Notices

Class of March 2016 Part 78

Old 04-29-2019, 06:41 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Bobbie, awesome pic!! Support for Nathan (and you).

Purps, get a jump on that cold. Plenty of rest too!!

Coffee. I really need my 2 cups in the morning. Pretty strong. But that’s it. I can’t drink it all day like some people.

Sobriety has been more work than usual lately (whatever usual is), but I feel like I’m moving past this current tough stage. Also, in spite of all my willpower I find myself totally addicted to the latest Kacey Musgraves album, Golden Hour. There. I said it.

Have a great day.
Old 04-30-2019, 05:11 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Prayers, B and Suze

Shared on a few threads.

Long days folks. I make plans, see? Like.... 'tomorrow I will start of routine, ready for going back to study...a walk, healthy b/fast, then art study..etc'. Then I wake up with a migraine aura, and being stubborn, attempt to fight it- just with brufen and Panadol, rather than take the antimigraine med...and so sleep another 3h..

Or the next day- same plan- then only sleep 3-4h, and by midday am exhausted just by doing activities of daily living. So I am still going to set routine like tasks- but be more flexible instead of having a rigid structure of times and expected outcomes. Go with the flow. When these setbacks occur- I do okay, do the mindful crap- the gratitude stuff, journal, breathe, HALTS etcetc- BUT then the automatic dysfunctional default comes in that, as usual I am avoiding doing anything productive- because I prefer being a victim, thus I am hopeless and a failure. So I fight this- and do what I have to do, plus more- but never as much as I want. Even after significant surgery with 50 sutures, pain, immobility and no immediate family for support- I do well, but do not feel as if I am doing well. It is like the only feelings in my onion layers transcendental journal of healing- are negative...so much hard work to do.

Hang loose folks. Remember- the are 2 kinds of people in this world- people with beards and nothing else.
Bloods for check up tomorrow, then Burns Unit, then Psychologist- then arrange another burns unit appt for physio/OT.
Old 04-30-2019, 06:16 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

MITA.....putting that album in my Amazon music right this second....playing the title song and I love this. Nick may kill me.
Old 04-30-2019, 06:18 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

PJ love.....HALTs.....you need to heal. The ocular migraines (I get them too) are a HUGE reminder of that. Your body needs rest. Please add lying on bed or couch and reading while music/tv is on to your list love..... ♥♥♥
Old 04-30-2019, 06:33 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  
Sober date: 20th May 2023

Can't believe I missed hug a plumber day!!!
Congrats on the milestone V. You're a superstar xxx
Gorgeous pic of the littlies Bobbie. Soooo cute xxx
I get migraine auras PJ. I lose feeling in one hand and then vision in one eye then I get this weird kaliedescope (spelling?) sparkly show in my eyes. Then the headache. Not fun. Sending lots of hugs.
Day 57 today. Not really counting... Had to check my sober app. Hope everyone's week is going well. I'm off to bed xxx
Old 04-30-2019, 06:40 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Night darling. ♥♥
Old 04-30-2019, 07:07 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Hey everyone!

Things are okay here. I picked up Nathan for rehab - he went, but I think he was messed up. Oh well. Maybe something will get in.

MITA - Good job making it through the rough patch. I'll play some Kasey Musgraves today too. I'll let you know.....

Purple - good morning! Hope your sickness passes fast.

Mish! Congrats on 57 days! That's awesome. I love my sober app. I don't pay attention much to days either. If someone asks, it is right there. 57 is a cool number.

Good morning, Suze! Have a great day!

PHX - Hugs. It's all I got. But a big bear hug - not some wimpy other kind of hug.

Hey - BBG!

Hey - Dee!

Have a great day, guys!
Old 04-30-2019, 07:12 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Doesn't he have to be tested Bobbie love? Weekly? Sorry if this is too personal, just ignore me if it is.
Old 04-30-2019, 08:26 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by venuscat View Post
MITA.....putting that album in my Amazon music right this second....playing the title song and I love this. Nick may kill me.
I hear you. If it doesn't rhyme with Allman Brothers, my wife pretty much refuses to even consider it music. Haha. I'm kind of eclectic in my music tastes. There's just so much talent out there, I don't know how you limit yourself to certain styles/genres/etc. To each his own!!!

