congrats on day 29 Strawberry
Hi LLG

D
Old 05-29-2019, 01:23 AM
  # 82 (permalink)  
The Little Alcoholic Monstress That Could

Go Strawberry!!

im reading a little gem called Living Sober

i read this when i was 23 and managed 9 months of sobriety!
Old 05-29-2019, 02:15 AM
  # 83 (permalink)  

Congrats on 29 Strawberry! Congrats on 44 Caprice!

Day 7 here. Not much to say this morning. Just riding out the heat. Today will be 4 straight days over 100. I would think those kind of temps will even lessen the crowds at Disney World

Have a great day!
Old 05-29-2019, 03:30 AM
  # 84 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by LiveLikeGold6 View Post
Ben- that would **** me off too. But im easily angered n thats no good in sobriety so im working on that.

bobdrop- that was a nice silver lining to that extreme heat

dee- thanks for always cheering us on

santi- omg im 32 and i would get botox if i wanted to spend the money. I have 3 fine lines of my forehead that definitely bother me. My doc says it’s because im dehydrated lol

i was perusing a bookstore and came across a cartoonish book entitled “ how not to help yourself.” At first I thought it was truly supporting what I normally do like isolating staying home not asking people for help or to hang out etc. but then I realized it was sarcastic and I was like oh no I can’t let this be me! So little by little I want to work on putting myself out there a little bit more. Still in that happy phase right now, Still decided that alcohol has no place in my body and that the next drink could be the one that sends me over the edge and Lord knows I don’t want to know what that looks like.
The guy who cuts my hair (he's 30), has had "preventative botox"!!!! At least that's what he called it!!! As I'm about to be 47, I think it's probably a bit too late!!! Alcohol really dehydrates you and this has an impact on the skin, yet another reason not to drink!
Old 05-29-2019, 03:35 AM
  # 85 (permalink)  

Day 10 and feeling good, been to gym and meeting up with sponsor later before a meeting. Happy days! X
Old 05-29-2019, 04:24 AM
  # 86 (permalink)  

Hi

Hi everyone,

Just a quick message to say hello. I hope you are all having a good Wednesday.

I wanted to share what is happening to me with hobbies and new experiences. My danger time is when I'm alone and am tempted to pop into a bar for "just the one." To begin with, during my first week of being alcohol free, I filled my time with as much as I could, anything to prevent going for that famous "one" drink that we have all intended to have. Now it's kind of flipped. I mean in the sense that before I was filling time to avoid drinking and now I don't want to drink because if I drink it will lead to a wasted day with a hangover and I won't be able to do all these things I'm doing. I've reached a month sober now and hope that those of you a bit earlier in the process get to this stage soon, the stage of being protective over the things you can do when hangover free, it really has strengthened my willpower.

Caprice- here in Madrid you can take dogs on the Metro (just the front and back carriage I think). Plus regulations have changed so that dogs can go into shops and even coffee places (I have to admit that I'm less keen on that). There's also something cute at my supermarket that you might like (will post a photo soon)!

Have a great day everyone!!
Old 05-29-2019, 05:32 AM
  # 87 (permalink)  

Day 19 here and the further I get from alcohol and drugs the more I realize how severe my mental issues are that have been masked for years. Not to mention how insane the things I did when drinking really were. While I will not be returning to drinking as I am now strong enough to fight urges it has become extremely unpleasant. Paranoia, feeling people are talking about me anxiety and such, I am sure the next few months are going to be one hell of a ride.
Old 05-29-2019, 09:48 AM
  # 88 (permalink)  

Day 4. Had another terrible day. At work and worried about Junior RAL too. Feel so on edge. I know this is normal and I will start to feel better in the next few days but it's so frustrating and feel just rubbish.
Old 05-29-2019, 11:08 AM
  # 89 (permalink)  

Hi all,

The people here are crazy. This guy bought a (1) basketball ticket for $70K for the finals. Mind blown.

Hair still grey and violet, some like it and it will get better, after a few washes and sun, they say.

Day 45.
Old 05-29-2019, 11:22 AM
  # 90 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Caprice6 View Post
Hi all,

The people here are crazy. This guy bought a (1) basketball ticket for $70K for the finals. Mind blown.

