Notices

24 Hour Recovery Connections Part 431

Old 02-11-2019, 04:00 AM
  # 241 (permalink)  

I'm such a doofus!!! (doofus = boofhead, for those in Australia).
I sent an email to a client earlier but I didn't check the email thread properly before pressing send and an email from a colleague that had been sent to me privately on the thread got sent to the client. It could be worse..... but it isn't great. I realised a nano second after I'd pressed send. And I prayed for a time machine that could take me back to the second before I pressed send. But a time machine didn't appear so I did the only thing I could do..... I embarked on a world tour of confession and apology. First of all I apologised to my colleague who had sent the email to me privately. Then I apologised to my boss. Then I called the client and apologised to him. I don't think there's anyone else I can confess and apologise to so I'm going to try to stop beating myself up about it and get on with my day. It was a mistake and I will learn from it. And in the meantime..... if anyone reading this is clever enough to make a time machine, I urge you to do it. You would make a small fortune out of people like me who let our excitement and eagerness overrule common sense and attention to detail. Lesson learned.

Congratulations to everyone celebrating a milestone today. So happy for you H379!! Fantastic Stay strong Jo, this too shall pass. Love to everyone and 24 more for me please xxxx
Old 02-11-2019, 04:20 AM
  # 242 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by listae View Post
Another 24 for me please. 10:31 (EST).

Since I am feeling a lot of regret over messing up and losing a dream job, I am picking this daily reflection titled "Yesterday's Baggage" for our next 24 hours:

"I have more than enough to handle today, without dragging along yesterday's baggage too. I must balance today's books, If I am to have a chance tomorrow. So I ask myself if I have erred and how I can avoid repeating that particular behavior."
Thanks for posting this; it’s spot on. I’m really sorry about the job you lost.
Old 02-11-2019, 04:21 AM
  # 243 (permalink)  

24 please.
Old 02-11-2019, 04:31 AM
  # 244 (permalink)  

Ahhh, more snow on a Monday morning, drive to work should be another thrill ride with too many people trying to drive in cars that are not equipped to handle snow. Time to practice being calm. Count me in for 24 hours sober.
Old 02-11-2019, 04:54 AM
  # 245 (permalink)  

Morning check-in for another 24 in DC. Stayed up way too late but making progress on lifey issues that are percolating. God this feeling of feeling feelings is...interesting.

Well, somehow triple digits for me today. Been here before, but this time I appreciate the journey so much more.

Trudging along, day by day. Enjoy your Monday.
Old 02-11-2019, 04:55 AM
  # 246 (permalink)  
No quitting on yer quit eh!

“You were given this life, because you are strong enough to live it.” – Robin Sharma

5:55am in Alberta, another 24 please, and thanks...

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
Old 02-11-2019, 05:09 AM
  # 247 (permalink)  

In for another 24
Old 02-11-2019, 05:17 AM
  # 248 (permalink)  

Another 24 for me please
Old 02-11-2019, 06:05 AM
  # 249 (permalink)  

This is a list of everyone who posted their commitment to stay sober in the last
24 hours: 9 am EST ~ 8.59 am EST.

It is awesome to have every single one of you here with us!

1newcreation
abcowboy
ANewDayNYC
ardy
Atlast9999
aussieblue
Awake61
Babs1234
Bailey3
badgerden
bandicoot2
BarbieKen
Canadian Koala
Chaisson
ChloeRose63
Citrus
Coldfusion
Coco6054
CrossYourHeart
Daisybelle
Dee74
Delilah1
Endoftheday
erfra7
FormerBeerLover
gatorman
Gilmer ♥RIP♥
Goat
goodbyeevan
goose333
Guener
H379
Hats
Hevyn
Jack16
jimmyJlover
joandmelandhan
John65
julietUK
Kaneda8888
kenton
kevlarsjal2
Kris47
least
LillianGish
lilymaz
listae
Lostmyoffswitch
lyddie
Mags1
mariposa
Minion09
mystified
neferkamichael
Neoo
Nic233
nmd
OliveDog
Optimist4ever57
Paperbag
PhoenixJ
Purplrks3647
Quincy
quitter62
Rainman1
Rar
RedBerryJuniper
Saskia
SaturatedSeize
SmilingFaces
SnoozyQ
soberista
SoberLeigh
Soberwolf
stargazer016
stayonthepath
Stubbs16
Sunflower79
Sunflowerlife
Sweetpeacan
tgirl
theVman31
Time2LLL60
tomls
trudgingagain
Tynesider22
vanaprastha
venuscat
Vinificent
WaterOx
whopper
wiscsober
Willow68
yukonm
Zanna
zeppodog
zoeydog

