Notices

One Year & Over Part 69

Old 06-30-2019, 08:40 PM
  # 41 (permalink)  
Magsie

Morning Overs

Willow, Mr.M just likes chuntering, he’s happy doing it and I take it all with a pinch of salt. Though he does like our feathered friends and we’ve seen a few of the murmurations near us. Beautiful sight! We’re seeing more eagles about nowadays too. Saw one flying over Saturday it’s wing span was so big!

PJ, how fastidious using a vacuum cleaner on your lawn, I hope he doesn’t hoover up any worms there was a man up the road that used to cut his grass in front of his garden wall with scissors. I figured he’d already used the mower and was tidying it up. Crazy came into my head first, but then I thought why not? Everyone to their own. Though it’d take him a long while to cut a lawn with scissors but on the plus side, no worms would be harmed!

I’ve a man coming to buy my car today. I put an advert in the Facebook marketplace yesterday with lots of photos too. He says he’ll have it, if it’s as I advertised it! I told him it’s an honest car, well maintained and low mileage.
Another guy is waiting in the wings to come and see it if first buyer doesn’t have it.
I’m sad to lose it really, but I’m just not getting the use out of it. I tend to take the other car if I got out anywhere.

Have a good Monday my friends xx
Old 06-30-2019, 11:54 PM
  # 42 (permalink)  
Sober date 5/1/13

Good morning Overs.

Toots, how is your Mom's foot?

Have a good day everyone.
Old 07-01-2019, 12:56 AM
  # 43 (permalink)  
Living and Loving Life at Last

Andy she has the fracture clinic today and she is going to push the fact she is main career for her husband and needs to be mobile. Hopefully they will take the 'boot' off. But only if she's ready. I've told her she can hope but not to assume as I don't want her disappointed.

Peej we've a woman near us with artificial grass who hoovers it.

Mags, that is truly a manicured lawn!! 🤣

We have a murmuration of starlings outside our village in Spain, and where we used to live as I was growing up we used to see them collect and draw their pictures in the skies. If I recall correctly, one of the winners of the children's 500 words or less stories through BBC radio 2 was about a murmuration of starlings.
Old 07-01-2019, 03:22 AM
  # 44 (permalink)  

Good morning, Overs!

I love all the things I learn from reading this thread - chuntering, murmurations, hoovering the lawn, etc etc.
Old 07-01-2019, 01:57 PM
  # 45 (permalink)  

What a sight to see PJ, vacuuming the lawn
Old 07-01-2019, 02:04 PM
  # 46 (permalink)  
Re-Member

I keep mine manicured but don't use shears when a power tool can do it better.

Today's lithium ion battery powered 18 volts and up string trimmers are almost totally silent, and mine is an all plastic one that is so light I can use it one handed. It is not so powerful it whips out of control, but we use ours for all our trimming, including vertical to keep the new growth from slapping me while mowing. We can't show pictures or talk about something for sale here specifically but we both use one brand and have all but one or two of their battery tools, including the leaf blower, chain saw, hedge trimmer, radio, tire air pump with accurate gauge, along with the drills, impact drivers, circular/reciprocating/jig saw/speed saw rotary cutter/cooling fan/area lights and flashlights/ and more. All powered by the same 18 volt batteries. We've five chargers, ten batteries including the large 5 and 6 amp batteries for the continuous use trimmer/blower/chain saw. One plus battery systems work across all the tools and for me, the dependability of the batteries today, and run times to finish any job with one battery and backups ready on chargers for jobs I need the lighter batteries for holding tolls overhead or on a ladder which tires my arms out after a half hour of holding the tool up. Then I gladly use the smaller batteries and need the breaks to get rid of lactic acid build up in my muscles. I use/d a zero turn 50" cut Gas mower, and a Craftsman riding mower with a 48" cut as my yard vacuum only. I logged out all the pines and sweet gum messy trees and left the old growth oaks spaced appropriately for morning and evening shade. So fall is lots and lots of oak leaves.

Those are just the few tools I needed to get by here. The reast are in Colorado already.

Did he buy your car Mags?

