Notices

24 Hour Recovery Connections Part 443

Old 05-20-2019, 03:53 AM
  # 321 (permalink)  

hugs NMD, pick yourself up, dust yourself down, draw a line under it and move on. Today's a new day, you can do this.

24 more for me please. Much love to you all. xx
Old 05-20-2019, 04:00 AM
  # 322 (permalink)  

Monday 24 request at 6:59am. Thanks!
Old 05-20-2019, 04:15 AM
  # 323 (permalink)  
No quitting on yer quit eh!

"Every thought you think either builds or tears down. Positive thoughts build - negative thoughts tear down." - George Matthew Adams

5:15am in Alberta, another 24 please, and thanks...

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
Old 05-20-2019, 04:17 AM
  # 324 (permalink)  

Signing up for 24 hours drink and drug free. 7:17am in Jacksonville, Florida.

Congratulations to all celebrating milestones today!!
Old 05-20-2019, 04:31 AM
  # 325 (permalink)  

Happy Monday everyone!

Hello Bailey,how are you and how's everything going with your lovely dog? Hello zoeydog, FormerBeerLover, ChloeRose, stargazer,tgirl, gatorman and Daisybelle - hope you are all well and have a wonderful day. Congratulations with a side of apology for being late - Guener- one year is awesome! Hello Goose, always want to ask about your wife. She continues to be in my prayers and I hope she is doing well. Have you seen any interesting planets recently, Goose? You are always the best at spotting planets. CK! - it is always marvellous looking in my rear view mirror and seeing your happy koala face smiling at me. Lets keep this month between us forever!! Phoenix- how are you? Hope you are continuing you recover well from your recent surgery. You inspire me everyday. Purplrks - thank you for all the animal pics - I show them to my kids and it makes them think I'm cool.... well, slightly more cool than usual! Well done for coming straight back nmd, as your signature says, 'never give up' xx Always good to see you 1newcreation, - hope your back is ok and people at work are kind.... and if they're not kind, I hope you find the strength in your faith to forgive them and not allow them to disturb your internal peace xxxGabe!- so great to see you posting and sounding so positive and happy. You too, Pinky huge congratulations on 3 weeks. Listae- good for you for asking the question and seeking 'emotional sobriety'. Echoing what others have said, those who can truly moderate their drinking don't tend to spend time on this site. They're not even aware they are moderating their drinking. It's far easier for people like us not to drink than it is for us to try (and inevitably) fail to moderate. You're doing awesome Listae …. keep going with the quest for emotional sobriety xxx Thanks Mags for being you - a ray of experience, calmness and sunshine every day whatever the weather. Hello Coldfusion- love your avatar! Lilian- congratulations on 9 months. That's fantastic. I hope you are doing well. I think of you (and your strength) often. Inspiring. Hi BarbieKen! - love your avatar photo too. Happy, positive, full of joy. Awesome. Hope everything is ok with you Whopper. Thinking of you. Hello dpac, truenewgirl, Kane, Aussieblue, Upstairs - wishing you all a fantastic day. Sorry to hear you're feeling lonely lately goodbyeevan- good thing about feelings is that they never last. And I'm the queen of feeling like a failure. I've failed at so many things. Too many to count. But these days, whenever the familiar sinking feeling of failure arrives, I put my hand on my heart to comfort myself and remind myself that I'm good enough. My standards and achievements may not be as stratospheric as the next person's but I'm doing ok. I'm allowed to be human. We're all flawed. Thank goodness. Sometimes it's the flaws that make us truly unique. Stay strong goodbyeevan xxx Well done for coming back Bubovski - great to see you. And Dee! You administrator you!! Congratulations. Thanks for all you do. I wouldn't have got this far in my sobriety if it wasn't for you, Dee. I'm so grateful. Beyond grateful to you. Suze, - what can I say?? Thank you. For your compassion, your love, your support, your interest in my life. I love you. We all love you xxx Hevyn, hello! Our love of yellow Labradors unites our souls forever, wherever we may be. Hope you have a fantastic day Hevyn - thank you for your love and support. Hello Citrus and Hats and Olivedog and Katlin! - love to you all. And Sweetpeacan - so happy things are going so well with you and your husband. Keep going to your meetings, stay strong, stay sober and trust in the universe. It's all going to be ok xxErfra - I love the messages you send to me. You are such an authentic, caring soul and I'm so happy to know you. Badge! - my buddy from the nobenders days. Hope everything is going well with you Badge xx Not long now until you celebrate one year Tynesider!!Good for you xxxZeppodog - another inspiration. So happy things are going so well for you. Hello Chaisson - thanks for all your posts - I always look forward to reading them. Yukonm - you inspire me everyday as do you Neoo - hope the wedding plans are going well. I miss your jokes but I get that you're busy. Always good to see you Neoo. Thank you for the daily quotes Abcowboy - I often quote them to people at work and now people think I'm rather wise!!! Which is hilarious. Almost as hilarious as my kids thinking I'm cool!!!Minion!- you rock. And not just because you're called Minion. I love your posts - I love your ability to see the positive in any situation. Keep doing that Minion, your positivity is infectious. Kris and Soberleigh- legends of the thread. Love you both so much. You're always there with guidance and support, whenever I need it. Thank you xxx Willow- you're such an incredible soul. Your strength and empathy shine so bright I can see them from here. And I'm in an office in London with very few windows (pretending to work) and you're in Australia so yeah, that is some brightness. Red- I continue to pray for you and your family and send so much love your way. Crossyourheart- blessyourheart for being you. I always look forward to your posts too. Thank you. Delilah - you are such a wonderful mum and such a wonderful person. Another inspiration. Thank you Delilah. Hello Caramel and JulietUK!- Always love seeing you two. Wishing you both a wonderful day. Wishing everyone a wonderful day. Lets stay strong, stay sober and deal with whatever life throws our way. Together. 24 more for me please xxxx
Old 05-20-2019, 04:43 AM
  # 326 (permalink)  

