Notices

Class of August 2018 Part 10

Old 03-24-2019, 03:54 AM
  # 81 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome back DS

coming back is half the battle - be honest now and decisive and fix what went wrong...do better

D
Old 03-24-2019, 04:42 AM
  # 82 (permalink)  

Dee thanks so much for the reminder about Ayers. I completely forgot about her going away.

Darkling, so sorry you are struggling. Is there some reason you didn't come to SR for help? So glad you're back with us.
Old 03-24-2019, 04:49 AM
  # 83 (permalink)  

DS, I’m sorry to hear about your drinking. I know drinking had been on your mind. I think it’s obviosu that you still want to be sober else you wouldnt be here. I wonder what you will do fifferently this time?

I’m glad you’re back

Bonnie
Old 03-24-2019, 06:23 AM
  # 84 (permalink)  

Darkling, you came back! Hurrah!
Old 03-24-2019, 11:50 AM
  # 85 (permalink)  

Thanks everyone. Your support means more than you will ever know.
I am making myself miserable in life.....resenting this, fearing that.....
I hadn't perhaps realised just how small I had let my life become; constantly making mountains out of molehills.
Old 03-24-2019, 04:51 PM
  # 86 (permalink)  
Administrator

You can embiggen it again DS

D
Old 03-24-2019, 08:58 PM
  # 87 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by DarklingSong View Post
Thanks everyone. Your support means more than you will ever know.
I am making myself miserable in life.....resenting this, fearing that.....
I hadn't perhaps realised just how small I had let my life become; constantly making mountains out of molehills.
Man DS, you just seem like you have come so far. When you say your life became small, do you mean that you weren't doing much beyond worrying? Did that have anything to do with picking up again?
Old 03-24-2019, 11:58 PM
  # 88 (permalink)  

embiggen
Great word, Dee, and a great message

((DS))
Old 03-25-2019, 12:00 AM
  # 89 (permalink)  
Administrator

Blame The Simpsons for that one Caramel

D
Old 03-25-2019, 05:41 AM
  # 90 (permalink)  

Awww, Darkling, I'm so sorry. Glad you got right back here. The path is not always straight as those of us who've fallen and gotten back up well know. My last slip was a bitter road sign pointing me back in the right direction. I hope your recent slip points you in the right direction too.

What do you mean about your life becoming small? Is there anything you can pinpoint that is making you feel that way? Making mountains out of molehills is something unhappy people and people with anxiety often do. What can you do to try to broaden your experience and calm you down without drinking? Sometimes it's the smallest things that make a difference.

Today I'm feeling a bit low as my daughter's gone back to school and my HTB has gone to work a job in another state for a week. I don't have much to do, and that always puts me at risk. I'm going to start working on n adult paint-by-numbers to fill some of my empty time. I find doing that theraputic.

Thanks for reminding us that Ayers was having a week away, Dee. I thought I'd remembered that, but wasn't sure. I hope she's enjoying.

Hang in there and treat yourself well this week friends. I overindulged last week, so if anyone has any diet tips, please send them my way! Haha.
Old 03-25-2019, 11:13 AM
  # 91 (permalink)  

Monday evening.
Hi everyone – I’m back – in one piece .

Thanks for all of you wondering where I had disappeared to – it warms my heart knowing someone, somewhere is thinking of me.

Really had THE best time ever – was just wonderful – full of fun and laughs , mostly around dinner tables, with the most delectable meals and lovely company. Think I gained some weight but it was so worth it!

I tried catching up here now, but by the time I got to page 3 , I skipped to the end to just let you all know I’m fine, going strong and well and to say hi.

My dogs are going crazy – they’re so glad I’m back – so have to give them some attention,but I am going to take my laptop to bed tonight to catch up with all your posts.

Luv and hugs . Can’t wait to read your posts. I did think of you all often, more than once a day (promise – the absolute truth!) while in the beautiful Cape XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
Old 03-25-2019, 11:28 AM
  # 92 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Bekindalways View Post
Man DS, you just seem like you have come so far. When you say your life became small, do you mean that you weren't doing much beyond worrying? Did that have anything to do with picking up again?
Yes, Be Kind exactly that. Worrying and resenting. There has been no joy in my life for a long, long time.I don't think I was really taking responsibility for my self inflicted misery. Nobody is doing this to me but myself. If there was such a thing as a brain transplant I would willing take that option.

