Notices

Class of July 2013 Part 57

Old 04-29-2019, 11:45 PM
  # 481 (permalink)  
Magsie

Hiya Julyers

Suze, I hope with pain management treatment, it will make life a bit easier for you love.’s

Quiet day here for me...

Hope it’s a good day for everybody
Old 04-30-2019, 05:54 AM
  # 482 (permalink)  

Hi Suze.
sorry you’re juggling a few health issues.
Old 04-30-2019, 05:57 AM
  # 483 (permalink)  

Thank you.....so much love guys.
I am hoping that everything in your world is good CW.....I still think about all you were going through over Christmas and past there....sending so much love.
Old 05-01-2019, 05:34 PM
  # 484 (permalink)  

Hi gang.
Just popped in here to say hello.
I read the forum almost every night before bed.
Glad to see so many classmates stopping in to share their troubles and advice.
Old 05-01-2019, 05:37 PM
  # 485 (permalink)  
Administrator

hello Bob

D
Old 05-02-2019, 09:50 PM
  # 486 (permalink)  
Magsie

Hiya Julyers

Hi Bob, pleased you’re ok, and your family, hope Toby is good, give him a pat from me.

Apparently it’s bank holiday this weekend in U.K. I think (or wish) I’m getting immune to all the bank holiday deals they show, especially on tv, and it might be cos I don’t work anymore too! Bank holidays were fantastic at work, three or four whole days off to do whatever you want, charging your batteries, going to the beach or just hanging out at home. Wonderful.

You know I’m repeating myself here but the trouble is with retirement....you don’t get a day off!

Have a good weekend
Old 05-03-2019, 10:21 PM
  # 487 (permalink)  
Magsie

Hi Julyers

It’s the weekend, Saturday morning here, and a bank holiday one at that!
I believe we’re going to have rain for the best of it though.

Going to visit in-laws later.

Tomorrow there is a food fair at Normanby Park, so May pop to that if the crowds aren’t too bad. Last time we did a u-turn and came home as the traffic queues were massive. Can’t be doing with that nowadays.

Hope you have a good weekend.
Old 05-05-2019, 03:25 AM
  # 488 (permalink)  

It was supposed to rain here all weekend, and I kind of got excited to ‘stay in’.

Of course, it’s been sunny for the most part, haha. I bet it pours when I have to go to work tomorrow !

love to all!
Old 05-05-2019, 08:19 AM
  # 489 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Calmerwaters View Post
haha, Snooz. I know! Life-changing, right?

here’s something even more profound - are you watching Bachelor in Paradise?

Well......I started and it was just a hormonal meat fest. I was fresh out of Married At First Sight & just couldn’t take another minute

Hi everyone

I was expecting post city ....but it’s been a bit quiet here on the July front.

I got a lovely message from Leshar and she is going to do a play in June.
It’s a monologue and goes for about 40 minutes.

She is playing a woman in the early stages of Dementia who doesn’t realise her husband has died.

She said it’s funny and sad at the same time and that she’s really looking forward to pushing herself. Her director has great faith in her.

So this is really exciting for her and I know she will rock it.

She reads our posts still but has been busy learning lines etc. I would NEVER be able to remember a 40 minute play , my god, I can’t remember what I ate for tea last night !

Good luck Leshar I would say we’re rooting for you , but that’s a rude phrase in Australia, so I won’t.

Croutie, where are you sweetheart. I’d love to see a post xx

Dee I’m sorry you’ve had some medical issues over the past 6 months. I feel bad not knowing as you are always here to support us.

Always an ear if you need one, my friend xxxx

Pj , hows the healing going? are you feeling better , I know you were a little down the last time I posted . I hope things are going really well for you. Have you seen any family, have you done much painting...if so, pop them in your drawings folder so we can have a squiz.
That would be great. Xxx

Suze are you feeling better love ? I hope so. We have actually had RAIN here in Adelaide....right Pj ? See...you weren’t dreaming !

It’s been sooooooo soooo long since we have seen rain, almost a new record.

Mags are you doing ok. You’re always such a vibrant little munchkin in here. It would almost be a ghost town at times if you weren’t posting lol xxxx I love it that you’re a Julyer, I really do honey.

Pete ...how goes it buddy . Are you ok or still struggling. Love a post and some pics xxx

Bob , I’m glad you read every night. Know that you’re a great mate and you are looking at 6 wonderful sober years coming up in July along with the others xx

Lulu , miss you posting too .

