Notices

Class of April 2018 Part 10

Old 04-20-2019, 09:42 PM
  # 161 (permalink)  
Say cheese!

morn all x

just a quick note to say i am working all day today and sry havent posted, will catch up with you later tonight or prob more tomo. xx
Old 04-20-2019, 11:47 PM
  # 162 (permalink)  

Morning Erratic, arghh you can't be working on Easter Sunday surely, poor you. Hope you see you here later. How did you go on with your appointments?

Happy Easter Aprils xx
Old 04-21-2019, 03:13 PM
  # 163 (permalink)  

Happy Easter all.

I am working boo. About to leave Baltimore for London and then back to Baltimpre again! I didnt request Easter off this year and kind of regretting it but it is what it is.

Viper, I agree, that's lovely what you did for your friend. So thoughtful. Doing something nice for others does naturally make us feel good I think, but your motives are to help her. You genuinely want to give her something that will improve her standard of living and that comes from your heart. What a lovely friend you are ♥️♥️

I cant remember if I have told you guys this already but i had a text conversation with my AA friend. Not ideal I know, better face to face , but I told her that I could not be around someone who is still actively drinking and using drugs whilst sitting in meetings claiming sobriety. I told her u wished her well and that I am always there for her if she decides to get clean and sober but that I must protect my own sobriety. She couldn't get it! She said she had made one mistake and didnt want to lose me as a friend. The Big Book says that those who do not recover are those who are incapable of being honest . None if us are perfect . I wonder how honest I am still, especially with myself, but I am trying. She just lies about everything. However what she does isn't my problem but I dont want to be around that insanity. So I feel like I have done the right thing. For me.

Off to get ready now. Will check in tomorrow

Xx
Old 04-21-2019, 10:12 PM
  # 164 (permalink)  

Happy Easter Aprils!! I’m on my phone again and it’s kinda of crazy thing when I press ‘return’ button, it takes the cursor waaay down. Haah. Phone is not the best way to type on this. Just wanted to wish everyone sweet dreams and a Happy Easter. I will email you Suze to give you my info. 😻🙏🏼💕🐇🐣🎶🐰💕
Old 04-21-2019, 10:14 PM
  # 165 (permalink)  

Still feeling ok. Week of tests and procedures.

I talked to the main guy at a clinic in California. True North. They are extremely well regarded, amazingly inexpensive, and focus on people like me with unknown kind of general gut issues. People say they got their life back with True North. I trust it because my friend, a local nutrition/health coach, has talked to a lot of people that have been and had amazing success. The guy was really smart. I could have set up to schedule a date for me to show up. I have a telephone consult with a Dr he recommends for me out there. Depending on what she says I may or may not go out there, but I’ll work with her. If I decide to go, I still prepare with her for 2 months while I wait. He said that would be wasted time if I didn’t. I dunno, probably need a few short phone consults at $95. Then I’ll be in at the Clinic.

I don’t care. Sell the motorcycle (that’s more than enough). Put it all on a credit card. Spend all my savings. I don’t care. This is a great opportunity for me to get my life back. I wouldn’t go while I was drinking and now I hit rock bottom. It’s dirt cheap considering and could easily turn this whole thing around.

In the easiest scenario, I work with this woman Dr for a bunch of sessions over the phone and can turn things around. The guy I spoke to today is saying it’s all gut issues. Microbiome needs an overhaul. Foods, some supplements, etc.

At the clinic they start you off with a fast of just water. Considering my low weight Dr said 3 days max for me. But that’s enough. Reset the system and start on a vegan diet of tons of steamed vegetables.Then build up,

Im all in. What else am I going to do? Nothing? Stay the same? Nope

V
Old 04-22-2019, 12:25 AM
  # 166 (permalink)  
Say cheese!

