# 322 (permalink)  
Administrator

welcome back Free

D
Old 11-04-2019, 04:47 AM
  # 323 (permalink)  

Thank you Willow, my friend.

Up restless.

Overcame strong urges last night during cooking-and during a stressful emotional time

Have a candle lit and shavasana music on.

Responsible for my own peace. Actively seeking it.

Wishing you all the same as well
Old 11-05-2019, 12:26 PM
  # 324 (permalink)  

A candle and savasana music sounds lovely and relaxing.
I think having alternative yummy refreshing non-alcoholic drinks ready on hand is really important to help keep the AV monster at bay.
It’s Wednesday morning here and I’m getting ready for a busy day working. Have a good day/night everyone
Old 11-06-2019, 07:32 AM
  # 325 (permalink)  

It's good to see you back here Free, it would seem that both of our drinking 'experiments' failed miserably. Not surprising really.

You, me, we, can all get back to where we were previously but it has to be a lesson learnt. Alcohol is our enemy, it will certainly damage us and may even try to kill us.

Best wishes to all, glad that the 'fallen' are still posting here and also those from May 18 that haven't fallen
Old 11-07-2019, 01:28 PM
  # 326 (permalink)  

Mine too, since slipping up and drinking, it’s even harder to resist the AV than before. Well maybe not harder than the early days, and the later days before I drank again. But somewhere in the middle I was doing ok. I think working on the underlying issues is key to maintaining sobriety. I’m still looking for the key. Because the claws of alcohol dig in deep and are dangerous alright, they don’t want to let go and will hurt us if we let it.

But we’re not alone and we can do it together. SR is a great support for me, and has been since I decided enough was enough back in May 2018. I had more than a year of sober days, and I will get there again, one day at a time, by remaining vigilant and working on the “stuff” that led me to drink in the first place.
Love and support to you all ❤️
Old 11-07-2019, 04:45 PM
  # 327 (permalink)  

Hey Free, Willow and John
I am glad you are still with us and posting. It is probably more important then ever now to stay close. The experiences that you are sharing are very important to me as well as, I am sure, many other readers. It reminds me that it is so not worth the first drink but also, even if I should dare attempt to drink again I can find my way back. You all have my full support and understanding.
Old 11-07-2019, 07:59 PM
  # 328 (permalink)  

Hi Gettingcloser, you’re so right!
It’s SO not worth the first drink.
Being and staying sober is SO much better
Old 11-08-2019, 04:42 PM
  # 329 (permalink)  

Hi guys!

im in the car with the family. We are on our way to Leesburg VA. We have a bat mitzvah we are attending tomorrow.

my friend Debbie (friend since 7th grade) just texting me. She said she has some ‘fun triple IPA’ for us to try. Debbie is a good friend, but lives 5 hours away. I’ve only seen her once since I quit and it was not a drinking situation.

i texted back ‘I don’t drink anymore’ it is always such a good feeling when someone else within my circle knows. It is not fun telling them sometimes... I fell silly, or embarrassed or emotional. But once it is out, and I feel support- it is such a breath of fresh air.

hubby, mom, dad, sis, bro in law, Cristin, Val, Darcy, Katie, Debbie. Pretty good support group there. Hoping two more people will be added to that list by the end of the weekend.

i love that this thread is more active again. And I do agree with getttingcloser- sharing your experiences (good, bad and ugly) is helpful for anyone on this path no matter what ‘day’ your at.

I have my own ‘ugly’ I often refer to when AV enters my mind. Laying in bed shaking, not being able to take care of my kids.....But knowing others stories also makes it so much more real and true.

Im feeling blessed today. Going to try my hardest to enjoy this weekend with my family. Life has been going by so fast, busy busy busy. My girls are 7 and almost 5!!! They are so smart, healthy, and beautiful. I am beyond lucky god picked me to be their mama. I need to remember this more and appreciate the moment.

have a great weekend everyone!!!
Old 11-09-2019, 01:09 PM
  # 330 (permalink)  

Great post Bumblebee! ❤️
It’s Sunday morning here and a beautiful sunny day, I’m off to the beach for a walk.
Have a lovely day everyone
Old 11-09-2019, 01:48 PM
  # 331 (permalink)  
Administrator

Have a good weekend everyone

D
Old 11-10-2019, 04:27 AM
  # 332 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
Have a good weekend everyone

D
day

Thanks Dee, you too but maybe the weekend is already over where you are?

I reach one month today and my AV is saying celebrate but I won't be fooled. I've made that mistake before.

