Notices

Class of January 2019 part 4

Old 02-03-2019, 01:29 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  
Administrator

Glad Citrus Jr is ok

congrats on your milestone Suzie, 33 days paperbag, 28 days Bonnie and 2 weeks Red and RAL

Congrats to everyone else too, no matter what day it is

D
Old 02-03-2019, 02:08 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Goodnight everyone. Another dry weekend has been accomplished.

See you tomorrow!
Old 02-03-2019, 02:09 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Really great sober time racking up here!

Bonniefloyd, Congrats on your longes stretch. That’s great...keep at it

Zigoul, Love that you indulged in video games instead of alcohol! I’ve been watching more you tube clips over the last few weeks than in my entire lifetime! I figure any distraction at this point is ok. When the weather gets nice, I’ll emjoy the outdoors.

Tony, You did really well yesterday. Congrats on your month plus.

I’m out for a drive and checking in on my pnone( which is challenging for me to type on) I’ve tried to have a “no device day” in our home on Sunday, so I’m being sneaky right now. But it’s super important for me to check in here everyday.

Love to all and May we have another sober week.
Old 02-03-2019, 03:12 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Day 21.

Have little cravings once in a while. Otherwise doing good.

I enjoy going to functions and not having to worry about alcohol on my breath. Alcohol's control over my life is weakening.
Old 02-03-2019, 03:25 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

LOVED The Haunting of Hill House, Paperbag. So brilliantly done. Also, Let Me In was a great movie. I still haven’t gotten around to seeing the original Swedish version, which I’ve heard was even better.

My eldest kiddo, who is 20, and I just spent the afternoon watching Hereditary. Very disturbing and awful! I mean that in a good way, of course. We had to hide our faces behind the sofa pillows several times. *shudder*

Anyone else have movie recommendations? I’m going to be laid up a bit this week, following my surgery. I’m into horror, comedies, Kung fu, and sci-fi, especially if it’s of the dystopian nightmare variety.
Old 02-03-2019, 04:33 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Part 4! Wow! I Feel like a big kid!

JT: CONGRATULATIONS ON KEEPING YOUR EYES ON THE PRIZE! Very impressive!

RAL: You are in my thoughts. You can get through this day sober. I'm glad the hotel is comfortable and quiet. Good for you for getting a massage (brilliant idea)!

Strawberry: yes, I cleaned and organized this morning too. I now make my bed every morning as I listen to a quick sobriety morning meditation on youtube. I heard an AA speaker about how she was taught by a sponsor to make her bed every morning. When I was drinking, of course, I could barely get out of bed much less tidy up.

Day 34 got progressively better. The mornings are difficult for me and I'm certainly over-sleeping (for reasons that are not clear). I still have a lot of regret over my poor job performance. I also had my first "drinking dream." It was very vivid and in "real time." But, somewhere, sober me showed up and said: "I'm not drinking" to friends who were visiting from out of town and wanted to go to a bar. Fortunately, I woke up and realized the trip to the bar was imagined.

Anyway, I went for a fifty minute jog/walk today. The fact that I broke out into a jog is completely a miracle of sobriety (because it has been over ten years since I ran). I started to remember when I was young and ran cross-country. I remembered the hope that I had before I started to drink alcoholically to cope with the disappointments of life.

I'm delighted to read about everyone's Sunday and wish my classmates a wonderful, productive start to a new sober week of "Freedom February."
Old 02-03-2019, 04:52 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  
The Little Alcoholic Monstress That Could

Hey Citrus! I actually really like the ides of distancing and differentiating ourselves from our AVs. It surely wasn't me that wanted want my AV wanted. I knew what was to come. But once I opened the door with that first sip I gave AV permission to completely take over.

No more I say. Watching the superbowl with 2 kids in tow eating pizza and doing laundry and having energy and just feeling very capable is amazing right now!

Day 34, Oh and we saw a HUGE rainbow today it was gorgeous!

