Notices

Class of May 2018 Part 5

Old 04-28-2019, 03:25 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Working on a crossword puzzle soon, I am going to see if I can make myself tired enough to go back to sleep for a while, because I'm not feeling 100% this morning (sore throat). But I have done some good SR reading this morning, and I feel enriched by it. It is easier to fall into slumber when one has a settled mind.

I don't have any side obligations to work this coming week, I think, and that is a good thing to leave me more focused on what I am doing in the office and for my free time. While I do not mind having a lot of obligations, I am happy to have a little more routine in the next few days. Of course, these thoughts suggest that something will just pop up, LOL.

The cats think it is time to be up for the day, since I have been stirring for a couple hours now, and they are chasing one another through the apartment. If I lie down, however, one of them will probably decide it's a good thing to come up on the bed and go back to sleep with me. I wish I had their energy.
Old 04-29-2019, 03:54 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Hi guys! April is flying by sooooo fast. I was even a few days late on some bills because I didn’t realize it was almost the end of April.. time is flying.

next up- May!!!!!!! Guys! May! We are so close. I am so happy to be with you guys and hold your hands at the finish line.

things have been going fairly well for me. Busy, but good. I got into yoga recently, which I am surprisingly enjoying. But I’m still eating like crap and I’m unhappy with my current weight.

went to a sleepover party this weekend. It was 4 of my good friends and their daughters. I brought my girls. It is so cool that my friends kids are hanging out with my girls.

We do these ‘sleepover parties’ occasionally because we don’t live super close, and the moms can drink. I used to be so excited to drink with my friends, and have no worries of driving. This is my second sober sleepover. It went really good.

so much more I could type. And I didn’t get to respond to any of you guys... but got to move forward with the day. First up morning yoga.

have a great day!!
bumble
Old 04-29-2019, 05:57 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Morning yoga sounds like a great ritual to take on everything that can come up ahead, Bumblebee.

I can stand to lose some weight that I have put on over the past year, and I have stopped buying a chocolate bar each day after work to help remind me to look after my body a bit better, and 10 lbs in the next month is my goal.

I will be walking more to further my aim above and to keep my mental health on course as well with some exercise.
Old 04-29-2019, 07:18 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Hi all!

Nice catching up with you all

Went camping with Chip in Utah over the weekend, We had a great time hiking and biking in a place called Natural Bridges National Monument.

Guener, I’m sure the bank will decide in your favor.

Hi Willow, sounds good that you will help direct your counselor. I think that’s the hardest part about being sober—identifying and articulating our needs to others.

Hi Bumble, I share your sentiments exactly!

I had strong AV last Wednesday when I had THREE offers on my house!!

2 over my asking. Sold!

More later....
Old 04-30-2019, 12:48 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Sounds like it must have been a beautiful weekend, Free. I haven't been to that park myself but know some people who have been, and I marveled at their pictures. I'm glad that you got out into some natural surroundings for a break.

Congratulations on getting your house sold. No doubt that is a relief not to be carrying that concern over your head. I hope the paperwork goes as smoothly as possible over the days ahead.

Things are beginning to return to normal at work for me, and I'm happy about it. I have been busy but not going through stress, and I'm really enjoying the people lately, even more. Things will be shifting into summer mode soon, which means a much quieter time on campus, but there will be new things to do that I will learn about later.

I notice lately that people around here buy lots of alcohol at all hours. My state has a significant problem with alcohol and drug use that is more evident when I have my eyes open. I have a meeting with my peer counselor next week, with the program that coordinates services for those of us in recovery who need help on things, and I understand why they ask so many questions about substance use history that I now just have to answer a string of "no's" to, but that others are facing like I have.
Old 04-30-2019, 02:33 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Hi Maysters! Happy 1st day of May! Well it’s already Wednesday morning here, 7.30am in Oz
It’s 2 weeks till Mother’s Day here. It’s the first Mother’s Day without my Mum. And it’s the anniversary of when I stopped drinking. I have a photo of that day with my Mum. My family and I are going to the same place this year for Mother’s Day, as Mum really loved it there, so we just booked a table. We weren’t sure about it, but wanted to do something special in memory of my beautiful, dear Mumma. I still can’t believe she’s gone, 8 months on. It will be a very emotional day

I’ve been really busy with work, and life, but in good ways.

