Notices

Class of May 2019 Part 2

Old 05-26-2019, 03:34 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Good morning all. Day 4 here. It was amazing how many people last night at the party don't recognize that they are alcoholics. Well, the Lady Gators lost in extra innings, so they play today in the deciding game to go to the college world series. I guess Toronto won?

Today's plan is to get out and work in the yard again until it gets too hot.

Welcome back Ready.
Old 05-26-2019, 04:56 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Day 16 just checking in
Old 05-26-2019, 06:28 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Lazy Sunday

Hi everbody!

How's Sunday going for everyone?

5upersonic, Be123, ReadyAtLast , Hopingwishing. Well done for getting through the first few days. For me, just thinking about getting through one day at a time worked well. That way you do it in small chunks and can feel good at the end of each day when you go to bed sober and then even better when you wake up without a hangover.

Bob. How was the graduation party? I hope you had fun. Sounds pretty hot there! In Madrid it's a nice sunny day today and we're getting up to 28 degrees which I think is 82 in your system.

Caprice. I missed it! In fact I got home at about 1.30am, just when the game must have been starting but didn't logon here. I had a quiet night (1.30am sounds late, but here it isn't), just a bit of pizza in a great Italian place near where I live and a couple of drinks, non-alcoholic beer for me and wine for my friends. With that drinks pattern now set, it's becoming to feel normal. I had a lot of fun. In fact I normally enjoy myself when I go out with friends, whether I drink or not, which makes me wonder why I always go back to it. I think I'm just too stubborn and can't accept that there's something in my life that I can't control, something that I can't beat. In reality I need to change the way I look at it. I think I'm starting to understand that I don't need to beat it, I just need to walk away from it.

Anyway, back to basketball!! I was a bit confused at first, because you've spoken about Raptors and Dinosaurs and then I googled Toronto Raptors and saw the symbol of the team and so the Dinosaurs bit made sense!! I've just watched the hightlights on YouTube. Very dramatic! I can just imagine the buzz in the streets after the game!!!!

Ah, as we are all talking about ages, my turn. The 27 in Santi27 unfortunately isn't my age but the year I was born. No!!! Not 1927, I was born in 1972 and put 72 in reverse. I'm 47 next month. I've not been tempted by Botox, I thought I'd see how I look at 50! Haahahah! Though from what you say, it doesn't sound good. Anyway, the fact that we are not drinking alcohol means that we are more hydrated and that is good for the skin. Staying alcohol free is better than having botox.

It's been a quiet day for me today. I went out to vote this morning and am now looking at invoices and receipts to get ready to do my annual tax return. Not the most interesting thing, but the sooner I do it, the sooner I'll get any refund that the government owes me!
Old 05-26-2019, 06:31 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by bobdrop View Post
Good morning all. Day 4 here. It was amazing how many people last night at the party don't recognize that they are alcoholics. Well, the Lady Gators lost in extra innings, so they play today in the deciding game to go to the college world series. I guess Toronto won?

Today's plan is to get out and work in the yard again until it gets too hot.

Welcome back Ready.
Sorry, Bob. I've only just seen this (I asked in my post how the party was). Glad you had fun. Yes, when I don't drink I always feel embarrassed for people who I see drunk. It's also a bit of a wake up call as to how I must look when in that state.

Have a productive day in your yard.
Old 05-26-2019, 08:30 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Nearing the end of day 2, feeling quite run down, and still mild cold sweats on n off, but feeling as positive as can be at this stage. Drinking water trying to clean by body out as well , will report again in the morning.
Old 05-26-2019, 09:23 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Hi all evening of day 7 here, quiet day but went to a meeting last night and felt good and did reading there no problem,but anxiety has struck from somewhere today d​​espite a good sleep and am pensive about the meeting I'm going to tonight.........
Old 05-26-2019, 09:43 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  

struggling already since 5pm here. This is why it's so important not to have alcohol in the house. If I had some I would drink it. Eating now instead and settling down to watch a new TV drama. And breathe.
Old 05-26-2019, 09:50 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ReadyAtLast View Post
struggling already since 5pm here. This is why it's so important not to have alcohol in the house. If I had some I would drink it. Eating now instead and settling down to watch a new TV drama. And breathe.
Alcohol in the house is the biggest mistake we can make.

Enjoy the tv show and I hope you can relax.
Old 05-26-2019, 10:11 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  

thanks santi, totally agree with you,
Old 05-26-2019, 10:19 AM
  # 30 (permalink)  

6.15 here, sitting in a chair feeling well fed of nice food.

Good day - no. Not really. But it was ok, nothing terrible happened. Just feeling anxious and that’s just a temporary feeling.

Ill watch more box sets tonight (would you believe I’m so behind I’m watching series one of line of duty!) then bed. I may not sleep well but that’s ok, I’ll be sober

Old 05-26-2019, 10:22 AM
  # 31 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Be123 View Post
6.15 here, sitting in a chair feeling well fed of nice food.