morn all x

lovely blue skies again today here x yeah daisy working 12 hr shift, as i was stupid in helping my work mate to let her have day off so she could spend time with her dog who is poorly and looks like may have to be put to sleep, poor thing. That part isnt the stupid part, the stupid part was she came past the work as she was visiting her mum and dad and her kids for easter! which again i stupidly agreed to, this happened also on mothers day as well which i did 12hr shift then also! funny thing is she has been off so many times being ill and she only started this year in jan! nvm i prob end up doing it again as i am stupid lol

anyway, my appointment on wed with pdoc went ok, he gave me diazpam to help me reduce to giving up drink when i have had my appointment with alcohol clinic which is on wed, so will see how things go at that appointment. He also spoke to me about new medication which if i would like to try when i stop drinking which will help me more with my moods and stuff. Also he said he will get me a CPN who will check on me regular to make sure i am safe. So its really back to me making that stand with alcohol and find other coping measures. The funny thing also happened was i told him i had appointment on wed with clinic and he said oh u will see my old pdoc the one who just left as he is the new doctor lol, i thought oh god, he prob think i am stalking him! lucky enough though when waiting for taxi home was my old doc was coming into the building lol and i said oh dr just so ur aware i am not following u and i have appointment on wed but he said well thats ok as i am up stairs in the drug clinic not the alcohol lol which thats made things easier. sooo there we are with what i have to do.

good luck viper with all your tests hun and snitch good call on telling ur AA friend where u stand x good to see u again bluesy and u also daisy x hope u had a good easter weekend x

sry for rushing off again daughter just phoned lol will be back later xx
Old 04-22-2019, 01:16 AM
  # 167 (permalink)  

Good morning April's, I'm posting from my phone. Not the easiest so please bare with me. The lap top isn't working, just a black screen and I was the last to use it, so I'm in the dog house 🙄.
Other than that all is good. I'll try to reply to you individually. Have a great Easter Monday. Much love to you all. Xxxx
Old 04-22-2019, 01:29 AM
  # 168 (permalink)  

Congratulations Suzy on 12 months sober. You've got this 💚💙💜
🎶🎷🎵🥇🎺🎻🥁🎶
Old 04-22-2019, 02:59 AM
  # 169 (permalink)  
Administrator

Congrats again snitch

D
Old 04-22-2019, 04:29 AM
  # 170 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by bluesymusey View Post
Happy Easter Aprils!! I’m on my phone again and it’s kinda of crazy thing when I press ‘return’ button, it takes the cursor waaay down. Haah. Phone is not the best way to type on this. Just wanted to wish everyone sweet dreams and a Happy Easter. I will email you Suze to give you my info. 😻🙏🏼💕🐇🐣🎶🐰💕
Posting from my phone too Sonya, it's not the easiest. I hope you've had a lovely Easter weekend. I shall send Suzy my details too. Xx
Old 04-22-2019, 04:33 AM
  # 171 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Viperidae View Post
Still feeling ok. Week of tests and procedures.

I talked to the main guy at a clinic in California. True North. They are extremely well regarded, amazingly inexpensive, and focus on people like me with unknown kind of general gut issues. People say they got their life back with True North. I trust it because my friend, a local nutrition/health coach, has talked to a lot of people that have been and had amazing success. The guy was really smart. I could have set up to schedule a date for me to show up. I have a telephone consult with a Dr he recommends for me out there. Depending on what she says I may or may not go out there, but I’ll work with her. If I decide to go, I still prepare with her for 2 months while I wait. He said that would be wasted time if I didn’t. I dunno, probably need a few short phone consults at $95. Then I’ll be in at the Clinic.

I don’t care. Sell the motorcycle (that’s more than enough). Put it all on a credit card. Spend all my savings. I don’t care. This is a great opportunity for me to get my life back. I wouldn’t go while I was drinking and now I hit rock bottom. It’s dirt cheap considering and could easily turn this whole thing around.

In the easiest scenario, I work with this woman Dr for a bunch of sessions over the phone and can turn things around. The guy I spoke to today is saying it’s all gut issues. Microbiome needs an overhaul. Foods, some supplements, etc.

At the clinic they start you off with a fast of just water. Considering my low weight Dr said 3 days max for me. But that’s enough. Reset the system and start on a vegan diet of tons of steamed vegetables.Then build up,

Im all in. What else am I going to do? Nothing? Stay the same? Nope

V
Go with what's right for you Viper, the sooner your gut issue is sorted, the better. Take care. Xx
Old 04-22-2019, 04:36 AM
  # 172 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by snitch View Post
Happy Easter all.

I am working boo. About to leave Baltimore for London and then back to Baltimpre again! I didnt request Easter off this year and kind of regretting it but it is what it is.

