Notices

24 Hour Recovery Connections Part 431

Old 02-12-2019, 04:10 AM
  # 321 (permalink)  

24 please. And Spring will come.
Old 02-12-2019, 04:19 AM
  # 322 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Chaisson View Post
Morning check-in for another 24 in DC. Stayed up way too late but making progress on lifey issues that are percolating. God this feeling of feeling feelings is...interesting.

Well, somehow triple digits for me today. Been here before, but this time I appreciate the journey so much more.

Trudging along, day by day. Enjoy your Monday.
100 Days
Old 02-12-2019, 04:22 AM
  # 323 (permalink)  

Oh no....sorry dear Chaisson...I missed this.
We shall celebrate 101 days today. ♥♥

And thank you dear CrossYourHeart.
Old 02-12-2019, 04:24 AM
  # 324 (permalink)  
No quitting on yer quit eh!

“Anyone can hide. Facing up to things, working through them, that’s what makes you strong.” – Sarah Dessen

5:25am in Alberta, 24 more for me please, and thanks...

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
Old 02-12-2019, 04:28 AM
  # 325 (permalink)  

24, please.
Old 02-12-2019, 04:38 AM
  # 326 (permalink)  

24 hours sober please.
Old 02-12-2019, 04:40 AM
  # 327 (permalink)  

Afternoon all. Its 12.40pm here in the UK. Please count me in for another 24 hours sober and clean.
Old 02-12-2019, 04:53 AM
  # 328 (permalink)  

I'm in for 24 hours.
Old 02-12-2019, 04:58 AM
  # 329 (permalink)  

In for another 24
Old 02-12-2019, 05:11 AM
  # 330 (permalink)  

24 please. I took the day off; feeling really run down and achey.

Have a good day, all.

Xx

Red
Old 02-12-2019, 05:12 AM
  # 331 (permalink)  

Looking forward to another 24 on this Tuesday morning.
Old 02-12-2019, 05:17 AM
  # 332 (permalink)  

Checking in, 24 more please.

Thanks CYH and Venus!

Hope the bad days some are having are just blips and settle out. It sucks when some days are just...heavy. There's a phrase that "the only way out is through" that seems to resonate with me and helps me keep the faith.

Hang in all.
Old 02-12-2019, 05:19 AM
  # 333 (permalink)  

Thank you dear Chaisson...lovely and inspiring words.

I am sorry you are not feeling great dear Red....I hope today is a lovely day of rest and you-time.
Old 02-12-2019, 05:20 AM
  # 334 (permalink)  

This is a list of everyone who posted their commitment to stay sober in the last
24 hours: 9 am EST ~ 8.59 am EST.

It is awesome to have every single one of you here with us!

1newcreation
abcowboy
ANewDayNYC
ardy
Atlast9999
aussieblue
Awake61
Babs1234
Bailey3
badgerden
bandicoot2
BarbieKen
Canadian Koala
Chaisson
ChloeRose63
Citrus
Coldfusion
Coco6054
CrossYourHeart
Daisybelle
Dee74
Delilah1
Endoftheday
erfra7
FormerBeerLover
gatorman
Gilmer ♥RIP♥
Goat
goodbyeevan
goose333
Guener
H379
Hats
Hevyn
Jack16
jimmyJlover
joandmelandhan
John65
julietUK
Kaneda8888
kenton
kevlarsjal2
Kris47
least
LillianGish
lilymaz
listae
Lostmyoffswitch
lyddie
Mags1
mariposa
Minion09
mystified
neferkamichael
Neoo
Nic233
nmd
OliveDog
Optimist4ever57
Paperbag
PhoenixJ
Purplrks3647
Quincy
quitter62
Rainman1
Rar
RedBerryJuniper
Saskia
SaturatedSeize
SmilingFaces
SnoozyQ
soberista
SoberLeigh
Soberwolf
stargazer016
stayonthepath
Stubbs16
Sunflower79
Sunflowerlife
Sweetpeacan
tgirl
theVman31
Time2LLL60
tomls
trudgingagain
Tynesider22
vanaprastha
venuscat
Vinificent
WaterOx
whopper
wiscsober
Willow68
yukonm
Zanna
zeppodog
zoeydog

Onward together!

♥ thank you dear abcowboy ♥

February 12, 2019

Chaisson ~ yesterday, sorry ~ 100 days!
goose333 ~ 1 year & 6 months!!
BarbieKen ~ 6 years & 3 months!

Old 02-12-2019, 05:29 AM
  # 335 (permalink)  

I'm so sorry you had such a bad day yesterday, Suze. I hope today is better. Sending you loads of love.
Good luck with the job application Listae and thank you for the daily reflections - I really enjoy reading them and they help me every day so thank you xxx
Congrats on 100 days Chaisson and everyone else celebrating a milestone today.

