SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomer's Daily Support Threads (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-daily-support-threads/)
-   -   Class of May 2018 Part 5 (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-daily-support-threads/437959-class-may-2018-part-5-a.html)

Willow00 11-16-2019 02:43 AM

I’m feeling good about not drinking. I just went to an Aussie barbecue and really enjoyed being there despite everyone drinking beer while I drank soft drink :) a good Saturday afternoon, and now I’m off to bed nice and early. Planning on going to a yoga class tomorrow morning which will be fun.
I hope you’re all having a good weekend :)

Bumblebee2 11-16-2019 06:12 PM

Hi! Hope everyone is hanging a great weekend.

willow- this naked mind is a fantastic book. Maybe I should read it again... it is truly eye opening.

So so guess what, tomorrow I have no plans. No ccd teaching, no school drop offs, no piano, no Girl Scouts, no dance, no homework, no commitments, no plans!

my husband is going to visit my sister and the new baby. But I’m passing this time. And that is okay. I don’t have to do everything and try to please everyone.

i ultimately want to be highly productive tomorrow. I am productive daily... but I typically have an interrupted day, that is controlled by the time in the clock.

willow- I also pick may 2018 as my ‘significant day.’ Although there was the another time I drank in June. But I was already on my path in May. I made the choice and told my husband. Everyone’s journey looks different. And that is okay. So glad to see ya moving forward with your sober journey. Glad you enjoy the bbq!

have a fantastic day guys.
bumble

Willow00 11-17-2019 01:59 AM

Thanks Bumblebee :)
A day with no plans sounds fantastic! And you don’t have to be busy and achieve stuff, sometimes time out to do very little is precious downtime. It helps us reset and re-energise ourselves. Even just laying around with a good book is really good for the soul sometimes . Mine anyway :) I hope you enjoy your day no matter what you end up doing (or not doing) :)

Willow00 11-20-2019 01:41 PM

Hi aMAYzing Maysters! :)
I had a really bad funk yesterday, got caught in a downward spiral of negative head space, but today I decided to put on a new head. I ordered some SAMe online last night (I’ve found it helpful for balancing my mood in the past but had run out). I’m also getting into some exercise this morning with the intention of re-establishing my daily exercise routine. That also helps keep me on a more even keel emotionally.

If you’re still lurking around, pop in and say hi :wavey:

Bumblebee2 11-20-2019 06:10 PM

Hi!!!!!

hope everyone is doing well.

met with psychiatrist today. He is taking me off of one of my meds to help with urges. I told him I wasn’t taking it anyhow.

Good for you willow for trying to improve your head space. I never heard of SAM-e. Just read some reviews on it. It seems it can be helpful. Interesting to me.

exercise routine is fantastic too! I try my hardest to do some sort of exercise every other day for a minimum of 20 mins. It is so hard sometimes though.

Enjou your day everyone!!

Willow00 11-21-2019 12:55 PM

Hi Bumblebee 🙂 that’s good that you’re off the med, it sounds like you don’t need it anymore anyway :)
I hear you re the exercise, it’s hard to find both time and motivation! But I know that for me, it’s a really important part of maintaining a healthy mind set. It helps with anxiety, depression, overeating and staying sober :)
I about half an hour yesterday and am aiming for the same each day, at least 3 times a week but aiming for 6. I might as well aim high :)
Have a great day:)

Bumblebee2 11-27-2019 02:24 AM

Hi everyone!

hope all is well. I can’t complain here.

my daughter was sick over last weekend. We had to cancel a lot of plans. I missed a wedding i was supposed to go to. It was my husband’s co worker... so he still went. I stayed home with my daughter.

the old me would have been angry and disappointed to miss the wedding. Open bar, yes! But it was no big deal- I wasn’t really no big deal.

I actually had a drinking dream last night. Been a while since I had one of those. That feeling when you wake up and realize it was all a dream.... thank goodness.

sunday I wasn’t feeling well myself. So I told my husband I was going to have some ‘me time’ and laid down. Well I fell asleep for an hour and a half!!! It felt great my body was exhausted. That is very unlike me.

afterwards, my husband asked me if I was sneak drinking again! I reassured him I was not. Just tired. But I could see how he would think that. The old me would ‘not feel good’ and pass out. Ugh. Just thinking about that gives me a yucky feeling.

have a great day today guys. Kids are off school for thanksgiving break. Looking forward to the day.

happy thanksgiving to those that celebrate 😊

Willow00 11-28-2019 01:16 AM

Hi Bumblebee :wavey:

I’m glad you didn’t feel you missed out too much by not going to the wedding. Your daughter needed you and that’s more important, and I hope she’s better now. I haven’t had a drinking dream for a while, but I remember that feeling of relief when you know it wasn’t real!