Warm thoughts to those with migraine issues - I'll get a typical headache from time-to-time, which is bad enough.
Old 04-30-2019, 08:36 AM
  # 30 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by venuscat View Post
Doesn't he have to be tested Bobbie love? Weekly? Sorry if this is too personal, just ignore me if it is.
Yeah. He has it down to a science. I mean, it could have been the suboxone that he is prescribed - but - well, it really doesn't make him high. No big deal, been there. He didn't enjoy riding with me this morning. lol
Old 04-30-2019, 09:20 AM
  # 31 (permalink)  

Nick likes Slayer, and that is the quieter end of his taste.....but he has put up with my Mumfords and Vance Joy and Blind Melon and even Cat Stevens. I, however, have not been as magnanimous. I try....but I like Purp's music, that is as metal as I get.

Got it Bobbie love.

I have been down that road....now that I realise exactly what road you are on. It is the hardest by far I feel....with addiction.....being someone trying to be there and support someone on that path. So much love honey. s
Old 04-30-2019, 06:33 PM
  # 32 (permalink)  

Just an early evening check in. Uneventful day, but I can't believe it's only Tuesday

Hope everyone had a nice day!!
Old 04-30-2019, 07:19 PM
  # 33 (permalink)  
Administrator

continued prayers for you and Nathan Bobbie

If it doesn't rhyme with Allman Brothers, my wife pretty much refuses to even consider it music.
Not even Govt Mule MITA?

D
Old 04-30-2019, 07:49 PM
  # 34 (permalink)  

I think Gov't Mule would be okay with her. I guess by "rhyming with Allman Brothers" I meant most things Southern Rock - Marshall Tucker, Charlie Daniels Band, etc. All excellent, of course.

She enjoys music, but she's not really into like I am. I much prefer to pop an album on or hit a Pandora station before I put the TV on (unless there's a big game!!). I can listen to an album or a song over and over again - to me, it's a little different each time - for a variety of reasons. And yes, I still have a turntable

Anyway, enough about my music fixation - it has a close affinity with my drinking issues, but I can't live without it.
Old 04-30-2019, 08:08 PM
  # 35 (permalink)  
Administrator

Yeah I like a lot of the southern rock stuff - never heard it here growing up tho apart from Lynyrd Skynrd.

D
Old 05-01-2019, 06:09 AM
  # 36 (permalink)  

Oh no, it's never enough about your music fixation dear MITA.
More please.....I need music almost as much as air and water, and I Dee is of course a musician....I love this topic. And I love being educated with regard to artists I haven't listened to before.

Love and good morning etc guys, have cut down my caffeine intake RADICALLY....and I am going to be boring and now be one of these people that goes on and on about how much better I feel.

Old 05-01-2019, 07:16 AM
  # 37 (permalink)  

We love when you feel better, Suze.

I'm more of a 90's alternative rock girl, myself. Guess my age is showing. But I can appreciate most all music. I liked the Kasey Musgrave yesterday, MITA. I get you on the music and alcohol going together. During each stage of my alcoholism I can tell you the music that was in the background. At the end, when I was getting really bad, never wanted to be sober at all bad, I listened to a lot of Amy Winehouse and Elle King. Go figure.

Dee - what type of music do you play? Are you still in a band?

I hope everyone has a great day.

And, for the record, Nathan left early from rehab yesterday, threw up he says, and he didn't call me for a ride today. It's getting close. He'll hit a bottom soon and either land in jail or rehab. I hope that happens before he dies.
Old 05-01-2019, 07:25 AM
  # 38 (permalink)  

Me too sweetheart. s
And more prayers. xx
Old 05-01-2019, 08:31 AM
  # 39 (permalink)  

Suze, definitely whatever makes you feel better. Our bodies change over time - it's good to be in sync with that.

Big hugs Bobbie.

I was wondering, too, if Dee is still playing and what kind of band he was/is in.

Dee, when I was much younger I used to listen to a few albums by an Aussie band called Skyhooks. Are you familiar with them? Maybe before your time.

Be good ....
Old 05-01-2019, 08:42 AM
  # 40 (permalink)  

Um.....99% sure it is ok to speak for all the Aussies on the thread..... YES!!!!!!!!!!!!

I cannot post any of their videos....they are not suitable for the site.

When I was a teenager, Sherbet and Skyhooks were the two competing huge pop/rock bands in Aus.....and then came Cold Chisel. And of course ACDC was already horrifying all of our parents. s