Notices

Class of April 2018 Part 10

Old 03-23-2019, 03:00 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Administrator

Class of April 2018 Part 10

last part here

https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums...rt-9-a-20.html (Class of April 2018 Part 9)

D
Old 03-23-2019, 03:01 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Ciongrats on 11 months snotch
thanks for the kind words Daisy

I'm glad you'e back posting erratic. I hope your doctor can help - something has to change in all of this, right?

D
Old 03-23-2019, 07:31 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Hi Aprils, hope you're all okay, it's 2.20 a.m and I just can't get to sleep tonight, I went to bed before midnight and was struggling to keep my eyes open but I had a bit of tummy ache earlier and I just sort of can't settle, I feel all restless for some reason. I'm sure it will pass.
We went to a psychic night at the Spiritualist church in town tonight, it was okay and quite entertaining in parts but nothing special, so I can't blame that for my restlessness. It was a night out anyway and I don't have many of them.

Thanks for the new thread Dee. How's your back today?

Well, as its so quiet on this thread I'll go and have peruse on what's new. I hope I see more of you tomorrow. xxxx
Old 03-23-2019, 07:32 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

still a few twinges Daisy but holding up ok

D
Old 03-24-2019, 03:34 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Glad to hear it Dee, don't do too much, look after it, back pain is no joke.

Morning Aprils
I'm wishing you all a good Sunday. All quiet here, I haven't done much yet today and I've not really got any plans so I'll just take whatever the day brings.
I'll check in again later.
Lots of love to you all. xxx

"Today I will not stress over things I can’t control."
Old 03-24-2019, 02:45 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Hi !

Thanks for the new thread Dee and for the congrats 😊 sorry to hear your back has been playing you up but glad it seems better now and that you are back!

Hi Erratic Thank you too. How are you doing today?

Hey Daisy!

I am feeling pretty good at the moment. Enjoying my recovery and healing, eating better and feeling the benefits. I did a workout today and it seemed easier!! I am in Boston and it was a lovely day. I was walking round the busy streets, there were lots of cool shops and places to eat, the sun was out and I just felt happy! I did have a moment when I walked past an eating place and it was packed outside and people were drinking wine. I'm not sure what I felt to be honest, if anything it evoked some memories of me drinking years ago with friends outside and a bit of self pity that I can't do that anymore but it passed quickly and I thought it's ok. It's ok to give up one thing to have everything!! I am an alcoholic and I do have acceptance around that today.

I am also a shopaholic and I ended up buying 2 pairs of shoes, a bag and 3 tops hahaha! One addiction at a time right?! We are going out Sunday for Mothers Day so am going to wear my shoes and top. I haven't dressed up In a long time!! I am really looking forward to it. I am back in bed now. You'll never guess what?? Me and Vipe were trying to arrange a meet up here. !!!! I wanted to surprise you all with a photo but unfortunately he wasn't feeling his best today. So I completely blame him for my shopping spree 🤣🤣🤣 just kidding Vipe! Hopefully we will make it happen one day.

Some other good and bad news. The bad news is my brother's cocaine addiction is spiralling but the good new is he went to his first CA (cocaine anonymous) meeting today. It is the same one I have been to before ....although I am not addicted to cocaine they welcome anyone with any type of mind altering substance addictions. It's a lovely meeting and I really wanted my brother to go beofre with me but as we all know it's only when we are ready ourselves hey?! But he did go today and he said he got 3 numbers and everyone was really welcoming and he got hugs and support and the Big Book. I am so pleased but my brother has 3 substance addictions so it's going to be a rocky road for him and that's if he even goes back.! I will support him 100% but his journey is his journey and I need to keep my expectations in check. Not everyone stops from their first meeting unfortunately. But willingness is key and I will just continue to keep praying for him.

Am gonna try and get some sleep now before my call. London tomorrow then New York bound! I will have to hide the credit card 😬😬

Have a nice evening everyone. Catch up more tomorrow x x
Old 03-24-2019, 03:12 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Had a lousy day. I was sick all night and today. I ate way too much chili and it’s been horrible. Hopefully be better soon. Better than too much wine tho!!

Alrighty, luv you guys. Talk soon.

Viper
Old 03-24-2019, 04:54 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hope the day was good Daisy.

Prayers and best wishes for your bro snitch.

hope you feel better tomorrow Vipe,

D
Old 03-25-2019, 04:26 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Good morning Aprils, hope you're all well, happy & sober. I was far too tired to post last night, I did make a start but gave it up as a bad job. It's a dry, sunny morning out there, but it feels cold, I have to go out very shortly to do the school run, so I'll check it out then.