Best wishes to all
Old 11-10-2019, 02:09 PM
  # 333 (permalink)  
Administrator

It is now John yeah

D
Old 11-13-2019, 12:40 PM
  # 334 (permalink)  

Just back from being away for a few days.
A busy day ahead to make up for being away.
Stuff doesn’t get put on hold while we’re away, it piles up!
Back to it today to catch up with everything before the weekend.
And I’m back to day 1. Again. Arrrhhhhh.
But I’m not giving in. Today I will not drink.
And I will book that mental health doctor’s appointment that I keep putting off.
Old 11-13-2019, 02:32 PM
  # 335 (permalink)  
Administrator

Have you thought about why its easier for you to drink again Willow?

D
Old 11-13-2019, 05:59 PM
  # 336 (permalink)  

Hi Dee, yes because I’ve been feeling so crappy, and I had less days under my belt and alcohol more recently back in my system. I know it’s addictive and having given in recently made it easier to give in again. I know that I use alcohol to escape emotional pain and I know that it doesn’t work and only makes things worse after the temporary numbness. Intellectually I know all of this and that the answers aren’t in a bottle. I have to tackle the deep well of sadness and feelings of inadequacy that’s inside, in some other way other than trying to numb or escape from the feelings. I’m annoyed at myself for giving in to the AV that’s a constant companion. It’s never gone away, and I don’t think it ever will, I have to get better at not giving in to it. And I will. I’m not going to drink today. I’m going to catch up on sleep and go and see my doctor next week. And get back to being more vigilant and put more tools back in place that I’d let slip a bit, like regular exercise and healthy meals.
Old 11-13-2019, 06:07 PM
  # 337 (permalink)  
Administrator

sounds like the basics of a good plan willow.
I believe you can do this - and I also believe that with enough work and effort we can all actually leave the AV chatter in the past, where it belongs

D
Old 11-14-2019, 02:11 AM
  # 338 (permalink)  

Hi everyone

john congrats on one month. Willow congrats on you determination. You guys both got this.

so I had an awesome time at the bat mitzvah and in Virginia over the weekend. The bat mitzvah reception was seriously like a wedding reception. They really did it up. Food was amazing, so many options... candy bar.. photo booth... photographer... sit down dinner served AND open bar.

I had little to no problem not drinking. I did tell Debbie about my issues/past 1.5 years with alcohol. It is getting easier to talk about. feels good.

at the end of the night we all went to my friend Amy’s house. Guess who was DD from the hotel to Amy’s... yep. My husband, Debbie and her husband were all drinking at the banquet and continued to drink.

my husband stayed in line, for the most part. Debbie and her husband were wasted. It was good/weird/uncomfortable to see them so drunk. It’s like looking in the mirror that is very hard to look at.

the next morning at breakfast Debbie was hungover, had to leave mid breakfast. I felt great.

So over all, the weekend went fantastic. And I had fun. Danced and loved it.

my girls also had a blast!

Yesterday my sister had her baby. I am now an aunt to a baby girl named Stella. Going to visit her today. Super excited. Life is truly amazing and precious.

have a great day guys. And be proud of yourself today... no matter where your at in this journey. You are doing it
Old 11-14-2019, 02:22 AM
  # 339 (permalink)  
Administrator

congratulations on becoming an aunt Bumblebee!

D
Old 11-14-2019, 01:27 PM
  # 340 (permalink)  

Great post Bumblebee! And congratulations on being an Auntie, that’s wonderful news ❤️
Yesterday I was feeling a bit wretched, physically and emotionally. I really don’t miss hangovers, even mild ones! Ugggh. It would have been my 18 months soberversary if I’d stayed on course, but instead it was day 1

But regrets won’t get me anywhere unless I learn from my mistakes.
Today I’m feeling much more positive and more determined than ever to make sobriety stick.
I picked up Annie Grace’s “This naked mind” again yesterday. I started reading it ages ago. It mentioned Allan Carr’s book about stopping smoking, which I read years ago and stopped smoking. I remember how that book had a huge impact on me and changed my life at that point. I was smoking a packet a day at that time and couldn’t seem to stop. From the moment I finished that book I never touched a cigarette again. It completely changed the way I thought about smoking. I have a feeling “This naked mind” may well have a significant impact on the way I think about drinking too. I was feeling hopeful reading it yesterday anyway, and looking forward to reading more today.
So I’m still considering 14th May 2018 as a hugely significant day when I decided to stop drinking.
Exactly 18 months on, 14th November 2019 is when I make it stick. For good.

Happy Friday everyone