Notices

Class of March 2019 Part One

Old 03-03-2019, 08:48 AM
  # 41 (permalink)  

“The future depends on what you do today”, this is my daily inspiration quote from my sober app on my phone. And today is day 60 for me!! I actually had my days total off so I’m grateful for this app called I am Sober, especially the motivation quotes.
Waking up this morning I realized how good I’ve actually been feeling physically for the first time in 10-20 years and no hangover, stomachache, headache, nausea, bloated and withdrawing...So this is the motivation for today to not use because that feeling only led me to such emotional lows and depression.
This morning the sun is shining
against the bright white snow
the trees are glistening
alongside the patches of the pale blue sky

Wishing everyone a peaceful day....Lena
peeking out from the
Old 03-03-2019, 09:22 AM
  # 42 (permalink)  

Thanks for sharing your app experiences. This is all very new for me but yes it seems a positive addition to my sobriety plan. Thank you
Old 03-03-2019, 09:52 AM
  # 43 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Lena1231 View Post
“The future depends on what you do today”, this is my daily inspiration quote from my sober app on my phone. And today is day 60 for me!!
Thank you Lena. I'll give the app a try. I wasn't knocking it it's just that I personally benefit from a physical calendar.

Did we lose anyone? Lila125, Sweetpeacan, Oregongirlsite, Sman, bradley26 How you guys doing?

Day 8 complete for me and on to day 9. I spent a good portion of yesterday writing a blog post. Not sure I will ever post it but it will be a good reminder for myself if nothing else.

Every day I feel a little bit better and I further evaluate my habits and how I can head things off at the pass. I'm extremely thankful for all those on the forums sharing.

Happy Sunday and hope everyone has a great and satisfying day.
Old 03-03-2019, 12:57 PM
  # 44 (permalink)  

Hey guys, thought I'd join ya. I'm on Day 7, never got round to joining the Feb class. I'm still dealing with the fallout from recent drinking: work, financial and social problems have become very evident as my mental health at least improves. One more slip and I dread to think where it would leave me. But so far so good. I've been to a couple of AA meetings this weekend, and I aim to go back again tomorrow. This getting sober thing is tough but necessary. Really, really tough but really, really necessary.
Old 03-03-2019, 03:05 PM
  # 45 (permalink)  

In
Old 03-03-2019, 03:05 PM
  # 46 (permalink)  
Administrator

Really glad to have you with us Tetrax
Old 03-03-2019, 03:33 PM
  # 47 (permalink)  

hey all, id like to join the group if i may. today is my day 1. I'm feeling so mad at myself because i had some significant sober time and gave it up for one night of lunacy. The thought had been brewing in me for some time and i didn't do a GD thing to stop it. Today i feel as scared as when i first starting trying.
Old 03-03-2019, 03:47 PM
  # 48 (permalink)  

Welcome tetrax, offthemast, and formyboy86. All are welcome. There is strength in numbers.

I've been avoiding social settings that used to be drinking excuses for me. Catching some grief for not showing up by friends but this time is for me. And once the drinking starts, I'm really not missed.

A solid week of sobriety in the books for me. I feel good and I get very ambitious at this point. Just need to remind myself not to take on too much. Too much would usually lead me to drinking. Lessons learned.
Old 03-03-2019, 04:21 PM
  # 49 (permalink)  

stick to your guns FR. make time for sober socializing tho
Old 03-03-2019, 04:29 PM
  # 50 (permalink)  

hey tetrax, i know the stress of feeling like i am always dealing with fallout. And the strain on my mental health and self worth . just wanted to say hey
Old 03-03-2019, 04:31 PM
  # 51 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ForMyBoy86 View Post
stick to your guns FR. make time for sober socializing tho
Thanks. For right now, I'll stay away. Fresh off a week relapse so just want to make sure my sober muscles are strong.

Appreciate the support for sure.
Old 03-03-2019, 04:48 PM
  # 52 (permalink)  

for sure, you got this dude
Old 03-03-2019, 04:50 PM
  # 53 (permalink)  
Administrator

welcome formyboy and offthemast

D
Old 03-03-2019, 05:02 PM
  # 54 (permalink)  

Welcome Tetrax , Offthemast, and ForMyBoy86

We are growing

I can relate Finalround. I declined to go to a party last night to steer clear of booze. I'm just not ready to be around drinkers at this point. I'm just thankful it is a slow season at work because in my line of work I spend a lot of time around people drinking. Hopefully by the summer my strength will be up enough to deal with the reality of work vs my addiction.

Day at a time for now
Old 03-03-2019, 06:47 PM
  # 55 (permalink)  

Oh man, close call

So today was my first real free day for me in a long time. I bought a new daypack for hiking and set out for a local hike I’ve heard of but not done before. It was a great hike although short.

Tonight as my kids checked the kitchen for food and my husband tried to put together a lunch for work tonight and to pull together something to eat before leaving for work I got tired of hearing about lack of food in the house. I guess instead of hiking this afternoon I was supposed to go grocery shopping. 😕

So I headed out after my husband left for work with a long list of things we needed. As I pulled into the store I had this sudden thought of buying wine to drink. What a terrible thought!! But the voice nagged me the entire way through the store and twice I nearly broke down, but I managed to get out with all my groceries and none of the booze.

Boy that was close, but I’m so glad I fought back and won. ☺️
Old 03-03-2019, 07:02 PM
  # 56 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm glad too otterisland

D
Old 03-03-2019, 10:08 PM
  # 57 (permalink)  

Thanks for checking in enginer26. I’m still sober just closing our day 3. No significant withdrawl symptoms just some anxiety and trouble sleeping. I am used to going without drinking for a few days or so at a time when taking family trips and such, with out significant symptoms. Bit stressed out at the moment regarding an ill family pet... but hoping for the best and putting it in God’s hands... all I can do.

Congats to to all of the people reaching sober milestones and thanks for sharing your inspirational stories.
Old 03-04-2019, 04:09 AM
  # 58 (permalink)  

Welcome to anyone that’s new!!!
Thankful to be waking up sober yesterday was little hard towards the evening random cravings it was little odd because there wasn’t any triggers it just came out of nowhere then some odd crazy dreams last night that kept waking me up but no matter what today is a new day I’m going to try and make the best of it
Hopefully everyone is doing lovely and sober
Old 03-04-2019, 04:16 AM
  # 59 (permalink)  
Administrator

I always had cravings the day after I drank Nichole.,.its just part of alcoholism, I think, or at least the stage I ended up at?

D
Old 03-04-2019, 04:57 AM
  # 60 (permalink)  

Good morning everyone. I'm on day 14 and would like to join this class. I'm doing decently well today. My mental energy has been coming back somewhat, though my sleep is still pretty poor and I'm feeling pretty tired this morning.

Lets see with respect to recovery plans, I hit an AA meeting on Saturday, and might hit another one at lunch today, and am meeting my sponsor tomorrow to start doing reading. I don't have much else to report this morning other than its good to be sober and not hungover today.

I hope the day goes well for all of you!