Notices

Class of May 2019 Part 2

Old 06-13-2019, 03:20 PM
  # 161 (permalink)  

LLG6,
Glad to hear that you are doing well. Lets keep rocking. How was Miami?
Old 06-14-2019, 12:16 AM
  # 162 (permalink)  
The Little Alcoholic Monstress That Could

Thanks FO! How are you doing?

Miami was fabulous, strong AA fellowship, tons of economically priced carribean food, i was a happy camper. Lots of beautiful people too lol

Im back home and working this program dammit. Its harder to fellowship in my hometown than in Miami but I’m quickly learning that if one person doesn’t have time to talk another person will. I make at least 3 calls a day and at least 1 person will chat with me for 5 minutes or so. We have a good discussion about recovery and let off some steam, i think its great. Day 27 wrapping up with 37 meetings in. I got a cool little counter to help me keep track of days/meetings. I love my children soooo much! They are spending the next 2 months with their dad but hes only an hour away so we’ll get together from time to time. But as much as i miss them i feel its a blessing, this is a perfect time for me to really lay a foundation of sobriety. If I keep working my program I will be the best mother I can be and the one they deserve. I’m excited.
Old 06-15-2019, 12:39 AM
  # 163 (permalink)  

I'm still here at day 46 going strong x
Old 06-15-2019, 01:50 AM
  # 164 (permalink)  
Administrator

Congrats FightOn LLG and Strawberry on your milestones - congrats to everyone else too who's celebrating a milestone today, no matter what it is.

D
Old 06-15-2019, 09:58 AM
  # 165 (permalink)  

Congratulations Strawberry!!
Old 06-17-2019, 02:08 PM
  # 166 (permalink)  

Congrats LLG6,
May 17 until June 17. Keep it up!!!
Old 06-17-2019, 06:32 PM
  # 167 (permalink)  

Hi class
Congrats strawberry, LLG and everyone else that's fab. Let's keep going

Day 50 (just) as it's 02.30 UK so very early morning for me

I'm feeling better physically than I have in years.

I can't get to sleep now tonight as had to stay up to fetch my mum and auntie from the airport

I would usually be fuming as I would have to "work out" how much wine I dare have because of driving the distance to and from the airport. That would seriously be interfering with my drinking time especially being a late flight in, and there would definetly be a bottle or so for when I got home. DO NOT ever want to be tied down to that bottle EVER again!!

Stay strong everyone
Old 06-17-2019, 08:16 PM
  # 168 (permalink)  

Wow you are all doing so great!

Here is a little prayer, that I have said to myself and I wanted to share it with you all here

Enjoy

Make my mind to come alive today
To the invisible geography
That invites me to new frontiers,
To break the dead shell of
yesterdays
To risk being disturbed and changed

May I have the courage today
To live the life that I love,
To postpone my dream no longer
But to do at last what I came here for
And waste my heart on fear
no more.

John O’Donahue
Old 06-17-2019, 10:12 PM
  # 169 (permalink)  

Beautiful amazing poem!

Ending my day 31, one official month, with 43 meetings in my spiritual bank account. Which is almost half my goal of 90 in 90.

Congrats pinky!! And everyone else!
Old 06-18-2019, 10:04 PM
  # 170 (permalink)  

Day 33, 44 mtgs in the bag. Im so friggin tired. My sponsor told me gonrest lol such a simple concept
Old 06-18-2019, 10:13 PM
  # 171 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by LiveLikeGold6 View Post
Beautiful amazing poem!

Ending my day 31, one official month, with 43 meetings in my spiritual bank account. Which is almost half my goal of 90 in 90.
Congrats! Great to see you so active in your recovery your hard work is certainly paying off!
Old 06-19-2019, 01:03 AM
  # 172 (permalink)  

Thank you NB. Life is still life but I am definitely in a grateful space and I just feel like this is my time to get sober get it right and work it. I was so tired heading to my meeting but i stayed an hour after the meet talking with a fellow addict, the meeting itself was great I made myself share even if just a small bit and i really just love other alcoholics lol. Some are sketchy as hell but for the most part i love other aa people and it feels like a big family trying to do the right thing and stick by each other.
Old 06-19-2019, 05:04 AM
  # 173 (permalink)  

Thank you NB. Life is still life but I am definitely in a grateful space and I just feel like this is my time to get sober get it right and work it. I was so tired heading to my meeting but i stayed an hour after the meet talking with a fellow addict, the meeting itself was great I made myself share even if just a small bit and i really just love other alcoholics lol. Some are sketchy as hell but for the most part i love other aa people and it feels like a big family trying to do the right thing and stick by each other.
Yeah life is still life! Great thing now is we can start living it instead of running away from it. Was never going to work through my issues while using and really starting to do that now!
Old 06-21-2019, 06:39 AM
  # 174 (permalink)  

Figured I would pop in! Day 42 and still going strong my brain seems to be recovering nicely!
Old 06-22-2019, 01:42 AM
  # 175 (permalink)  

Thats amazing NB. What methods are you using in your program of recovery? Your signature quote is right on!

Ending day 35 with 48 meetings down. Meeting my sponsor tomorrow. Praying for acceptance. Night all.
Old 06-22-2019, 05:01 PM
  # 176 (permalink)  
Ismilealot

Hello!

I’m on Day 42 sober. Nice to meet you all 😊
Old 06-23-2019, 11:03 AM
  # 177 (permalink)  

Thats amazing NB. What methods are you using in your program of recovery? Your signature quote is right on!

Ending day 35 with 48 meetings down. Meeting my sponsor tomorrow. Praying for acceptance. Night all.
Have just been using this site. Taking long walks to figure out my issues and such have come a long way unraveling the mystery that all start with a big bang snort snort! Glad you are doing well. This site has been a real godsend to me reading topics and being able to stay active in recovery.
Old 06-23-2019, 01:42 PM
  # 178 (permalink)  

Just stopping in to say hello. Today makes 33 days drink free for me. I have so many wonderful and positive things to look forward to-a new house, getting to decorate said house, and most of all more time with my girls.

Today has been one of the hardest days I’ve had. I just cannot shake the blues. Hoping that these feelings will fade. Tomorrow brings another day and for that I’m thankful.
Old 06-24-2019, 06:49 PM
  # 179 (permalink)  
Administrator

welcome Ismilealot

congrats on the recovery numbers guys

D
Old 06-27-2019, 07:02 PM
  # 180 (permalink)  

I'm sort of jealous of all the folks that can stay sober with SR alone lol. Good vibes friends. I need my face to face time with other alcoholics for whatever reason. But I also really need SR too. I'm realizing keeping at my sobriety, and keeping my sobriety in the center of my life means ALL OF THE FOLLOWING: SR at least every other day, meetings at least every other day, prayer no matter how small DAILY, and contact with other folks in recovery DAILY.

Day 41 and the gift my sobriety has brought me is relief from my pain much sooner than if I wasn't sober. I'm minute by minute sometimes and thats OK. I get to take this thing minute by minute. I know I'm an alcoholic and I also know that drinking alcohol just isn't the answer anymore. I'd rather have cheesecake, a good cry, and connection with another alcoholic or addict Love to all!