Old 04-06-2019, 05:53 PM
  # 61 (permalink)  
Administrator

Thanks Listae

D
Old 04-07-2019, 05:23 AM
  # 62 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
Did drinking help any of those things H?

D
Dee it didn't help. But I think those were the triggers, and the next day I was here. A few more have been added to the list.
Old 04-07-2019, 05:25 AM
  # 63 (permalink)  

Have a busy day ahead. Clean up grocery shopping and cooking for the week.
The boys will be with me this week, and the weekend going out of town for my son's tournament.
Old 04-07-2019, 05:39 AM
  # 64 (permalink)  

Hello all. Feeling quite rough today, bit of a chill. Aching all over. I've had a hot bath but now I've gt a headache. Missed boxing this morning as I wasn't really up for it.

Found out that we're moving house in summer, something we've been waiting for and it's been a bit complicated, but yep, 3 - 4 months left renting, then a place of our own in a different town (well village). Wife and kids excited.

Tons of stuff to plan for the move and years and years of collected crap to get rid of, but it's all good.

Drinking now seems like a lifetime away. I've had no real urges for ages now. Same with the smoking. I sleep like a baby pretty much every night, and get everything I need to get done, done on time. There are still things that I don't like doing, but it's just part of life.
Old 04-07-2019, 06:58 AM
  # 65 (permalink)  

Hello everyone!

About a week after my last drink (Jan 10) my sisters looped me into a group text. Our youngest sister turns 30 today and they were planning a surprise birthday bash for her, beginning with the rental of a party bus/dive bar adventure. I remember laughing to myself after reading that. At that particular time, I would've preferred spending the day inside a Hieronymus Bosch painting.

I'm still very early in sobriety, but this time is different. That's all I tell myself. I'm done.
I let my sisters know last week via a long email. I wanted to tell them before, but kept putting it off. They wrote back immediately and were very supportive, which was wonderful. I also took a screen shot of my sober app day counter and put it on social media April Fool's Day as a *wink wink* non-joke. Got a lot of support from that as well. All of this helped to make my non-drinking even more real.

Yesterday was a blast to witness My little sister was shocked and had one of the best days of her life. It wasn't super easy at times for me, but I stayed on SR mentally when I occasionally heard the AV whispering. Like I said, I'm done. My drinks were 1 San Pellegrino Limonata, 1 Vernors Ginger Soda and 2 cans of Pepsi. I also ate probably 1 foot off of the 10 foot sandwich at the after party in my parent's garage.

Anyway, sorry for the long post. I just wanted to report that this alcoholic survived a trip to the Hellmouth (aka a booze-filled bus of millennials) and returned with his sobriety intact and stronger than ever. We can do this
✌💚💪
-Z
Old 04-07-2019, 07:44 AM
  # 66 (permalink)  

Hello everyone I am home from my weekend away for my brother's birthday and we had a great time. I also feel much more confident about family things, weddings and Christmas because I was around my family who all drank, and it was no big deal that I just had sparkling water. I actually quite enjoyed being in a pub (and later the airport) absolutely full of drunk men watching the races knowing that I would wake up with a clear head the next day.

My dad did make a comment which was a little strange. My brother made a joke about how I could be sensible and find our way back to the hotel because I hadn't had wine, and my mum (who has been very supportive) said that I don't drink anymore. My dad (who I have never discussed it with) said, 'Well, for now.'

It annoyed me a bit because he seemed to assume he knows better and implied that it isn't ok with him. He also offered me wine twice when I was at their house for mother's day last week. I don't really want to have a big conversation about it, but hopefully by stacking up more sober time it will show him that I am serious about it.

H - glad you are back on track. Hope you have a great time at the tournament. It sounds like he has been doing great so far so I hope he smashes it!

Paperbag - Sorry you are feeling rubbish great news about the house though and amazing that drinking feels so alien now.

