Notices

Class of April 2018 Part 10

Old 06-04-2019, 03:44 AM
  # 381 (permalink)  
Say cheese!

sry to say i ended up drinking last night on the good note is the alcohol guy talked and he phoned this morning with appointment with alcohol doctor to start on anti craving meds which also means i have to start today for the week not to drink to go on them.

well done daisy on making it there i hope your holiday is going to be now stressfree for you and a very well done on not even have that champagne x

thanks snitch for asking and glad u got home safely x hope all goes well with ur training days x

back later x
Old 06-04-2019, 10:52 PM
  # 382 (permalink)  
Say cheese!

morn all x

hope all is well with you?

have a good day x
Old 06-05-2019, 03:06 AM
  # 383 (permalink)  
Administrator

I hope it helps make a difference for you Erratic

D
Old 06-05-2019, 05:30 AM
  # 384 (permalink)  
Say cheese!

thanks dee, im keeping positive about it.

My mood this morn and now 1-30pm now is sludge, trying to up my mood also trying not to go back to bed like it did this morn which i thought if i kept bz or do something i would be ok. got as far as done washing, taken dog to petshop and now sitting here once more still feeling like sludge, nvm

enjoy ur afternoon where ever u are xx
Old 06-05-2019, 11:06 AM
  # 385 (permalink)  
Say cheese!

update did go back to bed this afo and then 4-30pm came and hub came home and said wasnt hungry and after half hr with him i decided to go back to bed. Hub came through and said we need coffee so i made the effort and went with him and now i am going to have some dinner and prob end up back in bed again but least i broke a little of my childish cycle. will see how i am in the morn as normal got work.

hope u all are ok and thinking of you all. xx
Old 06-05-2019, 05:29 PM
  # 386 (permalink)  
Administrator

I hope your day ended ok Erratic

D
Old 06-05-2019, 07:06 PM
  # 387 (permalink)  

Hey Dee And Erratic,

Good to see you sharing Erratic. I am learning in AA it is good to share how I am feeling, good or bad. Leave your pride at the door I heard today and I like that.

I am doing good, except for eating crap! And when I when I eat crap I don't feel my best so back to healthy eating tomorrow!

I am really embracing sobriety and recovery at the moment. I am learning how to deal with my emotions without the demon drink. How to change my stinkin thinkin and not listen to my head when it tells me how **** I am. I can turn that around now. When I am stuck in self and self pity, doing a good turn for someone else can lift me out of it. Or writing a gratitude list. Or .alone time for a bit of self care.

I have almost completed my step 4. writing down my resentments and fears. It's been an eye opener and very therapeutic. Next is step 5 where I will talk it through with my sponsor. I am glad I stuck with her as well I realise that even when I thought I knew best I was still willing to listen and to be open to ideas and I am so glad I was. And the reason i was is because i don't want to drink again. Ever.

My little girl goes to her daddy's tonight which is gonna be hard on both of us as we have been together solidly for just over 2 weeks. But it will be nice for her and him to spend time together. I have 2 days of training for my yearly safety and emergency procedures and 2 more days of customer service stuff so I am going to stay at my parents as I have to travel to London every day and they live closer plus my dad is going to let me use his car , which I am very grateful for.

I am awake at 3am so going to go back to sleep now wanted to check in and say hi!!

Ooh Viper I have a Bosto rostered to me in July so get ready for a road trip! And any luck with finding your killer 😎???????
Old 06-07-2019, 02:48 PM
  # 388 (permalink)  

Day one today of my yearly safety and emergency procedures. Spent the day doing emergency scenarios, door drills and CPR in tbe mock up. Thank God I was hangover free this year as every year I would have been drinking the night before and have to drag myself through the day. It is bad enough in tbe training school anyway let alone add a bad hangover to the mix!

Am exhausted aa have a bit of a cough and sore throat and can feel my nose is stuffy this evening so am off to bed now as 2nd early flight tomorrow morning. Thank God I am not drinking tonight.

Hope everyone is ok?
Old 06-07-2019, 06:01 PM
  # 389 (permalink)  
Administrator

all good here

D
Old 06-07-2019, 08:26 PM
  # 390 (permalink)  

Suze no wonder you’ve been MIA! I should have checked in on here sooner. Hectic week for you.

Erratic, I’m glad you keep trying. It’s really hard, really hard, to keep trying like that. I have been there, trust me. You get a pat on the on the back from me! 💜

I haven’t been getting too much done, but I guess I’m getting more done than I think. I’m staying sober, seeing my therapist, getting out on the motorcycle every day to blast out the anxiety, and more I guess. I need to get to work on what’s next. Like gaining my independence and a plan of some kind.

