Notices

24 Hour Recovery Connections Part 443

Old 05-22-2019, 03:01 PM
  # 461 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Endoftheday View Post
24 hours please
Oh my gosh...what would I do without kenton? Well, thank God I don't have to find that out.....every day I have been thinking of you love and hoping to see you....never left you off the list.....and here you are....so happy.

Here for you all the way. Massive hugs. ♥♥

And kenton honey....I think you are doing amazingly well on every level. ♥♥
Old 05-22-2019, 03:02 PM
  # 462 (permalink)  

With those horrible beer kegs still floating in my subconscious I must be ultra wary of sacrificial slips.............23/5/19 (6)
P.S. If that sounds a bit crazy it's not as crazy as drinking.
Old 05-22-2019, 03:06 PM
  # 463 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by abcowboy View Post
“Important changes take time, and this requires a lot of patience and perseverance. It also requires a big dose of kindness, not only to others but to oneself.” - Dolores Ayotte

5:45am in Alberta, I'll have another 24 please, and thanks...

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
As a collector of all manner of quotes I find that Dolores Ayotte one really good.
Old 05-22-2019, 03:10 PM
  # 464 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Chaisson View Post
Sign me up, 24 please.

ABC, I tell myself the words from that quote all the time. Nice to see it attributed to someone. And thanks for the daily dose you provide.

Enjoy the day all.
ABC? A better contentment/?
Old 05-22-2019, 03:10 PM
  # 465 (permalink)  

Thanks Hevyn! I just fell asleep watching Game of Thrones.. how can that happen? I love Game of Thrones.....I love the twists and turns of the plot.... the clever dialogue...... the dragons and then zzzzzzzz. I must be shattered. Off to bed..... to dream about dragons and white walkers and characters with names I can never remember. Nite nite SR family xxxx
Old 05-22-2019, 03:15 PM
  # 466 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by kenton View Post
Thanks Hevyn! I just fell asleep watching Game of Thrones.. how can that happen? I love Game of Thrones.....I love the twists and turns of the plot.... the clever dialogue...... the dragons and then zzzzzzzz. I must be shattered. Off to bed..... to dream about dragons and white walkers and characters with names I can never remember. Nite nite SR family xxxx
Thanks for that note to all of us. Such dedication sets a fine example of patience, caring, and self and other person realization. Well done!
Old 05-22-2019, 03:30 PM
  # 467 (permalink)  

Ahhh, thanks Bubovski! And thanks Suze. Love you guys. Crazy to think Thursday morning is already happening for Bubovski, Suze still has hours of Wednesday left and I'm somewhere in between. No matter where or when we are, we're all united here. Seriously need to sleep, I'm rambling. Nite xxxx
Old 05-22-2019, 04:08 PM
  # 468 (permalink)  

Good evening,

Mother still in ICU—will be until at least this weekend. I am not going to worry too much about that. She’s surprised them by pulling through, and she is so weak that it is the perfect place for her to be, with kind,caring doctors and nurses watching everything closely. I could easily be overwhelmed by this, or hold on to the slow improvements and be grateful. Each day it gets a tiny bit better. This isn’t going away overnight. Always have to stay in the day. She actually stood up with lots of help from PT and can sit in a chair. Septic shock is major stuff. Faith and patience.. I trust this team and they adore her. We all do.

I’m very unproductive at work but that’s ok. As long as I do a bit and show up that’s enough for this week.

Pizza. It’s a quasi-healthy one.

24 with love and hope.

Xx
Old 05-22-2019, 04:16 PM
  # 469 (permalink)  

So this means she is drinking again yes? And able to eat or drink protein drinks? Gosh, miracle after miracle. I hear you....she is in the best possible place right now. More love and more prayers. xx ♥♥
Old 05-22-2019, 04:19 PM
  # 470 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by John65 View Post
Thank you Venus, as always it is much appreciated. I can't quite believe that I've made it to a year but I have!
Congratulations John! That’s wonderful
Old 05-22-2019, 04:37 PM
  # 471 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by venuscat View Post
So this means she is drinking again yes? And able to eat or drink protein drinks? Gosh, miracle after miracle. I hear you....she is in the best possible place right now. More love and more prayers. xx ♥♥
She’s been very nauseous and just started on liquids a little —hoping! No food yet but hopefully soon. You’re so kind to ask. You want them to get out of that environment but this came back so fast .. I think she needs to stay until she’s way stronger and eating.

I so appreciate the kind support and prayers. I have this routine now of being in my pajamas at 6pm on work/hospital days. On SR. It’s a bit of a boost but a break too..where I can refuel and reset. I’ve been reading a lot of recovery material the past couple days. I feel steady in that regard, but like I need to ramp it way up too.

Thank you so much
Old 05-22-2019, 06:01 PM
  # 472 (permalink)  

You are doing just what you need right now dear Red....please don't put any pressure on yourself to do more
You need some reserves of energy, if at all possible.....so rest where you can....know you are loved, and that there are many, many prayers going out for your beautiful mother. ♥♥
Old 05-22-2019, 06:26 PM
  # 473 (permalink)  

24 me! 924pm here. Really looking forward to a three day weekend. If I’m able, I think I’m going to get in a lot of yard work. I think a mountain lion could be hiding in my yard and I wouldn’t have a clue. Take care all.
Old 05-22-2019, 06:34 PM
  # 474 (permalink)  

Requesting another 24 hours for me please 🤗

Life is better being sober !!!! 😊

Continued Prayers to us all 🙏🏻 towards our amazing journey !!!

9:33pm EST here

Nite everyone 😴
Old 05-22-2019, 06:38 PM
  # 475 (permalink)  

Checking in for my 24. Changed my cell plan to a cheaper one to save some cash. I don't really need the mobile data cause I can't drive anywhere
Old 05-22-2019, 06:39 PM
  # 476 (permalink)  

May I please have another 24 hours with a side of solutions? Thank you.
Old 05-22-2019, 06:49 PM
  # 477 (permalink)  

Prayers rbj
Old 05-22-2019, 07:13 PM
  # 478 (permalink)  
2Cor5:17

Hi friends?
@ least I have Purp agrees with me bout sales; thanks V for helping me
Kenton I tried watching couple episodes of GoT but was soon disinterested ; my brother loves it though. Friend suggested I watch Jack Ryan so I’ll check it out tomorrow
Off to bed & hoping to start working nine hr shifts instead of twelve
In for 24
Old 05-22-2019, 07:14 PM
  # 479 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by whopper View Post
Checking in for my 24. Changed my cell plan to a cheaper one to save some cash. I don't really need the mobile data cause I can't drive anywhere
Hi Whopper,
I didn't have a car for the last 3 years that I drank. Not a big deal because my sick brain told me --- Hey Now Bobbi... you can drink at night with no guilt. You can't be asked to be responsible because you don't have a car TO drive responsibly OR in any kind of state! YIPPIE!

Well, finally I went into Rehab for a month. Still no car. And now I wanted one, but we couldn't afford it is yet. I wanted to keep my sobriety and I wanted & needed those AA Mtgs. How do I get there though??

So, at 55 years old. I got onboard a public bus for the 1st time in my life. My unfounded fears were erased. I met some regulars and I got to my meetings 4 days a week for those first 6 months. By then we were able to get a car for me.

That's my Share, thanks for reading Whopper.

Bobbi
Old 05-22-2019, 07:19 PM
  # 480 (permalink)  

Keeping you in my thoughts as well RBJ, and sending you strength. ❤️

In for another 24 at 10:19pm.