SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomer's Daily Support Threads (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-daily-support-threads/)
-   -   One Year & Over Part 68 (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-daily-support-threads/438313-one-year-over-part-68-a.html)

stargazer016 05-04-2019 02:10 AM

FBL, you are certainly getting your money's worth with that dang bubble. I hope you got good news at the appointment.

Itchy, I can't believe the move is finally here. I am sure you will be happy to miss a Louisiana summer this year!

Feel better Saskia!

Have a good day all!

PhoenixJ 05-04-2019 02:30 AM

happy trails, Itch...

FBL 05-04-2019 03:26 AM

Got another good report from the eye doc yesterday. He was all set to officially discharge me, but he wants to see me at least one more time due to some mild inflammation still present. He's upping my steroid drops back to 4 times a day and that should take care of it. I go back again at the end of the month. I asked about the bubble and he said it should disappear "any day now."

We just did an e-mail blast on the new book and the orders are pouring in this morning! Looks like over 100 sold already. Our books are based on the music charts published in Billboard, but we are an independent company and thus have zero input on their TV awards show.

Looks like some warmer weather here (finally) for the weekend.

venuscat 05-04-2019 06:49 AM

Fantastic news FBL.....all around!!!!! Very happy for you. :) :hug:

Itchy 05-04-2019 06:09 PM

Hey Overs!

I'm taking a break and my back is killing me! However I have lost another 8 pounds and it is really showing. So good on us! I am up against the wall and finding out the INternet provider CenturyLink is fiber and has all kinds of weird stuff that I May not be able to use my new Velop ac4400 router system for easily if at all.

I am still working on the workshop and tools. Not a show stopper if I am not done, I can just make another trip with a trailer.

Sassy,
Military precision this Ain't! But as close as I can come. Yesterday was my natal anniversary and I am just as old as my grandfather when he slipped on the ice and fell on his head, and was gone the next morning. My son is now as old as I was when I retired from the military!
:c029:

CK,
Good one! Hawaya?

Star,
Ah ya jinxed it! (Kidding) I am coming right back to sell the rest of the stuff and house, I may be here for some of it. It takes a month to get the closing done at the fastest. So I will be in an empty house sleeping on a foam topper folded over and doing the yard alone and my own washing etc. And cutting grass in the heat.

Thnx PJ,
Happy trails is apropos for the state I am moving to this week. Well, my stuff is moving, I'm just visiting again until the Car, truck, house and remaining tools for sale etc. are gone. Then I drive the new Subaru Forester up to Colorado for good loaded down and pulling a little trailer. Happiness will be Louisiana in my rear view mirror.:lmao
How are your normie like efforts doing?

FBL,
I still use Restasis® Steroid twice a day since my eye surgery. Is yours the same one? I know how aggravating blurry vision can be and hope it improves faster for you.
Congrats on the successful debut of this edition! You earned it! We had 80 degrees last week but cooler today.

I just hope the rain forecast up there for all of next week does not turn to ice and snow.
:scorebad

Just wet is OK. But our carpets will take a beating all over the house . The best laid plans . . .

Mags1 05-04-2019 10:10 PM

Morning Overs

Itchy, happy Birthday for yesterday. It’s great that you lost some weight (that’s if you wanted to!) with all the work you’re doing. Take care of your back.

FBL, great news on the book sales, pleased your eye problem is almost gone.

I’m going to a food fair at Normanby Park hall today. Hopefully it will stay dry as I think the stalls are outdoors.

Hope it’s a good Sunday for you my friends xx

Dee74 05-04-2019 10:32 PM

Happy birthday Itch :)

D

Treerat66 05-05-2019 12:30 AM

Good morning Overs.

Happy birthday Itchy.

Enjoy your day out Mags.

have a good day everyone.

PhoenixJ 05-05-2019 01:28 AM

happy one Itch

well doneFBL

Canadian Koala 05-05-2019 02:34 AM

https://i.imgur.com/HM60Ni9.jpg

Have a good Sunday! ☼

PhoenixJ 05-05-2019 03:19 AM

My normie like efforts are doing well. I find myself feeling sad as I watch a few people I got to know in the recovery program return to booze/drugs. These folks will most likely live a lot longer- but not living a life- but merely existing. Such people will not be told (as was I)...and watching their continued struggles is saddening- BIT that is what friends do- be there when needed.

FBL 05-05-2019 04:19 AM

PJ, thanks for keeping us posted. The way you're handling all of this is very inspiring to me!

Happy Birthday, Itch! My OLD friend. :)

Thanks for the kind words on the book. Now it's crunch time as I'd like to get it to the printer by May 15. I'm hoping to get some major progress today (Sunday) as it's nice and quiet with only me in the entire building. The orders are coming in almost faster than I can print them off!

Beautiful weather here today, sunny and 70F. However, rain forecast for later this afternoon.

Have a Super Sunday, overs!

Mags1 05-05-2019 06:06 AM

FBL, that’s what I like to see. Dedication. :You_Rock_

venuscat 05-05-2019 06:55 AM

Dear Itchy :hug:

https://i.imgur.com/2AVwUA6.gif

tootsl1 05-05-2019 10:59 PM

Belated birthday greeting Itchy, I'm glad the move seems to be going well enough. These times are always a stress with timing and organisation. It's usually all left to me, which I prefer to Mr Ts princess histrionics!! :lmao

Good going on the book FBL, I hope your bubble has you missing it soon.

Peej, it hurts when we know that there is another way to enjoy life and see others succumb time and again to the only life they think they can live. But as you say, all you can do is be there for them, without enabling. You get to focus on your life now, and what a life it will be!

Hope you enjoyed the visit to Normanby Hall Mags, it was Baltic here yesterday standing around watching gsons football.

We have golf shortly, and I'm hoping it will be a bit warmer!

badgerden 05-05-2019 11:44 PM

Hello all. my Dr. appointment went really well. I was upfront about my drinking and how this was the first time I ever admitted it out loud. I told her about SR and about how I never discussed my drinking with my husband (yet). She was very supportive and even talked a little about her own food addictions. She put me on a anti-depressant/anxiety med, which I am grateful for. Of interest my husband cant figure out why I need it, I told him it would help me to not grumble at him so much. He has yet to ask any more about it.
My labs came back all normal, big relief there, go back today to get the female stuff out of the way..

Not sure what I was so nervous about:dunno

Badge

Mags1 05-05-2019 11:46 PM

Morning Overs

Nice and sunny here today, hope it will last.

Nice few hours spent at Normanby Hall, bought some homemade jams and gingerbread cake. I love those stalls where you find small businesses with genuine good stuff and reasonable prices.

Though today I’m suffering for it, all the trees and grass, hay fever/asthma not good. So having a steady day.

Hope it’s a good day for you my friends :)

Mags1 05-05-2019 11:49 PM

Badge, that’s great news. You did the right thing, I’m pleased your doctor was supportive. :You_Rock_

stargazer016 05-06-2019 12:13 AM

I'm glad the doctor visit went well Badgerden. Though we think we are all unique snowflakes, they have seen it all in their careers. I too really never discussed my drinking in much detail with my spouse. If you aren't one of you, you really can't understand fully what happens in our heads. I am happy that mine is on board and leave it at that.

I am glad the book is selling well FBL. Hopefully, your company will have another solid year.

Have a good day all!

Treerat66 05-06-2019 01:03 AM

Good morning Overs.

I talked to Chris about my drinking but she never fully understood.

Have a good day everyone.