Viper, I agree, that's lovely what you did for your friend. So thoughtful. Doing something nice for others does naturally make us feel good I think, but your motives are to help her. You genuinely want to give her something that will improve her standard of living and that comes from your heart. What a lovely friend you are ♥️♥️

I cant remember if I have told you guys this already but i had a text conversation with my AA friend. Not ideal I know, better face to face , but I told her that I could not be around someone who is still actively drinking and using drugs whilst sitting in meetings claiming sobriety. I told her u wished her well and that I am always there for her if she decides to get clean and sober but that I must protect my own sobriety. She couldn't get it! She said she had made one mistake and didnt want to lose me as a friend. The Big Book says that those who do not recover are those who are incapable of being honest . None if us are perfect . I wonder how honest I am still, especially with myself, but I am trying. She just lies about everything. However what she does isn't my problem but I dont want to be around that insanity. So I feel like I have done the right thing. For me.

Off to get ready now. Will check in tomorrow

Xx
Safe journey home Suze and for what it's worth I think you did the right thing texting your A.A friend, you can't let anything or anybody get in the way of your sobriety. Xx
Old 04-22-2019, 04:43 AM
  # 173 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Erratic View Post
morn all x

lovely blue skies again today here x yeah daisy working 12 hr shift, as i was stupid in helping my work mate to let her have day off so she could spend time with her dog who is poorly and looks like may have to be put to sleep, poor thing. That part isnt the stupid part, the stupid part was she came past the work as she was visiting her mum and dad and her kids for easter! which again i stupidly agreed to, this happened also on mothers day as well which i did 12hr shift then also! funny thing is she has been off so many times being ill and she only started this year in jan! nvm i prob end up doing it again as i am stupid lol

anyway, my appointment on wed with pdoc went ok, he gave me diazpam to help me reduce to giving up drink when i have had my appointment with alcohol clinic which is on wed, so will see how things go at that appointment. He also spoke to me about new medication which if i would like to try when i stop drinking which will help me more with my moods and stuff. Also he said he will get me a CPN who will check on me regular to make sure i am safe. So its really back to me making that stand with alcohol and find other coping measures. The funny thing also happened was i told him i had appointment on wed with clinic and he said oh u will see my old pdoc the one who just left as he is the new doctor lol, i thought oh god, he prob think i am stalking him! lucky enough though when waiting for taxi home was my old doc was coming into the building lol and i said oh dr just so ur aware i am not following u and i have appointment on wed but he said well thats ok as i am up stairs in the drug clinic not the alcohol lol which thats made things easier. sooo there we are with what i have to do.

good luck viper with all your tests hun and snitch good call on telling ur AA friend where u stand x good to see u again bluesy and u also daisy x hope u had a good easter weekend x

sry for rushing off again daughter just phoned lol will be back later xx
Argh Erratic, your problem is that you are just too kind. I'm rubbish at saying no too.
I'm glad your appointment was ok, it all sounds very positive .Well you know what you need to do and you have us to help where we can.
Look after yourself. Xx
Old 04-22-2019, 01:09 PM
  # 174 (permalink)  

Hey all.

Sorry for late check in. I landed back this afternoon and have been too tired to type.

Awww thank you so much Daisy and Dee.

I cannot believe I have not picked up a drink for 365 days. 1 whole year. This time last year I thought I was dying. Today I am alive and sober and doing really well despite a bit of a rocky journey. I could not have done this without all of you guys and Sober Recovery. AA and Sober Recovery go hand in hand in my staying sober and getting well. You guys have such a special place in my heart. You are my sober brothers and sisters and Dee, what you do here, giving back so selflessly what you have been given yourself is the very essence of how good recovery works. Give it away to keep it! It's beautiful how we all want to get well but how much we want each other to get well too. A real bond and genuine affection, different people from all over the world recovering from the same thing. Alcoholism. I can't. WE can!! 🙏🙏🙏

I am so grateful and so blessed today. I never want to forget how precious my sobriety is and how it has to come before EVERYRHING. I will always be an alcoholic but I do not have to be an active alcoholic and that's amazing. There IS a solution and WE never have to drink again, no matter what life throws at us. 😀😀

Daisy I saw the thread you started to congratulate me and I feel overwhelmed, thank you. I am so glad to to be in the same class as you, you are an amazing, inspiring lady. I really hope I can come and visit you someday, maybe in the summer????

