Notices

Class of July 2013 Part 58

Old 05-19-2019, 07:06 PM
  # 41 (permalink)  

Love to you and your wife, daughter and awesome doggie dear Bob!!
Old 05-19-2019, 09:36 PM
  # 42 (permalink)  
Magsie

Hi Bob, pleased you’re ok

Hi Julyers. Wishing peace and contentment for everybody.
Old 05-19-2019, 10:26 PM
  # 43 (permalink)  

Hi guys. I love it when I come back and have seen a post from everyone

PJ that is just such awesome news about your hand ,my friend. Not playing it down though because trapped nerves can be excruciatingly painful. I’m so thrilled you are on the mend xxx

Mags I’m glad that awful headache passed love. They are so debilitating, my Mum used to suffer with them. I’m lucky I’ve never been a headache person, but I can imagine it must be yuk.

Suze, I’m up late these days cos I just can’t sleep for worrying about Claire. I know it’s not going to change anything, but I can’t get past that despair in her voice when she told me. She has always been so positive but her news was so final .
It’s also not good when your doctor tells you it’s the worst and most painful cancer to get. If you get it, it the one you don’t want to have.

She was hoping for at least 5 years but when your doc says maybe 2 months...what do you do...what do you think...I know she had so many things she wanted to do. It’s just so bloody sad.

I would rather go like Gail’s partner just did. A bleed in the brain...kaput ...no lingering in agony.

Anyhow. They are not nice thoughts to have in the middle of the night, I can’t even imagine her nights.

57 is too young to die.

Gilmer was truly amazing you know. That beautiful woman had something special.
Her acceptance of her fate was not only amazing, but a true inspiration.
She was one of a kind.
Is it any wonder we all miss her.

Crois, I know you had mentioned things weren’t going as well previously, it still is always a surprise when things get final I spose.
I’m hoping your friends with cancer are doing well.
You seem to be in a great place mentally to handle things and your job keeps you busy. Do share tho if it gets too much,

I always feel better after purging my soul to you guys xxx

Croutie, sending you love sweetheart, you are always in my thoughts.
Big hugs to you and hubby.

Pete where are u buddy. Lulu, ladybug...

As always dear Dee , a huge hug to you lovely xxxxxx

Old 05-20-2019, 05:00 AM
  # 44 (permalink)  

Thanks again everyone for your support. Just taking it day by day at the moment.

I just need to re-align, think about new goals, journal my way through - as usual.

Of course, I cry my guts out at some point each day, but it passes and is a less shame-filled experience than drinking. I think how much I drowned by drinking in my last big break up, and for all the pain I feel now - I am feeling it now. It’s not delayed for years.
Old 05-20-2019, 05:07 AM
  # 45 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hope all the julyers have a better week.

D
Old 05-20-2019, 06:31 AM
  # 46 (permalink)  

Crying is cathartic....so it is useful as well as letting out all of the pain.
Sending you more love dear CW.

Hey Snoozums....I hear you.....and I understand.

You know....after everything I have been through so far in my life, I know that if I was dying I would treasure every minute like Kathy did....and well, I just feel the preciousness of life so acutely now.

Old 05-20-2019, 01:11 PM
  # 47 (permalink)  

prayers and support, CW
Old 05-20-2019, 11:23 PM
  # 48 (permalink)  
Magsie

Suze, yep! I agree with you.. I would too. ❤️

Hiya Julyers... Our month July is coming up soon. I’m looking forward to getting 6 years under my belt.
I remember when I reached 7 days sober. I thought it was amazing. I felt terrible inside as my body and brain was adjusting to this new way of living.
But slowly, it does get easier, with work and the right tools and we all know without them we can go back to square one.

I’m not prepared to give up my new life free from booze for nothing and if anyone is struggling to stop.....make a decision...decide you don’t drink anymore then find the tools to help you. They’re here, all around us, soaking up SR, read and learn until it becomes second nature. You won’t regret it.

Have a good day
Old 05-21-2019, 04:38 AM
  # 49 (permalink)  

Thanks PJ. I saw your kind post this morning and it means a lot that all of you have things on, but have sent support. A kind word does mean so much.

Mags, what date in July are you??

6 Years is a long time. Some days it didn’t even feel like I could live 6 more years. It’s a gift to get a second chance. It really is.
Old 05-21-2019, 09:24 AM
  # 50 (permalink)  
Magsie

CW, 20th July.
Old 05-21-2019, 01:39 PM
  # 51 (permalink)  

I’ll keep it on my radar.

A better morning today. I didn’t feel so bad. Thankfully, I kept a journal of things / our arguments to help me process them at the time. I looked back over then for the first time since January and it helps me to feel reassured I made the right decision.

Basically, he brought a lot of old stuff from his old relationship and projected it on to me. And I chose to think it would change. But it poisoned our relationship and how we dealt with issues. Error on both sides. I should have paused it when I saw some early signs, but even early on, didn’t want to face the pain of giving up, even though I probably knew better.

I went against my better judgement. Not to dismiss my own decision, but the relationship had a reason, but it was different for both of us.
Old 05-21-2019, 06:38 PM
  # 52 (permalink)  

More support and positive stuff to you CW.
Old 05-21-2019, 10:45 PM
  # 53 (permalink)  
Magsie

CW, it’s difficult two people sharing a life together. A lot of give and take is required and then, only if plenty of love is there.
I knew my first marriage was a big mistake. It took seven years to make a decision that I wanted to break up, and I’d managed to get a job that enabled me to support myself so we split and got a divorce a year later.
There was a lot of heart-wrenching and soul searching but I know it was the right thing to do in the end.
Old 05-22-2019, 01:10 AM
  # 54 (permalink)  

Thanks Mags, I think often for me even in bad relationships, there’s always sadness it didn’t work. Particularly as I’m older now, and a little wiser, I knew better in many ways, but sometimes it’s retrievable difference. But too many hurts I think have happened now, and with that, trust eroded. And once that starts to chip away, well...

Thanks PJ.

Going to be day by day at the moment. But that’s what we all have. Moment to moment - a choice to choose the next right thing to do.

Love to all.xx
Old 05-23-2019, 09:05 PM
  # 55 (permalink)  
Magsie

Morning Julyers

Hope it’s a good day wherever you are today. Bank holiday weekend in U.K. and Normanby Park Hall are having some festivities again. I think that includes food stalls and lots of entertainment for kids too!
Old 05-24-2019, 01:24 AM
  # 56 (permalink)  

Are you going, Mags?
Old 05-24-2019, 11:47 AM
  # 57 (permalink)  
Magsie

I’m not sure CW, we may have a walk around the stalls. It’s only just over a mile away from us, but sometimes the queuing is crazy to get in.

Is it bank holiday anywhere else this weekend?
Old 05-24-2019, 04:11 PM
  # 58 (permalink)  
Administrator

Memorial Day in the US I think but no holidays this weekend where I live

D
Old 05-24-2019, 05:32 PM
  # 59 (permalink)  

no holiday in South Aus either- BUT much needed rain.
Old 05-24-2019, 08:10 PM
  # 60 (permalink)  
Magsie

PJ, I’ll come do the rain dance!