24 Hour Recovery Connections Part 446

Old 06-15-2019, 01:55 AM
  # 381 (permalink)  

Another 24 please
Old 06-15-2019, 02:27 AM
  # 382 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by RedBerryJuniper View Post
Good evening,

I have been trying to sort out a situation with my father’s trusted caregiver. She has been sending me hostile messages that make no sense for a couple of months now. About how she doesn’t want to have a fixed schedule, doesn’t want my brother and I involved in his care..all along we’ve been bending over backwards to accommodate her but it is never enough. Now she is refusing to realize that there are other people working too...we can’t go on like this. Dad seems to like her but I had to tell him what was occurring behind the scenes tonight. We are very likely going to have to fire her. She is acting mentally unhinged and abusive, and threatened to quit if we didn’t cave and let her set her own hours and write her own checks. It’s a big mess. I’ve lost so much sleep. My brother is suffering too. My mother is still struggling in the hospital, unable to walk. It’s untenable. Tomorrow is the day it stops. Full stop. I’m worried about Dad, worried about retaliation but I need to have faith. Sometimes people lack empathy and don’t even act in their own best interest. I feel lost, sick and worried.

One thing I do know is that I won’t drink. I probably won’t sleep, again, but maybe something will happen tomorrow that isn’t terrible. I hope he isn’t in danger. It just is so worrisome.

Red
I'm sorry you are going through all of this Red- Keep the faith like you said and know that you are doing the right thing. Trust your gut- you will make the best decision for everyone.
Old 06-15-2019, 02:28 AM
  # 383 (permalink)  

Here for 24 more.
Saturday morning and I'm dragging from all the carbs I ate yesterday. Well, I made it 12 days this month, without binging. That's pretty good for me. Hopping on my spin bike before work this morning. I am so tired of this cycle but willing and able to forgive myself and move one.
Old 06-15-2019, 02:30 AM
  # 384 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by kenton View Post
Wonderful post Delilah! Wishing you and your gorgeous family a fantastic summer xxx

Red, go with your gut and fire the carer. Do it today. Everything else will unfold exactly as it should but do not ignore your intuition. Don't want to make this about me but I had a similar situation when my dad was alive and yep ..... Your intuition is screaming at you for a reason. Don't ignore it. Hope you find someone else very soon xxxx

Pete, hope you sell lots of cars today. I'll come find you when I need a new one!

Sunny, the course sounds amazing. Kinds of feeds into my experience last night. So, last night I met up with my old best friend who I fell out with 15 years ago for reasons that seemed really important at the time but which boil down to total nonsense. I'm not on any form of social media so when I lose contact with a person I tend to stay lost but last summer the universe put in play a crazy set of coincidences and random encounters that led to me and my friend getting back into contact. We've been messaging for months and last night we met face to face for the first time in 15 years.

And when I first saw her we hugged and I felt something in my soul. Healing. And my word, my friend has been through some tough times. And in between the scattering of guilt that I felt because I haven't been there for her, there was an overriding feeling of hope. Hope for the future. Hope for the now. And I now know for sure that the universe works in mysterious ways. When I ran the London marathon in April 2014, I ran for a random charity that had places in the marathon available. I picked a little-known charity that works with blind kids. It somehow spoke to me. Turns out the month I ran for this charity was the exact same month my friend brought her premature, blind daughter back from hospital after spending 5 months in intensive care. Apparently this charity has been instrumental in helping my friend and her daughter. And even tho I didn't know about it at the time, I helped raise money for them. Thank you universe for helping me to help. I am always going to trust in the universe. It knows what it's doing.

So happy to be back in contact with my friend. I wouldn't be if I was still drinking. Thank you sobriety. Love to everyone and 24 more for me please xxxx
Beautiful Kenton- the Universe always has your back and you are right, it works in strange and mysterious (and sometimes humorous) ways. Glad you reunited with your friend- sounds like it was just what you needed.
xoxo
Old 06-15-2019, 02:39 AM
  # 385 (permalink)  

Old 06-15-2019, 02:42 AM
  # 386 (permalink)  
Administrator

Congrats to all these milestoners and anyone else I've missed

LiveLikeGold6 ~ yesterday, sorry ~ 4 weeks! ♥
Willow68 ~ 1 year & 1 month! ♥
Kris47 ~ 5 years & 5 months! ♥
Soberwolf ~ 5 years & 11 months! ♥
Hevyn ~ 11 years & 5 months! ♥
nmd ~ 5 months! ♥
Atlast9999 ~ 1 year!!!!!!!!!!!! ♥
abcowboy ~ 4 years & 5 months! ♥
Sweetpeacan ~ 1 month! ♥
goose333 ~ 1 year & 10 months! ♥
BarbieKen ~ 6 years & 7 months! ♥

RBJ I agree with everyone - you can't have a carer who's hostile to the family.

D
Old 06-15-2019, 02:49 AM
  # 387 (permalink)  

In for another 24
Old 06-15-2019, 02:56 AM
  # 388 (permalink)  

Signing up for 24 hours drink and drug free. 5:56am in Jacksonville, Florida.

Congratulations to all celebrating milestones today!!
Old 06-15-2019, 03:07 AM
  # 389 (permalink)  
FBL
non-drinker

It's 5:07 AM and I'm in for another sober 24.
Old 06-15-2019, 03:19 AM
  # 390 (permalink)  

(((RBJ))) Wow that's got to be so tough....if you still have the messages from her, I'd hang on to them just for backup....sending hugs and good thoughts to you and your family

I am going to need 24 more please!