I’m happy to be back on 2 weeks sober and I’m feeling good and positive. I learned a lot after drinking again and I feel like I’m better prepared for long term sobriety now. I don’t think my heart was fully in it last time, so I was staying sober on will power, which is really tiring!

But I feel like something has shifted this time. I’m not saying it will be easy, I know the AV has many sneaky tricks to try and trip me up, but I feel like I’m more determined and I really want a sober life. It’s hard to put in words, but I think I have realised on a deeper level that not only is drinking a bad idea, but I have hope that I really can build a fulfilling and happy life without alcohol, that will be better than I could ever have with alcohol.

I think it was coming to the realisation that I was actually a happy kid before I ever drank, and that alcohol actually contributed to the depression and anxiety downward spiral rather than me using alcohol to cope. I mean I did use alcohol to cope with my feelings, but I hadn’t realised that alcohol was really just making everything worse and that it was a false “fix” because it just dragged me down further.

Anyway, whatever it is that’s shifted, it feels like I really believe I can do it this time and I actually don’t want to drink again. Last time part of me still wanted to drink. Now I don’t want to anymore :)

Willow00 12-01-2019 01:13 AM

Third consecutive sober weekend :)
So I’m up to day 18, and I’ve realised that all that sober time over the last 18 months wasn’t wasted. Even though on day 1 I felt dreadful and felt like I’d totally blown it. No, I learned heaps and I was building sober muscles. So even though my day count isn’t high, I still have all those lessons behind me, giving me strength to stay sober :)
Goodnight, it’s so good going to bed sober :)

Gettingcloser 12-01-2019 06:47 AM

This is so good to hear! Even though I am still sober since May 2018 I sometimes become uneasy with the old "what ifs?". It is very important for me to know that even if a relapse occurs (God forbid) I will be fine and I will work my way back. Thank you for your post!

Willow00 12-01-2019 02:25 PM

Gettingcloser I think we have to be really vigilant to not relapse though, because I think some people can take a long time to find their way back. There are some really good posts about this in the 24 hour thread. I don’t know how to link to them, but IcedVovo, Rose and Bandicoot posted about the AV and about relapse there.

I found Bandicoot’s post about the relapse ladder to be especially useful reading.
I’m not sure if this will work as I’ve never tried to link to another post before, but I’ll try, as I think is was an especially helpful post for me, that might help others too,

https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums...7-post145.html

Free2bme888 12-04-2019 07:17 PM

Herro.

Still here. Drinking on/off. Struggling.

Love you all.

Dee74 12-04-2019 07:30 PM

Posting here everyday worked last time to stop you drinking,Free - maybe it's time to try that again?

D

Willow00 12-04-2019 07:46 PM

Originally Posted by Free2bme888 (Post 7324965)
Herro.

Still here. Drinking on/off. Struggling.

Love you all.

Soooo good to see you Free, sorry you’re struggling, I was too, big time. But I’m 3 weeks sober again and feeling a bit better.
Sending you a huge hug :hug: and lots of support ❤️

Free2bme888 12-05-2019 06:35 PM

Thanks Dee and Willow😘

Willow00 12-07-2019 02:17 AM

Hope you’re doing ok Free :)
I had a moment of temptation to drink tonight when a waitress took a tray of red wine past when I was having dinner at the pub. Funnily, I wasn’t tempted when we went to the bar and I ordered sparkling water and my partner ordered beer. But that wine floating past did... but I quickly squashed the thought and ordered a second sparkling water. I’m glad I’m going to wake up hangover-free tomorrow morning. God I hate hangovers. I don’t ever want another one in my life.
Goodnight everyone x

Free2bme888 12-10-2019 06:58 PM

Thanks for the love

Dee74 12-10-2019 07:57 PM

Hi Free :wave:
we're always here for you if you want to reach out or have a chat :)

D

Bumblebee2 12-11-2019 05:21 AM

Hello!

Dealing with illness in my house again. My oldest daughter has been sick for 4 days. And my youngest daughter just started getting sick yesterday.

Everyone has been missing school. And I have had to cancel too many plans.

Over. It.

Hope all is well with you guys. Keep your head up free. One step in front of the other.

Willow, congrats on three sober weekends! You should be proud of yourself.

As for myself, I’m continuing to feel good in my sobriety, for the most part. Still a daily thought. But I still know, it will do me with absolutely nothing good.

There is a new book coming out in January I’m looking forward to called ‘we are the luckiest.’ The author has been very helpful for my journey.

Have a great one guys!!

Willow00 12-11-2019 12:47 PM

Originally Posted by Free2bme888 (Post 7330216)
Thanks for the love

Hi Free

:Val004: