Notices

Sweetichicks New Accountability Thread Part 2

Old 06-15-2019, 12:30 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

I wish you would see that people are supporting and trying to help if only you would let them and accept help. It comes across you won't accept help from your doc, psych or people on here.

It's a site for alcoholics and drug addicts. Of course people are concerned about your drug usage. Valium is highly addictive and you admit you're taking more than the prescribed dose and not told your doc - that's not normal usage. If your doc knew you were taking half a bottle in 2 days (as you said you did) he would stop your script immediately.

Telling people to 'get over' obsessing over your valium addiction on here is like telling people to stop obsessing over your drinking. As well as being pretty rude and ignorant to people who are trying to help you It doesn't make sense. It's a site for help for people who are in the throes of addiction
Old 06-15-2019, 12:52 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  
Administrator

I don't think it's fair to say all support has vanished.

I'd want my friends to tell me straight when they thought I was in trouble and not be yes men or women and simply blow smoke up my backside.

You've admitted drinking again and you're taking valium.

Even if you're not literally taking them together there's no way those two can't be affecting each other.

https://americanaddictioncenters.org...long-in-system

You must know that.

If you've been totally honest with your doctors about your continuing to drink, totally honest about your past valium addiction and totally honest about your recent misuse of valium - and they're still prescribing on-going long term valium I think you owe it to yourself to seek out new doctors.

If thats not support to you, I'm sorry - but I can't type anything else.

I lost a friend recently - he had, among other things, both benzoes and alcohol in his system.

I've also lost too many people from this site to not be frank and open - Its those people - or people like them - who were like that with me and helped saved my life sweetichick.

D
Old 06-15-2019, 12:55 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Another unhelpful post. This site is renowned for it. Noone has even bothered to ask how my detox is going. Like I said before get over your obsession with valium usage. Yes I have a bad temper and these posts are just infuriating me
Old 06-15-2019, 01:12 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Sweeti,

This forum is helping a lot of people. It's irreplaceable for a lot of us. You seem to have an axe to grind with some people and now even the forum itself.

If there are people who provide you with the type of support that you are willing to accept, then you can always use the private message option. If you post everything in public threads, people will obviously give an array of responses to you; about their experiences, knowledge and concerns.

What is it exactly that you want to get from this forum? Help with recovery or drama?
Old 06-15-2019, 01:51 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

You all seem to have forgotten yet again that these doctors are trying to save my life. I have been sticking to my dosage. Yes I don't want to die. Whatever they prescribed is between me and them. I thought you weren't allowed to give out medical advice on this forum. Today was a tough day. My doctor is not interested in what outpatient thinks. I have been seeing him for 16 years. It is Saturday night here anyway. Back to Netflix.
Old 06-15-2019, 02:01 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  
Administrator

I know the rules better than you do.
Nobody's giving you medical advice.

Like I've said several times - noone can make you do anything.

I'm glad you've stopped drinking anyway.

D
Old 06-15-2019, 03:28 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  

I just cannot cope with nasty messages. Iam diagnosed with elements of both bipolar schizophrenia and botrder line personality disorders. I can’t help but not retaliate. My doctors are doing the best they can. Iam not normal and react, iam on two antipsychotic medications.. That is all I to say for now. Ooh bye
Old 06-15-2019, 06:55 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  
Ocean Lover!

Having bi-polar / BPD and schizophrenia do not excuse your behaviour Sweetie. Many people here are diagnosed with those illness and I personally know people with those disorders and they would not behave the same way as you are. You’re using these as an excuse to say and do whatever you want regardless, it’s not ok and support has “dried up” as you put it because you attack everyone and everything so people have backed away.
Old 06-15-2019, 12:13 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  

Nobody is sending you nasty messages. You sound like a child sulking because they aren't getting pandered to and getting what they want.

Mantalady & Dee are spot on with what they say. Until you start to take your recovery from alcohol and valium seriously then no one will take you seriously.
Old 06-15-2019, 01:16 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  

Valium can be a whole different set of problems, even if you are taking it correctly to detox. And some Dr.s do recommend it for alcohol detox, so you don't have seizures but, in my experience, that's usually for a very small time and in a hospital setting.
That being said, it will destroy your short-term memory and cause personality changes. It also interacts very badly with ACTIVE drinking, which is why many of us have lost loved ones to benzo/alcohol co-usage.
I feel that your Dr. is being incredibly inept at giving you ANY type of benzo prescriptions, especially if he truly knows the extent of your drinking.
It will make you EXTREMELY sleepy which can make it very, very hard to get ANYTHING done. (Laundry, errands, getting to appointments, etc.).

