Notices

Class of February 2019 Support Thread Pt 1

Old 02-05-2019, 03:34 PM
  # 141 (permalink)  

My Wife and I have saved $450 by not drinking for 18 days. What a waste of money booze is.
I'm also down to 86.5 from 90kg, feeling great also.
I'm just tapering off Baclofen like I mentioned before so still not 100% but i'm getting there.
Hopefully by next Monday I will be on my A game.
Baclofen withdrawal comes with some confusion and mild anxiety which kind of sucks. Because if I wasn't tapering
and was on day 18 I'd be feeling fantastic no doubt.

Stay strong people.
Old 02-05-2019, 06:56 PM
  # 142 (permalink)  
Administrator

Originally Posted by WaterOx View Post
I can't remember how this is "supposed" to work. Does that class of January stay in January or do we graduate to Febuary? LOL!

I know it's no biggy either way but I wanted to know what the official system is
you can do either neither or both

The original intent was folks stayed with their original group, but people relapse, or they feel more comfortable with a fresh start in a new group for whatever reason so theres no rules.

Whatever feels most comfortable and beneficial to you WaterOx.

Hope that the week gets better for any of you doing it tough and welcome SIB and any one else I missed

D
Old 02-05-2019, 06:58 PM
  # 143 (permalink)  
Administrator

Just my customary word on supplements - not everyone is the same so any supplement suggestions should really be run past your doctor with an eye to your general health and whatever other medications you're taking.

Sharing experience is fine but please no recommendations for others. That's medical advice under our rules.

Dww
SR
Old 02-05-2019, 08:10 PM
  # 144 (permalink)  

Celebrating everyone who got through day 5 of February without drinking! Withdrawal is hard but it doesn't last forever.

Cannuck: I'm glad you found relief in going to meetings. Getting sober alone is far less pleasurable than joining others who are on the same path.
Old 02-05-2019, 08:38 PM
  # 145 (permalink)  

Insomnia/anxiety is my last hurdle. Just cannot sleep. I doze off for 20 mins and have a vivid dream that wakes me up. I am non-functional. Hopefully, it will all be over soon. 5 days is longer than usual for my detoxes. Kindling effect I assume.
Old 02-05-2019, 11:00 PM
  # 146 (permalink)  

Canuck, I can only speak for myself but sleep returned for me and was SO much better after a week. It’s horrible not being able to sleep but your body willl right itself

Im off work again today, my body hasn’t coped well with my last bought of drinking but I am off and planning on staying in, and close to here, today
Old 02-05-2019, 11:13 PM
  # 147 (permalink)  

Let us learn our lesson this time Be123! Take your day and chill-out.
Old 02-06-2019, 03:55 AM
  # 148 (permalink)  

Watched this earlier and found it helpful, see if you do and tell me what you think

https://youtu.be/C-DwGVf9TFI
Old 02-06-2019, 04:12 AM
  # 149 (permalink)  

Day 3 starting. - -

You guys talking about lack of sleep is making me feel better. Better because at least my lack of sleep is not as bad as that. My 2 year old has had a fever the last couple days so I've been up with her in the night. I can't even imagine how tired I would be if I was drinking the last 2 nights. I'm tired enough as is. Plus the anti-anxiety medicine I'm on makes me extremely sleepy at work. It's embarrassing all the times I can doze off in a day.
Old 02-06-2019, 06:17 AM
  # 150 (permalink)  

Day 6. 6 is also the cumulative number of hours I have slept during this time span. Blotchy, itchy skin like I have never experienced. At 42, my body is telling me that I cannot continue to drink without new health consequences to come. Never mind my deteriorating mental health.

I went to an early AA meeting. Passed by the liquor store on the way home and didn't even give it a thought. Sick and tired of being sick and tired.
Old 02-06-2019, 08:00 AM
  # 151 (permalink)  

Good morning classmates! Day 6 for me and starting to feel my spirits lifting. I've been reading here daily and it helps tremendously.

Also the book 'This Naked Mind' has been a real eye opener and has helped me re-frame the way I look at drinking. The things I thought alcohol offered me like a way to relax or an escape from stress or anxiety simply aren't true. Drinking just compounds those issues and adds many more negatives. I am not missing out on or giving up anything good by not drinking. I am gaining a wonderful new life. I definitely recommend this book!