That must have took you an age to type up Kenton, but a very nice post it is. Thank you.

That's what I love about SR, we're a team, we have each others backs, we keep an eye on each other.

Good people of SR, may I have another 24 of those lovely hours please.
Old 05-20-2019, 04:55 AM
  # 327 (permalink)  

Good morning. Need 24 more please. Had such great weather over the weekend and didn't want it to end.

Now reality and dealing with some heavy work stress through Wed so counting the minutes! It will all be fine though. Somehow over time I've developed perspective that alcohol took or completely muddled.

Kenton, great thoughtful post. I'd read your novels!

Revving up, enjoy the kickoff to your week!
Old 05-20-2019, 05:10 AM
  # 328 (permalink)  

Good morning US east side here!! Wishing the best of days to all of you! Remember even in struggles we are strong, we can, and we will! 24 more for me today and I extend my hand to all of you(only have one cause God is holding my other! An extended hand grabs another and another and we repeat-all connected, walking life together!
Kenton- your post is absolutely awesome, a true example of one hand holding another and so on! Thank you for encouraging me today!
Red-continued prayers and an extended hand to you!
Have a great start of the week folks! I love you all and pray often for you all! Just for TODAY!💕
Old 05-20-2019, 05:11 AM
  # 329 (permalink)  
Administrator

Thank you kenton

congrats to everyone celebrating a milestone today

D
Old 05-20-2019, 05:13 AM
  # 330 (permalink)  

Old 05-20-2019, 05:51 AM
  # 331 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Chaisson View Post
Good morning. Need 24 more please. Had such great weather over the weekend and didn't want it to end.

Now reality and dealing with some heavy work stress through Wed so counting the minutes! It will all be fine though. Somehow over time I've developed perspective that alcohol took or completely muddled.

Kenton, great thoughtful post. I'd read your novels!

Revving up, enjoy the kickoff to your week!
Isn't that just the most wonderful thing?
It is because you did all of the work love....you made this change in perspective happen.

Hoping the stress isn't too bad....bring on Wednesday.
Old 05-20-2019, 05:57 AM
  # 332 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by listae View Post
Thanks for the reminders SR friends. Also, I'd like to experience what they call "emotional sobriety" not just "not drinking." Peace and love. 24 more 2:09 AM EST.
You will dear listae, I promise.
I know it took me a while to truly feel that.....I understand now why they call us babies still under 5 years in AA ....it is such a huge journey....so much change.

But I look at/listen to Bobbie and Hev and least, and so many other wonderful women (and men) here, and I hear the peace and the joy that they have found in sobriety. Peace that lasts. Isn't that just fantastic?
Old 05-20-2019, 05:58 AM
  # 333 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by nmd View Post
In for 24hours, back to day 1. May 20
Monday is a great day to start again.....let's do this nmd!
Sending you love. ♥♥
Old 05-20-2019, 06:17 AM
  # 334 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by kenton View Post
Happy Monday everyone!