Thanks Dee and Caramel and Alice......and everyone here.
Old 03-25-2019, 01:13 PM
  # 93 (permalink)  

Glad to see you Ayers. It sounds like a brilliant trip.

Katy, thinking of you. Hope all is well.
Old 03-25-2019, 05:12 PM
  # 94 (permalink)  
Administrator

welcome back Ayers

D
Old 03-25-2019, 06:20 PM
  # 95 (permalink)  

WB Ayers. Glad you had a good time

DS, don’t beat yourself up. Start thinking about what will be different this time. You can do it.

“Embiggen”.....Dee you enrich my vocabulary.

I hope you find enough to do Alice.

Best to all
Old 03-25-2019, 07:10 PM
  # 96 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by DarklingSong View Post
Yes, Be Kind exactly that. Worrying and resenting. There has been no joy in my life for a long, long time.I don't think I was really taking responsibility for my self inflicted misery. Nobody is doing this to me but myself. If there was such a thing as a brain transplant I would willing take that option.

Thanks Dee and Caramel and Alice......and everyone here.
Irk . . . sounds like you need to join my reverse lent project . . . . which, to be honest . . . . isn't exactly going gang busters . . . sigh.

Ayers, good to see you. Strangely Dee had to remind us where you were. Dee, you definitely have some special kind of genius.
Old 03-26-2019, 01:33 AM
  # 97 (permalink)  

Morning everyone,

Great to hear from you Ayers.

So sorry you slipped Darkling, really pleased you're still here with us though! I unfortunately have done the same.

I've been avoiding typing this as I feel so embarrassed and ashamed after all I was saying and doing to change my life. I had a drink Friday evening and carried on solid all weekend, day and night, yesterday I felt awful withdrawals so again drank a little to wean off instead of stopping dead so my body didn't go into shock again. I'm taking all my vitamins and skullcap today to try and piece back together again. Once again I spent money I didn't have, couldn't work yesterday, had to cancel swimming yesterday and can't go for my meal with my friend tomorrow now. Why I keep doing this I do not know. Personally I think I may look to get a sponsor and give the 12 steps a try.
This slip hasn't been half as bad as most before but I know it's only another drink away from being back in hell again, I can't let it happen.

So sorry to be checking in with a negative post after being so positive and feeling so strong. I really am so shocked but it's only myself I can blame. Looking forward to getting to my AA Thurs night and sharing this there too.

I'm still so exhausted today and I must try to pick work back up so I'll read and reply more later tonight.

Thinking of you all and I'm still as determined as ever to beat this. I can't understand how someone that determined can slip like that though, it really baffles me this disease!!!!!

Back soon xxxxx
Old 03-26-2019, 01:42 AM
  # 98 (permalink)  

My Dad is back home and the op went well.
He is so poorly though, I went over Sunday with the Stew but he couldn't get out of bed and he can't talk, he was so poorly and has an abscess above his tooth too. The Doctor has given him anti biotics.
I'd drank a lot when I went there but I build such a scary high tolerance I still go about my day and can hide it when I need to.
Obviously I'm not proud of that! Disgusted with myself for this slip up but all I can do is keep on fighting.
Thank you for all the kind words asking about my Dad and sending prayers.
Old 03-26-2019, 03:15 AM
  # 99 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm sorry you drank sunflower, but I hope your Dad will get better soon with the antibiotics.

I know it's hard to think of yourself when someone you love is suffering, but why not use the same care and concern you give your dad on yourself?

Treasure yourself, nourish yourself. Drinking is just giving our soul away ,little by little.

No one here and I reckon no one in your family wants you to see you suffer.

D
Old 03-26-2019, 03:18 AM
  # 100 (permalink)  

Thank you Dee.
I'll take that on board, to try and have that same care and concern for myself.