Class of June 2019 part 2

Old 06-24-2019, 06:20 PM
  # 201 (permalink)  
Administrator

Congrats Bob

D
Old 06-24-2019, 08:19 PM
  # 202 (permalink)  

Don’t want to wake up feeling like I did today. I never want to let others down the way I have. I’m a mess but tonight I am going to sleep sober, I will wake up better tomorrow. Night SR.
Old 06-24-2019, 11:00 PM
  # 203 (permalink)  

Start of day 15. Checked my Fitbit and my fitness has gone up to 24-28 (poor- fair!!) Really glad that my fitness is improving. I can feel a change a bit, the morning walk into work is uphill and I feel like I'm getting up it quicker and less out of breath.
Hope everyone has a good day:-)
Old 06-24-2019, 11:01 PM
  # 204 (permalink)  

Good Morning

Day 10 for me. Congrats to everyone on your sober time.

Hope you feel better tomorrow Mariposa.

I did an hour in the gym yesterday on a 1-1 basis which helped as I kept going when I really though I couldn't do anymore. Slept better last night than I have in weeks Feel very positive today.
Old 06-24-2019, 11:25 PM
  # 205 (permalink)  

Hi everybody,
Hope you all have a great day.
We're set for some awful weather here, temperatures of 40ºc plus! Just the idea of a hangover with this heat is enough to stop me from drinking!!!
Is anybody else in Spain?
Old 06-24-2019, 11:38 PM
  # 206 (permalink)  

Day 4. Went out to dinner with my sisters last night. Both supportive of my 'new life' as I said previously but one of them - as it happens the one who drinks slightly more although not excessively - brought a half bottle of champagne with her to my place beforehand and plainly expected me to have a glass of that even though she made it clear she knew I would not be drinking in the restaurant. I think many people have difficulty believing those of us who say we are alcoholics if on the face of it we're apparently keeping our lives reasonably together. And maybe that's the more so when you do the major part of your drinking behind closed doors as was my habit. I certainly got the impression that whilst she was definitely sympathetic, she thought I was exaggerating things and I just needed to get a grip. Would that it were that simple! Looking forward to another day without alcohol and I wish that for everyone here.
Old 06-24-2019, 11:47 PM
  # 207 (permalink)  
Administrator

I think people have problems understanding what alcoholism is.

They think why couldn't you have one glass at home and then just not drink in the restaurant?

D
Old 06-25-2019, 12:33 AM
  # 208 (permalink)  

I know! And this from someone who is supportive of my efforts to be sober which isn't the case with everyone I know. I did remind her quietly (and reminded myself at the same time) that I've never, ever had a single glass of champagne, wine or indeed any other kind of alcohol in my whole life.
Old 06-25-2019, 02:34 AM
  # 209 (permalink)  

Thanks to everyone here! Things are going great and I am headed home today. Day 10 for me and congrats to RAL for your 10. Don't have much time now. Need to hit the road. Stopping by to visit my 91 year old mother on the way.

Have a great day everyone!
Old 06-25-2019, 02:46 AM
  # 210 (permalink)  

Hi all

Day 8 - not much sleep last night, sheets and pillow soaking wet.

Also, I'm having a lot more muscle spasms again, I thought these had mainly gone away.

Oh well, nobody said it was going to be easy.

Good luck to everyone else for another sober day.

Andy.
Old 06-25-2019, 03:32 AM
  # 211 (permalink)  

Morning june class. Happy Summer. Day 16 for me. Glad I broke the rut I had got into. Best wishes for success to all.
Old 06-25-2019, 04:15 AM
  # 212 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hope everyone has a great sober day

D
Old 06-25-2019, 05:16 AM
  # 213 (permalink)  
DJ1

Good morning it’s a good day to be alive & sober !!
Today I’m thankful for the simple things off to work I go
Have a great sober day everyone
Old 06-25-2019, 05:44 AM
  # 214 (permalink)  

Good morning all. It was nice to wake up again without a hangover today, but I'm feeling out of sorts. Still dealing with whatever I did to my neck/shoulder (I was laying down the other day and when I got up I felt something tweak, now it's all sore and stiff and painful for me to turn my head to the right) ....
And to add to things I cracked a crown on my back tooth last night. Half of it just broke off while I was eating. This will be expensive to fix I'm sure and my dentist is currently on vacation.

