Notices

Class of July 2013 Part 58

Old 07-27-2019, 09:17 PM
  # 321 (permalink)  

Heyyyyy! Congratulations Pete!!!

wow, she was in a hurry!

hope you are alll doing well!

congtats sober twin on 6 years!!! So very proud of you. I was on a plane out of the US then, and am now in London. So didn’t mean to miss it.
Old 07-27-2019, 09:24 PM
  # 322 (permalink)  
Magsie

Originally Posted by Petecrab View Post
Lily Rose was born about an hour ago at 12.10am. 4 minutes labour! I now have a son and a daughter!
Congratulations to you both, how wonderful. ❤️
Old 07-27-2019, 09:30 PM
  # 323 (permalink)  
Magsie

Croutie, what a beautiful post. I understand just how you feel. If I have a problem I come here (that’s why I’m here constantly, lol ).
You can speak with people who get you, who don’t judge and also can give you other thoughts on your problem we are sometimes too close to see.

I’ve learnt so much from SR and all the people here. I smiled at a comment from Dee yesterday in a reply to a SR member who has respect for Dee like the rest of us. He said, in a jokey request asked of him, if you want a life coach there’s plenty here around you and it’s right!

I’m always in awe how compassionate, intelligent, non judgemental, warm and honest people are here.

We learn so much from each other and it’s really nice to know there is good in the world.

Love to all. xx
Old 07-27-2019, 09:49 PM
  # 324 (permalink)  
Administrator

Congrats to you too on the anniversary of starting of the journey CW

D
Old 07-27-2019, 10:00 PM
  # 325 (permalink)  

PETEEEEEEEEE

Mags just told me the news.

I am so,so,so,so,so happy for you, your wife and Alexander.

I ADORE her name . LILY ROSE. I have a HOLLY ROSE.

what a wonderful day.

Xoxo
Old 07-28-2019, 01:47 AM
  # 326 (permalink)  

Thanks Dee. Time truly has flown in some ways. I couldn’t have even wondered what six years would bring. I was desperate to get through 90 days. Which eluded me for a bit, then a year.

We we are all very lucky!

Snooz, you must have had some kind of milestone by now? 90 days at least? Maybe 6 months?

Croutie, I did read your post too. We’ve all been through some heavy stuff. It helps to vent. I’m glad you and hubs are enjoying each other. About time.
Old 07-28-2019, 03:03 AM
  # 327 (permalink)  
Magsie

CW, sorry I missed that!

Congratulations on 6 years! Fantastic.
Old 07-28-2019, 09:59 AM
  # 328 (permalink)  

CONGRATS BOB & CROIS, THE “TWINS “ HAVE 6 WONDERFUL SOBER YEARS !!!!!!!

Old 07-28-2019, 10:29 AM
  # 329 (permalink)  

Hi Guys

Today would have been my 6 years , although I didn’t make it , I’m so proud of my sober buddies who have

Mags , I really don’t know my time. I know it was last year in 2018 but have no idea of the date.
I learnt that from Crois as I used to get my knickers in a knot over 1 week, 4 weeks , 2 months & 3 days etc .It started doing my head in and was making me go troppo

So I have no pressure now and I like it that way. It was either August or November but I can’t remember...ooh I’m a poet and didn’t know it !

So anyhow thanks for that Crois.

Croutie, I absolutely loved your message honey. You sound so much more relaxed, you really do
You don’t have to thank us love, we know how you feel and we all love helping each other here.

PJ where are you ? I miss your posts my friend xxx

Suze are you still keen into your gardening. Do you still have that evil landlady from hell?
Are you still feeding those naughty squirrels lol

How are you Dee? Up there in QL with your nicer weather....hmmmm :-)

Pete, I Hope you and Alexander are doing well as is your wife and the beautiful Lily Rose

I’ve had a really busy week , bit hectic, been in and out of hospitals all week. Not me, I’m fine. Mum and Dad are good.

On Tuesday my dear friend Jan got attacked by her dogs. It was the worst thing ever. She rang me distraught just after it happened. She was lapsing in and out and seriously I thought she was dying.

She is 73 years old and was home alone at the time.

One of the dogs had been to the vet and wasn’t well. I’m still not 100% sure on the details but that dog got attacked by one of the bigger ones. She intervened and they turned on her.

We beat the ambulance to the hospital and I met her daughter there with mum and dad and angie.

She was a mess. But luckily ( if you can call it lucky ) it was only both her arms. I was imagining throat etc...you know how your thoughts wander....

Quite horrific to look at. Her daughter had to go out, poor love.

Long story short, she got transferred to another hospital to the plastics dept for surgery as they had chewed down to the tendons and almost bitten her left thumb off. She spent about 5 hours in there.

She is home now, black and blue & still quite traumatised. But she could eat the chocolate I bought her. A blind man could see that was a good decision

It’s easy to get a bit depressed after an event like that. She can’t drive for 6 weeks, that will hurt her more than anything as she loves to get about.

Anyhow. She is well ....a man died here last week after being mauled by his own dogs and that’s all I could think about as she was talking to me.

Thank god she’s still here , we really have to appreciate those we love don’t we.
I’m so glad to be sober to be on standby at any given time. I’m glad I’m not blurring my way through life anymore, because life is GOOD & life is precious .

Love to you all.

Thinking of Gilmer, she would have been thrilled for you too Pete as we all are.

