SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomer's Daily Support Threads (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-daily-support-threads/)
-   -   Class of May 2018 Part 5 (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-daily-support-threads/437959-class-may-2018-part-5-a.html)

Dee74 05-13-2019 03:45 PM

In Australia just down the road is 1000km yes LOL

congrats again Willow :)

D

Guener 05-13-2019 10:16 PM

LOL, sometimes it's easy for us who are so far away to forget just how large Australia really is, but regardless of distances it's so nice to feel close to one another.

I had to take my mom back to the hospital this afternoon and stayed to find out not much more than what we knew from the last stay. She needs a gastric tube to relieve pressure from her system, fluids and some nutrition, and more supervised bed rest. It's frustrating and worrisome that she is right back where we started a week ago.

There isn't a whole lot more for me to say today about how things are going, I'm waiting things out for it all to get a bit better with the events happening around me vs. within me.

Willow00 05-14-2019 12:07 AM

Sending support and love to your Mom Guener. I hope they get to the bottom of things and can help her feel better.
Yes Australia is quite big, we often travel long distance ls so don’t think much about the distance :)

Dee74 05-14-2019 02:17 AM

Continued best wishes for you and your mom and family Guener.

D

John65 05-14-2019 12:44 PM

Congratulations on your first year of sobriety, Willow!:c011:

Your Mum & Dad would be so proud of you, well done! :)

Willow00 05-14-2019 09:10 PM

Thanks John :)

Willow00 05-15-2019 01:45 AM

Guener, are you on one year today??? Congratulations :) :) :)

Guener 05-15-2019 03:16 AM

Yes, today is my anniversary date for one year. My emotions this morning are mixed with my Mom back in the hospital, but I am proud of what I have done with a lot of help from everyone here on SR, but especially I am grateful to my adopting class of Maysters who took me in with care seven months or so ago. There's more to come in my life for me looking ahead, and indeed for all of us.

Dee74 05-15-2019 03:25 AM

Congratulations Guener :)

D

Willow00 05-15-2019 03:29 AM

Thinking of you and sending prayers for your Mum Guener.

You’re an integral part of our class of May Guener and we love you being here along on this crazy ride we’re on together.
Well done on 1 year!

This was the quote on the 24 hour thread for 1 year. It really resonates with me and is just what I needed to hear to help reinforce my commitment to a sober life in the face of AV persuasive and insidious attempts to lure me back. I needed some more reinforcement and this helps.

“God didn’t give you the strength to get back on your feet so you can run back to the same things that knocked you down.” – Marvin Sapp

Free2bme888 05-16-2019 05:50 PM

Hi everyone!

Oh my goodness! Congratulations to both Willow and Guener!!!

I’m so sorry I missed it on the particular days.

Prayers for your mom Guener, and prayers for you that you have steadfast resolve against “Running back to the same thing that knocked you off your feet”😍

Willow, also an amazing feat between the death of both of your parents and all of the trips you made with booze all around you.

And I did a willow Dee, with thanks for all that you do for us and all of the support that you have. I don’t think we could make it without you, or at least to know that you have been an integral part of our successful sobriety journey.😊

I don’t have much positive to say here right now except that I’m glad it was at 95° out today. I love you all.

❤️❤️❤️

Free2bme888 05-17-2019 04:11 PM

Just landed in Denver. The stress is overwhelming. Was going to miss my connecting to Milwaukee. Pilot got us to Denver on time despite us leaving a half an hour late. Then we were stuck at the gate for 15 minutes 😩

Onboard now

Buyers of house are still keep not in agreement. Asked for extension. 😩

I cried my eyes out today. Feel I’m making mistake moving out west. I think I’m just overwhelmed.

I talk to my sister — she said our worst fears are true, you can’t just have one —she keeps telling herself that —but she has three or four LARGE hard drinks instead. She’s so mad she got back into it.

She knows now we are wired differently.

YesterdayAVsuper bad. Romanticized I could just have one Or two. It’s a lie!!

Ok. Taking off soon

By peeps!!!

Guener 05-17-2019 04:36 PM

I'm feeling a bit discombobulated this evening, too. Having gotten mom out of the hospital, to the grocery store for supplies, and finally back home, that consumed all day. A week of hospital visits and worry has worn me down a bit. She is really under-weight, I just hope that she'll be able to consume enough calories and not end up back in the emergency room. Phew.

In times of transition and stressful change we lose that sense of control that gives us comfort, but in the end it almost always works out.

I think I need a day of just getting my self together before something else whacks me on the side of the head, but if things don't accommodate me I'll just roll with the punches.

Onward ...

Dee74 05-17-2019 04:50 PM

Hope you can find some downtime this weekend Guener.
Thanks for the kind words Free :)

D

Willow00 05-17-2019 10:14 PM

Sending support to both of you Free and Guener.
It will all work out somehow.
We just have to hang in there and not drink.
I’ve had romanticised thoughts of drinking too, but it’s all lies the AV bear makes up to lure us back in and trap us in that awful cycle of drink, hangover, drink, hangover. We have to stay strong. One day at a time . Together :grouphug:

Guener 05-17-2019 11:58 PM

Feeling a bit better here after a sleep cycle, I'm going to try to rest up some more this morning.

Since taking a medication for a few days for an infection, one of the drug interactions possible is with my psych meds, and I think I'm getting a bit of that now that is making me feel off. Unfortunately, this medication for the infection is about the only route to take, so I'm going to have to endure it. Going of my routines has had an impact, too.

Just another brief "journal" entry into how I'm feeling, it helps to just get it out. :)

John65 05-20-2019 01:56 AM

Congratulations on your 1st year, Guener! :)

Hope that your Mum is doing ok.

Hi to everyone else too.

Guener 05-20-2019 02:03 AM

Thanks, John! I'm still not convinced that my mom is back on track fully yet, but she is home and eating to gain weight. It's going to be a while before she gets back on her feet, but I am trying to be hopeful.

Willow00 05-20-2019 02:46 PM

Hi everyone :wavey:

Dee74 05-20-2019 04:53 PM

Hello Willow :)

D