Notices

Class of April 2018 Part 10

Old 04-12-2019, 04:17 PM
  # 121 (permalink)  

Hi Nichole good to hear from you!

Congrats Matthew on your year . All we can do is keeping putting one foot in front of another. You are doing great! Keep sharing here.

Erratic, I think you need some more pamper treatments!!

I'm glad you had a good time at the fair . I like rollercoasters too! Well actually I hate them they scare me to death but I love the buzz of the ride once I am on!

Hi Dee 👋

Vipe 🐍🐍🐍????

This time a year ago I was getting wasted by myself in my home. I was drinking gin and vodka and then on to the shops for wine all washed down with xanax. Horrible! This evening I am lying in bed doing my night time post on SR. I have had a nice evening, chilling out, have had a shower and painted my nails and done a bit of my step 4 work. Am going to bed tonight clean and sober. My daughter isn't here with me just as she wasnt a year ago but it's ok but when she comes back to me tomorrow I wont be suffering from a hangover. I wont be drinking the remnants from the bottles that were left over. I wont be zombied out on xanax. I will be up and ready to take her to her friends birthday party before we get the train to my parents for the weekend where I can spend quality time with my family. Wow, what a gift sobriety is. I am going to bed so thankful that I am not in the place I was last year .

Night all. Sweet dreams 🙏🙏💤💤
Old 04-12-2019, 04:18 PM
  # 122 (permalink)  

💖💖💖
Old 04-13-2019, 12:14 AM
  # 123 (permalink)  

+7

Good morning all, I hope you're all looking forward to the weekend and ready to take on board whatever it throws at you. It's a beautiful sunny morning, but so very cold again, I need to go grocery shopping in a short while but I'll be wearing my coat.
My g.son is with his daddy until tomorrow evening, which I'm not overjoyed about but I just have to accept. This is where the serenity prayer comes into force big time.

suze, I hate roller coasters, it makes me feel sea sick just watching them. I'm usually the bag lady standing at the bottom waving and taking pics. Fortunately my little g.son has grown a bit and is now tall enough to go on most of them with his 2 cousins.
What a difference a year makes, you've come so far and in such a good way. You just couldn't go back to that. Sobriety is a gift that just keeps giving. What date is your 1 yr anniversary? I have it in my head that it's 22nd.

Viper, you okay??

I'm going to get a shower now and get dressed. Have the best Saturday you can. Love to all of you. xx
Old 04-13-2019, 12:24 AM
  # 124 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hello everyone

D
Old 04-13-2019, 03:42 PM
  # 125 (permalink)  

Hi Dee, have a good day.

Just checking in to say goodnight. See you all tomorrow hopefully. xx
Old 04-13-2019, 05:11 PM
  # 126 (permalink)  
Administrator

Night Daisy

D
Old 04-14-2019, 12:16 AM
  # 127 (permalink)  

Good morning all and a happy Sunday to you. xx
Old 04-14-2019, 03:37 AM
  # 128 (permalink)  

Morning all. Happy Sunday!
Old 04-14-2019, 06:45 AM
  # 129 (permalink)  
Say cheese!

afternoon all x just finished work and was working for couple of hrs yesterday.

so just a hi and will see u all later x
Old 04-14-2019, 08:32 AM
  # 130 (permalink)  

Happy Sunday Aprils in April!

I just caught up on posts. Right now I’m writing from phone again because I’m having those eye issues again (I think too much strain lately with all the work stuff) and I can’t wear my contacts but can’t see computer screen clearly with my glasses unless I have it resting on my neck - yikes!! So please bear with me and misspelling things! Haha

Daisy, I laughed out loud when you were talking about a cold developing into the ‘man-flu’ - so funny! 😆 I loved Suzy’s note to you for your 1 year sobriety birthday. She hit it on the head and I think we all share that same sentiment about you and I am personally so grateful for you! And all of us! I hope you are having a super great Sunday evening now ! 😘🙏🏼🦋

