Notices

Sugar Addiction Recovery Thread Part 3

Old 07-24-2018, 08:29 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Administrator

Sugar Addiction Recovery Thread Part 3

The last part is here:

https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums...rt-pt-2-a.html (The Food Addiction Thread/Support Pt 2)
Old 07-24-2018, 10:27 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Closing on another lovely day with my safe food on track.
Old 07-24-2018, 11:11 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Hope everyone is doing ok. I feel better physically after my spin class but I'm still in a rotten mood.

It's been raining all week and will be raining on my birthday as well.
So much for pool and sunshine this week.

About to use my new airfryer- tempeh and broccoli. We'll see how it goes...
Old 07-24-2018, 02:24 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Keep Going

Nite nite ladies. I’m on track despite another hard day. I don’t think I could cope with this if I was eating. Period a day late and that’s tough but my safe eating is holding.

Love to you all
Old 07-24-2018, 02:52 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Better to be eating sanely in a rotten mood then food hungover and in a rotten mood!

I did spin today too. Work, mood and food has been just fine. Now yesterday was a different story--migraine, dehydrated prepping for an MRI, felt just awful but got through it.
Old 07-24-2018, 11:08 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Good morning, checking in for another day of safe eating. Got my favourite gym class this morning. Lovely and fun bunch of ladies.

My current safe foods that are working well for me are -

chicken, eggs, all dairy, wholemeal bread, all fruits, oatmeal, organic plain yogurt along with tea, coffee, water

A delicious selection. I feel very lucky to be able to safely enjoy those foods.

My weight is dropping slightly which is fine. I am slim but not thin. I don't want to drop down to being thin. To me thinness means physically and mentally weak, cold, uncomfortable.

My moods are good. Level and stable. I had some nonsense thrown at me yesterday to deal with. In the past I would have gone into being a screaming unreasonable witch. Yesterday I dealt with it calmly and firmly.

That got the mess up resolved and also meant I didnt have to feel bad about myself the next day. Which would have started my day in a dark cloud.
Old 07-24-2018, 11:11 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

The UK is very hot at present, I was thinking yesterday how grateful I am that I am not having to spent my time in a binge of either alcohol or food and therefore feel very ill, desperately hot and uncomfortable.

Abstinence makes life so much better.
Old 07-25-2018, 02:49 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Good morning everyone.

Feeling groggy but much better than yesterday- I managed the day without eating trigger foods or binging.
It's 5:45 and it's time to get to the gym for lower body day.
Today I will be finishing up cleaning the house in preparation for my bday party tomorrow night. I also need to make my keto dessert- this will be my second dessert making in the last 18 months of keto. I am nervous but excited about it, it's a bit of an experiment I suppose to see how it feels to eat it tomorrow night. I am open to whatever happens, it's a learning experiment.

Hope everyone has a great day...

P.s I really like my air fryer- it's super easy to make a meal in about 10 minutes and be able to walk away from it while it cooks and not have to turn the oven on in this 90 degree weather. I overcooked the broccoli so there is definitely a learning curve. Next time I'll put it in at the end.
Old 07-25-2018, 06:12 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Back again for some positive vibes and support..
I am in an awful mood. I was hoping my workout would help but it did not. I feel fat and bloated, angry and irritable and completely overwhelmed by the amount of things on my to-do list for today.

I love celebrations like birthdays but the anxiety around them (and especially around having company) is almost too much for my nervous system. I need to clean the downstairs (dust, vacuum and mop), run food errands for the party- for appetizers, main dishes and dessert, come home and make the coconut cake (I told my toddler he can help me with this) and hang a couple pictures in the living room. It doesn't sound like much but this is going to take me all day. Plus there is just general picking up of clutter that needs to take place downstairs and I need to get some toys into the basement for the kids that are coming over.

Let me find something to be happy about: I got my Reiki table last night. It is my Bday gift from my husband and his mom (she sent me an Amazon gift card.) This makes it official and now I can go to my friend's homes and practice giving Reiki so that I can become a Master/Teacher in 6+ months when the time is right. It is something to look forward to.

Speaking of Reiki, I haven't been doing much self treatments and I think it's just what I need, right now. Going to do 20 minutes before I start making lists and cleaning.