Hello Bailey,how are you and how's everything going with your lovely dog? Hello zoeydog, FormerBeerLover, ChloeRose, stargazer,tgirl, gatorman and Daisybelle - hope you are all well and have a wonderful day. Congratulations with a side of apology for being late - Guener- one year is awesome! Hello Goose, always want to ask about your wife. She continues to be in my prayers and I hope she is doing well. Have you seen any interesting planets recently, Goose? You are always the best at spotting planets. CK! - it is always marvellous looking in my rear view mirror and seeing your happy koala face smiling at me. Lets keep this month between us forever!! Phoenix- how are you? Hope you are continuing you recover well from your recent surgery. You inspire me everyday. Purplrks - thank you for all the animal pics - I show them to my kids and it makes them think I'm cool.... well, slightly more cool than usual! Well done for coming straight back nmd, as your signature says, 'never give up' xx Always good to see you 1newcreation, - hope your back is ok and people at work are kind.... and if they're not kind, I hope you find the strength in your faith to forgive them and not allow them to disturb your internal peace xxxGabe!- so great to see you posting and sounding so positive and happy. You too, Pinky huge congratulations on 3 weeks. Listae- good for you for asking the question and seeking 'emotional sobriety'. Echoing what others have said, those who can truly moderate their drinking don't tend to spend time on this site. They're not even aware they are moderating their drinking. It's far easier for people like us not to drink than it is for us to try (and inevitably) fail to moderate. You're doing awesome Listae …. keep going with the quest for emotional sobriety xxx Thanks Mags for being you - a ray of experience, calmness and sunshine every day whatever the weather. Hello Coldfusion- love your avatar! Lilian- congratulations on 9 months. That's fantastic. I hope you are doing well. I think of you (and your strength) often. Inspiring. Hi BarbieKen! - love your avatar photo too. Happy, positive, full of joy. Awesome. Hope everything is ok with you Whopper. Thinking of you. Hello dpac, truenewgirl, Kane, Aussieblue, Upstairs - wishing you all a fantastic day. Sorry to hear you're feeling lonely lately goodbyeevan- good thing about feelings is that they never last. And I'm the queen of feeling like a failure. I've failed at so many things. Too many to count. But these days, whenever the familiar sinking feeling of failure arrives, I put my hand on my heart to comfort myself and remind myself that I'm good enough. My standards and achievements may not be as stratospheric as the next person's but I'm doing ok. I'm allowed to be human. We're all flawed. Thank goodness. Sometimes it's the flaws that make us truly unique. Stay strong goodbyeevan xxx Well done for coming back Bubovski - great to see you. And Dee! You administrator you!! Congratulations. Thanks for all you do. I wouldn't have got this far in my sobriety if it wasn't for you, Dee. I'm so grateful. Beyond grateful to you. Suze, - what can I say?? Thank you. For your compassion, your love, your support, your interest in my life. I love you. We all love you xxx Hevyn, hello! Our love of yellow Labradors unites our souls forever, wherever we may be. Hope you have a fantastic day Hevyn - thank you for your love and support. Hello Citrus and Hats and Olivedog and Katlin! - love to you all. And Sweetpeacan - so happy things are going so well with you and your husband. Keep going to your meetings, stay strong, stay sober and trust in the universe. It's all going to be ok xxErfra - I love the messages you send to me. You are such an authentic, caring soul and I'm so happy to know you. Badge! - my buddy from the nobenders days. Hope everything is going well with you Badge xx Not long now until you celebrate one year Tynesider!!Good for you xxxZeppodog - another inspiration. So happy things are going so well for you. Hello Chaisson - thanks for all your posts - I always look forward to reading them. Yukonm - you inspire me everyday as do you Neoo - hope the wedding plans are going well. I miss your jokes but I get that you're busy. Always good to see you Neoo. Thank you for the daily quotes Abcowboy - I often quote them to people at work and now people think I'm rather wise!!! Which is hilarious. Almost as hilarious as my kids thinking I'm cool!!!Minion!- you rock. And not just because you're called Minion. I love your posts - I love your ability to see the positive in any situation. Keep doing that Minion, your positivity is infectious. Kris and Soberleigh- legends of the thread. Love you both so much. You're always there with guidance and support, whenever I need it. Thank you xxx Willow- you're such an incredible soul. Your strength and empathy shine so bright I can see them from here. And I'm in an office in London with very few windows (pretending to work) and you're in Australia so yeah, that is some brightness. Red- I continue to pray for you and your family and send so much love your way. Crossyourheart- blessyourheart for being you. I always look forward to your posts too. Thank you. Delilah - you are such a wonderful mum and such a wonderful person. Another inspiration. Thank you Delilah. Hello Caramel and JulietUK!- Always love seeing you two. Wishing you both a wonderful day. Wishing everyone a wonderful day. Lets stay strong, stay sober and deal with whatever life throws our way. Together. 24 more for me please xxxx
So yes, the kenton posts need their own thread....seriously.

