Administrator

I think I congratulated you elsewhere but congrats again John

D
Old 05-29-2019, 12:34 AM
  # 122 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
I think I congratulated you elsewhere but congrats again John

D
Yes, I'm sure you did Dee. Thanks again!
Old 05-29-2019, 02:20 AM
  # 123 (permalink)  

How are you doing, Free? If I recall correctly, I think that yesterday was your anniversary date. I expect that you are really busy with things, but we are thinking about you.
Old 05-29-2019, 02:28 AM
  # 124 (permalink)  

Thinking back to one of my recent posts here, I believe that my perfectionism has a bit of a grip on me.

Just because I've reached a certain length of time doesn't mean that I'm done with dealing with this alcoholism, and I'm going to continue to face times when the AV comes up to face me. Something at work, where I didn't get something done without some needed revision was bothering me tonight, and I got to thinking about how my desire to do things without error is a trip-up. Change to what I am doing and accepting that it's not always going to be 100% what I want is something I can work on for all things.

I used to drink over frustration and when I thought that I achieved the exact right result, and I don't need to think about doing either of those things.
Old 05-29-2019, 03:57 PM
  # 125 (permalink)  

I think I know what you mean about the perfectionism Guener. I think I spend far too much time worrying about things that may or may not or do don’t go perfectly.... I need to work on letting go and lightening up more
I keep having AV thoughts about drinking when I go travelling later this year. I really need to nip them in the bud
Old 05-29-2019, 05:32 PM
  # 126 (permalink)  

Hi May group
Well, today marks my one year anniversary! At this time last year I had been doing my usual binge drinking that weekend, missed work on the Monday and had to drive Monday afternoon to Toronto for a work conference the next day. So I made the 3 hour drive to Toronto after drinking all day and continued to drink while I drove to my hotel.
I had a horrible night, full of anxiety as I went through the classic withdrawals and was jumpy, exhausted and anxious at my meeting the next day. And on that day, May 29th 2018, after 9 years of being caught in the horrible cycle of binge drinking, I quit drinking.
Since then I have taken it one day at a time never really thinking I would make it this far but here I am safe and sound, forever grateful to be where I am today. Thank you S.R group! You were a big part of my recovery.
Old 05-29-2019, 05:44 PM
  # 127 (permalink)  

You're not just Gettingcloser, you have a great day to mark! Congratulations on the turnaround.
Old 05-29-2019, 08:43 PM
  # 128 (permalink)  

Congrats getting closer!

Yes. Yesterday was mine. I was crabby. Work stunk. I broke it off with the Steamboat guy. Real disrespectful body language. And I caught a head cold from landlady.

AV strong here too lately. Bummed about that but dismissing it.

Love you all!
Old 05-29-2019, 10:34 PM
  # 129 (permalink)  
Administrator

Congrats gettingcloser and you too Free - sorry for the other stuff tho Free.

D
Old 05-30-2019, 02:17 AM
  # 130 (permalink)  

Free, I searched for an emoticon that showed an umbrella being closed up with the sun coming out, but I didn't find something like that.

Pinch yourself, gently, and remember that we love you here and see that you just crossed into a new world of your second year of sobriety.

The other things will pass along behind you. I didn't have a fireworks set of emotions this month when I reached my milestone. On the other hand, things look as big and looming as they ever have. I think I'm still getting my head around things of what it means to start into these new days of sober living after the grind of the first year. I'm a little bit exhausted, too.

Giant hugs.

I'm approaching my first year anniversary at my new job soon and wondering what that's going to be like now that I am supposed to know the ropes. I feel a lot more confident than when I started, that's for sure. Some days I am a little worried that my memory isn't as good as I want it to be, I need to organize my tasks around some systems to help me with that. Things just keep moving, and I have to keep up.

We have been having some windy days in May here. I'm ready for warm June sunny days with clear, calm skies and new thoughts of what lies ahead. There's always a lot to be done.
Old 05-30-2019, 10:32 AM
  # 131 (permalink)  

Congratulations Free, well done! Hope that you are feeling better soon

Congratulations to you too, Gettingcloser, great going!