I'm sure you are being honest with your Dr. about the extent of your drinking so I'm shocked that he's repeatedly giving you Valium, along with other psychoactive drugs.

I truly wish you the best and hope you receive proper medical care for your medical and addiction problems.
Old 06-15-2019, 01:43 PM
  # 31 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by sweetichick View Post
I just cannot cope with nasty messages. Iam diagnosed with elements of both bipolar schizophrenia and botrder line personality disorders. I can’t help but not retaliate. My doctors are doing the best they can. Iam not normal and react, iam on two antipsychotic medications.. That is all I to say for now. Ooh bye
sweeti, if your honest with yourself, you cant cope with anything(youve said so yourself). you dont know how yet.
getting nasty and bringing up these disorders that dont rear their head when people are suggesting to watch movies,buy presents for yourself, cook yourself a good meal, and anything that doesnt have to do with accountability for recovery(just stuff thats done in life) but seem to rear their head when people are talking about the right stuff-accountability for recovery- is showing a whole lot.
sure seems to be something new tossed in every time this occurs here. the schizophrenia is new- cant find it having been mentioned once by ya until now.

i havent read anything nasty myself. sayin it how they see it without sugar coating it? welp,theres people that arent going to enable.

truly hopin ya get the help ya need,sweeti.
Old 06-15-2019, 06:31 PM
  # 32 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by tomsteve View Post
sweeti, if your honest with yourself, you cant cope with anything(youve said so yourself). you dont know how yet.
getting nasty and bringing up these disorders that dont rear their head when people are suggesting to watch movies,buy presents for yourself, cook yourself a good meal, and anything that doesnt have to do with accountability for recovery(just stuff thats done in life) but seem to rear their head when people are talking about the right stuff-accountability for recovery- is showing a whole lot.
sure seems to be something new tossed in every time this occurs here. the schizophrenia is new- cant find it having been mentioned once by ya until now

i havent read anything nasty myself. sayin it how they see it without sugar coating it? welp,theres people that arent going to enable.

truly hopin ya get the help ya need,sweeti.
I never tell anyone I have schizophrenia because it gets such a bad rap in the media and people talk behind my back.They believe you can be dangerous. I am sick of people telling me what to do or say. Yours is the only reply today because you actually read carefully what I type
Old 06-15-2019, 06:36 PM
  # 33 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ReadyAtLast View Post
Nobody is sending you nasty messages. You sound like a child sulking because they aren't getting pandered to and getting what they want.

Mantalady & Dee are spot on with what they say. Until you start to take your recovery from alcohol and valium seriously then no one will take you seriously.
Doesn’t this sound like a nasty message ? I sound like a child sulking and blah blah blah. I am glad you are little miss perfect.Kudos to you.
Old 06-15-2019, 06:43 PM
  # 34 (permalink)  

And you’re all still obsessed with Valium. Can’t you just trust my psychiatrist.? I have been seeing him 16 years. I thought a drug forum meant illegal drugs.
Old 06-15-2019, 06:44 PM
  # 35 (permalink)  

My dad has advised me to leave this forum.
Old 06-15-2019, 06:52 PM
  # 36 (permalink)  

Sweetie, I’ve read your whole thread honey and I can honestly say that no one is being nasty. You come across as combative because of your Valium use. That’s ok because you are in the midst of addiction and the thought of giving up your saviour ( Valium ) scares you, so you don’t want to hear anything negative said about it.

I was like you when I was giving up alcohol ( again) we don’t want people telling us what we don’t want to hear.

Deep down you just want to get into your detox and make it right again and that’s why you have come to SR .

To read likeminded stories and also get some help.

But we have to be humble and accept advice sometimes even if we don’t really want to hear it.

This site and my friends here along the way have literally saved my life.

Put your walls down lovely and let us help you . How is your detox going ? It’s a good idea to check in every day so we can see you are safe ok.

I was like you and once I took things on board, I began to help others and you can too. Detoxing is nasty stuff so you need friends and that’s what this place is all about.

You CAN do this but you must cut down your Valium usage love because it’s just not ok. The most they gave me in rehab was 8 a day. The more you take, the more immune you become to it’s effects. Take it from me who knows ...been there.

Breathe deeply in and hold it for a few seconds then breathe slowly out of your mouth when the anxiety gets to you whilst detoxing . This worked wonderfully for me.

You sound like a lovely girl but please try not to get offended easily because we only want to help you get well ok.

Much love
Old 06-15-2019, 06:54 PM
  # 37 (permalink)  
Administrator

Sweetichick has left the website.
I'm sure we all wish her the best.

Thread Closed.

Dee
Administrator
SR