Notices

Class of June 2019 part 2

Old 06-19-2019, 09:32 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Administrator

Class of June 2019 part 2

last part here:

https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums...2019-a-20.html (Class of June Part 1 2019)

D
Old 06-19-2019, 09:37 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Thanks Dee,
Morning everyone. Can't sleep so got up at 5 and will go into work early.

Day 5. Got through the worst. Need to focus on STAYING sober now as well as incorporating exercise and healthy eating into my routine. how many times have I said this and how many times have I failed

Have a good day everyone.
Old 06-19-2019, 10:23 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Morning all. RAL you got this. Keep yourself busy. Find new hobbies to keep busy. Exercise has been my best friend the last 9 days. Up early to gym before work and sets me up nicely for the day.

Have a good day everyone
Old 06-19-2019, 11:04 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Morning everyone!
I'm beginning day 10 and feeling very positive. It's been a while since I've gone this far. I've found the walks with the dog really helpful. This morning was sunny but chilly where I am but really great to walk in. It's funny because here I am eating breakfast and channel 4 are showing old re-runs of Cheers before 7am! Strange how showing a sitcom based in a bar is somehow acceptable viewing for this time of day.
In any case, looking forward to the weekend. I have a craft workshop I'm going to on Saturday and really excited to give to it.

Have a good day everyone!
Old 06-20-2019, 03:09 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Good morning all. Day 5 here. I have been in several classes, but this one feels different. When I get up in the morning, I can't wait to read about how everyone is doing. Physically, I'm doing OK. Mentally, I'm still in a fog and will have to resist killing a couple of people at work

Hope everyone has a great day!
Old 06-20-2019, 03:39 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Morning all

Day 3 for me. Had a good day yesterday mostly, but only got a hour's sleep and very shaky today. I'm not giving in though.

Cheers,

Andy.
Old 06-20-2019, 03:41 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Good morning class. Just checking in on day 4. No real news - things still going nicely but I'm not complacent and am ready should any cravings appear. have a good day everyone.
Old 06-20-2019, 04:53 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Good morning. I'm new here. I feel I need to join this class.
​​Last night was my first night without in a while. I feel that maybe if I check in on here every morning it would help keep me focused on keeping my guard up against another relapse. Thx for listening.
Old 06-20-2019, 05:09 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Zombie79 View Post
Strange how showing a sitcom based in a bar is somehow acceptable viewing for this time of day.
Morning all. My 11th day. Hope all is well. And yea. My channel 2 news/infomercial has wine wendsday where they have some wine maker on and taste their wine at about 9 am. Yesterday they had a burbon maker on. Fifths lined up along the counter and making cocktails at 930 am.
Old 06-20-2019, 05:11 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome Praybreathe

congrats to all hitting milestones today

D
Old 06-20-2019, 05:23 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Good morning everyone. Its day 21 for me and I'm feeling decent this morning. My sleep is still pretty bad - averaging less than 6hrs/night, but other than that things are going pretty well for being at 3 weeks. I'm just going to focus on staying as calm and relaxed as I can today to avoid triggers. I hope the day goes well for all of you.
Old 06-20-2019, 05:50 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Good morning everyone. Its day 8 for me and I'm feeling pretty good. I've been getting restful sleep at night rather than pass out sleep. Also spending quality time with my wife and kids in the evenings after work. This feels so different but I'm totally digging it.
Old 06-20-2019, 06:31 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ReadyAtLast View Post
Thanks Dee,
Morning everyone. Can't sleep so got up at 5 and will go into work early.

Day 5. Got through the worst. Need to focus on STAYING sober now as well as incorporating exercise and healthy eating into my routine. how many times have I said this and how many times have I failed

Have a good day everyone.
They were practice runs love. For this time...
You are grabbing this with both hands....I see lots of happiness in your future.

And hello dear StartingOverNW.....so very happy to see you!!!

And love and good morning and welcome to all of the new people. s
Old 06-20-2019, 06:34 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Denny1974 View Post
Good morning everyone. Its day 8 for me and I'm feeling pretty good. I've been getting restful sleep at night rather than pass out sleep. Also spending quality time with my wife and kids in the evenings after work. This feels so different but I'm totally digging it.
This is how I feel every single day.

I am actually a willing participant in my own life now, doing 'normal' stuff for and with my husband....it still feels so surreal after spending so many nights alone and drunk for 20 odd years.

Bob....this is a very very special class.

Old 06-20-2019, 07:15 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by venuscat View Post
And hello dear StartingOverNW.....so very happy to see you!!!
Thanks venus - its very nice to see you too

And thanks for the welcome, Dee and others.

congrats to everyone on their milestones.
Old 06-20-2019, 07:20 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Denny1974 View Post
Same here. Feels good. I made a cup of coffee the other day and my wife says "its a whole new world" I dont usually drink coffee. Still dont but every once in a while. Drinking tea and yummy malts at night. Way more tasty than straight rum.
Old 06-20-2019, 09:48 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Thanks Venus-your kind words have lifted my spirits. I am desperate for chocolate but will not give in. My husband has gin but I will not partake.

Starting over-great to see you

First gym session tomorrow. 10,000 steps done so far today. Eating ok so far.

If I was going to drink it would be tonight as I've finished work till Monday. But I will not drink. I do not drink.
Old 06-20-2019, 09:54 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Gin terrifies me....it is linked to many blackouts. Total blackouts. And I never recovered those memories....just very lucky I never ended up in bed with a stranger, or worse.

(Just in case the gin calls you....).

So our sober weekend can start now, because I am not working outside the house at the moment. (I refuse to say I don't work, I have never worked harder actually....I learned to cook and be married and run a house and a man (), plus I have hundreds of plants). It's Friday in Aus anyway, so we will get this sober weekend underway.

Not sure if you watch Big Little LIes RAL....way more entertaining than alcohol. s
Old 06-20-2019, 10:01 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Hi

Hi everybody,

Nice to see some familiar names here from the May group and hello to everybody I don't know.

Thought I'd join the ride for the last 10 days of the month if that's ok.
Old 06-20-2019, 10:16 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Hello.

Gosh there are lots of people in this class....awesomeness. s