SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomer's Daily Support Threads (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-daily-support-threads/)
-   -   Class of May 2019 Part 2 (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-daily-support-threads/438808-class-may-2019-part-2-a.html)

Dee74 05-25-2019 04:20 AM

Class of May 2019 Part 2

Last part here:
https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums...rt-one-20.html

D

Dee74 05-25-2019 04:21 AM

Another reminder about the end of the month - the thread stays together but we move the thread to the 'Daily Support forum' to make way for a new Class of June thread here in 'Newcomers' forum.

I'll remind folks closer to the date :)

This thread will go on for as long as people want to post in it

D

Newbeginning421 05-25-2019 06:10 AM

Day 15 here

Canuck76 05-25-2019 08:52 AM

Looks like I passed the one month mark. Think I am at day 32. Will have to go back through my posts to figure it out for sure but too lazy Haha.

Be123 05-25-2019 11:19 AM

Well done Canuck and thanks for the welcome everyone

An odd day - fell asleep for an hour and woke up feeling rough. This time of day (it’s 7.15pm here) I call the end of the day as I have eaten and wouldn’t start drinking now

Pretty anxious and worried about things I’ve said and done whilst drunk in past two weeks. But glad to be sober today

Ben19 05-25-2019 12:06 PM

I made it through the day without a drink or anything else, just got out the bath as withdrawals are now kicking in and the cold sweats and shakes are starting. Hopefully i can get a good nights sleep and wake up not feeling to bad tomorow and go again.

Caprice6 05-25-2019 12:11 PM

mid life crisis

Santi, you must watch tonight (8:30 ET, so perhaps 1:30 a.m in Spain lol). The Dinosaurs may go to the finals if they win. Heard the prices today on average are about $3,300 and for the finals it may be $17,000 for the best seats? I'm sure I must've heard wrong).

So, I'm 40 and I recall the most drastic (and dumb) thing I did at 39 was try out botox! Why? I had signed up to e-Harmony as well and had a date with a cute English guy and it made me super self conscious. It cost $1000 just for a few unremarkable places and if I wanted "smile lines" off that would take collagen at around $300/injection extra. The botox only lasted 3 months too and no one noticed a difference even! I never even met the guy cuz I blew him off by being an idiot and purposefully sounding super insecure by admitting to getting botox, deleting my e-harmony account, talking about looking for a rich guy, ideally, and rain checking until he got sick of it. Anyhow, my face truly felt frozen for the first month and it really didn't even make a noticeable difference. Perhaps that was a good thing cuz you should've seen the synthetic looking nurses and employees there. It was so overdone and apparent they didn't even look younger, just plastic.

Onwards, I got a third puppy instead! Love him, no regrets there...and finally after getting fired a handful of times directly due to my drinking, and about 4-5 detox hospital stints to start off the New Year and my 40th birthday! I even went to a job interview drunk.

April 15th - after that last stint, I had to do something. I had no idea what. I've been going to my mental health doctor for 2 + years, then I started applying to other places, joined a recovery group, got back on here and finally landed somewhere just now. I had no long term goals. SR has helped me stay on track, my last visit to my doctor was so rewarding cuz she was genuinely surprised I had not relapsed, it felt good. She had never given up on me either no matter.

I don't know where I'm going with this but I never expected at the start at be on day 41 now, employed again and ready to face the world. I am also getting my hair professionally cut this afternoon, can't wait. I feel like I need a new look and colour.

Have a good one everyone!

bobdrop 05-25-2019 01:43 PM

Thought I'd check-in before going to graduation party at a friends. Our friend has a kid that just graduated HS. Party is more for the adults to get drunk than for the kids. Sure hope they have the Lady Gator Softball game on. Sorry, my Toronto friends, but I just don't enjoy the NBA anymore. (Here's where you find out how old I am) :) The last time I loved watching the NBA, it involved Wilt Chamberlain, Kareem Abdul Jabbar, Jerry West, Dr. J, and later after that, Magic & Larry Bird. Yes, I'm almost 60. So, watching softball tournament and waiting to see if the gator baseball team makes the tournament. After that, it's a long haul until football season.

Anyway, feeling a lot better after getting out and doing yard work in the heat this morning. Temps are supposed to top out around 100 for the next week or so, with no rain. Time to sweat all that poison out of me :)

Congrats on a month Canuck. And over 2 weeks NewBeginning. Keep it up Be and Ben. Caprice, you're doing great. And to everyone else, great job.

Hope everyone is having a great weekend!

Hopingwishing 05-25-2019 04:15 PM

Day 3 closing out here. Been a good day in terms of coming clean to my family about my relapse. Had a really good heart to heart with my sister about my problems, how I’ve let them bubble up without reaching out to anyone, cos y’know I feel like a burden already with my shameful past being an alcoholic!!

Just wanted to get some initial thoughts down. Feeling pretty drained. But I’m sober so I’ve won today :-)

Dee74 05-25-2019 05:07 PM

congrats on your month Canuck and 15 days NB and congrats hopingwishing Ben and Be on your milestones too :)

I'm not remotely a sports guy but sounds like a full weekend Caprice and Bobdrop :)

D

Newbeginning421 05-25-2019 08:05 PM

Originally Posted by Caprice6 (Post 7191708)
The Dinosaurs may go to the finals if they win. Heard the prices today on average are about $3,300 and for the finals it may be $17,000 for the best seats? I'm sure I must've heard wrong).

Leonard is a beast. I remember when he was on the Spurs before he got injured in game one they were dominating the warriors. Best of luck to you guys in the finals or maybe it is better to say knock on wood :)

Caprice6 05-25-2019 08:56 PM

Thanks NB, I can't believe they won 4 in a row! Sounds like we won the ultimate trophy, outside everyone's honking and cheering.
They definitely would not have gotten where they're at without Leonard.
My friend has a huge crush on him too. She was just telling me about what a quiet and private guy he was, "just like her boyfriend." I turned to look at her and we both burst out laughing at that �� *snort*
She's getting season tickets next year....
first basketball game I ever watched I could tell he was the **** hand to God.

5upersonic 05-25-2019 10:39 PM

Hi all I'm on day 7 :)

Be123 05-25-2019 11:32 PM

Well done supersonic (the name of my favourite oasis song!)

60 hours in. Slept unbelievably well, woken with a headache but feeling refreshed a bit

Today not much planned until five when eating at my parents. Not having the first drink will mean I don’t get drunk so I’ll do tvat

Have a good day people

ReadyAtLast 05-25-2019 11:53 PM

Hi everyone again.
Congrats on your sober time-some great week and month counts on this thread now.

I'm back and need to stay accountable. In that awful phase where I wake in the night and every morning swearing I will stop then buying wine by 4pm :( It stops now. I just have to do this a day at a time. Thank you

Dee74 05-25-2019 11:55 PM

Welcome back RAL :)

D

ReadyAtLast 05-25-2019 11:57 PM

Thanks Dee. It's good to be back properly with a firm commitment.

Be123 05-26-2019 12:38 AM

I recognise ‘that’ phase RAL, but in my case cider 😞

My commitment isn’t even strong at the moment, I just need not to drink today and that’ll do me. At my parents having a soft drink when I arrive will mean I don’t drink (this is a common experience for me) so it’s that one point of the day when choosing not to take the drink will mean I go to bed sober. That’s achievable even for me

5upersonic 05-26-2019 01:17 AM

Mine too Be :)

ReadyAtLast 05-26-2019 01:26 AM

Thanks Be123. I'm also just doing ODAAT, for now. Even just breaking that every night habit and I start to feel better so less likely to drink. Have a good day with your parents.