I'm not sure of the success rates of other classes but it seems like the class of May 2018 has done pretty darn good! What a lovely group of people, brought together by our desire for sobriety.

Fantastic!
Old 05-30-2019, 03:21 PM
  # 132 (permalink)  

Thanks, everyone!
Old 05-31-2019, 02:16 AM
  # 133 (permalink)  

Congratulations Gettingcloser and Free! Well done on your year! And another congratulations to all of us in the class on May 2018 on this last day of May 2019! We’re doing so well, despite the roller coaster ride of emotions and life’s hiccups along the way (or in some instances train wrecks...). That we’re still sober despite the struggles, we should be proud of ourselves

Old 05-31-2019, 07:40 PM
  # 134 (permalink)  

Hi! Congrats to everyone that has crossed your finish line! I’m the last one.

June 1 although I did do some celebrating already on May 13th- because that day was monumental in my recovery. It was the day I knew I was done with this insane ride and wanted off the merry go round. I told my husband everything, and we have honestly became so much closer and stronger.

then June 1- I wanted to try the Ferber method for quitting - which involves actually drinking. It was pointless and pushed my day 1 into June.

i was in the June group- but that disappeared to no one... so you guys in May 2018 are stuck with me.

we did it! How many of us are there?
Willow
free
guener
john
getting closer
me

6? It is very likely I am missing someone? Sorry to that person.

another month just flew past my eyes. I have been so busy lately... with kids activities, family stuff, and if the school year stuff... nonstop busy.

we met up with friends last weekend. And we took a group pic together. Well after the pic was
taken... my daughter was being silly and kept taking pics of random things. I decided to be silly with her and start posing for her.

when I saw that pic afterwards... I saw someone new. Someone that was able to have fun, be carefree and be happy.

not the exhausted, anxious, we gotta go go go, I need to go home and drink... or stop at the wine store on the way home person.

life is bigger and better then that.

my word/goal for the last ‘year’ was ‘sober’
this upcoming year it is going to be ‘health’

congrats to you all! And thank you guys for all the support and love. ❤️
Bumble
Old 05-31-2019, 08:13 PM
  # 135 (permalink)  
Administrator

Congratulations to you all

D
Old 05-31-2019, 09:19 PM
  # 136 (permalink)  

Thanks Dee and hi everyone!

Suck week

Bad bullying at work😢

I cried. Head cold still bad. On antibiotics. Thought about having a drink and eff it all.

Ugh

Struggling.

Not succeeding here could be financially devastating and and embarrassment.

Your words of encouragement are so appreciated above, thank you!

You are indeed and loved too

We forgot Solly on the list for sure, I’d have to go back in time to see for sure, but we do have a very successful class!

We are. aMAYzing😍

Hi Solly!
Old 05-31-2019, 09:41 PM
  # 137 (permalink)  
Administrator

I hope things get better Free

D
Old 05-31-2019, 09:59 PM
  # 138 (permalink)  

And manta too
Old 06-01-2019, 04:47 AM
  # 139 (permalink)  

Let go of that dragnet of frustration, Free, it's going to get better for you. I hate to hear that you are going through a period of bullying or even hazing, that does, in fact, really stink. If you are dealing with a particular person, it's on them and not on you, and I hope it's not a work culture thing where you are now.

I tend to ruminate on difficulties that I am having, and I have to stop myself from doing that or risk feeling depressed or to let the AV through the door.

It's a new month, and I am just starting to get used to the slower routines that it brings to me, so I'm going to try to fill that time with other things.

Hugs to everyone here for getting through May successfully!
Old 06-01-2019, 05:44 AM
  # 140 (permalink)  

Congratulations, Bumblebee! It is amazing what a year will do, isn't it? This time last year I was beginning my recovery so I wasn't very engaged in life. Just trying to get through the day. Now I am fully participating. I have new habits that build my life up instead of tearing it down. My world has gotten so much bigger and I am fully present.

Hey Free,
I am glad you are posting and not drinking. Everyone is routing for you. Your success is our success! I love the quote "aMAYzing"!!