Blahhh...having one of those days. Or few days.
Old 06-25-2019, 05:57 AM
  # 215 (permalink)  

Morning everyone - day 26. Not much to report other than still not sleeping so great. Other than that things are decent - grateful that my memory and concentration are coming back despite the insomnia.

Congratulations to everyone on celebrating milestones and I hope the day goes well for everyone
Old 06-25-2019, 06:14 AM
  # 216 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by mariposa View Post
Don’t want to wake up feeling like I did today. I never want to let others down the way I have. I’m a mess but tonight I am going to sleep sober, I will wake up better tomorrow. Night SR.
What a wonderful thing to be able to say.
Sending you love dear mariposa.

And love and good morning/afternoon/evening to all of you.
Old 06-25-2019, 06:16 AM
  # 217 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Santi27 View Post
Hi everybody,
Hope you all have a great day.
We're set for some awful weather here, temperatures of 40ºc plus! Just the idea of a hangover with this heat is enough to stop me from drinking!!!
Is anybody else in Spain?
Oh gosh....I'm not in Spain, but I know that heat. I am from Melbourne, Australia, and we get 40+ in February, sometimes for days. I hear you re how bad it would be with a hangover....just

Thinking of you and hope you have tons of water in the fridge.
Old 06-25-2019, 06:21 AM
  # 218 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by NewDayNewMe View Post
Hi all

Day 8 - not much sleep last night, sheets and pillow soaking wet.

Also, I'm having a lot more muscle spasms again, I thought these had mainly gone away.

Oh well, nobody said it was going to be easy.

Good luck to everyone else for another sober day.

Andy.
(((Andy))) ♥

I had terrible night sweats for about 5 days, and I am wondering now if some of your cramping is because your body needs magnesium....and other stuff.....you are losing it all through sweat.

Maybe a B vitamin as well....the thing is, I don't know, because I am a caregiver not a medical person.....and I think it would be good to either call the doc, or pop down to the pharmacy....you can tell a pharmacist that you have stopped drinking alcohol and need some vitamins to help with cramps....they may well say hmm, you should call your GP....

I think you should try and get a little help though, if you can. s
Old 06-25-2019, 06:23 AM
  # 219 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Linners820 View Post
Good morning all. It was nice to wake up again without a hangover today, but I'm feeling out of sorts. Still dealing with whatever I did to my neck/shoulder (I was laying down the other day and when I got up I felt something tweak, now it's all sore and stiff and painful for me to turn my head to the right) ....
And to add to things I cracked a crown on my back tooth last night. Half of it just broke off while I was eating. This will be expensive to fix I'm sure and my dentist is currently on vacation.

Blahhh...having one of those days. Or few days.
And s
And I hope your dentist is not on vacation.

I have very bad TMJ and my jaw is currently in agony, as is my neck, so I kind of relate....I definitely empathise. s xx
Old 06-25-2019, 06:51 AM
  # 220 (permalink)  

Day 46 making serious headway now into procrastination as it all leads back to emotions and anxiety. Been trying to look at situations completely objectively and leave emotions out of my decision making. Takes time and practice but finally making headway in terms of cleaning up this place and feeling better about life in general. Reading through the DBT book a chapter a day and probably will re read it as necessary as I am doing this alone without a therapist. One thing I will say about therapy is you need to be the one to put in the work, in past I would go to therapy and expect him to fix me. Finally realized it does not work like that! You have to fix yourself, others can point you in the right direction but you have to be an active participant. Magnesium has done wonders for my sleep and nervous system as a whole and it has only been 2 days. A month sleeping in 2 hour intervals was really starting to take its toll psychologically on me but I have gotten through it!