Suze, reading your stories about your sponsor and wanting to quit etc, - that was me too. It’s also important to remember that all these things from your sponsor are just ‘suggestions’
right? Supposed to be anyway. I changed sponsors a few times and they all had different personalities. A lot of them do believe in the 30/30 or 90/90 and I agree with Daisy, I think it’s waaaay too overwhelming. I said no to it and stuck to my guns. I said to my sponsor who suggested it “I’m guaranteed to drink if you try to force me to do this”. Ultimately, I ended up leaving AA and for various reasons but it gave me suck a foundation and I, like you are very appreciative of a free program like this! Also, you do meet a lot of cool people while hitting meetings across the globe 🌍 ✨💕

Vipe, man I’m so sorry you are dealing with such a crappy hand right now!!! I feel for you and continue to hope you find something to ease your ailments and get to back to good !! 🙏🏼

Soooo, I realized that even though I’m not on here as much as others - are any of you in a group what’sapp chat ? I’m totally up to stay more in touch that way if anyone wants ? Suzy, would love to meet up with you in SF too, I mentioned this is a recent post. But I would totally go to a speaker meeting in the city with you!!

Hi Dee! Hope you’re feeling better and have a lovely Monday!!
Hey Erratic !! You’re sounding better and I’m glad you’re testing yourself to some primp time 💝
Nichole - so happy to see you keeping in touch with the group! You have that fighting spirit and I wish all the best for you 😘
Mathew123 - awesome job on a year!! Thanks for posting and hope you’re having a great weekend.

Ok, my cats need my attention. One is laying right on the stove behind my head. No intent for intimidation or anything like that, right ? Cats are amazing! My little girl Ella is starting to fetch again at age 6 ! She did it as a kitten and it’s tje cutest thing ! Django, my boy - is a long haired gorgeous monkey and he has narcolepsy so if you pick him up and cradle his head back, he immediately falls asleep and starts snoring ! Omg I should video that sometimes. Haha!

Ok lovies - sending good vibes and a sprinkle of magic to you all !👌✨🌙

Old 04-14-2019, 03:08 PM
  # 131 (permalink)  

Good to see you posting Erratic, I hope work was kind to you. Hopefully you'll post tomorrow.

Great to see you Bluesey and I'm very sorry to read about those pesky eye issues, I hope you get them resolved very soon. Thank you so much for your kind words re my 12 months, I'm not sure you're talking about the right person though!
There's a few of us in a group Wattsapp, I think Suze is the one to speak to as she set it up, I hope you join us.
Your cats sound delightful, my naughty Lulu is having a mad half hour as I type. I can hear her bounding up and down the stairs like a fairy elephant.

Goodnight all, I need to go to bed now, I'm soooooo tired. Lots of love to you. xx
Old 04-14-2019, 08:31 PM
  # 132 (permalink)  
Administrator

All fine here thanks bluesy

Hi erratic and Daisy
Old 04-14-2019, 08:58 PM
  # 133 (permalink)  
Say cheese!

early morn check in x

got work this morn as i needed to swap my usual thurs morn as i have that appointment with pdoc. wow 5 very early morns in a row, cant wait for this morn to be over, not used to it lol

good to see u bluesy, dee, snitch, daisy xxx

have a good day xx
Old 04-14-2019, 10:59 PM
  # 134 (permalink)  

Good morning Aprils, you've all been very quiet over the w.end. I hope you're all okay.

Have a good day at work Erratic, I hope it passes quickly for you.

How's things with you Viper? I hope you're feeling better.

I'll check in later, love to you all. xxx
Old 04-15-2019, 03:27 PM
  # 135 (permalink)  

Good night Aprils, love to you all. xxx

Old 04-15-2019, 06:43 PM
  # 136 (permalink)  

Hi all. I've just got to my hotel room. Easy flight kist crap timings. Oh I am in Hyderabad, India. Will post tomorrow. This very day last year I had called un sick for work, was maybe of my 10 day binge ugh! So different today! 🙏🙏
Old 04-15-2019, 09:41 PM
  # 137 (permalink)  

Hey folks!

