Notices

Class of May 2018 Part 5

Old 08-02-2019, 02:31 AM
  # 281 (permalink)  
Administrator

The great thing I learned John is we can decide when a behaviour has run its course - it's a decision not up to the behaviour

Whether you're getting drunk, overly drunk or not really drunk at all - it's a dance on the side of self destruction and you deserve better, man.

D
Old 08-02-2019, 05:21 AM
  # 282 (permalink)  
Administrator

Bon voyage willow - I understand you're off travelling.

I know you want a technology break, but given the posts you've made here and elsewhere about being nervous about this break, and given the relentlessness of addiction...maybe making sure you can access SR on you phone is not a crazy idea?

you may never have to log in, but..its good to know is there?

D
Old 08-02-2019, 06:50 AM
  # 283 (permalink)  

Thanks Dee and yes, I do deserve better so will not be drinking anymore. Today I am sober and I intend to remain so going forward.
Old 08-13-2019, 03:51 PM
  # 284 (permalink)  

How’s everyone doing?

school is starting soon, summer almost over.
Old 08-13-2019, 09:03 PM
  # 285 (permalink)  

Hi!

Still here.

Doing ok

Moving to Vail Colorado.
Old 08-14-2019, 06:12 PM
  # 286 (permalink)  
Administrator

How far is Vail from where you are now Free?

D
Old 08-15-2019, 05:00 PM
  # 287 (permalink)  

That is exciting free! Are you happy about the move?

i have been having a lot of emotions with summer coming to an end. I’m ready for the girls to be in school again.. they have been really bratty lately.

but I am grateful for a really nice summer. We had the opportunity to go on two vacations, my youngest daughter learned how to ride her bike without training wheels and swim without a floaty. My oldest daughter is able to jump off the diving board and starting cheerleading. I have a preschooler and first grader. Time goes by fast guys.. I swear faster the older I get. And I’m 38... soon to be 39.

i hope you guys have a good day. Even if your not posting- I’m thinking I’m about each of you!
Old 08-19-2019, 12:17 AM
  # 288 (permalink)  

Two hours and 15 minutes by car, about 142 miles into the continental divide in the mountains.

I have been offered free rent in one of the most expensive places and then one of the most beautiful places in the world to live

The last day of the job that brought me out here is this coming Friday. I owe them $20,000 for breaking my three-year contract. I don’t care.

I need a break, and I’m going to live off of some of my savings for a while.

The person with whom I am living with is a retired Doctor Who lost his wife to cancer 3 1/2 years ago. He is the most awesome person I have ever met. I am not “in love “nor am I blind. I am both eyes and ears open, and at our ages, and especially after my terrible relationship with John, I have all of my antenna up for problems. And I don’t see any

He is about to do and wants to travel with me around the world. He is teaching me how to golf, and the condo he is sharing with me is just a few hundred feet from the gondola that takes you up on top of Vail Mountain.

I have had a few sips of wine here and there, and I am not withholding anything there. Still toying with not drinking at all forever.

What is really awesome is that David‘s best friend has a girlfriend my age who does not drink it all and goes to AA. I think we will become best friends

Thank you all for your support and love despite my slips and my ambivalence at this time

Hope everyone is well
Old 08-19-2019, 02:12 AM
  # 289 (permalink)  
Administrator

I really hope you decide to recommit to not drinking at all Free - this could be the start of a great new chapter for you, if you let it be.

D
Old 09-07-2019, 07:20 PM
  # 290 (permalink)  

Hi!

We we have been quiet lately. Where is everyone at?

john?
willow? Are you going to come back from your break?
free? Your move sounds exciting!! How is it going?
hi Dee!

Things are going okay for me. School started back up for the girls and I’m busy with everything and anything.

picked up two days of work, might do more. Cheerleading for my oldest daughter, piano lessons and practice too. Packing lunches. Volunteering to teach faith formation and for Girl Scouts.

