SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomer's Daily Support Threads (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-daily-support-threads/)
-   -   Class of May 2018 Part 5 (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-daily-support-threads/437959-class-may-2018-part-5-a.html)

Dee74 07-15-2019 02:26 PM

I'm really glad to hear that Free! :)

D

Willow00 07-15-2019 03:34 PM

Such true words Free. So very true.
I’m so glad you’re still here with us :hug:

I know what my Mum would say Dee.
Mum was a teetotaler all her life. How on earth did I wind up drinking so much?
Mum would also say I can have fun while the others are drinking. She always drank lemon squash :)
Maybe I’ll take up drinking lemon squash. It’s funny, because I always avoided anything with sugar in it, thinking I was being “healthy “ but instead scoffed gallons of alcohol instead. Yeah, really healthy that! Mum used to worry about my liver. Luckily all my liver enzymes are fine on my most recent blood tests (they weren’t quite so fine a couple of years ago...). So I’ll try to take Mum’s advice Dee, and have fun with my lemon squash :)

Willow00 07-15-2019 03:39 PM

This is one of my old posts from last year that Kaily shared in the weekenders:

What I have learned in the last 2 weeks:
1. We can do anything we set our mind to, but it helps enormously to have the support of caring people (thanks everyone on SR!)
2. I can have lots of fun sober, even when everyone else is drinking around me
3. My drinking friends and family will continue to love me sober
4. I like waking up hangover-free much more than I like the first buzz of drinking
5. The AV is a liar
6. I feel so much more positive, less depressed and less anxious sober
7. I sleep better without alcohol in my system
8. I am grateful for the chance to live the second half of my life sober
9. I can cherish and embrace every moment more richly when my senses aren’t dulled by alcohol
10. Life actually is brighter and more sparkling when I’m sober

I need to remind myself of this daily so I’ve copied it into my phone :)

Willow00 07-19-2019 02:58 PM

Is anyone else still around in the class of May? :scared:

John65 07-20-2019 03:03 PM

Hi all

I have thrown away over a year of sobriety, this week I drank a little wine and a couple of beers. Madness.

The way it has gone in the past - a period of sobriety, then a little wine, a couple of beers and a week or two later the spirits enter the equation and all hell breaks loose.

This time I'm aiming to break that cycle and just treat this as a blip.

Willow00 07-20-2019 07:32 PM

It can be just a blip John. You can do this. We all have hiccups along the way but the fact that you’re here posting is really awesome. Well done for still being here on SR. We’re all in this crazy journey together

Dee74 07-20-2019 08:26 PM

I'm really sorry you drank too John.
Have to say I hate seeing the way the AV can move through a group like this.

The AV can only do damage if we let it in, guys.
I really urge everyone to redouble your efforts to stay in recovery.

Its the only way forward.

D

Willow00 07-20-2019 10:28 PM

Thanks for being such a steadfast rock of reassurance Dee. I really appreciate knowing you’re in our corner :)

Bumblebee2 07-24-2019 04:05 PM

Hello everyone.

hope all is well. Sorry I haven’t been around.

john and free- stick with our group, we all have your back. We all know what day 1 feels like... and are here to support ya.

have your guys heard of sobriety being compared to an obstacle course that is challenging in the beginning with bunnies at the end? Dee? It is really enlightening metaphor, especially for those in the early days... I will try to find it to reference it. Not sure of the author.

life has been treating me well. We had a nice vacation, feels good to be home. Last year we went to the beach I was maybe 2 months sober. This year was more enjoyable, relaxing... still had thoughts of enjoying a drink in the beach or with dinner. But I know I can’t. It is never A drink with me.

we drove home Saturday. Left at 5 am and drove 13 hours. 9:30 at night my 4 year old daughter got hurt playing rough with her sister. We had to go to the ER, dislocated her elbow! Doc popped it back in and she is fine now. But it was a long day and long night.

before the injury, all my neighbors were drinking outside, so grateful I wasn’t and able to take my little girl to the hospital, sober.

have a great day everyone!!!
bumble

Dee74 07-24-2019 04:24 PM

good to hear from you bumblebee - I hope we hear from everyone else soon :)

D

Willow00 07-24-2019 08:34 PM

Hi Bumblebee :)
I’m glad you had a good holiday and that your daughter is ok!
I’ve been working a fair bit but have today off, and I’m feeling so lazy that I’ve done nothing much except veg out on the couch and read a book! Very lazy day :)

Willow00 07-28-2019 02:19 PM

Hi Maysters, hope you’re hanging in there, or lurking with the idea to come back. I’m hanging out over in the weekenders so feel free to come over and say hi :)
Sending you all lots of love and support ❤️

Bumblebee2 07-28-2019 07:53 PM

Hi!!!!
hope all is well with you guys.

looking forward to some ‘me time’ this week, starting tomorrow morning. The girls are going to a camp this week. Monday-Friday 9am- 12pm.

tomorrow I plan on going for a long run and shower (uninterrupted.)

enjoy your day everyone
bumble

Willow00 07-29-2019 02:07 PM

Hi Bumble :wavey:

Only 4 days til holidays :)

Bumblebee2 08-01-2019 01:23 PM

Hi!!!
im not able to look around here too often. Has anyone heard from free or John? I was just thinking about them. If you guys are reading this, I hope your having a good day!

i am enjoying this week. The girls are at camp each morning. And I am having some uninterrupted free time. I feel like I shouldn’t complain since I don’t work... but it is nice to have me time!

i

Willow00 08-01-2019 02:40 PM

Hi Bumble :wavey:
No, they haven’t checked in here for a bit. Hope everyone is ok.
Sending lots of love and support to everyone

Dee74 08-01-2019 04:06 PM

Hope you're doing ok too, Willow? :)

Free2bme888 08-01-2019 09:29 PM

Hi everyone. Still here. Lurking. Doing ok

Love you all

Dee74 08-01-2019 09:45 PM

No need to lurk Free :)

D

John65 08-02-2019 02:04 AM

Hi everyone :wavey:

Thanks Bumble, Willow, Dee, Free :)

I'm still around too. I have been drinking a little over the past two weeks and on one night had a bit too much. There has been no drama though and I think this has just about run its course. The fact is alcohol doesn't really do anything for me anymore.

Take care,

John