Hope everyone has a great, sober day. We can do this
Old 02-06-2019, 08:04 AM
  # 152 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
Just my customary word on supplements - not everyone is the same so any supplement suggestions should really be run past your doctor with an eye to your general health and whatever other medications you're taking.

Sharing experience is fine but please no recommendations for others. That's medical advice under our rules.

Dww
SR
I apologize, I completely forgot about that rule.
Old 02-06-2019, 11:50 AM
  # 153 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Canuck76 View Post
My body is telling me that I cannot continue to drink without new health consequences to come. Never mind my deteriorating mental health.

Sick and tired of being sick and tired.
I'm with you Canuck76. Yup, sick and tired of being sick and tired.

But, on the bright spot, you walked by the liquor street without even a thought of drinking. That is a HUGE step already.
Old 02-06-2019, 11:59 AM
  # 154 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Canuck76 View Post
Day 6. 6 is also the cumulative number of hours I have slept during this time span. Blotchy, itchy skin like I have never experienced. At 42, my body is telling me that I cannot continue to drink without new health consequences to come. Never mind my deteriorating mental health.

I went to an early AA meeting. Passed by the liquor store on the way home and didn't even give it a thought. Sick and tired of being sick and tired.
Canuck,

I doubt that I could stick it out like you are doing. Respect to you for managing to keep going. Hope you feel support from here.
Another day...another step on.

All the best.
Old 02-06-2019, 12:15 PM
  # 155 (permalink)  

Ready for bed, not working again tomorrow so another day recuperating. I need that in a lot of ways

Canuck, sleep WILL come. Just think of the wasted time if you drink now

All the others speak tomorrow
Old 02-06-2019, 01:48 PM
  # 156 (permalink)  

Hi All, I hope everyone is keeping on keeping on.
day 4 no booze / day 3 no cigs. Expected mpre drink craves today but although ive been thinkinf about drink a lot its not been in a craving way. I feel weird, like ive lost motivation to drink or smoke which has never happened before! And im not naive enough to think thats it ive cracked it but like others have said, i think im a bit sick and tired of it all, i feel calmer than i have for a while. I always remember dee and others stressing the importance of a plan and doing things differently so ive really tried.

things I'm doing:
taking multivitamin and omega 3 each morning
doing a bullet journal to track progress each eve
doing a gratitude journal each eve
getting up early even after broken sleep
packing nutritious snack box for work
Having decaff drinks instead of caffeine
Drinking lots of water

i need to try and fit in meditation and am planning some exercise at the weekend, maybe a long nature walk.

hope everyone else is well xx
Old 02-06-2019, 01:52 PM
  # 157 (permalink)  

I also just wanted to say that i think this time feels different because instead of focusing on a negative/ stopping something i am focusing on wellbeing / self care / healing, so it feels like gaining something. I think shifts like that can have a positive affect, like its better to aim for a positive than try to avoid a negative?
Old 02-06-2019, 02:11 PM
  # 158 (permalink)  

Hi everyone, I'm here again! Ready to stay sober. I hope you'll let me join the February 2019 class.
Day one. I feel really awful. Nice seeing folks I know on here, but sorry you are still struggling, too.
I loved the video B123 shared. I also got a lot of hope from reading on a site called 'clean and sober live' . Gives me some insight to why I have not been able to stay sober.
I hope everyone is doing well.
Old 02-06-2019, 03:12 PM
  # 159 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Sober369 View Post
Hi everyone, I'm here again! Ready to stay sober. I hope you'll let me join the February 2019 class.
Day one. I feel really awful. Nice seeing folks I know on here, but sorry you are still struggling, too.
I loved the video B123 shared. I also got a lot of hope from reading on a site called 'clean and sober live' . Gives me some insight to why I have not been able to stay sober.
I hope everyone is doing well.
Nice to see you again sober.
I might check out that site..
as you know it does get better even if you're feeling crap now.
Old 02-06-2019, 03:18 PM
  # 160 (permalink)  

Thanks Red. I do know that, but thanks for the reminder. I hate this merry-go-round. One thought that keeps resonating with me, I read on that site, is you have to take massive action to get sober and stay that way. Massive action. I think that will help, cause a little hoping and reading has not cut it for me.
I was supposed to be working from home today, but spent most of the day in bed. Am wanting to plan this massive action, but feel too sick to sit up for long.