I dropped the ball on the really nice, great deal, Certified, Jetta SportWagen. Oh well. This was a great price. I really don’t want 4 or 5 years of payments over my head. Granted the payments would be really low, but I’m trying to keep my options open.

Honestly, I see taking off on an Adventure Motorcycle. I am loving my bike. Riding and riding. I have a nice ADV bike already, just not great for long distance. However people, usually smaller folks like 5’3 women have taken my bike around the world. I’m seeing an 800cc engine in my future, as opposed to the 650. I’d like to go to New Mexico or someplace like that with much less people than here, and live cheap. I’d love to go off grid, mini house, or something like that.

Plus this winter there will be another exploratory mission like Brazil this year. A newer car, even an ‘inexpensive’ one, is an anchor I don’t really want.

So the guy that previously owned my motorcycle, is so understanding and helpful. He’s a Professor and former police chief, and he’s IN AA!! We’ve been texting a lot. It looks like I could use some brake pads, and a chain and sprocket, and brake fluid flush in the near future. This guy is really awesome. I think he’s in his late 60’s. He’s got all the tools and expertise. When I mentioned it he volunteered to help instead of me hiring a mechanic. I’d really love to learn motorcycle maintenance. I think I’ll be meeting him and doing some work on the bike. Plus he’s a serious ‘sober’ dude, so it’s really cool. He knows my story.

Its interesting there is nothing out there for classes on motorcycle repair or maintenance. Nothing. Los Angeles has casual classes. That’s 3000 miles away. You’re either learning from your dad or buddy, or you’re enrolled in a serious, 1 year, Tech Training program. I’m thinking of the motorcycle meetup groups too because those folks must work on their own machines.

Alright, night folks!!

V🔥🐍🔥
Old 06-09-2019, 03:31 PM
  # 391 (permalink)  

Hi Aprils and I hope you're all happy, well and sober, as always. We arrived back home about 1 p.m, the flight home went very smoothly, no delays this time, so all good. There's a bit of a difference in the temperature, the house feels so cold and apparently it's poured down every day here. I'll be happy to be sleeping in my own comfy bed tonight.
Our children don't go back to school until tomorrow, they have 2 weeks off at Whit, so glad I got the uniform and shoes washed, cleaned and sorted before we went away.
Anyway, I'm really tired and need to go to bed, I'll come and post more tomorrow.

Much love to all of you. xx
Old 06-09-2019, 10:56 PM
  # 392 (permalink)  

Good morning all, I'm feeling all refreshed now after a good nights sleep in my own bed, nothing like your own bed is there?
I've got to get back into the old routine this morning, school run, mum run etc, I've got a mountain of washing to do and I need to do some food shopping, no rest for the wicked.
I hope you lot are ok and ready to take on whatever the day throws at you.

How are you doing Erratic? Did you get to speak to the alcohol guy? I hope you have a good day today, keep trying, keep posting and stick with it. Don't forget about those gratitude threads either, gratitude plays a big part in my recovery.

I bet you'll be glad to finish step 4 Suze, it does sound very therapeutic I must say, very cleansing.
I'm starting back on my healthy eating plan today, I must be the worlds biggest yo yo dieter and I've eaten far too much junk on holiday. At least I didn't drink any, that's a bonus anyway.
I hope your training days went well , it all sounds very tedious to say the least, I bet you're glad they're done with.

I'm glad all is good with you Dee, good to see you popping in here as always, keeping a close eye on us from afar, lol.

Hi Viper, good to see you , you must be round about the year mark now I'm sure. You're a million times better than you were 12 months ago anyway.
I'm so glad you're enjoying all the biking you'r doing, it's really doing you good and that policeman former police chief sounds like a really good friend to have, can't believe he used to be in the A.A, what a coincidence, you were meant to cross paths.

Got to dash, back later, have the best Monday you can. Lots of love to you all. xxx
Old 06-09-2019, 11:31 PM
  # 393 (permalink)  
Administrator

Thanks Daisy - welcome back

D
Old 06-10-2019, 12:31 AM
  # 394 (permalink)  
Say cheese!

morn all x

good to see u back daisy x

I ended up drinking once again last night, however i am sticking to my plan in seeing the alcohol doctor for the anti craving meds tomo morn. so again i am to keep pushing myself forward. yet again sound like one track record. I will get back on the daily gratitude thread tonight.

thanks again for putting up with me. xx
Old 06-10-2019, 01:41 AM
  # 395 (permalink)  
Administrator

I hope the meds help erratic

D
Old 06-10-2019, 05:55 AM
  # 396 (permalink)  
Say cheese!

thanks dee i hope so to i am getting near to the end of my tether once again.
Old 06-10-2019, 08:54 AM
  # 397 (permalink)  

Daisy thanks! You always remind me of what a mess I was last year at this time. It’s easy to forget! Definitely not a year yet, but maybe a month from now?? The motorcycle is a tonic. The new friend I have is amazing. The Police Chief: He helps all kinds of folks with PTSD etc etc. So he really gets it. He isn’t former AA, he’s active in AA.