Congrats on everyones milestones and welcome to the newcomers. It gets better!
Old 02-03-2019, 05:00 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  
The Little Alcoholic Monstress That Could

Bonniefloyd- May try Split if you haven't yet. It's the prequel to Mr. Glass which is out in theaters now or will be soon.
Old 02-03-2019, 05:06 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  

Seeing a rainbow with your kids LiveLikeGold is awesome!
Old 02-03-2019, 05:20 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  

Listae, I’m so happy for you! I can feel your exuberance through your post! Running is so therapeutic for me. I hope to get back to it soon....I’m letting a foot injury heal.
Old 02-03-2019, 05:44 PM
  # 31 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by LiveLikeGold6 View Post
Bonniefloyd- May try Split if you haven't yet. It's the prequel to Mr. Glass which is out in theaters now or will be soon.
Split is awesome and I just saw Glass which was awesome too..
Old 02-03-2019, 07:10 PM
  # 32 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by LiveLikeGold6 View Post
Ooooh, I forgot about Split. I haven’t seen it yet but really want to. I like M. Night Shyamalan.
Old 02-03-2019, 07:49 PM
  # 33 (permalink)  

Bonnifloyd and Red78: I'm glad how we as a group are re-discovering so many pleasures that don't involve inebriation and alcohol! This definitely beats PAWS!
Old 02-03-2019, 08:07 PM
  # 34 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by listae View Post
Bonnifloyd and Red78: I'm glad how we as a group are re-discovering so many pleasures that don't involve inebriation and alcohol! This definitely beats PAWS!
Yes! Just reading a book or watching tv is so much more fun now. I actually understand what’s going on. In fact, there are some movies I’d like to rewatch sober, now that I think about it.
Old 02-03-2019, 08:16 PM
  # 35 (permalink)  

Just got back from my parents house. Mom said she was making chili dogs for the game, so I packed a bottle of ginger beer & some chips & headed over. At the start of the 2nd quarter, my youngest sister & her bf came in the door. They brought side dishes + bottles of pale ale & bloody mary mix - I didn't know they were coming over. I love them but *sheeesh*
Nobody in my immediate family (parents + 4 sisters) know I've quit, or how bad I was. But they knew I drank, so when I was asked if I needed anything, I said I was good. I fitted a black zipper koozie to my bottle & nursed it all game long
There was a slight murmur from the AV, but I simply reminded myself how miserable I'd be in the morning. I also thought of this group & how much it's helped me. So thanks to all of you that post & share because this is working! Day 24. Freedom February!
✌💚💪
-Z
Old 02-03-2019, 09:53 PM
  # 36 (permalink)  

Good Morning! So much positivity, what a great way to start the week.

I've started running again, been a long time. Did a 5k run on Friday, 6k on Sat and 20k bikeride with my son yest. Going a bit OTT I think but that's the all or nothing trait that made me drink too much so may as well put it to positive use. Plan is to run 10k at the end of the month and then start training for a half marathon. I think I need goals like this to fill old drinking/recovery time.

Another horror movie fan here. Will check out the movies listed.

Here's to another sober week.
Old 02-03-2019, 11:07 PM
  # 37 (permalink)  

Morning all! Looking forward to another day sobor !
Old 02-04-2019, 12:03 AM
  # 38 (permalink)  

Great posts thank you.

morning here 8am. Got to rush will be back on here after funeral. Thanks for all your good wishes x
Old 02-04-2019, 12:15 AM
  # 39 (permalink)  

Day 35

My goodness - what a sleep!!!! Nine hours solid deep slumber hasn’t happened for....... years? Well not proper non alcohol sleep. I feel strange from head to toe. Like I re-emerged from some kind of time capsule or coma chamber. Peaceful and a little disconcerted.

I stepped on the scales too and found I’m over 15 pounds lighter (7 kilos). I know you guys haven’t seen me but I’ve never been particularly overweight in the first place - well I thought I wasn’t - but 15 pounds of blubber would be a lot if you dropped it on a table in front of yourself. Six pack is just showing again too.... quite proud of that in my late forties!

This group is doing so well it’s pretty eye watering. I’ve been in a few good groups but this one seems to have the most people that have stayed strong for longest. Day after day people keep posting up that they have got through another 24 hours sober. I wonder if it’s the New Year influence or something else? Anyway who cares? Let’s take it and go with it!

Really busy week coming up so I had better crack on with my day. Great to read all your wonderful posts this morning.

Love and Support

JT
Old 02-04-2019, 12:17 AM
  # 40 (permalink)  

RAL - in my thoughts today x