Notices

Class of July 2013 Part 57

Old 02-03-2019, 06:27 PM
  # 81 (permalink)  

Enjoy your game Bob xxx

PJ can you explain your avatar please xx
Old 02-03-2019, 06:50 PM
  # 82 (permalink)  

Snooz- the avatar are face plaster casts. For the Sculpture subject I did last year- we had to make a clay head of a live models head (old guy) measuring exacts distances from ear to nose to top of head to eyes to chin and many others. I struggled with this- as my cognitive depth perception is waaaay off- due to brain changes from booze and probably the burns trauma and the huge amount of drugs they pumped into me to keep me alive. They are not that similar to the model's face because the day before the final sculpting day- my bro decided he did not want to be my NOK for the hand surgery I had planned over Xmas. That hit hard- so I decided to forego the session and see a counsellor about my emotional turmoil at that time (a good choice). I passed the subject.

The clay head was then carefully covered with a thick layer of silicon- and when dried- used as a mold for casting these faces. The best 2 are in display in my little unit, and I keep them as a reminder (as I do with everything I keep) of why my recovery is so important. With it- much is possible, without- I die next time.
Old 02-03-2019, 06:52 PM
  # 83 (permalink)  
Magsie

Ooh, we’ve got the Super Bowl game on our tv too!
Old 02-03-2019, 08:19 PM
  # 84 (permalink)  
Magsie

PJ, did you know Madame Tussard used to do death masks.

When Louis XVl had someone (famous enough) at the guillotine they would take the head to her, and fearing she would end up the same way if she didn’t oblige, she took the still warm head(s) and made a ‘death mask’. This was long before she made waxworks for her Madame Tussaud’s museum.

I read her biography years ago, so I may be rusty on the exact details but the gist is correct. I may read it again.
Old 02-04-2019, 06:34 AM
  # 85 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by resolute50 View Post
Hi Leshar, nice to see you posted!

In a little over 1 1/2 hrs the Super Bowl will be starting.
It's a big drunk feast here in New England especially with the Patriots being in it. I'll just watch it from my man cave in the basement. Already have the snacks bought and ready for the game.
Go Patriots!
I was thinking of you last night.....thinking that you and the other Patriot fans were the ONLY people on the planet enjoying that game....I just posted this in another thread.....

Um.....are you kidding me??? If the AFL Grand Final was as boring and terrible as the super bowl yesterday? NO ONE would come from all over the world for it....my oh my oh my....I really wanted to get into the spirit....I am an American Aussie now....and wow, the Rams in it after so long, surely they had a score to settle with the Pats....it was gonna be good....I even got Nick to watch it (he loves college football, not NFL)....and and and....nothing. What a horrendous game. We went to bed in the fourth.

Hope you are not insulted dear Bob.....just playing here. xx
Old 02-04-2019, 07:54 AM
  # 86 (permalink)  
Do your best

Good afternoon gang (my time)
Old 02-04-2019, 09:49 AM
  # 87 (permalink)  
Magsie

I got my results for bone marrow biopsy and it was clear! Yaaay, now I’m back to the immunologist to have more tests for the allergic reactions. Some blood disorder hopefully they’ll get to the bottom of it, eventually.

Meanwhile, I’m having a cup of hot water every morning (my first drink) with a slic of lemon in it. Sometimes I add honey if I’m feeling a bit of a cold coming on.
Old 02-04-2019, 11:14 AM
  # 88 (permalink)  

Yey darling.....so so happy for you.

OK....next....and we are with you all of the way. ♥♥♥
Old 02-04-2019, 12:18 PM
  # 89 (permalink)  
Do your best

Mags xxxx
Old 02-04-2019, 03:06 PM
  # 90 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by venuscat View Post
I was thinking of you last night.....thinking that you and the other Patriot fans were the ONLY people on the planet enjoying that game....I just posted this in another thread.....

Um.....are you kidding me??? If the AFL Grand Final was as boring and terrible as the super bowl yesterday? NO ONE would come from all over the world for it....my oh my oh my....I really wanted to get into the spirit....I am an American Aussie now....and wow, the Rams in it after so long, surely they had a score to settle with the Pats....it was gonna be good....I even got Nick to watch it (he loves college football, not NFL)....and and and....nothing. What a horrendous game. We went to bed in the fourth.

Hope you are not insulted dear Bob.....just playing here. xx
Yeah, boring game. But we got the W.
Did you see the game 2 weeks before when they played the Chiefs?
Thought by chest was going to explode.lol
Old 02-04-2019, 03:19 PM
  # 91 (permalink)  

Mags,
Great news that the test was clear.
Hopefully they'll get to the bottom of your illness.

PJ, you are one talented guy. Glad you found your niche.

Hope to hear from Leshar again, when she is ready.

If yall ever get the chance watch a video about how Tom Brady( Patriots QB) came to be so talented. He was like in the last 199th.
Image when we were kids and you would pick team members. Usually the worst would be picked last. Now imagine one of the last becoming the GOAT.
Greatest of all time. It is truly an amazing story. Not really sure why anybody hates him. Maybe jealousy, or maybe they're just sick of seeing us win all the time.lol
Old 02-04-2019, 04:00 PM
  # 92 (permalink)  
Administrator

Thats great news Mags

D
Old 02-04-2019, 09:02 PM
  # 93 (permalink)  
Magsie

Thanks guys.
Old 02-05-2019, 12:53 AM
  # 94 (permalink)  

Magsy, yay!!!
Hope the blood disorder is easily managed though.

Bob, I’ll research that guy tomorrow.

Just checking in. This time next week. New life.
Old 02-05-2019, 03:26 AM
  # 95 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by PhoenixJ View Post
Snooz- the avatar are face plaster casts. For the Sculpture subject I did last year- we had to make a clay head of a live models head (old guy) measuring exacts distances from ear to nose to top of head to eyes to chin and many others. I struggled with this- as my cognitive depth perception is waaaay off- due to brain changes from booze and probably the burns trauma and the huge amount of drugs they pumped into me to keep me alive. They are not that similar to the model's face because the day before the final sculpting day- my bro decided he did not want to be my NOK for the hand surgery I had planned over Xmas. That hit hard- so I decided to forego the session and see a counsellor about my emotional turmoil at that time (a good choice). I passed the subject.

The clay head was then carefully covered with a thick layer of silicon- and when dried- used as a mold for casting these faces. The best 2 are in display in my little unit, and I keep them as a reminder (as I do with everything I keep) of why my recovery is so important. With it- much is possible, without- I die next time.
Thanks for this, wasn’t disappointed.

You’re amazing PJ.

Mags so happy your results came back clear honey xxxx
Old 02-05-2019, 05:32 AM
  # 96 (permalink)  

happy for you Mags
Old 02-05-2019, 09:54 PM
  # 97 (permalink)  
Magsie

Thanks again guys, love you
Old 02-06-2019, 09:25 PM
  # 98 (permalink)  
Magsie

Hi Julyers

I hope everyone is ok.
Old 02-06-2019, 11:59 PM
  # 99 (permalink)  

Hi guys

Hope you all have a great weekend
Old 02-07-2019, 04:14 AM
  # 100 (permalink)  

Hey Snooz, what happened with Shawn's lung cancer scare? Has he had more updates on how things are going?