Boston sounds lovely Suze and you are sounding great. What a shame you and Vipe didn't get to meet up, maybe next time.
I'm really sorry to read about your brother's cocaine addiction but him going to CA is a step in the right direction. I truly hope he does go back. Cocaine is a particularly bad addiction and is so very expensive. Long standing cocaine and amphetamine addiction has played a massive part in my son's personality disorder and I would thank God on bended knees if he ever admitted he has a problem and went to CA or similar. Prayers all round.

I hope you're feeling better today Viper, I absolutely love chilli, it's my favourite, but sadly it doesn't love me, it plays havoc with my insides so I feel your pain. Love right back at ya. x

Thanks Dee, my day was good, peaceful, hassle free, no drama, just the way I like it.

The suns come out now and it looks gorgeous out there, I love doing the school run when it's like this. My 3 g.children go to school in a very rural area on the other side of town, I drive through a lot of countryside and it's wonderful to see all the greens and yellows sprouting out from the brown tree trunks that looked like dead wood just a few weeks back. The cherry trees and magnolia trees are all in full bloom and it's all just stunning. I am so grateful to be sober and to be able to take in the beauty that's all round me.

Catch up again later. Love to you all. xx

"Peace is accepting today, releasing yesterday, and giving up the need to control tomorrow."
Old 03-25-2019, 07:11 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Say cheese!

afternoon all x

saw doc and she is getting an emergency appointment for a pdoc which i said i will go and she told me that they don't know who will be taking my old pdocs place either. she wants to see me again in 2 weeks to make sure i have been seen and sort out my head before i get a date for surgery. so until then i will just get my head in a better gear to meet a pdoc i don't know.

hope all is well with u all x
Old 03-25-2019, 10:31 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Happy Monday Aprils!

Daisy, my eyes are much better, thank you! I'm using screen glasses now and it seems to really help! Hope you had a lovely weekend and were able to get back to sleep the other night! xo

Suze, congratulations on 11 months - whooohooo!! Also, next time you're coming to SF, let me know and maybe we can arrange to meet up!?

Dee, sorry to hear you were out of commission with your back but happy to hear you're feeling better

Hi Vipe, Nichole & Erratic (never quit trying to quit!)

I'm off to work - will check in again very soon!

Hope everyone has a wonderful Monday!

xo
Old 03-25-2019, 04:06 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Hi all, checking in before I go to bed, hope you're all okay.

Erratic, it's good that your doctor is getting you an emergency appt to see a pdoc, the sooner you get sorted the better, she seems to be genuinely concerned about you. Look after yourself and take each day as it comes. How's work treating you these days, you've not mentioned it much lately.

I'm glad your eyes are much better Bluesey, eyesight is so precious. I did get back to sleep eventually the other night, thanks.
I hope work is being kind to you and I hope you aren't burning yourself out, I know how busy you always are.

I'm off to bed now, so goodnight all and sleep well. xxxx
Old 03-25-2019, 04:47 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi erratic - I'm glad you saw the doc and they gave you an emergency referral = and try to not worry too much - they'll help you 'get your head together'...their job is to help you

hi everyone - thanks for the well wishes!

D
Old 03-26-2019, 02:32 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Morning all

The sun is out! Yey! But I will be stuck in a metal tube all day...boo!

Daisy, yes I agree cocaine is an horrendous drug. I have used cocaine but I was never addicted thank God however I could see how easily I could have been. The come downs after were just so so awful. Apparently my brother has racked up lots of debt due to his cocaine use 😔 I don't know how much but it is so awful as he has 2 little kiddies. All you can do is pray for your son. Pray that someday he will come out of the denial and seek help. I pray for my brother. We really are the lucky ones aren't we?

Hi Erratic.... wow your doctor sounds like a good one! I hope it all gets sorted for you! Keep sharing here. It helps to get it all out , good and bad.!

Blusey I would love to meet up with you! Will let you know next time for sure!

I am good. I had a bit of a horrible restless sleep yesterday during the day and weird dreams last night but as always, feel so grateful to be sober! I l have ran out of my anti depressants. Today is day 5 without them. I put a repeat prescription in last thurs and usually they come back with 24 hours but they didn't and I still hadnt heard anything today so I called the pharmacy and they have them I just didn't get the text for some reason. So I need to be really vigilant. I also need to manage putting my prescriptions in earlier to avoid this happening again. I have a calendar in my kitchen... I need to use it more! Less talk more action lol.

