Notices

Class of September 2018 Part 5

Old 06-08-2019, 05:31 AM
  # 261 (permalink)  

Good morning

Another full day of work today, then my 'weekend' begins!

Have a fantastic day!

Old 06-08-2019, 05:34 AM
  # 262 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by wildflower70 View Post
Hope you get some well needed rest Final, otherwise you may be too tired and worn out to enjoy those retirement years! Relax...
This is my dilemma.

But, I will keep coming here to be reminded by you guys to slow down.
Thanks for being here.

It's going to be a beautiful weekend here so I am going to enjoy it. Well, some of it. Lol
Old 06-08-2019, 05:34 AM
  # 263 (permalink)  

Hello Wildflower!
Old 06-09-2019, 04:32 AM
  # 264 (permalink)  

How's it going Final?
Now I'm waking up at 3-3:30 am....my body is so out of wack with it's internal clock. I can't remember the last time I slept a normal 7-8 hours.

I've tried everything on the market, Natural and prescription, nothing has helped me to sleep. Have you heard of this before Dee in the 1st year of recovery???
Old 06-09-2019, 04:53 AM
  # 265 (permalink)  
Administrator

It's not something I've heard of specifically later on in recovery, although I go through phases of insomnia due to meds I'm on.

Have you tried all the usual things - cut back on coffee, cigs and other stimulants... establish a routine regular bed time? keep the room dark?

Failing all that, maybe seeing a Dr wf?

D
Old 06-09-2019, 06:07 AM
  # 266 (permalink)  

Worked yesterday for half a day. Then enjoyed the weather at home. Lawn maintenance and gardening. These are just perfect days. Mid 70's, 0 humidity. Everything is full and green.
Waiting for our new riding lawn mower to arrive. My son cuts the lawn and he's excited to use a rider instead of the push one.
Enjoying my coffee on the deck with the waterfall going in my koi pond.
I'm sorry your having trouble sleeping WF. Do you feel tired during the day? Not sure what to say for that. If you still feel rested and energetic I guess that's ok.

Have a great Sunday.
Old 06-09-2019, 11:34 AM
  # 267 (permalink)  

Failing all that, maybe seeing a Dr wf?

I've tried everything Dee. Any prescriptions I've been given work for 1-2 nights, then I'm back at it. I feel awake at 3:30, so instead of rolling around for another few hours I get up. I'm now going to bed super early, 8:30, and taking naps when needed. Doc says not to worry because I'm still getting enough rest with naps. So, I'm gonna keep doing what I'm doing! It's all good...and here in the AZ heat, it's the only time you even want to go outside

Have a great Sunday!
Old 06-10-2019, 04:16 AM
  # 268 (permalink)  

Morning.
Old 06-10-2019, 06:02 PM
  # 269 (permalink)  

So here is a strange one.

My sisters husband has been in the restaurant industry his hole life and a heavy drinker. Always a jolly drunk but in the past few years he's been an all day drinker. And he started hiding vodka around the house to mix with his "juice". My sister has been on him about quitting or at least slowing down. He's had a few runs of sober time but ends up hiding vodka and drinking any chance. Sounds like a lot of us.
My oldest son went next door tonight and my brother in law proceeded to tell him how he went to his first aa meeting yesterday and started confessing to my 19 year old how his drinking has become a problem at home. I guess he even mentioned maybe I could go to a meeting with him.
This all struck me as very odd. I'm not sure what to make of it. My struggles with drinking have mostly been kept within the confines of our four walls. And my biggest problem jhas been that those I'm closest with (wife especially) don't see me as a problem drinker or don't want me to quit.
My brother in law has been out of work for a few months as well which has added to the strain in their marriage. I'm sure I will hear more from him tomorrow.
Just an odd thing to bring up randomly to his 19 year old nephew.
Going to bed early. Good night.
Old 06-10-2019, 07:17 PM
  # 270 (permalink)  

Maybe he was just reaching out to the first available person, and your son happened to be there...? He also knows you've been working on sobriety right? So maybe he thought your son would give him the thumbs up for trying to quit too. Maybe he was feeling guilty if your son has seen him drunk? I wouldn't worry about it Final.....