Onward together!

♥ thank you dear abcowboy ♥

February 11, 2019

Every single one of us ~ another awesome sober day.

Old 02-11-2019, 06:11 AM
  # 250 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by H379 View Post
Today is the most I have been AF 43 days in 27 - 28 days. I have never felt this good. Thanks for all the support.

I am in for another 24 to get to the next target of 50 days.
Way to GO, H3!
Old 02-11-2019, 06:14 AM
  # 251 (permalink)  

GOOD Morning Beautiful People!!
Old 02-11-2019, 06:15 AM
  # 252 (permalink)  

24 more please, Dear God.

Congrats to all those sober today!!

Prayers for the sick or struggling.
Old 02-11-2019, 06:17 AM
  # 253 (permalink)  

Old 02-11-2019, 06:17 AM
  # 254 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Quincy View Post
May I please have another 24 hours with a side of cake (Happy Birthday VC!)? Thank you.

Thank you dear Quincy and thank you EVERYONE. ♥♥

I feel like a new person today: I ended up being really really ill for a couple of days....they don't really talk about 24/48 hour viruses that I know of here, but in Aus, that's what we call what I had. Boom....hit me like a ton of bricks on Friday, and then unfortunately I ended up with anaphylaxis Sat night and almost had to go to the ER.

And then I couldn't do any of the things we were going to do on my birthday....and then.....the snow came down like a winter wonderland movie and my husband showered me with beautiful gifts and love, and we spent the day just being together....talking and relaxing.

I let go....let go of the need to have everything exactly the way I want it....err.....alcoholic much? And just let it be. And all day I received lovely messages....just so nice. My heart was/is so warm and full.

And I slept like a log and woke up almost completely better today....which is also very nice.

I feel renewed and more grateful than I have ever felt in my life.
And ready to really get into life in America now....I am also excited, because my favourite cousins are coming here in April....NY City....and we are going to meet them.....well, Nick will meet them I haven't seen them for 2 and a half years....cannot wait to squoosh some of my family members......especially my 7-year-old twin nieces...well cousins but I am Auntie Suze to them.

Life is wonderful.

Thank you God and thank you all for being the amazing human beings that you are....this thread rocks big time.

Old 02-11-2019, 06:23 AM
  # 255 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by listae View Post
Another 24 for me please. 10:31 (EST).

Since I am feeling a lot of regret over messing up and losing a dream job, I am picking this daily reflection titled "Yesterday's Baggage" for our next 24 hours:

"I have more than enough to handle today, without dragging along yesterday's baggage too. I must balance today's books, If I am to have a chance tomorrow. So I ask myself if I have erred and how I can avoid repeating that particular behavior."

(((listae))) ♥

I need to write my sobriety story....you just made me think about it....because I lost my dream job. A job I had longed for since I was 4 years old and I threw it away....because I was a hopeless mess. An out-of-control alcoholic.

Gosh that is painful.....so painful....and I am so sorry that happened to you.