Erratic, keep trying. It’s possible, and you can do it. If I can do it, you can do it. A whole new life without this nightmare is out there waiting.

It looks like a phone conversation with my therapist today and an in person session tomorrow. We started EMDR, which is a trauma healing technique. She kept saying I am a perfect candidate for it, and it’s very interesting. She taps on the top on my hands at different rates, my eyes closed, while I think about a traumatic/stressful memory or topic. The first time I went into what I’d call a state of hypnosis, with rapid eye movement, flickering eyelids, etc. I started dreaming and linking all of these things together. I wouldn’t have believed it before I did it. I’m very open to it I guess.

Ok, another day.

🔥🐍🔥 🏍
Old 06-10-2019, 03:48 PM
  # 398 (permalink)  

Hi all, just doing my night time check in and getting back into the routine.

It's good to be back Dee thank you, It's like coming home. I always feel a bit discombobulated ( what a word!) if I don't check in S.R on a daily basis.

Aww you're like a different person Vipes, it's like you've evolved from an all doom and gloom misery guts to a free spirit ( please don't be offended by that). You're a great support to all of us here and you have a wicked sense of humour, you're a natural and I'm so glad you're part of my journey.
You couldn't have met a better new friend, especially as you were so upset about your former friend the other week, it's just like that saying ' As one door closes, another one opens.'
EDMR sounds very interesting, I've never heard of that before, let's hope it does the trick.

Erratic, stay strong, don't let yourself get to the end of your tether, you're not alone. Just take each day as it comes and do your best. Can I ask you if your husband gives you much support? It's okay if you don't want to answer. I don't get much from mine, as I think I've mentioned previously, he supports me in the way that he's still here I suppose and he never offers me or buys me drinks, but he never talks about my alcoholism or tells me I've done well etc.

Anyway, that's it for now, goodnight and sleep well. xxx
Old 06-10-2019, 08:00 PM
  # 399 (permalink)  

Hi all

I am sick 😩🤧😷 I think I may have a.chest infection. I feel terrible. Going to try get a doctors appointment today. I have just completed 4 days of training and am meant to be going to Bombay tomorrow, won't be able to fly like this so we'll see.
My tolerance level is at about zilch right now, lol . I definitely don't feel very spiritual when I am sick!! But I am still grateful that I am not sick due to alcohol so that's something.

Vipe, you are just flourishing in sobriety. Things are happening for you and all at a good pace. I remember what I read on someone elses thread (and I think) it was on a bikers in recovery thread. He said "as long as you don't drink, anything is possible." Awesone hey? Did you know there was a bikers in recovery section here?? You can get on there now lol. How amazing as well about tbe guy who sold you the bike! The universe is working for you Vipe! The world is your oyster 🐚

Ahhhh Erratic, please don't think we are "putting up with you" .!! This is somewhere safe for you and all if us to come to share whatever we are going through. Good or bad . That's how we can recover. I hope it goes well today. Do you known
what anti craving drugs they are thinking of putting you on? Is it naltrexone? Let us know how it went.

So Daisy did you have a good time?? Did your grandson enjoy himself? Do you feel relaxed and well rested or in need of another holiday.???

Not much else from me. Its gonna be a long night as I have such a hacking cough and sore throat and chest it is keeping me awake . I definitely think I will be phoning in sick. I am just glad I got all my training out the way!
Old 06-11-2019, 06:40 AM
  # 400 (permalink)  

Hi Aprils, I hope you're all well.
What dreadful weather we've got, its bounced down with rain last night and it's still bouncing down now. I've been to have my eyes tested this morning, all good they haven't deteriorated any since last time I went 2 years ago, so I'm happy with that. I don't need to spend a small fortune on new glasses.

I'm sorry you're ill Suze and I hope you make a speedy recovery. I hope you managed to get a doctor's appointment. Look after yourself.
Yes, I had a good holiday for the most part, it was a bit trying at times with my 85 yr old mum and 9 yr old g.son. My mumis quite rigid in her ways, she thinks mealtimes should be 8, 12 & 5 and 9 year olds should be in bed by 7.30, lol! My grandson can be very demanding, but he wasn't too bad, the entertainment was good and he spent a lot of time in the pool. He was teaching me how to play the game 'pool' but he makes his own rules up as he goes along, plus he cheats. The weather was gorgeous, very hot, the food was fine, the drinks were good for those who were drinking and the coffee was fine. We went to a water park one day which was really good, we had an afternoon out on a boat trip, which I loved and we spent a lot of time chilling round the pool. I've felt cold since we got home, there's a big drop in temperature.

See you all later. xx