Back to work for me again tomorrow.....

Today is 9 months sober!!!

Have a peaceful night
Old 06-10-2019, 07:26 PM
  # 271 (permalink)  
Administrator

When I quit I wanted to tell everyone - partly because I was obsessed with quitting but also because I wanted support. I was terrified i'd fail.

Confiding in a 19yo nephew is a little odd, and a large burden to try and put on them but maybe your brotherin law isn't thinking that far ahead yet?

D
Old 06-11-2019, 04:34 AM
  # 272 (permalink)  

Another awesome milestone WF! 9 months! So happy you have found peace in your sober path. You are doing fantastic.

A solid nights sleep for me. Woke to a rainy spring morning after several really nice days. Just what the gardens need after all that sunshine.

I enjoy these rainy days. Feels like a good cleanse. As long as it doesn't last a week though.
Old 06-12-2019, 05:34 AM
  # 273 (permalink)  

Good morning class. Another beautiful day. We have had almost no humidity this spring and the temps have been perfect. Gardens and lawns are lush. It's a good time to be present.

My son graduates middle school this week. We'll be going to dinner afterwards with the grandparents. Mine included . My fingers are crossed.

A lot going on and to do before I take my vacation. Trying to wrap things up and have everything in order. Not too busy this week so that helps. Although, it never fails the day before I leave the crap hits the fan. Maybe not this year. I really need this quiet time away.

Have a great day guys.
Old 06-12-2019, 10:01 PM
  # 274 (permalink)  

Hi guys, wow my week got really busy! Just checking in to say hello

Off to bed, and I'm sleeping a little better now!

I guess the old saying really is true:

This too shall pass.

Old 06-13-2019, 04:26 AM
  # 275 (permalink)  

Last night my parents were at dinner. My father said he Was not going to go to my sons graduation. He wanted to do some fishing because the tides are good. (Really). He doesn't miss a single event for my sisters kids. But, this I expected.

But as we were leaving, my son asked his grandfather personally to go to his graduation. My son is very excited as he usually is about all his accomplishments.

We will see. But this would certainly be the final nail in the coffin if he disappoints him. Either way, I'm ok and will handle it.

I'll keep you posted.
Old 06-13-2019, 07:44 PM
  # 276 (permalink)  

Sounds familiar Final, my mom doesn't attempt to contact my adult children, but will spend her last dime to fly my brothers kids(adults) in to see her. Her favoritism for my brothers over me has clearly carried on to the next generation. My kids have washed their hands of her, and who could blame them? Your son will be able to eventually see and understand that some people are just jerks, sometimes even those who claim to love us.

Odd how much we have in common......take good care
Old 06-14-2019, 05:31 AM
  # 277 (permalink)  

My father showed up for the graduation. Yay! Would have been difficult not to after the personal invite from my son. Then we all went out for a celebratory dinner. It was a nice evening.
Don't think any milestones achieved between him and I but he did not let down his grandson. That's a win. I'm ok with where I stand.

WF, I'm not sure it's a favoritism. I really believe it's a need thing. They give the most attention to the ones that need them the most. And that take the most. Your mom won't offer to pay for you because you've probably always paid for yourself anyway.
Perfect example. Few years ago my parents were getting rid of an older car they had. It had a damaged fender but still had value. I told them I was interested in it and they wanted full market from me. Even with the damage because they know I can fix it and can afford it.
They ended up fixing it, giving it to my sisters daughter, and even kept it registered and insured in their own names! REALLY!

Our parents love us. Just as we love our kids. They just treat us differently.
Old 06-14-2019, 06:46 AM
  # 278 (permalink)  

I see what your saying Final.....

But my mom is just a jerk to me...always has been.

The good news is, now that I'm sober, I'm over it.
Old 06-14-2019, 07:45 PM
  # 279 (permalink)  

I'm crawling into bed early to read a good book. Busy day tomorrow and then the weekend begins!

Have a good night guys...
Old 06-15-2019, 06:09 AM
  # 280 (permalink)  

My dad is a jerk to me too. I think I just try to rationalize it the way I do.

Packing for our road trip to Virginia this morning. Looking forward to the peace and quiet.

Have a great weekend.