I am going to celebrate now with my Marks and Spencer's dinner for one Haha!!! And an early night. I wouldn't have it any other way.!!

Lots of love to each and everyone of you

Xxxxxx
Old 04-22-2019, 04:31 PM
  # 175 (permalink)  

Just a quick check in before bed. I hope you've all had a good day.
Awe, you're very welcome Suze and I'm just glad to be sharing this journey with you and the rest of our little April family. Its been a rocky, rollercoaster of a 12 months for all of us on so many levels but we're here, still holding on. Bring on the next 12, together we can do so much.
Yes, it would be lovely to meet up at some point in the not too distant future.
And Dee, what Suzy said, she's spot on. X

See you all tomorrow. Xxx
Old 04-22-2019, 10:08 PM
  # 176 (permalink)  

Hey everyone

congrats snitch, it is a great accomplishment. I hope things get better for you viper. I’m getting ready for bed so I’m not going to write much tonight. Was just thinking about everyone. I hope you’re doing well too daisy and dee. I’m doing ok, still not normal but I feel like I’m half way there. Drove to the beach this past weekend and had fun. These kids beside me on the beach drowned. One is in critical condition and the other one is still missing, it’s a very sad thing. I wish there was more I could for these kids. It was a group of about 6 and they were all around 18. 3 of them got caught in rip tide and it was unfortunate for 2 of them. So it just opened up my eyes, I’m learning to be happy every day even on my bad days. It can always be worse. We all have so much to be thankful for! Happy late Easter everyone!
Old 04-22-2019, 10:08 PM
  # 177 (permalink)  

Happy soberversary!!!!

ONE YEAR ! Awesome - you go girl!! Literally, keep going ! Like DB said, “you got this”. Thanks for being another gift of my sobriety too!

i sent you a private message too

✨💃🏻😻🎶☀️😘💕🙏🏼🦋
Old 04-23-2019, 02:55 AM
  # 178 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Matthew123 View Post
congrats snitch, it is a great accomplishment. I hope things get better for you viper. I’m getting ready for bed so I’m not going to write much tonight. Was just thinking about everyone. I hope you’re doing well too daisy and dee. I’m doing ok, still not normal but I feel like I’m half way there. Drove to the beach this past weekend and had fun. These kids beside me on the beach drowned. One is in critical condition and the other one is still missing, it’s a very sad thing. I wish there was more I could for these kids. It was a group of about 6 and they were all around 18. 3 of them got caught in rip tide and it was unfortunate for 2 of them. So it just opened up my eyes, I’m learning to be happy every day even on my bad days. It can always be worse. We all have so much to be thankful for! Happy late Easter everyone!
Good to see you here again Matthew and I'm doing okay thank you, sounds like you are too for the most part, you're sounding much more positive. What an awful tragedy, those poor young men and their families, it's just so sad. It certainly puts things into perspective. Life is too precious and too short to waste. We're so lucky.
Old 04-23-2019, 02:56 AM
  # 179 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by bluesymusey View Post
Happy soberversary!!!!

ONE YEAR ! Awesome - you go girl!! Literally, keep going ! Like DB said, “you got this”. Thanks for being another gift of my sobriety too!

i sent you a private message too

✨💃🏻😻🎶☀️😘💕🙏🏼🦋
Hi Bluesey 😺😸😻😽xxx
Old 04-23-2019, 03:31 AM
  # 180 (permalink)  

Thanks Blusey and Matthew.

Oh Matthew what a tragedy. Life is so precious isnt it and we took it for granted so many times. Well I know I did. Every time I took a drink. Never again. I have so much to be grateful for. Being sober is top of the list.

Blusyey I have your message thank you!

Am off to Baltimire again today. Gon a do a quick workout and then get ready.

Omg I have been chatting to this guy I met on fb. It's all very exciting and he gives me butterflies! I haven't felt butterflies for years! I haven't even met him so not getting ahead if myself it's just nice to have a chat and a flirt 😊😊😊😊

Hee hee.

Have a lovely day all x x