My big news is that I think I might be slowly turning into a slightly more rational person! Well, I think I'm taking steps in the right direction at least. My birthday is coming up and my mum always forgets it. I know it's very childish of me to still be bothered about this but the fact is, it does bother me. Especially because she remembers all my siblings birthdays. Heck, she even remembers my husband's birthday and she didn't give birth to him!! Anyway, my goal is to get to the point where I'm so happy and secure in myself, I don't care whether she forgets my birthday …. and I'm making progress towards that goal but I'm not there yet. So, I thought that rather than wait for my birthday to arrive and then get upset when she forgets, I will give her a few reminders beforehand. I phoned her up this morning, had a nice chat and at the end I mentioned my upcoming birthday. I was honest about it... I told her it upsets me when she forgets it and I asked whether she could try to remember it this year. She was fine about it, she said she'll make a note of it on her calendar. All good. Then she said, 'Oh, I've just written it on the calendar and your birthday is on the same day that I'm going to …….. (my sister's name) for lunch.' I said, 'that's nice' and I should have left it there. But I didn't. I asked, 'who else is going for lunch?' So, anyway it turns out that on my birthday, my 2 sisters, my mum, my aunt and my nephews and nieces are all meeting for lunch. And I'm not. And this is where I think I'm slowly edging my way towards becoming a rational person. Because in the past, this would upset me very much. And if I'm being honest, it has upset me a little but not too much. The way that I look at it now is that it's nice for them all to meet up and I don't need to be invited. Not everything has to be about me. They don't know what plans I have for my birthday and they don't owe me an invite. Also, it feels really marvellous to know that I'm getting on very well at the moment with my mum and my sisters and that I don't need to waste any energy getting upset about this. I can spend my birthday with my family and keep my energy positive and upbeat. And if my birthday arrives and my mum still forgets, well... it's not the end of the world. It's hard for me to not take things personally because I'm such a sensitive soul but if taking things personally leads to me always getting hurt.... well, I'm going to choose to not take things personally. Emotional growth..... it's actually happening!! 24 more for me please xxxx
Old 02-12-2019, 05:30 AM
  # 336 (permalink)  

Im in for 24 more at 829am.
Old 02-12-2019, 05:48 AM
  # 337 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by kenton View Post
I'm so sorry you had such a bad day yesterday, Suze. I hope today is better. Sending you loads of love.
Good luck with the job application Listae and thank you for the daily reflections - I really enjoy reading them and they help me every day so thank you xxx
Congrats on 100 days Chaisson and everyone else celebrating a milestone today.

My big news is that I think I might be slowly turning into a slightly more rational person! Well, I think I'm taking steps in the right direction at least. My birthday is coming up and my mum always forgets it. I know it's very childish of me to still be bothered about this but the fact is, it does bother me. Especially because she remembers all my siblings birthdays. Heck, she even remembers my husband's birthday and she didn't give birth to him!! Anyway, my goal is to get to the point where I'm so happy and secure in myself, I don't care whether she forgets my birthday …. and I'm making progress towards that goal but I'm not there yet. So, I thought that rather than wait for my birthday to arrive and then get upset when she forgets, I will give her a few reminders beforehand. I phoned her up this morning, had a nice chat and at the end I mentioned my upcoming birthday. I was honest about it... I told her it upsets me when she forgets it and I asked whether she could try to remember it this year. She was fine about it, she said she'll make a note of it on her calendar. All good. Then she said, 'Oh, I've just written it on the calendar and your birthday is on the same day that I'm going to …….. (my sister's name) for lunch.' I said, 'that's nice' and I should have left it there. But I didn't. I asked, 'who else is going for lunch?' So, anyway it turns out that on my birthday, my 2 sisters, my mum, my aunt and my nephews and nieces are all meeting for lunch. And I'm not. And this is where I think I'm slowly edging my way towards becoming a rational person. Because in the past, this would upset me very much. And if I'm being honest, it has upset me a little but not too much. The way that I look at it now is that it's nice for them all to meet up and I don't need to be invited. Not everything has to be about me. They don't know what plans I have for my birthday and they don't owe me an invite. Also, it feels really marvellous to know that I'm getting on very well at the moment with my mum and my sisters and that I don't need to waste any energy getting upset about this. I can spend my birthday with my family and keep my energy positive and upbeat. And if my birthday arrives and my mum still forgets, well... it's not the end of the world. It's hard for me to not take things personally because I'm such a sensitive soul but if taking things personally leads to me always getting hurt.... well, I'm going to choose to not take things personally. Emotional growth..... it's actually happening!! 24 more for me please xxxx
You just magically and mysteriously tapped into what happened to me yesterday....and as I read your post, my eyes almost popped out of my head (or they would have if I could open them today) because I could not believe how unselfish and magnanimous you are being. And wise...so very wise....being peaceful is everything.....not letting our family or anyone rent negative space in our head is paramount....and yet I forgot.

But you....my gosh woman.....you deserve a medal for that attitude. I am going to find just the right thing.... But really, you are incredible.

This is the HUGEST thing to overcome and you are doing it with such incredible grace. Just not enough words to say how impressed I am.

Massive love. ♥♥

I made you a medal
Old 02-12-2019, 06:03 AM
  # 338 (permalink)  

PS....May we please know when your birthday is. ♥♥
Old 02-12-2019, 06:16 AM
  # 339 (permalink)  
Urban Hermit

24 more please.
Old 02-12-2019, 06:44 AM
  # 340 (permalink)  

6:43 am in California and I'm up and ready for a sober Tuesday!