YOU ROCK GIRL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ♥♥♥♥♥
Old 05-20-2019, 06:23 AM
  # 335 (permalink)  

This is a list of everyone who posted their commitment to stay sober in the last
24 hours: 9 am EDT ~ 8.59 am EDT.

It is awesome to have every single one of you here with us!

1newcreation
abcowboy
ardy
Atlast9999
aussieblue
Awake61
Babs1234
Bailey3
badgerden
bandicoot2
BarbieKen
beerbgone
Bubovski
BuffyDog
Canadian Koala
CeeFarro
Chaisson
ChloeRose63
Citrus
Coco6054
Coldfusion
CrossYourHeart
Daisybelle
Dee74
Delilah1
dpac414
Endoftheday
erfra7
Fallow
Finalcall
FoieGras
FormerBeerLover
Gabe1980
gatorman
Gilmer ♥RIP♥
Goat
goodbyeevan
goose333
Guener
H379
Hats
Hawkeye13
Hevyn
Hopefully4me
itsmaria
jimmyJlover
joandmelandhan
John65
julietUK
katlin
Kaneda8888
kenton
kevlarsjal2
Kris47
Lascaux
least
LillianGish
lilymaz
listae
Lostmyoffswitch
lyddie
Mags1
Minion09
Neoo
Nic233
nmd
OliveDog
Optimist4ever57
PhoenixJ
Pinky1
Plenny
Purplrks3647
Quincy
quitter62
Rainman1
RedBerryJuniper
Saskia
Shilla
soberista
SoberLeigh
Soberwolf
Solarion
stargazer016
STHATHEMMAD
Sunflower79
Sunflowerlife
Sweetpeacan
tgirl
theVman31
time2LLL60
Timebuster
Tinker B
trudgingagain
TrueNewGirl
Tynesider22
Upstairs
vanaprastha
venuscat
Vinificent
WaterOx
whopper
wiscsober
Willow68
yukonm
Zanna
zeppodog
zoeydog

Onward together!

"Every thought you think either builds or tears down. Positive thoughts build - negative thoughts tear down." - George Matthew Adams

♥ thank you dear abcowboy: following your awesome quote with this one today.

May 20, 2019

Pinky1 ~ 3 weeks!
whopper ~ 8 months!
kevlarsjal2 ~ 2 years & 7 months!
Mags1 ~ 5 years & 10 months!

Old 05-20-2019, 06:37 AM
  # 336 (permalink)  

Great post Kenton Thank You
Old 05-20-2019, 06:42 AM
  # 337 (permalink)  

24 hours sober please.
Old 05-20-2019, 06:54 AM
  # 338 (permalink)  

24 more please & thanks.

Congrats Dee, Administrator Extraordinaire.

Originally Posted by kenton View Post
Happy Monday everyone!
And Sweetpeacan - so happy things are going so well with you and your husband. Keep going to your meetings, stay strong, stay sober and trust in the universe. It's all xx
Thanks Kenton, you told me it would be OK, didn't expect it to be quite this soon. I still have a way to go. Meetings & Keeping my head in recovery will be my no 1 priority a day at a time. Hope all good with you.

Suze, what can I say my friend, your support and belief in me... Means the world.

I keep saying this but once again Thank you 24'ers for the support, through this difficult time, you are all totally awesome.

Smart Recovery seems to be the way forward for me. Not sure how it'll mix with AA but I plan to go to an AA meeting I Love on Saturdays too. It's all recovery so I'm sure it'll be all good.

I am going to keep grounded, my hubby & I have a lot of talking to do & I must not forget without recovery I will have nothing.

Only downside of course is I have to start cooking again lol. No more microwave meals for me.

Congrats to milestoners and my thoughts and prayers to you if you are struggling or suffering today.

Much Love to you all, SP
Old 05-20-2019, 07:02 AM
  # 339 (permalink)  

Ahhh......but you have a ton of meals already frozen love
So that is awesome.....lots of time for recovery and walks with your lovely man and good conversation. s

With regard to recovery programs, well, there are always people in AA groups that will tell you "our way is the only way that works", and they want you to commit in the way that works for them.....but there are others, those of us who are not judgemental and dogmatic, and I know I personally believe that whatever works for you in recovery, that's fantastic. Mix it up as much as you like....my favourite AA saying is "take what you need, and leave the rest."

Love you dear Sweetpea. ♥♥
Old 05-20-2019, 08:29 AM
  # 340 (permalink)  

24 more, thanks