Bumblebee I love yoga too. Thanks for the reminder, I need to do more of it, especially after all the chocolate I ate over Easter

Free congratulations on the sale of your house! That must be a big weight off your shoulders

Guener it sounds like you’re feeling more settled, which is good to hear
Old 04-30-2019, 03:25 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Hi everyone
I will be joining you this May as we march towards one year sober. My date is May 29th 2018. I can't believe it. It was really one day at a time until one day turned into one week, then one month and now one year!
Old 04-30-2019, 05:27 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Hey, Gettingcloser, aptly named, as we do draw upon our 1st annual sobriety date.

Marching along in all things, today I started an online course in Philosophy that is very interesting thus far. It will give me something else to think about when I have quiet moments to pass. I'll let you know more about it at a later date when I've absorbed more than a lecture.

The skies are beautiful here lately and it's warm and pleasant, so I am doing more walking this week.

Not much to say but to carry onward!
Old 04-30-2019, 08:21 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  

The first three are the bridges in order, the middle thickest one being the youngest. The first one had the most spiritual energy.

The last picture was of arch canyon from the lookout. If you can enlarge the pic you might see a small arch in the canyon wall
Old 04-30-2019, 08:26 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  

Hi gettingcloser! So good to hear from you, and to know you are doing well is great!

Guener, what a turning point to be busy and not over stressed. And a new class too! Great thinking to keep busy (sober) and make brain cells at the same time.

Willow, I think going to your moms favorite place is a wonderful tribute! How proud she is of you I’m sure, and she’d hug you in appreciation for your strength and fortitude if she could 🥰
Old 04-30-2019, 10:06 PM
  # 31 (permalink)  
Administrator

Great pics Free

D
Old 05-01-2019, 04:33 AM
  # 32 (permalink)  

Hi Gettingcloser

Fabulous photos Free, wow!!!
Old 05-02-2019, 08:24 PM
  # 33 (permalink)  

Oh my goodness! It’s happening! My 11 month anniversary came and went and I didn’t even notice 😳🥰😍
Old 05-02-2019, 08:32 PM
  # 34 (permalink)  
Administrator

congratulations anyway Free

D
Old 05-03-2019, 12:47 AM
  # 35 (permalink)  

You've been pretty busy with things that would fill up a mind to the top, Free, so I'm only a little surprised about your missing the date. I think I sped right over my last one, too, but I do think about the upcoming one, LOL. The point is, a regular life leads us to not even think about drinking when we are engaged with just being people instead of to a drink.
Old 05-03-2019, 01:35 AM
  # 36 (permalink)  

Congratulations Free
Old 05-03-2019, 09:29 AM
  # 37 (permalink)  

Fantastic photos Free and well done on your 11 months
Old 05-04-2019, 07:56 AM
  # 38 (permalink)  

Thinking of some sober activity for today, I'm going to head downtown to see our annual bicycle tour that comes to our township, for some exercise and a bit of fresh air outdoors.
Old 05-05-2019, 02:19 AM
  # 39 (permalink)  
Ocean Lover!

The other day when I logged on and saw the “Class of May 2019” thread had just started it was such a weird feeling! Can’t believe we are here folks! So proud of you all and it’s been such a support and genuine pleasure to have taken this journey with you guys and gals. There will always be a little place reserved in my heart for you all. I quit drinking on 30th April but relapsed on 30 May, went on a binge for about 5 days, quit again and relapsed on the plane on the way to rehab 10th June so I am a little behind the class but stayed here as this class was my home and you are my sober family!

A huge congrats as each one of you hit that milestone. xx
Old 05-05-2019, 02:30 AM
  # 40 (permalink)  
Administrator

congrats t you too MantaLady

D