SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomer's Daily Support Threads (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-daily-support-threads/)
-   -   One Year & Over Part 68 (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-daily-support-threads/438313-one-year-over-part-68-a.html)

Dee74 05-02-2019 04:03 PM

One Year & Over Part 68

last part here
https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums...t-67-a-20.html

D

Canadian Koala 05-02-2019 04:10 PM

Thanks Dee!

Hello Overs :wavey:

https://i.imgur.com/pomqVky.gif

Mags1 05-02-2019 09:42 PM

Thanks Dee :)

Sassy, so pleased you’re over the worst of your virus, it can certainly take you off your feet, I’m glad your holiday was insured too. Good to see you back. :hug:

Toots, you made me laugh, it’s so hard to know what to leave and what not to take! :tapping a bit like going on holiday! Lol.

Badge, I can see this coworker is a thorn in your side at the moment. After her DUI I imagine work has encouraged her to have therapy for alcohol? Hopefully they may turn over a new leaf. I hope it works out for you. :hug:

We had a lot of rain yesterday and it’s forecast for all next week too, except Sunday. I guess our gardens and the reservoirs need some.

Have a good Friday my friends xx

Itchy 05-02-2019 11:07 PM

Thanks Dee!

Treerat66 05-02-2019 11:43 PM

Good morning Overs.

(((((Sassy))))) I hope you feel better soon.

Toots are you a Brummie or a Black country lass?

Have a good day everyone.

PhoenixJ 05-02-2019 11:56 PM

Thanks Dee

A good day today, completing many 'normie' tasks..

Support to all.

tootsl1 05-03-2019 01:44 AM

Sass I'm so sorry you missed out on your cruise, I know how much you were looking forward to it. While being insured means you get your money back, it doesn't change the fact you missed your holiday. I do hope you get the chance to reschedule.

Andy, while I was born in Shrewsbury, my dad was born in the West Midlands, Warley, and grew up there where he later met my mum ( who was born a Londoner but moved as a child) my brothers were born in the midlands, one still living in Solihull where my nephews have grown up with the WM accents much to their mums horror! I never think I have an accent, but when I speak to anyone else from the area they always ask what part of the midlands I'm from. I guess pronunciation of certain words never changes!

stargazer016 05-03-2019 01:51 AM

Thanks Dee!

Sorry you had to cancel your cruise Saskia. I hope you can plan another adventure soon.

Have a good day all!

Dee74 05-03-2019 02:01 AM

I'm sorry you missed your cruise Sass- get well soon :hug:

D

FBL 05-03-2019 03:25 AM

Thanks for the new part, Dee!

Sassy, hope you feel better soon.

Have another eye check-up this morning. Yes, that darn bubble is smaller, but still hanging on for dear life. Otherwise, I'm feeling the best I have in a long while.

Hard at work on our flagship Top Pop Singles book. Business has been very slow lately, but we'll start advertising this book very soon and it's always our best seller, so things should pick up nicely.

Have a Fabulous Friday, overs!

Saskia 05-03-2019 03:27 AM

Thanks, Dee!

PJ, funny and true :lmao

(((Badge)))

Hi CK.

Thanks for all your wishes! I do plan to reschedule though not sure if this year or next. I am a bit tired of somewhat obsessively trip planning so will probably take a break. It is fun to plan and anticipate a trip though as I get older I find myself getting a bit obsessive - sure that I will forget something critical :dee

Have a happy POETS Day, Overs!

PhoenixJ 05-03-2019 04:53 AM

You are in my thoughts, Sassy.

I started remembering a few happy moments with foo. And many more with ex and kids. Bittersweet, but though this process of change- it is important for me to find a better 'balance'. I suppose it comes down to acceptance, forgiveness and letting go. I am crap (so far) at letting go, because I know I must.

venuscat 05-03-2019 06:17 AM

Originally Posted by Saskia (Post 7177118)
Congrats, Andy!

Well, the last two days were essentially “lost”. I hadn’t realized how much more a simple cold can affect us oldsters :-(. I ended up having to cancel my cruise because there was no way I could manage the bus trip to airport, flight, shuttle to hotel and the next day shuttle to ship. It was like contemplating climbing Mt Everest with a broken leg. I will plan it again another time.

Have a good day!

I am so sorry love. :(
BUT....grateful it is a cold and not the flu or God forbid measles....maybe it's a good time to not be getting on a plane. Maybe God intervened.... :hug:

venuscat 05-03-2019 06:26 AM

Originally Posted by badgerden (Post 7177132)
Belated congrats Tree, or can I be the first to congratulate you on 7 years??