And I love your response.....yesterday's baggage indeed.....and now there is that space for a door to open....a door that you never even knew was there. And something wonderful is going to be behind it....a new dream job: an even better one. ♥♥
Old 02-11-2019, 06:29 AM
  # 256 (permalink)  

Hugged my grandsons as they headed off to school. Nothing so good feeling as this
sobriety. Love to all.
Old 02-11-2019, 06:30 AM
  # 257 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by joandmelandhan View Post
Thank you darling Suze.
The thing is I don't know what to post. I'm just a little lost and can't bring myself to reach out. Isolation probably and that doesn't end well does it?
As bad as the taper on my current medication is I'm dreading the new ones even more. It scares me to mess with my system and try something new. But that was the advice given and so I'm going with it. I'm keeping up with my diet and exercise a little better now so perhaps all combined will help me to get on an even keel soon. This depression and anxiety was the reason I turned to alcohol in the first place. I know that will never ever be the answer but it really is hard to stay on the right path and do what helps me when inside all I want to do is hide away some days.
In reality life is so much better. I suspect though that in my efforts to make it up to my girls and loved ones I've neglected myself. Just very disappointed to be back in the same hole I was in 17 years ago.
So I'm on day 8 of a 15 day taper and then new medication. Half way there and then let's hope I can tip-toe back to a stable frame of mind.
Lots of love to you all and 24 more please
We really are twins, aren't we?
I understand.....feel the same and have done the same thing. Isolated....and oh yes, it is dangerous. I nearly got into a depression I could not come out of, and I cannot take anti-ds.....well maybe I could now, the SSRIs are no good for me but I know there are others around now....

I know it feels like it honey, but are you really back in that same hole? I mean, gosh.....sober, an awesome mum, a wonderful friend, a fantastic and reliable work colleague....a proud dog owner ....a partner who tries her best to support someone who has issues of their own...err....someone with the courage to go and swim in public to start getting fit again.... (I COULD NOT do that)....hmmm......there is so much more. But if I don't stop posting someone may shoot me.

Keep talking. We hear you. And you are not alone lovely one. ♥♥
Old 02-11-2019, 06:31 AM
  # 258 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Awake61 View Post
Hugged my grandsons as they headed off to school. Nothing so good feeling as this
sobriety. Love to all.
♥ Beautiful honey
Old 02-11-2019, 06:32 AM
  # 259 (permalink)  
Urban Hermit

24 more please.
Old 02-11-2019, 06:36 AM
  # 260 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by kenton View Post
I'm such a doofus!!! (doofus = boofhead, for those in Australia).
I sent an email to a client earlier but I didn't check the email thread properly before pressing send and an email from a colleague that had been sent to me privately on the thread got sent to the client. It could be worse..... but it isn't great. I realised a nano second after I'd pressed send. And I prayed for a time machine that could take me back to the second before I pressed send. But a time machine didn't appear so I did the only thing I could do..... I embarked on a world tour of confession and apology. First of all I apologised to my colleague who had sent the email to me privately. Then I apologised to my boss. Then I called the client and apologised to him. I don't think there's anyone else I can confess and apologise to so I'm going to try to stop beating myself up about it and get on with my day. It was a mistake and I will learn from it. And in the meantime..... if anyone reading this is clever enough to make a time machine, I urge you to do it. You would make a small fortune out of people like me who let our excitement and eagerness overrule common sense and attention to detail. Lesson learned.

Congratulations to everyone celebrating a milestone today. So happy for you H379!! Fantastic Stay strong Jo, this too shall pass. Love to everyone and 24 more for me please xxxx
I love you. I am sorry that I am laughing right now.
And I feel you ......we have all done that at some stage....I was having an argument with Nick months back and texted a few not-so-nice comments to him and got the wrong person....

Your apology tour was successful I am sure....
And yes, you can take an email back....100%.....not sure how you set it up but I know it is available. Someone here will know I bet.

And thank you again for the beautiful flowers and your message....keeping an ear out for the postie. ♥♥

EDIT: here you go honey...I found it

G mail can be set to pause for up to 30 seconds before it delivers your emails after you click Send. ... You can only unsend emails if you have enabled the Undo Send feature, which is not turned on by default.