Ive been feeling blah lately. Right now it is Saturday night, laying in bed at 10:17 pm. My neighbors and husband are in the back yard drinking and having a fire. I was hanging out earlier, but left. I was the only not drinking... it gets old sometimes. I envy them... I can hear them having fun.

well, I suppose I’ll be the one laughing in the morning when I’m refreshed and no hangover.

going to read my new book- the power of now... anyone read it before? I just started it.

have a good one - hope to here from you soon
Old 09-07-2019, 07:47 PM
  # 291 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi bumblebee

D
Old 09-10-2019, 02:12 PM
  # 292 (permalink)  

Hi everyone

Sorry for my extended absence, but I haven’t even logged onto SR since I left. Nor Facebook or any other social media. I put auto replies on my emails and an absence greeting on my phone. It was so liberating! I got to go and just be in the moment with life and not be constantly drawn to electronics. I experienced freezing cold wind and rain to stinking hot humid sun, mountains, lakes, rivers, valleys, wildflowers, wilderness, and the contrasting crazy busy cities and motorways across several different counties. I got back a couple of days ago and slept for 2 days.

I’m just now catching up with emails, SR, social media and returning phone calls etc and getting organised to get back into the routine of daily life. Unfortunately I came down with a cold/flu and am now on antibiotics for a chest infection so I am a bit under the weather, but I am just going to relax with hot honey and lemon drinks and rest at home for a few days before getting back to work next week
I hope you’re all doing ok!
Love, Willow
Old 09-10-2019, 02:59 PM
  # 293 (permalink)  
Administrator

Great to hear from you willow - and welcome back
Hope you're out of the fire danger zone.

D
Old 09-10-2019, 08:20 PM
  # 294 (permalink)  

I’m safe thanks Dee, although I feel for those who are in the scary zones, it seems like so much of Australia is on fire
Old 09-11-2019, 11:18 AM
  # 295 (permalink)  
Ocean Lover!

Hey Maysters! Glad you had some off grid time and got to relax a bit Willow x

How’s everyone else doing?

I haven’t checked out this thread for a few months, in fact I have been posting less and less on SR but when I do there is always someone who has to be a dick and I just can’t be bothered with it anymore. I don’t mean on this thread, love all the Maysters!

I returned to my old type of work which is building back up the savings but I am getting anxiety most days. My AV has been active too and I am really wanting just one night of drunk. I am a bit bitter that i can’t do it as I cannot guarantee it would be one night only, the risk is too great that I will fall back into regular drinking, I am having an internal super sulk about it. Luckily since quitting I realised that there is no actual alcohol that I like the taste of which does make it easier to resist lol x
Old 09-11-2019, 05:05 PM
  # 296 (permalink)  
Administrator

good to hear from you too Manta - so glad both you guys have found recovery

D
Old 09-13-2019, 05:49 PM
  # 297 (permalink)  

Hi Manta I haven’t been posting much either, mostly because I’m so busy! But ticking along happily at the moment. I think no matter what we’re doing, we’ll always have to stay mindful of our choices and choose to live life on our terms
Now that I’m home, I’m trying to balance work with relaxation time for myself. I don’t want to get too caught up in work like I have done in the past. I’m trying to make sure I keep in touch with doing the things I love to do in my spare time, like go to the beach, practice yoga and read novels I think I’m finally learning to have work/life balance
Old 09-24-2019, 02:52 PM
  # 298 (permalink)  

Hi guys!

hope all is well.

i will come here often to read, but haven’t posted much.

Not much to update regarding sobriety. I had my second sober birthday... officially 39.

things are going well. I am also busy and trying balance things Willow.

im still overeating at times and gaining weight. I saw a number on the scale yesterday that really saddened me. Pretty much I’ve gained 26 lbs since my last drink. Going to try counting calories and sticking to it, that has been helpful in the past for me.

ive been working about once a week. Just a substitute position. It is nice to get out of the house and do something different. Some extra money is always nice too.

girls are busy with cheerleading, ballet, tap, jazz, Girl Scouts, piano, homework... nonstop

im volunteering as a faith formation teacher and troop leader.

i can’t complain, life is good.

have a great day guys
Old 09-24-2019, 03:30 PM
  # 299 (permalink)  

Hi Guys,
Thought I would weigh in. This is a great thread! I am still sober and going strong. I keep getting better and stronger although it is surprising how long it takes the brain to return to its natural self.
Old 09-30-2019, 02:24 PM
  # 300 (permalink)  

Hi guys,
Nice to hear from you Gettingcloser
I haven’t been posting much lately, life has gotten so busy lately!
Bumblebee I too have put on a little weight and just recently noticed that my exercise seems to have fallen away a bit lately, mainly since I got out of a routine when I was on holidays and travelling. My exercise routine hasn’t really been reinstated properly since I got back. I’ve made a few half-hearted attempts, but I really need to get more proactive about daily exercise.
So that’s my current goal, back to regular daily exercise, something every day, even if it’s a just a brisk 20 minute walk