I’m sorry if you got worried. I’m wrapped up in a bunch of crap. I’m ok though. I’m not as sick as I was. I got some relief. I’m having anxiety issues going hand in hand with the physical. It ain’t the quitting booze part that’s hard. It’s dealing with stuff without it.

I had booze for when my illness acted up and it kept me going. I had it for extremely stressful situations and it kept me going. Whatever it was, it kept me going. I was able to function, but *going no where.* Now I’ve got 9 months of wisdom. I see how the whole thing worked. Quite simply it doesn’t. You numb things so you don’t have to deal and nothing gets resolved. My lord the opportunities I missed. I’m living on benefits, which suck in many ways, and people around here make ridiculous amounts of money. It’s not rocket science.

I was talking talking to an Attorney that works for the State today and I know as much and more than she does. I corrected her on several details of the law today 🙄. She’s been doing it 30 years!! This seems to happen a lot. The new therapist won’t stop with how smart I am, and she went to Harvard. Anyway I’m not bragging. When your body won’t cooperate and you blew some amazing opportunities, it sucks. I had a time when booze was my issue. If I quit I felt great in 2 weeks.

I really want to move forward. Ditch the benefits. All of that. I’m being impatient but I thought 9 months was a good amount of time. Health is just not cooperating and it is a $—+ hand as bluesey said.

Thanks for the thoughts, I’ll be back regularly!! ❤️❤️
Old 04-16-2019, 12:26 AM
  # 138 (permalink)  

Good morning all and I'm glad to see a couple more posts. I would hate for our little class to fold. Our weather is supposed to warm up again after today, I hope so, it was freezing yesterday. The G.kiddo's are on school holidays so I've been doing lots of things with them, we've had some good days out and made loads of memories. Yesterday I took them to a large indoor skate park and they had a really good day. Today their other grandmother is having them so I've got an easy day ahead, I may do some work in the garden this afternoon if the weather is anything like.

Oh wow Suze, India, this visit will be a lot different than last years. What a difference a year makes. Enjoy.

So glad you've posted Viper and I'm glad you're better than you were though it's obvious you've some way to go yet. I have no doubts at all though that you will work through all this crap and come out the other side a better man.
I think we've all found it difficult to cope with certain aspects of life without our crutch of booze and that's all it was. I know I was playing ostriches, anything I didn't like or felt uncomfortable with I'd drink it away. So much time wasted, thank goodness it's stopped. No point in dwelling on the past though, I can't do anything to change it so I'm just doing my best to make changes to today.
You have the power to turn your life round, you have the intelligence and the desire and you are never too old, so don't make that an excuse. I think by this time next year we will be seeing the real Viper. xx

That's it for now, I have a starving child to feed. Back later and love to you all. xxx
Old 04-16-2019, 03:50 AM
  # 139 (permalink)  

Hopefully everyone is doing good today and enjoyed your weekend!!!!! Life pretty much smack me in my face over the weekend I ended up in the hospital Saturday morning and wasn’t fun at all I didn’t think I was going to make it was a very close call but all good and trying to make positive changes and better choices in life which has been the easiest!!!
Old 04-16-2019, 06:31 AM
  # 140 (permalink)  
Say cheese!

got my appointment with alcohol clinic, next week on wed, to meet the staff! not sure how i feel about that as i have been going for yrs, guess they will say they cant help me.

sry having a very bad down day like yesterday, not sure what is happening as i had dinner and we watched a program, then i ended up going to toilet and hub went on computer and i went to bed. not saying goodnight or anything. i had bad dream and he said he had also and woke up grumpy and feeling unsettled. I am not sure whats going on with him we do seem to be living separate lives so i am getting insecure in wondering what to do or what is going to happen. We are supposed to go down to daughter and gson, but knowing me if things dont get sorted i will flip and i wont go down. being uncertain or insecure is a major player in how i become unstable and will be unpredictable and impulsive

sry for leaving this bleak **** x needed to voice on things.

good to see u nichole and viper x