Notices

Class of May 2018 Part 5

Old 05-20-2019, 06:48 PM
  # 101 (permalink)  

Hi everyone!

In Michigan back at my stagers hay farm to visit. Will be awhile before I get to see her again.

Realtor and lawyers horrible. I’m leaving my sisters at 0600 tomorrow to drive back to Illinois. Clean house. Leave from Milwaukee. Land in Colorado. Work 0700 Wednesday

Kids graduated on Sunday. Yay!!

Glad your mom seems better Guener. Hi john! Hi willow!

More later.....
Old 05-21-2019, 01:20 PM
  # 102 (permalink)  

Ok. Not my stagers hay farm. My sisters😂

Made it to Milwaukee airport. Waiting to board.

Hope all is well
Old 05-22-2019, 09:15 AM
  # 103 (permalink)  

Hello everyone,

I've made it to a year, can't quite believe it.

Thanks Bumble, Free, Guener, and Willow, your posts and support have been and will continue to be invaluable.

Special thanks to you too, Dee.

All my best,

John
Old 05-22-2019, 01:26 PM
  # 104 (permalink)  

Safe trip Free!
Congratulations on the kids graduating

Congratulations on 1 year John!
Old 05-22-2019, 04:04 PM
  # 105 (permalink)  
Administrator

Congratulations John
Have a safe trip Free
Hi Willow

D
Old 05-22-2019, 06:58 PM
  # 106 (permalink)  

All right, John, way to go!!! It has been so nice to see a steady stream of Maysters crossing over that line. And more to come ...

Phew, I was driving around southern New Mexico all day today and finally am back home to my cats and to relax.

It will be back to the office tomorrow after a good night's sleep. Feeling good.
Old 05-23-2019, 01:37 AM
  # 107 (permalink)  

Thanks folks!
Old 05-23-2019, 03:08 AM
  # 108 (permalink)  

Hi Dee

Coming home to your cats sounds lovely Guener
Do you have a fireplace? I can imagine the cats curled up near a fireplace

I’ve had a really busy week, in a good way. Back to two jobs instead of three, and managing some better work-life balance
Old 05-23-2019, 04:59 PM
  # 109 (permalink)  

Hahaha, Willow, I am the heat source for these two. One or both of them are usually curled up next to me at night. I would like a fireplace, but I don't have one to provide for the critters.

I had a pretty normal today at work, which is exactly what I needed. It was nice to be in a basic routine for a change-up. Tomorrow will be a little different, though, but I'm feeling more rested and ready to go for it.

I'm still doing my ancient Greek philosophy course, and I looked ahead to see what our final assignment will be. I really like the time I have been devoting to this, and I will be done in a couple weeks. My project is going to be writing a letter from the point of view of one of the philosophers we have covered on not fearing death. That sounds a little morbid, but really it isn't.

Looking forward to another day ...
Old 05-24-2019, 04:12 PM
  # 110 (permalink)  

Another week has passed like it was something I was watching from the outside. I don't know how the days are passing so quickly and slowly at the same time. It's all okay, but still I wonder where things are leading.

There is a Blues Festival in our town this weekend, and while I am not a big fan of the genre, I will walk down to look at all the vendors and visitors. There will be a big beer garden that I will be skipping. Just to get out and about will be a good thing for me.
Old 05-24-2019, 08:27 PM
  # 111 (permalink)  

Hi everyone!!

Congrats John on one year!!!!!

Hi everyone else !!

Our class is small but it sure is mighty in strength of sobriety. We are a resolute group for sure.

Sounds like good plans Guener!

Hi willow.—thanks the the kind words.... Still working all those jobs?

Hi Dee😍
Old 05-24-2019, 09:23 PM
  # 112 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi Free

I hope you'll enjoy it Guener

D
Old 05-25-2019, 02:42 AM
  # 113 (permalink)  

I wrote a big post last night but I mustn’t have pressed submit and it’s gone... oh well.
I was going to say that project sounds really fascinating Guener, not morbid at all. What an interesting course. I hope you enjoy the blues festival

I have finished one job Free, which is a relief. Less money now but less stress too, and hopefully the two remaining jobs will bring enough income in. I’m sure it will work out fine though. It’s nice to have a little more free time

I’m off to bed super early tonight (7.45pm) after a poor sleep last night, so hopefully I’ll wake up refreshed tomorrow. Big party animal that I am, in bed before 8pm on a Saturday night
Goodnight everyone.
Old 05-26-2019, 04:59 PM
  # 114 (permalink)  

I passed on the Blues Festival, because I was not feeling up to dealing with a lot of crowds on the one day, and it has been really windy for the second. No big loss, but I think it still would have been a good idea to be around some other people. I'll have more opportunities to get out soon, I'm sure.

Monday is a holiday here, so I will have a day of doing whatever I want to do before going back to work. Tuesday my second cat goes in for getting "fixed", and all the medical requirements for having them up to town regulations with shots and being free of producing other kittens will be done. Wednesday is the first real day of effort in the office, as the students at the University return for summer classes. I will enjoy being busy again.

Onward ...
Old 05-27-2019, 09:10 AM
  # 115 (permalink)  

I avoid crowds as much as I possibly can. In fact, I try and avoid people as much as I possibly can but I am actually getting a bit better with this.

It's a holiday today here too. Holiday weekends always used to be very boozy for me and it still feels a bit strange (in a good way?) when one passes without drinking and associated incidents.

Hope the cat gets on ok Guener, it good too see responsible owners like yourself.

I felt rather subdued around my 1st soberversary. A few weeks back I thought I might celebrate it but I just let it pass without too much of a fuss. I'm the same when it's my birthday too.

Best wishes to all!
Old 05-27-2019, 09:20 PM
  # 116 (permalink)  

I don’t much like crowds either John. I’m finding that sober, I don’t really like being around lots of people. I used to use alcohol to feel more comfortable in crowds and now I don’t enjoy big gatherings at all.
My birthday this year was a bit rugged, being the first without my parents, who brought me into this world. I had a very quiet birthday as I didn’t feel like celebrating.
Good on you Guener for looking after your cats so well.

The AV was a bit in my face this weekend just gone. A few triggers. And combined with being hungry and tired didn’t help. A good feed and an early night to bed on Friday and Saturday nights definitely helped
Old 05-28-2019, 01:46 AM
  # 117 (permalink)  

My AV struck me hard yesterday for no particular reason, and I had to spend a few minutes beating it back. It was the hardest feelings I have had since I quit drinking, really, and that made it very unpleasant. You'd think that this kind of event would be past, but it goes to show it can happen. I almost feel a bit embarrassed about the whole affair, but I understand that's a negative feeling I need to dismiss and just post if it happens again. It reminds me that I'm still very much an addict.

I have promised a cat picture for a long time, and it's hard to get the two of them side by side at the same time, but it happened on Saturday, so here you go.

That's the two feet warmers after we all awoke from a nap. They are quite a bit bigger, as you can see, fully grown in all their size but still very attached to each other as sisters.
Old 05-28-2019, 12:35 PM
  # 118 (permalink)  
Ocean Lover!

Huge congrats John!!
Old 05-28-2019, 01:36 PM
  # 119 (permalink)  

Thanks Manta and thanks to you too Free.

Won't be long now until you'll reach your 1st years!
Old 05-28-2019, 05:15 PM
  # 120 (permalink)  

Guener they’re adorable ❤️❤️❤️