CONRATS again xxxxx
Old 07-28-2019, 04:30 PM
  # 330 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm really sorry for your friend Snoozy. Horrible.

Things are good up here tho - no worries

D
Old 07-28-2019, 09:59 PM
  # 331 (permalink)  
Magsie

Morning Julyers

Snoozy, so sorry about your friend Jan. ’s.

I agree, it’s good to be sober.

It’s raining here looks like it’s here for the day. Though at least it’s manageable and breathable weather now.

Love to all. xx
Old 07-30-2019, 09:07 AM
  # 332 (permalink)  

prayers snooz

repeat post, but rather good, I think

Well folks, after my hand surgery, I began to think about whether I could start playing the cello or piano again. I tried piano (an old rehab one) playing early in my recovery, but my right hand was too contracted to be of use. Also my brain was cognitively cooked.

I played the cello and piano at school- for 12y all up- passing competency in both in my final year at school. I was aiming to get a career in symphony orchestras- but for what amounts to a very long story, did not follow that path.

I have been saving my modest pennies for a long while now...for a holiday, or an awesome car stereo..whatever.

Today after pondering for months, and having a go in the music store- it was apparent I can now, post burns play either instrument now my right hand has more flexibility, less ontracture and sits in a more anatomically correct position.

I could not decicide which to buy, my brain SCREAMING at me I did not 'deserve' such possessions because I was a failure, deserving or pain, suffering and avbandonment. Which is why I pursued this to the end result..waaay outside my comfort zone, I quite literally came close to throwing up.

So I did what I thought best- I bought a cello AND a piano. Instead of a Bali resort holiday, or a retina melting awesome stereo for my car (theold one is on the fritz).

In part- I have reached my place today 3y and 11m and 1d after burning to death- by the support and narrative all at SR share.

Thanks people. If anyone is ever in Adelaide- let me know.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
musicroom.jpg (36.8 KB, 34 views)
Old 07-30-2019, 07:23 PM
  # 333 (permalink)  

Wow PJ. I stared at that pic for a long time. I think it is truly beautiful to see the real ‘us’ come into bloom. That photo was poignant to me - it represents a new life, a renewed person. I am truly so happy for you.

Ive had some ‘moments’ in my travels, where I’ve discovered parts of myself I’d forgotten about, or a enthusiasm for something I didn’t know I had.

Thank you for sharing. Thrilled for you!
Old 07-30-2019, 09:20 PM
  # 334 (permalink)  
Magsie

PJ, it’s beautiful what you have done and will do.
I hear music and art go hand in hand and it looks like the same for you.
I’m so happy for you.
Old 08-01-2019, 01:39 AM
  # 335 (permalink)  
Magsie

From Snoozy

Old 08-01-2019, 01:39 AM
  # 336 (permalink)  

Hi everyone, I’ve asked Mags to please post a pic for me. It’s my son Christian’s 40 th birthday today xxxx

Thanks so much Mags xx

This was the 2nd last time I saw him. It was such a wonderful day , celebrating my 55th birthday and Australia Day .

PJ HOW AWESOMEEEEEEE .who needs a Bali holiday when you can buy both these. I’m so thrilled for you.

You totally deserve this.

Oh ( hands up ) ... I’m in Adelaide ;-)

I like your little spider plant on the verandah

Xoxo
Xx
Old 08-01-2019, 01:43 AM
  # 337 (permalink)  
Magsie

Beautiful photo Snoozy you must be so proud of yourself and family.

Happy Birthday to your son Christian 😘 😘
Old 08-01-2019, 02:18 AM
  # 338 (permalink)  

Yep, just down the road Snooz. I saved about 40 plants being trashed by a not well tenant's relies, that was one of them.
Old 08-01-2019, 07:39 AM
  # 339 (permalink)  

Wait, is this an older pic, Snooz, not a recent one?
im guessing that it’s an older one, but you are thinking of Christian because it’s his birthday?

i feel for you.

my son and I are still estranged too. He sent me some photos on fb messenger. But no apology or acknowledgement of the way he flared up at Christmas and early this year. He’s not a 2 year old that can just bring Mummy a drawing and all is forgotten. The days of tolerating childish, self-centred behaviour from anyone in my life, are over.
Old 08-01-2019, 01:30 PM
  # 340 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Calmerwaters View Post
Wait, is this an older pic, Snooz, not a recent one?
im guessing that it’s an older one, but you are thinking of Christian because it’s his birthday?

i feel for you.

my son and I are still estranged too. He sent me some photos on fb messenger. But no apology or acknowledgement of the way he flared up at Christmas and early this year. He’s not a 2 year old that can just bring Mummy a drawing and all is forgotten. The days of tolerating childish, self-centred behaviour from anyone in my life, are over.
Yes love, it’s the last time I saw him. Was for my 55th birthday and Australia Day.

It’s a trigger day for me , but luckily I have been chatting to Mags and no concern about drinking . Bless you beautiful Mags

It was such a lovely day Crois , then his stupid gf tried to pick a fight with my MUM, who is the know kindest person ever to walk this earth.

She is a vile creature and sadly Christian doesn’t have the backbone to stand up to her.

He is just as much at fault as he could bring the kiddos to see me if he really wanted to.

But I’m with you Crois. 40 is old enough to know better and no drawing is going to fix that. Great way of putting it too.

Glad the day is over to be honest. It just has me wondering what’s he’s doing etc .

Xxxx