Old 06-15-2019, 03:21 AM
  # 391 (permalink)  

24 more please.
Old 06-15-2019, 03:34 AM
  # 392 (permalink)  

In for a sober 24 hours!
Old 06-15-2019, 04:35 AM
  # 393 (permalink)  
No quitting on yer quit eh!

"People often say that this or that person has not yet found himself. But the self is not something one finds, it is something one creates." - Thomas Szasz

5:35am in Alberta, 24 more please, and thanks...

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
Old 06-15-2019, 04:59 AM
  # 394 (permalink)  
Friendly Folk

24 more.
Old 06-15-2019, 05:07 AM
  # 395 (permalink)  

Afternoon all. Its 1 pm here in the UK. Please count me in for another 24 hours sober and clean.
Had a wonderful evening yesterday, I had tickets to see Sir Ian McKellen at my local theatre. It is a very small, very old theatre and we were honoured to have him play there. Because so many people wanted to go the theatre did a lottery for tickets and I won two. My friend from AA was complaining that she didn't get tickets she would miss out. I had the extra one so we went together.
He was beyond amazing, we were mesmerised the whole way through. Because it was such an event for a small town small theatre everyone got a free drink on arrival, in fact the bar was lined with white and red wine, my friend and I had a coffee and a good laugh about how it would have been before we got sober! It was a big reminder for me, I wouldn't have even been there, I would have been at home with the curtains drawn and on my third bottle of wine. I volunteer at the theatre (I think the lottery was a fix as all volunteers 'won' tickets), and I know I would not be doing that either. I am coming up 18 months sober and my life has changed beyond recognition. I am so so grateful for my life.
Old 06-15-2019, 05:16 AM
  # 396 (permalink)  

Saturday 24 request at 8:16am. Thank you!
Old 06-15-2019, 05:24 AM
  # 397 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Bubovski View Post
When that alcoholic voice starts to convince, even defying logic,best intent, knowledge and indeed our well won integrity..........well that's the time to knuckle down, ignore the insanity and consider the potential slip. As they say in AA---'this too will pass.--
We miss you Bub.
Hope you are OK.....sending love and did you see what my Saints did? Holy wow, they beat the Suns in Qld.....a first.....must check on your Tigers....

Huge hugs for you. And this is from Suze (me) and Bobbi.... s xx
Old 06-15-2019, 05:30 AM
  # 398 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by RedBerryJuniper View Post
Good evening,

I have been trying to sort out a situation with my father’s trusted caregiver. She has been sending me hostile messages that make no sense for a couple of months now. About how she doesn’t want to have a fixed schedule, doesn’t want my brother and I involved in his care..all along we’ve been bending over backwards to accommodate her but it is never enough. Now she is refusing to realize that there are other people working too...we can’t go on like this. Dad seems to like her but I had to tell him what was occurring behind the scenes tonight. We are very likely going to have to fire her. She is acting mentally unhinged and abusive, and threatened to quit if we didn’t cave and let her set her own hours and write her own checks. It’s a big mess. I’ve lost so much sleep. My brother is suffering too. My mother is still struggling in the hospital, unable to walk. It’s untenable. Tomorrow is the day it stops. Full stop. I’m worried about Dad, worried about retaliation but I need to have faith. Sometimes people lack empathy and don’t even act in their own best interest. I feel lost, sick and worried.

One thing I do know is that I won’t drink. I probably won’t sleep, again, but maybe something will happen tomorrow that isn’t terrible. I hope he isn’t in danger. It just is so worrisome.

Red
As a caregiver myself, this makes my blood boil.

Fire her.....ASAP.....interview some carers honey: there must be wonderful retired nurses who are looking for work, and if not, I would go straight to your city services.....which I imagine you have access to....find out who is the recommended agency where you live, and talk to management. They should have experienced trustworthy carers....all of the stuff that woman is doing is immoral as well as coercive.....perhaps even illegal.

I know this is hard for you and your brother and mother and father....the upheaval at this point but you will feel so much better when you have someone who is more ethical.

Just so much love. s
Old 06-15-2019, 05:36 AM
  # 399 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by julietUK View Post
Afternoon all. Its 1 pm here in the UK. Please count me in for another 24 hours sober and clean.
Had a wonderful evening yesterday, I had tickets to see Sir Ian McKellen at my local theatre. It is a very small, very old theatre and we were honoured to have him play there. Because so many people wanted to go the theatre did a lottery for tickets and I won two. My friend from AA was complaining that she didn't get tickets she would miss out. I had the extra one so we went together.
He was beyond amazing, we were mesmerised the whole way through. Because it was such an event for a small town small theatre everyone got a free drink on arrival, in fact the bar was lined with white and red wine, my friend and I had a coffee and a good laugh about how it would have been before we got sober! It was a big reminder for me, I wouldn't have even been there, I would have been at home with the curtains drawn and on my third bottle of wine. I volunteer at the theatre (I think the lottery was a fix as all volunteers 'won' tickets), and I know I would not be doing that either. I am coming up 18 months sober and my life has changed beyond recognition. I am so so grateful for my life.
Ohhhhhhh Juliet.....just wow. How incredible. What an amazing experience....he is well, just a legend. And yes, how sweet that the lottery was fixed for the volunteers..... And how beautiful you are and your story is....you are the epitome of the promises coming true.

Just fantastic. ♥♥
Old 06-15-2019, 05:40 AM
  # 400 (permalink)  

In for another 24 please. 6:39 am here.