My 2 rotten chihuahuas don't have any teeth anymore but that doesn't stop them from begging food off me. I retired the stilettos. My right foot bunion insisted on it.

Trachy! You are my hero!
You all are.
Old 02-19-2019, 06:40 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Retired the stilettos? No.....
Really glad your dad is well.

Love to all....so glad I came back to this thread.
Old 02-19-2019, 08:54 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

I'm glad you are back too Venus!

Sorry. I just can't be too far from you all. Just think of me as a scary reminder of what can happen.

I turned into a pretty rotten person. So so selfish. It's going to take me months to repair some of the relationships and put my life back together. I lost all my drinking friends but I still had a few normal ones left who knew me for 30 years that stuck by me and helped me not be homeless. So I am down to 3 good ones. Not counting all you good people. Slipped into a serious depression that put me in the hospital after I checked myself in a hotel that had a really good shower. I brought my favorite belt with me. That's all you need to know about that but one of my last friends knew something was up and came over and interrupted said plans...and drove me to the ER. And I've been battling depression ever since but it's getting better. You would think that stopping drinking would be a good idea but I just lied and hid it from everyone. What do you think the odds are that my depression improves now that I got honest about my drinking and I am getting help with that???

I picked up where I left off but it sure spiraled quickly out of control and far far worse than it ever was.

Whew. That's off my chest now. I just need to keep close to people who can remind me that life will be better. I hate to say this but I don't really feel a big need to complain about life stuff. It actually doesn't seem too important right now. Right now I just need to be grateful and focus on not drinking and let the rest fall where it does. Living in poverty actually had some good lessons on how I really don't need much. Self respect and sanity sounds good to me.

On to day 5!
xoxo
Old 02-19-2019, 09:36 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Far out baby.....we are not losing any more Marchers. No way.
Glad your friend is awesome and cared enough to save you: friends like that are gold.

I imagine trach will agree with this....we get older and see the truth of the progression of this disease. Picking up again gets worse and worse, and then you have someone who has all of the tools....who had them....and is just no longer able to stop. Lots of someones.

Glad you stopped dear shoes.

And hello lovely turtle.
Old 02-19-2019, 11:09 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Marchia in Aeternum

Yep, I agree. You hit a point of no return and just can't stop anymore. It's terrifying 😱 . I was on the road to drinking myself to death.

But, we can stop. I'm glad you did, shoes . I'm glad you are back .

Hi,Venus!
Old 02-19-2019, 11:24 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Just seeing our beloved turtle again is so so good.
I am sorry I didn't write love....I have been somewhat hopeless in the past year....overwhelmed....a big new life with a lot of change. xx

Um...wehav is here....now I am really going to cry. This is good. I love you guys.
Old 02-19-2019, 11:37 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  
Marchia in Aeternum

https://youtu.be/24hB9Phwnnw
Old 02-19-2019, 11:46 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Oh yeah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I need more now.....

Old 02-19-2019, 06:32 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Location: Probably my living room. Maybe my bedroom if I'm feeling lazy
Shoes - it's good to see you again. Please post whatever you need to here as well. As someone who bottomed out pretty low (coma, life-support, etc.), I get it. But I also know that if I can turn it around, you can too. I hope you're getting the face-to-face support you need. For me, I needed rehab, IOP, AA and therapy. But the hard work paid off and is still paying off.

Quick update on me - baby is coming next week! (or sooner). Just trying to tie up some last loose ends for work and getting the apartment ready for our new arrival. I've been having some anxiety attack breakthroughs (probably due in part to lack of sleep) so my doc just adjusted my meds. I need to be at my best for my son and wife.
Old 02-19-2019, 06:33 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  

360- depression sucks. Like a spiritual and emotional migraine that does not go away.
A general anaesthetic for hand surgery (I had multiple GA's 3y back over a period of days) and my GP stopped the anti-d I was on, and the new one just did not work.

I am glad you are still here. It takes daily support and a lot of mindfulness to remind myself that self care- for the HALTS stuff, to not isolating (a biggie for me)is so very important.

My prayers and support sent across the waves.
Old 02-19-2019, 06:42 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  

DIGDUG!!!!! I'm so happy for you!!!!!! Wife and Baby Boy!!!! Awhhhhhhh. Congratulations!

Getting all of the above. Thank you
Old 02-19-2019, 06:44 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by PhoenixJ View Post
360- depression sucks. Like a spiritual and emotional migraine that does not go away.
A general anaesthetic for hand surgery (I had multiple GA's 3y back over a period of days) and my GP stopped the anti-d I was on, and the new one just did not work.

I am glad you are still here. It takes daily support and a lot of mindfulness to remind myself that self care- for the HALTS stuff, to not isolating (a biggie for me)is so very important.

My prayers and support sent across the waves.
Thank you Phoenix!!! That means a lot to me. I like your name..Phoenix...flying out of the ashes
xoxo