Zig - I can't get over your story! You are amazing. Well done, that is so great. I am craving a San Pellegrino Limonata now lol

I'm glad to see you all doing so well. Hope you have a great week ahead. Love to you all xx
Old 04-07-2019, 08:33 AM
  # 67 (permalink)  

Awesome job Sophie!
Old 04-07-2019, 11:04 AM
  # 68 (permalink)  

Well done everyone on overcoming your sobriety challenges. Zig, Sophie, Dee on your 12 years and everyone else who's just still here

I had a nice weekend with my boyfriend. Friday night dinner and a movie with friends, Saturday brunch with friends and then spent some time just relaxing at their apartment, Saturday night another movie with a different friend, Sunday brunch just us. Now I'm at my favorite coffee shop, soaking up the relaxation and spring weather all I can before I have to start another workweek tomorrow.

I am getting more used to being around alcohol and not drinking. I did have an odd moment yesterday when a friend poured glasses of wine for both me and my boyfriend without asking, at her apartment. My boyfriend was very clever and managed to find a way to casually hand the other glass off to her husband instead, while she was busy putting their child down for a nap. She was a little bit weird about it when she eventually realized what had happened ("are you sure? are you sure you don't want any??") but no big deal. I think that most of our friends are starting to absorb the fact that I'm not drinking anymore and are fine with it; other than that one incident, no one has given me any resistance or even asked about it.

I've told my boyfriend not to go out of his way to avoid drinking around me. It's still hard to see him order a drink sometimes, but if it's just the two of us he normally has only 1-2 drinks. I know that at any time if I asked him not to, he wouldn't. I just feel it's better for me to try to get used to it. It will always be all around me. I can't base my sobriety around only being OK when alcohol isn't around. I need to learn how to deal with it when it is.

Have a lovely Sunday all, x.
Old 04-07-2019, 11:08 AM
  # 69 (permalink)  

I'm proud of you Zig, Sophie, and SBS for navigating slippery situations without drinking! Way to go Januarians!

I don't know if this will help anyone or not but this is what the addiction therapist told me. She said after 90 days, we will face some tests on our sobriety (much like the situations you described Zig, Sophie, and SBS). I guess it's a time when a lot of people relapse.

I'm certainly facing a test in getting job rejections from positions for which I am over-qualified. I'm really angry and irritable to a point that I've never been. (Don't worry, I am not planning on hurting myself or others. But I'm at the point that a kickboxing or karate class seems like a good idea.)

Anyway, I know drinking is not going to help. Drinking when I'm super pissed off at the hole that I've dug myself into is not going to solve the core problems that I face.

So, what are we going to call April. We got through "Freedom February" and "Mindful March" but what is the mantra for April?

How about "Acceptance April"? Any other ideas?
Old 04-07-2019, 11:46 AM
  # 70 (permalink)  

That is really interesting and I think very true, listae! I'm glad you shared that as I definitely feel like I'm entering a new phase with sobriety, so maybe this is what the therapist was talking about. Also interesting that several of us have been confronted with challenging situations this weekend. I'm so proud of us

Lots of us will be approaching 100 days now. Let's absolutely smash it!
Old 04-07-2019, 04:00 PM
  # 71 (permalink)  

Good thoughts listae. I agree Sophie, let's smash it.

Day 86 here. After April 12, I may begin counting in months Although maybe I'll keep doing both; the day count is pretty satisfying. I've been writing the number of each day every day in my journal, and I do think it helps me stay on track.
Old 04-07-2019, 04:19 PM
  # 72 (permalink)  
Administrator

Congrats on 89 days SBTS and congrats to everyone else too on their milestones today no matter what day it is

D
Old 04-08-2019, 03:22 AM
  # 73 (permalink)  

Congrats everyone. You all did amazing navigating through your sobriety tests over the weekend. So proud of you all. You all getting to close to a major milestone of 100 days. I am stalking you all like a crazy fan

Sophie, thanks for all the wishes for my son. He is good boy, he is very good at his studies and tennis. This weekend he is going to play at a very big tournament, the biggest so far. We are hoping he will get selected to play the biggest tournament of the state for his age group end of May.

