Notices

Class of June 2019 part 2

Old 06-20-2019, 10:25 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Santi27 View Post
Hi everybody,

Nice to see some familiar names here from the May group and hello to everybody I don't know.

Thought I'd join the ride for the last 10 days of the month if that's ok.
Hopefully this will be your class forever. No need to move on if you dont want to.
Old 06-20-2019, 10:38 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Thanks Venus, no never seen that , not sure if we can get it over here but I'll have a look Bit of a murder/detective/mystery drama fan and got plenty stocked up on sky.
Old 06-20-2019, 10:42 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Abraham View Post
Hopefully this will be your class forever. No need to move on if you dont want to.
I hope so too!

I don't understand what you mean by move on.
Old 06-20-2019, 12:39 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Hello everyone! I always enjoy checking in on this thread too catch up daily on all of my classmates!

Welcome to the newcomers!

bob, Andy, A. Ready, new, pete, And everyone else, it is good to hear from you!

I'm doing well. I'm back at my normal schedule so I stay very busy. I'm thankful that since the horrible withdrawals let up I've been doing and feeling well. I'm looking forward to another sober day!

Way to stick with it everyone! We've got this!
Old 06-20-2019, 12:50 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Venus my wife is trying to make me watch season 2 of big little lies. I watched the first season so guess I have no choice but to watch this series!
Old 06-20-2019, 12:52 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Santi27 View Post
I hope so too!

I don't understand what you mean by move on.
To move on from a may thread to a june thread and then into july. If you quit in june then june is your class. There are people who have quit for years and still stick to their original class. Ofcourse you are free to post wherever so dont listen to me.
Old 06-20-2019, 01:38 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Day 41 things improving day by day figuring out more and more! My schedule starting September is going to be 7 days working a week but I don't work too many hours each day. Busy schedule will help me maintain my commitment!
Old 06-20-2019, 02:14 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Keeping busy is the best solution in the early days until you are used to a life without alcohol. I remember last time it took me a good 2/3 months before I felt comfortable. Keep it up!
Old 06-20-2019, 04:33 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Abraham View Post
To move on from a may thread to a june thread and then into july. If you quit in june then june is your class. There are people who have quit for years and still stick to their original class. Ofcourse you are free to post wherever so dont listen to me.
Ah! I see what you mean now. Sorry, I'm a bit slow today.
Old 06-20-2019, 05:11 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome Santi

D
Old 06-20-2019, 05:26 PM
  # 31 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Petecrab View Post
Venus my wife is trying to make me watch season 2 of big little lies. I watched the first season so guess I have no choice but to watch this series!
Well, for once I think the women have it....I doubt any guy is going to be bored by this....anyone at all...it is fantastic. s
Old 06-20-2019, 06:38 PM
  # 32 (permalink)  

Hi All,

Made it thru Day 5. i am inpressed by some of you who are exercising and lifting weights at the gym and cooking healthy meals.

My brain cant handle such things at the moment. I am not exercising or lifting weights and I am eating fast food crap from the Drive-Thru and not planning the meals at all.

Not eating a healthy breakfast, I am just discombobulated to the extreme. In fact the only thing I did right was stay sober and cigarette free for 5 days. I just washed my first load of laundry in 1 month today.

My house looks like a grenade exploded, its a total mess and a pig stye. On this previous drunk I really went completely down the tubes. Its a disgrace but really reminds me how mentally sick I get from extended alcoholism.
Old 06-20-2019, 06:40 PM
  # 33 (permalink)  
DJ1

Good evening . Today was another milestone Day 21. Had a big day of celebrations. Went for dinner with friends guess what I never noticed this before but no one ordered an alcoholic drink was great to sit chat lol. All while Stone cold sober great time can’t remember the last time I did that
Hope everyone is doing well
Old 06-20-2019, 06:59 PM
  # 34 (permalink)  

I tried to edit my last post to add this:

I went to the NA meeting that is my home group today and picked up a white keytag (chip). I had been going to other meetings (avoiding my home group) but finally made it back. I was ashamed to return.

I used to give good shares and good advice to people but now that I "fell off the wagon" nobody will be asking me for any advice for any time soon. You basically lose your reputation after a relapse and you are like a leper in the corner.

I wish I had never picked up that drink now. Even after 5 days sober I still am having to endure the consequences of having "gone out". In many different areas of my life i am getting the bad consequences of having relapsed.
Old 06-20-2019, 07:04 PM
  # 35 (permalink)  
Administrator

Congrats to all of you and everyone hitting a milestone today

D
Old 06-20-2019, 09:32 PM
  # 36 (permalink)  

Purina well done on day 5. Take every day as it comes. Don’t worry about the food for now, concentrate on staying sober and the rest will fall into place when you get better. Maybe tackle one room per day. In a weeks time the place will look spotless and trust me it will make you feel better. My goal on Sunday which is my next day off is to sort out the garage. Going to take a van from work (work in car sales) and do a massive dump run to get rid of everything we no longer need!

Keep your head up and working hard. It gets easier
Old 06-20-2019, 09:43 PM
  # 37 (permalink)  

Day 16 just finished work, it's Friday and my brain is screaming to get a glass of wine! It's coming up with all sorts of things, hopefully I will get through this aarrrgghhh
Old 06-20-2019, 10:13 PM
  # 38 (permalink)  

You got this red. Stay on here when you get the urges. It will pass
Old 06-20-2019, 10:37 PM
  # 39 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Purina View Post
Hi All,

Made it thru Day 5. i am inpressed by some of you who are exercising and lifting weights at the gym and cooking healthy meals.

My brain cant handle such things at the moment. I am not exercising or lifting weights and I am eating fast food crap from the Drive-Thru and not planning the meals at all.

Not eating a healthy breakfast, I am just discombobulated to the extreme. In fact the only thing I did right was stay sober and cigarette free for 5 days. I just washed my first load of laundry in 1 month today.

My house looks like a grenade exploded, its a total mess and a pig stye. On this previous drunk I really went completely down the tubes. Its a disgrace but really reminds me how mentally sick I get from extended alcoholism.
The first week for me was eat anything I want when I want and each week I have slightly improved my diet and feeling great. Baby steps can't do everything at once. This place still looks like Chernobyl if humans still occupied it. Hopefully it is the PAWS keeping me up and not some form of radiation poisoning
Old 06-20-2019, 11:01 PM
  # 40 (permalink)  

Start of day 11. Up at 6, shower, walk the dog, made breakfast. This is now my routine and it's great!
Fitness has gone up another point on my Fitbit scale. I was averaging a resting heart rate of 88bpm, down to 73 bpm so I'm really happy. Means I'm not putting my heart under so much stress. Plus I've noticed my skin looks far less hectic. I used to look at the colour of my hands after I'd gone for a walk and to me, they were red and blotchy. Now they look a lot less red. So hopefully my face looks even better! I've noticed my skin isn't as dry either- before my arms always had dry skin, probably from alcohol dehydrating me. Now my face and arms are a lot less dry and feel a lot softer.
In general as well, my mood has improved too. I'm learning to appreciate a lot more things and I don't miss how I was 11days ago. I wasn't living, I was as if have put it 'on automatic'- I wasn't really enjoying anything,I was living to just get drunk and black out and that's not a life I want to return to.

Hope everyone has a great Friday!