Have a great day everyone. I will check in later.
Old 03-26-2019, 04:15 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Morning all and I hope you're well. It's another lovely spring day and all is good.

Suze, my son is in a horrific amount of debt thanks to cocaine, I dread to think how much. I think that part of his resentment towards me is because I won't pay his bills or give him money, I've done all that in the past, he's had hundreds off me and I know without a shadow of a doubt that he would take my last penny and still come back for more. About 6 years ago I put some money on his electricity card for him because he was sat in the dark and I told him then that it would be the very last time and I've stuck to my guns. It's harder than you can imagine to do that, but I had to realise that I was enabling him and nothing was going to change. Nothing has changed with him, he has a pattern, he makes the same bad choices over and over and until he himself sees this and realises that only he can turn his life round, there's nothing more I can do. He's in total denial, the help is all there waiting for him, but he has to reach out for it.
I'm sorry you're having such disturbed sleep and I wonder if that is due to you not having your anti depressants. Definitely get your calendar sorted, that sounds like a good plan. I hope you have an amazing day today. xx

Back later, I may go and do a bit of work in the garden and make the most of the good weather. Love to all of you. xxx

" Five things you can’t control: What other people think of you. What other people do. What happens around you. The outcome of your efforts. The passage of time. So let go and focus on what you can control—what you do today."
Old 03-26-2019, 03:37 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  
Say cheese!

thanks dee x

not sure if same as uk and other countries, looks like in scotland is mental health is going down. last i knew we was that borderline or other personality disorders is they are treated. i have been here for since i was 20 and was sectioned and after left. so hear u daisy about ur son. Had a conversation with my husband as we have been invited to one of my nephews weddings. last one i was told by sister was not to go after week before i taken over dose. she hasnt spoken to me since. this is her second older son, and only found out that my sister didnt want me at my fist nephew wedding. so only found out that it wasnt to do with nephew but my sister. as i said was talking to my husband and he seems to remember more about my sister and yeah she is the older one. to me is she went through more than me in father way but i will be hear for her, my husband says he has seen it. sry cant go on.
Old 03-26-2019, 04:23 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  
Administrator

(((Erratic))))
Old 03-26-2019, 04:25 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  

I’m having a rough go of it.

I keep losing weight. These auto immune issues are just nasty. I’m 137 lbs now. At one point in my life I was 152 pounds of sheer muscle. The perfect size. I was 167 when I quit in July. I’m down 30 pounds in 8.5 months of sobriety. I was happy to get back into a 30 waist, but now I’m too thin. It’s obvious something is wrong.

Im pretty tired of this bleeping $—!. I’d just like to be sober and healthy. WTF! I’m hoping a new program will help. I’m not in a very optimistic mood right now.

New motorcycle and I have not picked it up. I’m too sickly. I’m starting to get terrified that this was a very costly mistake.

Maybe in a month I’ll be on the mend, but it’s only got worse since I quit booze. That must have been keeping the immune system in check. New tests show I’m way off the spectrum in my gut. Bad signs.

Its not for for lack of trying. I’ll need an entirely new diet.

Viper 🧸🐍
Old 03-26-2019, 05:36 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Hi all, just doing my usual pre bed post, hope you've all had a good day. I actually got round to doing a bit of work in the garden today. I mentioned yesterday I think about the beautiful views I see on the school run, so I've taken a couple of pics to show you what I mean.
[IMG][/IMG] [IMG][/IMG]

Erratic I'm so sorry that you are going through all that with your family, families can be hard work at times. Look after yourself, what will be, will be.

I'm sorry you're so unwell Viper, that is a really light weight for a man. I can't see how alcohol would have kept your immune system in check though, to be honest, maybe you were too drunk to notice any adverse symptoms, I don't know. Also there's a hell of a lot of calories in booze, so giving that up plus not eating any fats etc is bound to make you lose weight. Anxiety won't help either because no doubt your metabolism is working overtime.
Have you spoken to your doctor etc re your weight loss, maybe he could refer you to a dietician. I hope you feel better very soon and get to use that bike. Take care. xxx

I'm off to bed now, so goodnight and sleep well. Lots of love to you. xxxx
Old 03-26-2019, 05:40 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  
Say cheese!

sry viper i get u.

my eating disorder is saying to me, is dam ur at an ok weight and me i am a fat ***. i suffer from auto immune disorder of thyroid and yeah looks like i get sensitive when peeps speak about there weight. x sry viper its my problem x

on my work very worried. last job it folded and getting some feelings
sry for my **** check in later x