I am doing well, I still have not gotten out of my bottom of feeling of loneliness both personally and at work. Work especially is going to be tough, leading an very large effort which will change how my company does business. Changing that for a multi-billion dollar company is exciting but scarry. There is no one at work since my boss left to seek advice from or get a pat on the back that I am doing well. But then i should remember I am given such projects because I am good at it, and am the only one who can do it. I should take that as a compliment and lead like a champion.

I am scared but excited. I know I can do it and I will get it done!

Have a great day.
Old 04-08-2019, 10:12 AM
  # 74 (permalink)  

H - You must be so proud of your son. He sounds like a great kid

The work project sounds challenging. You're absolutely right that you are doing it because you are capable of doing a great job. Go you!

I had a busy day and I'm off to make risotto for dinner - my favourite.
Old 04-08-2019, 03:26 PM
  # 75 (permalink)  

Thanks Sophie. Risotto sounds good. Ravioli for dinner and some TV provided the boys study for sometime.
Old 04-08-2019, 06:21 PM
  # 76 (permalink)  

Hey classmates!
Lovely, breezy evening here. Windows open (finally warm enough) but I swear...whenever I have nothing sexy to make for dinner, the entire neighborhood starts grilling the most amazing smelling food. Then you guys bring up rissoto/ravioli
Just waiting now for tip-off of the NCAA final. Hope you have a great day/night!
✌💚💪
-Z
Old 04-08-2019, 06:29 PM
  # 77 (permalink)  

Hello Dear Class!

Forgive me for not checking in more, but I think it痴 a good thing I知 not thinking so much about wine. I致e had a few fleeting moments of desire, but they were very short lived. I squash them down before they can take root!
I think tomorrow is 100 days for me. This is my new life and I知 not going back to the darkness.

I知 back to running 5 miles because I feel so stinking healthy!

I was in kind of a bad mood over the weekend and last night I left in a huff. When I came home I had a plastic bag with me and went right up to my room with it. My husband followed me and demanded to see what I bought. I proudly showed him chocolate Easter bunnies and jelly beans purchased for our kids.

I really appreciated his accountability. He knows I知 serious about this and he値l do what he can to help.

Have a great week, all.
Old 04-08-2019, 06:31 PM
  # 78 (permalink)  

Beautiful evening here too, Zig. It was a perfect day here in the Midwest.

Enjoy the rest of your evening!
Old 04-08-2019, 07:16 PM
  # 79 (permalink)  

Hey all,

Sounds like everyone is doing well. I'm glad to hear it.

H, I'm sure you will do a great job on the work project.

Sophie, risotto - yum. I don't know why I never make that for myself. I should.

Zig, the weather is amazing here too!

Quitnow, good job with your running. I need to get back to working out.

Had a quiet day yesterday, I read all day and made banana bread. Pretty stressless day at work today, I'm enjoying it while it lasts.

My big news is that I put in an application to adopt a cat, and the next step is going to meet her on Saturday in her foster home Fingers crossed that it all works out, I just spent all evening researching the best cat supplies and ordering a bunch of stuff for her. I'm a little nervous about the idea of living with a cat again -- I've become quite a neat freak, over the past year and a half without one -- but I think I can handle it if I keep up on the cleaning. And I am looking forward to having a kitty companion around again. I sometimes feel that I need to work on my emotion regulation on the nights when I'm by myself, which is about half the time these days. I have a tendency to get lonely and depressed sometimes. I think having a cat around could help me with that.

Tonight has flown by so I'm heading to bed soon. Night all
Old 04-08-2019, 08:07 PM
  # 80 (permalink)  

Great to hear from you Quit! Treat yourself to something nice for your triple digit day celebration
And Sea, I hope that adoption works out! Having a fuzzy companion around to spoil and chill with is so awesome. Don't forget the laser pointer