I just want to feel better than this. Period is also 14 days late so I'm sure that isn't helping. Ugh- hormones...
Old 07-25-2018, 07:04 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

I have just caught up....and I posted to you in the 24 dear Sunny.
This is going to be lovely.....really lovely.....I promise you.
And I am so glad you have your beautiful Reiki table. ♥♥

Anyway.....taking the day off.....so I am available for whatever you need.....here to help in any way I can. ♥♥
Old 07-25-2018, 07:31 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Keep Going

Hey All, just checking in ~ I love you

I ran this morning for the first time since January and it was just a joy. I managed a mile, but my knee was sound, and I got into a good rhythm for a while. I was so happy that I just thanked God in prayer all the time I ran. It was beautiful in the forest, with the sun coming through the leaves, and I felt alive. I am about two stone heavier now, so I have to be careful. I did think for a while there that I would never run again, so this is great.

The remainder of the day is being spent mowing and strimming and tidying the yard. The wreckage of the past around is being tackled but at a slow rate. My legs are tingling from nettle stings even though I put dock leaf on them. They are really mean at this time of the year. Just two more lawns to tackle and I can get a shower. Heaven.
Old 07-25-2018, 07:33 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Wow hunny bunny.....that is awesome.
Just awesome. ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥
Old 07-25-2018, 10:43 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Closing on a day of safe eating. Enjoyed all the food I had.
Old 07-25-2018, 11:34 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  
Keep Going

Thank you Venus, my beauty. Legs still tingling! How are you doing with your food?
Old 07-25-2018, 11:40 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  
Keep Going

Originally Posted by PeacefulWater12 View Post
Closing on a day of safe eating. Enjoyed all the food I had.
I just wanted to tell you how much hope you give me. Thank you for posting here so I can see it can be done

I think I have to either give up bread or go completely gluten free because I had (brown) burger buns tonight, planned an all, I had it last week and the week before. But this time my heart rate is up and I feel like I can't cope etc etc etc.

I guess as you eat less of the things your body doesn't like it becomes more noticeable.

(I wish my period would start too. I do feel like a pressurised hot air balloon )
Old 07-25-2018, 09:47 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by WeaverBird View Post
I just wanted to tell you how much hope you give me. Thank you for posting here so I can see it can be done
Thank you so much. I had wondered if I should stop posting as it might annoy other people who are struggling. It hadn't occurred to me it might be helpful.

I have a lot of work still to do on myself. Haha.
Old 07-25-2018, 09:58 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Checking in for another day of safe and peaceful eating.

I have a check up at the doctors first thing this morning. I think it will go well. I am feeling very healthy.

I am pleased with my self care routine. I have ramped it up in this hot weather we are having. I definitely feel better for it. I notice calmness and peace in myself. These are things I want. Very strongly want.

There are stressful things going on in my life but I am keeping them in perspective and not allowing them to upset my balance and calm. I am detaching as appropriate with AH. He is very unwell and unstable at present. In a wheelchair a lot of the time as his mobility now so weak.

I used to worry how his heart failure would play out but I don't now. I have handed that over to the Universe. Isn't my burden to carry. What will be will be.

My gym work going well. Been about 6 weeks now. I feel physically stronger and also see tone in my body. Much more flexibility too. My movement smooth and easy. I am loving it.

Very thankful.
Old 07-25-2018, 10:00 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by WeaverBird View Post

I guess as you eat less of the things your body doesn't like it becomes more noticeable.
Good point. I think you are right, I will be looking out for this now.
Old 07-26-2018, 02:40 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by PeacefulWater12 View Post
Thank you so much. I had wondered if I should stop posting as it might annoy other people who are struggling. It hadn't occurred to me it might be helpful.

I have a lot of work still to do on myself. Haha.
Your recovery would never be annoying! That's what we are here for - to share the good, bad and the ugly- the hope, peace and success!
Old 07-26-2018, 02:44 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Today I turn 42. It will be my 3rd sober birthday and my first time having an actual birthday "party" in about 12 years. While I definitely caused myself more anxiety than I needed (I wanted the house to be perfect for guests and was still finishing decorating the living room since we moved in a year ago) I can finally let go, let my husband help and enjoy the day.

I feel good today- not moody, not too bloated. I think this is day 3 now although I am just about done with counting.

Plans for the day: Full body workout at 6 am, massage at 10 and my sister is taking me for a pedicure at 11:30.

Then I have no idea what I will do the rest of the day until the party which is at 6! I'm sure I will come up with something.

Wishing everyone a beautiful day- thank you all for being on this thread- I see so many magical changes happening here and for that I am beyond grateful...