Good day - no. Not really. But it was ok, nothing terrible happened. Just feeling anxious and that’s just a temporary feeling.

Ill watch more box sets tonight (would you believe I’m so behind I’m watching series one of line of duty!) then bed. I may not sleep well but that’s ok, I’ll be sober

Your day and evening sound much like mine Line of Duty is fabulous and Series 1 is brilliant - enjoy I just got Series 4 this week
Old 05-26-2019, 12:37 PM
  # 32 (permalink)  

High Park itrailing it n the City of Toronto - you'd be surprised at the forestry in the city and numerous parks and dog beaches. Love it here for the dog friendliness, they even get to ride on the streetcars, subways and buses in city for free.
over 3 years ago, that made up my mind 9f where to go next between somewhere in BC and here.
BC came close, but my 2 dogs at the time were a factor to work as a guide (on horses) in the back mountains, so it made it impossible.
So far,So I've been nothing but pleasantly surprised and with the biggest city in the country in exceeding my expectations. Right call for once, perhaps.
Old 05-26-2019, 01:21 PM
  # 33 (permalink)  

]http:// [/url]
Old 05-26-2019, 01:33 PM
  # 34 (permalink)  

They sure look like happy pups! Took a walk through Central Park today, don't have quite the same nature scene but was nice.
Old 05-26-2019, 02:42 PM
  # 35 (permalink)  

]Guess who turned up? Say NO to BEAGLES [/url]
Old 05-26-2019, 02:44 PM
  # 36 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Newbeginning421 View Post
They sure look like happy pups! Took a walk through Central Park today, don't have quite the same nature scene but was nice.
Thanks! We finally have a full sunny day around these parts, we were due.

I remember going to NYC and Central Park and a club called "The Tunnel." Does it still exist?That night, unbeknownst to us 5 skinny white kids, it was hip hop black people night. We never looked so out of place, but I was 19 (the youngest of the group and underaged ) and only one who didn't get asked for my ID (I breezed by like I owned the place, what a relief to get pass) by these both male and female 6'5 bouncers. We did get strip searched though for weapons and/or drugs.
Oh, there was one guy with us that was half black and well enough built. I'd pretend and say, "I'm with him." when shown interest, and he'd signal and pretend he didn't know me and say "nooo." Iol, it was a crazy night.
It was one of the best times I recall going there overall. Had a lot of fun.
Old 05-26-2019, 02:56 PM
  # 37 (permalink)  

Checking out on day 1. Dont expect to get much/any sleep but at least i won't have a hangover in the morning.Good night all.
Old 05-26-2019, 03:11 PM
  # 38 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Caprice6 View Post
Thanks! We finally have a full sunny day around these parts, we were due.

I remember going to NYC and Central Park and a club called "The Tunnel." Does it still exist?That night, unbeknownst to us 5 skinny white kids, it was hip hop black people night. We never looked so out of place, but I was 19 (the youngest of the group and underaged ) and only one who didn't get asked for my ID (I breezed by like I owned the place, what a relief to get pass) by these both male and female 6'5 bouncers. We did get strip searched though for weapons and/or drugs.
Oh, there was one guy with us that was half black and well enough built. I'd pretend and say, "I'm with him." when shown interest, and he'd signal and pretend he didn't know me and say "nooo." Iol, it was a crazy night.
It was one of the best times I recall going there overall. Had a lot of fun.
Have never been there but just googled it and it is no longer. Was this the bouncer? Actor Vin Diesel once worked as a bouncer at Tunnel according to wiki ha
Old 05-26-2019, 03:13 PM
  # 39 (permalink)  

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tunnel...ork_nightclub)The Tunnel Nightclub
4.7 stars
(10)
Night club in New York City, New York

doesn't exist anymore...and yes there were a lot of drugs circulating...
Old 05-26-2019, 03:32 PM
  # 40 (permalink)  

Hi everyone
Just popping in to say hi and offer some words of encouragement
And congratulations on taking the steps to a sober life. And congratulations for every single sober day you have achieved. Every day sober is a fantastic achievement

I’m from the class of May 2018 and I still remember those early days of trying to stop drinking every morning, then caving in and buying wine after work every afternoon. It was a vicious and relentless cycle of drink, hangover, drink to ease the hangover, another hangover, drink .... etc I tried and tried and tried to get off the merry go round so many times but kept on spinning out of control.

Then I joined SR and started reading and posting. Every day, multiple times a day. I found so much support here. Every time I was tempted to drink I’d come here. I drank lots of water and juice and took multivitamins. Ate healthy food (and rewarded my abstinence from alcohol with some sweet treats in the evenings). I rewarded myself each month with a treat like a haircut or a massage or a new shirt. The first days and weeks were awful as my body adjusted after years of alcohol misuse. But it gets better! It really gets soooo much better. Please don’t give up. I drank daily and heavily for 30+ years. I’ve now been free of alcohol for a year. You can do it too. Hang in there, it really is worth it. My life is on track and I’m healthier than I’ve been in years.

One day at a time, you’ve got this!
Love from Willow ❤️