Hair still grey and violet, some like it and it will get better, after a few washes and sun, they say.

Day 45.
Poor guy probably did not have the money to invest in art instead..."Showing the transformative nature of the artistic process, a 10-year-old laptop infected with six of the most malicious computer viruses in the world has been sold at auction for $1.345 million."
Old 05-29-2019, 03:25 PM
  # 91 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome GooseMoose - I posted before but the post seems to be lost in the ether

Congrats to everyone on your milestones today no matter what it is

D
Old 05-29-2019, 11:15 PM
  # 92 (permalink)  

Day 5. finally feel I've got through the worst of it. let it be the last time I do this.

I need a good plan. Will power alone isn't enough. I read something interesting yesterday-will power is soluble in alcohol. I like that.

Going to make better food choices today as my blood sugar is crazy with chocolate etc.

Had a week All Inclusive holiday booked for July. Although I had a week away in Feb without drinking I did drink over Easter and have had many problems over the years with holidays breaking sobriety stints over the last 3 years.

So I've cancelled it and going to go on a road trip in this country instead. I'm getting quite excited now. Feeling positive and something to plan and look forward to.

Hope everyone has a good day and congrats to all on your day counts.
Old 05-29-2019, 11:37 PM
  # 93 (permalink)  
Administrator

I still like the ideas in this link RAL:

https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums...very-plan.html (What exactly is a recovery plan?)

D
Old 05-29-2019, 11:46 PM
  # 94 (permalink)  

Thanks Dee, I'll have a good look at this after work and will get to work on my plan this weekend. Thanks for your help.
Old 05-30-2019, 12:01 AM
  # 95 (permalink)  
The Little Alcoholic Monstress That Could

Good going RAL. Ive also got a weeklong holiday coming up and I’m going go use it as a chance to get uninterrupted sleep, plant myself in a cafe or on a beach and read a bunch of books. Binge reading, sleeping, and a bit of walking and eating sounds so nice right now.

my kids are off to their dads this Saturday so that’ll be the time to really stick close. I will not give in. The living sober book says eat something gooey when a craving hits. I will tell anyone trying to persuade me go go out that i still have my kids. If needed i will go get a slice of top notch cheesecake, and ive mapped out 2 meetings for Saturday and 1 for Sunday. This time, i want to enter the room not in shame, but in understanding that just about everyone there has or is thinking about admitting that they just cannot drink alcohol anymore or they will seriously eff up their lives. And maybe just maybe I’ll start asking around for a sponsor.

night all.
Old 05-30-2019, 12:25 AM
  # 96 (permalink)  

Great plan for the weekend LLG. I hope you have a peaceful and relaxing weekend.
Old 05-30-2019, 01:29 AM
  # 97 (permalink)  

Loved reading everyone's thoughts, plans and actions. We are such a strong group! So proud of everyone here; lets make June even better.
Old 05-30-2019, 02:47 AM
  # 98 (permalink)  

Good morning all. Day 8 here. I have been reading in this group with great interest this morning. The people that are making plans for time alone or vacations or whatever times you see as difficult. Well, I knew that I was going to have time in about a month where I would be alone without the accountability, but last night, I found out that in 2 weeks, I'm going to have 2 more days when Mrs. Bob is going to be out of town. It is already getting me concerned. After my last episode, I decided that when this comes up, I would go to AA meetings when she is gone. I know this is what I need to do, but I'm already wobbly. Thank God I've got 2 weeks to get it right in my head.

OK, enough of that. The lady Gators start play in the college world series tonight and I can't wait Gator baseball starts ncaa tournament play tomorrow night.

Have a great day everyone!
Old 05-30-2019, 02:52 AM
  # 99 (permalink)  
Administrator

The best way to handle it is make your recovery unconditional Bob.
Stay sober because you deserve to be that way, or if this way works - act as if all your acts are piubic.

Do nothing you'd be ashamed of.

D
Old 05-30-2019, 04:26 AM
  # 100 (permalink)  

I really think this will be my crossroad. Nothing else really bothers me anymore, but the idea of self destructive behavior when left alone is still very strong.