Well Self Absorbed Co-Worker comes back to work Sunday, Part of me is happy she did not lose her job, I do not believe she should have, first time offense and all, okay, first time she got caught, lets be real here. The other part of me did not want her to keep it. I was secretly hoping she would be let go. I am not proud of myself for thinking /hoping that would happen, my shallowness is showing big time here. I have kind of a fake friend thing going on with her if that makes any sense at all. My work status would have been upped a little as I would then be senior, no change financially , just a chain of command thing, although as a FTO I out rank her anyway,,,,,sorry babbling,,,,

Is she still drinking? I have no idea , I am sure it will come up in conversation at some point only time will tell that part of her life and decisions.

I for one am grateful to no longer be drinking and that I can thank all of you for helping me being able to say that.

To finish my rambling I have a Dr. appt tomorrow for a 12 year over due physical. For years I would not go because I knew my labs would bring light to how much I was drinking, (couldn't have that threatened could we?) I figure after a year and a half I should be were I am going to be liver wise. I am going to be honest of my history which will be the first time I have spoken the truth aloud to anyone, scared to be honest. So positive thoughts my way would be appreciated.

babbling / rambling over,,, carry on.

Lori

Wow honey.....what a big step. :) Well done you....re the physical.
And I bet your labs are GREAT!!! :) :hug:

I don't think you are being shallow in any way: I think it is a perfectly understandable reaction to kind of not want her to come back to work.

Boy is she lucky by the way.....to have not gotten fired.....I don't know how she managed that. So maybe she learned a bit? And maybe not.

Good luck with your appt love. :) :hug: ♥♥

Itchy 05-03-2019 05:22 PM

Hi Overs!

Hi CK good to see ya here. Overs greeting backatcha (you're getting good!)

http://www.threadbombing.com/data/me...tresamigos.gif

PJ,
Normie does not exist, but we do - sober.

Balance will come bud. You are beginning to fill your thoughts of family and the past with the good times. Let go at your leisure. You are beginning to grab for everything positive about your life. Hold on tight. I'm sorry you have bad memories. We all are for each other.

Sorry you missed the boat! It's nice you could go if you chose to. But that ship has sailed. Hope you're ship-shape soon.

FBL,
Dang man! That bubble is slow to go. Did the doc say when you'd be back to normal? Vision I mean. Does your group have anything to do with that Billboard TV show that just aired this week?

Badge,
I'm with Suze. It is not shallow to think about how you feel about the folks around you behaving badly. I have slipped as have we all while sober.

Ok guys, my wife is in my drawers and emptying them out so the office is done. Tonight I have to put up some ads for the car, RV, and Tractor for sale. The truck I'll sell when I get back. I'm towing a 5X8 trailer with it with plants, guns, mowers and gas. Tomorrow final decisions on my tools in the workshop. Tomorrow I pick up the trailer and load it Monday after the movers are gone with the stuff set aside.. Then the movers are here on Monday.
:grouphug: :You_Rock_

Mags1 05-03-2019 08:56 PM

Morning Overs

Itchy, eeek, you’re nearly in your way. What does you’re doggie Maggie,think of all this upheaval! Or is she just going with the flow? Safe travels my friend.

It’s 2C outside, my cats went out for a few minutes then flew back in next to the radiators :lol:

I think we’re visiting in-laws today. Mum in law seems to be getting worse with the dementia. She doesn’t remember much about days that have just passed. I need to learn to keep quiet when she tells us something for the umpteenth time.
Automatically I say oh yeah, you mentioned that, whereas I maybe should just make the appropriate noises. :dunno:

Have a good Saturday my friends xx

Itchy 05-03-2019 09:15 PM

Mags,
Yep, it's going to be sunny finally Monday and Tuesday. It has been warm and humid requiring A/C in the afternoon, and cold mornings ~ 68°.

Maggie is just too old to give a spit about the disappearing wall hangings and art. I hope your visit with the "Outlaws" went well.

Dementia is tough.

Night all.

Treerat66 05-04-2019 12:52 AM

Good morning Overs.

Small world Toots, my great Granddad was born in Shoreditch (cockney) but grew up in Westham. No.8 Dunmow Road. My sister used to teach at Streetly High school and her lad has the WM accent.

Have a good day everyone.

Saskia 05-04-2019 01:05 AM

Mags, I think it’s a normal reaction to hearing the same thing over and over. It is irritating but simply reminding ourselves why it’s happening goes a long way. :hug:

FBL, tell that bubble from me (in a very stern voice) to git ‘er gone! Bubble, bubble, toil and trouble .....

Thanks, PJ.

Itchy, you’ve certainly had this move all planned out with military precision. I’ll be thinking of you and your SH doing that big move (and big life change). :hug:

Hi Suze, SG, CK, FG and all of our alphabet soup group. And hi to Dee :wavey:

Canadian Koala 05-04-2019 02:01 AM

Originally Posted by Saskia (Post 7178037)
Hi Suze, SG, CK, FG and all of our alphabet soup group.

Hahaha Saskia! :lmao

https://i.imgur.com/ZB9LzCm.jpg

Hello to you too! :wavey:

Have a good day Overs! ☼