Sassy, I'll second that! I learn all kinds stuff here too.
Old 07-01-2019, 04:36 PM
  # 47 (permalink)  

That is quite a range of man-toys Itch....
Old 07-01-2019, 09:13 PM
  # 48 (permalink)  
Magsie

Morning Overs

Itchy, yes I sold the car thanks, sadly but gladly. I’m going to show Mr.M your pic of your charger tools. I keep wanting him to allocate a space in his man shed (complete with monster spiders) to do the same!

Toots, I’ve not seen any of the artificial grass in anyone’s garden yet, that I know of anyway, but I guess it could be just hoovered up, though I wouldn’t think with a home hoover? Pleased your mum is on the mend.
I didn’t read the 500 words about the murmurations, Ooh, I just googled it and you’re right, 2013 winner. ...Did you hear/read this year’s winner? Why did the Chicken? .....I think these stories are great for the children to write. These are great short stories by children if anyone wants to read them.

Sassy, itchy, yeah I learn a lot here too! I’m forever referring to google on my phone for things, places, words.

Have a good Tuesday my friends xx
Old 07-01-2019, 11:38 PM
  # 49 (permalink)  
Sober date 5/1/13

Good morning Overs.

Sunny morning here.

Old 07-02-2019, 03:58 AM
  # 50 (permalink)  

Andy - how are you and the offspring doing?

Itchy, your tool set is amazing!

Mags, I see how people here fight giving up their cars - and it’s so unnecessary given the transportation available.

Have a good day to all!
Old 07-02-2019, 11:32 PM
  # 51 (permalink)  
Sober date 5/1/13

Good morning Overs.

Hi Saskia, We're good thank you. The new normal is rising out of the confusion.

We have another sunny morning.

Old 07-03-2019, 12:53 AM
  # 52 (permalink)  
Magsie

Morning Overs

Sassy, sounds good at your OFH, like being on holiday constantly!

We’ve got it sunny too Andy, the early mornings seem to the best time of the day at the moment.

Have a good Wednesday my friends xx
Old 07-03-2019, 03:30 AM
  # 53 (permalink)  

Andy, good to hear

Mags, it can be like being on a holiday at times though I don’t think of it that way. It’s mostly very different from anything I have experienced before. A close community has the risk of becoming stifling and has its own unique challenges. We are fortunate to have a generally good group of people (always some exceptions!) and I always try to remember that the positives far outweigh the negatives. It helps to be a tad Pollyanna-ish to live here :-)
Old 07-03-2019, 09:25 PM
  # 54 (permalink)  
Magsie

Morning Overs

Sass, I can imagine the close community has its challenges, with many different personalities about. I imagine the majority of people respect each other, I know there can be sometimes that one person, very much like neighbours, you hope they respect each other, makes life a lot easier, methinks.

Happy Fourth of July to all celebrating

Old 07-03-2019, 11:37 PM
  # 55 (permalink)  
Sober date 5/1/13

Good morning Overs.

Happy independence day.

Old 07-04-2019, 01:27 AM
  # 56 (permalink)  
Living and Loving Life at Last

Happy "the colonials are calling themselves what now?" Day!
Old 07-04-2019, 08:34 AM
  # 57 (permalink)  
Quit 4/17/15

Thanks Itchy and others whom have served our country!

Enjoy the day all!
Old 07-04-2019, 12:36 PM
  # 58 (permalink)  
Re-Member

My pleasure Star.

Happy Independence Day Overs! I wouldn't take back a minute of my 27 year career. (Nor go back for a minute more )

Old 07-04-2019, 02:26 PM
  # 59 (permalink)  

Happy 4th of July Overs!
Old 07-04-2019, 09:38 PM
  # 60 (permalink)  
Magsie

Morning Overs

Another nice morning so far, though it’s only just gone 5.30am. Hopefully it will be like yesterday and the sun will shine!

Mr.M has a stomach bug, I think! He came rushing in early from his friends last night, straight to the bathroom. He ate mostly the same as me yesterday so I can’t see it being food. I hope it’s not catching.

Have a Good Friday my friends xx