I have been so busy lately and actually living life and been too tired to post when I think of it, that’s a good thing right, cos it means I’m well xxx

I think of you guys every day and I love you all .

If I’ve forgotten anyone, sorry , it’s nearly 1 am and I’m fading fast lol.

Old 05-05-2019, 11:30 AM
  # 490 (permalink)  
Magsie

Good to see you Snoozy love.

Great news that Leshar has a part in a play, sounds very demanding. All the best wishes Leshar x

It’s bank holiday weekend here in U.K. we went to a food fair at Normanby Park Hall. Went quite early to miss the crowds and bought home made jam for friends and some gingerbread for us, which was delicious. Hubby didn’t like it much so I’m going to have to eat it......as you do!

The weather has gone really cold outside and rain is forecast for us this coming week.

Hope all Julyers are keeping well.
Old 05-05-2019, 03:51 PM
  # 491 (permalink)  
Administrator

Thanks for letting us know about Leshars doings Snoozy. No medical issues for me right now - all good

D
Old 05-05-2019, 07:01 PM
  # 492 (permalink)  

Snooz- it was the driest March/April here since records were started. I put my stuff in the art gallery later on today- re-enrolling this week for semester 2...not going to push to prove I can pass, but do to enjoy...
Hand is healing slowly, but well. Very., very careful with it.. The emotions were labile- I think, the gen. anaesthetics effect me more over time.
Good to hear from you.
Old 05-06-2019, 01:22 AM
  # 493 (permalink)  

Hey Snooz. Was thinking of you today. How is the split between you and Shawn going? Sorry if it’s sensitive- you seemed matter-of-fact about it last time. But I of course know these things are up and down.
i hope you are ok.

i missed married at first sight ending as I was overseas. After 24/7 dramatic news on US tv, I was happy to veg out with bach in paradise.

yay Leshar! You go girl! So glad you are getting out there! Made my day to read that!

you too, PJ. Good on you for pushing through. So proud of my classmates.xx
Old 05-06-2019, 03:58 PM
  # 494 (permalink)  

Hi Everyone and a special shoutout to Snooze... thanks for asking about me.
I am sorry to read of your personal trials of recent, but I know you’ll be happier in the long run.

Sorry I post so infrequently, but I do read a lot at least!
I hope everyone is thriving and feeling good about life.
We are ok; pretty much just treading water. DH is holding his own at this point re: dialysis. We know life will change forever for us once he has to start, so we are thankful for every month his “numbers” are ok.
Everything is so different than I ever thought my “old age” would be like, but I’m not complaining. I know many have it so much worse than we do. It’s just adjusting to the new reality. We get by, but our losses took away nearly all disaposable income.

DH still has hurt and anger issues with our Son. Son’s actions changed our retirement in a very determentral way. Anyone else would have been prosecuted, but how do you do that to your flesh and blood?😢 DH and I discuss it and he knows anger and hurt are taking up space in his heart and brain and that isn’t healthy...but I can’t really fault him.
I guess, I’ve always been the peacemaker in the family, but there’s really not much I can do at this point.
There is no fighting are anything like that, just very little contact.
We are just trying to make the best of things.

I think of all of you often and wish you joy, peace and health.
Love and hugs,
Croutie
Old 05-06-2019, 08:55 PM
  # 495 (permalink)  
Magsie

Croutie, big hugs for you and your DH
It’s wonderful to hear from you, your in my thoughts often. xx
It must take some adjusting and coping with, how your DS treat you both.
I’m sad that your husband can’t move on from it, I know men are so different to us women...but I read a few words from our wonderful Dee the other day.....these are the last few words of it which so resonates with me too.......It's hard to move on with your hands around someone elses neck

Sometimes we just have to let go, move on, I hope your DH can eventually move on, so the both of you can live in peace, happiness and contentment.
Old 05-07-2019, 07:25 PM
  # 496 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Calmerwaters View Post
Hey Snooz. Was thinking of you today. How is the split between you and Shawn going? Sorry if it’s sensitive- you seemed matter-of-fact about it last time. But I of course know these things are up and down.
i hope you are ok.

i missed married at first sight ending as I was overseas. After 24/7 dramatic news on US tv, I was happy to veg out with bach in paradise.

yay Leshar! You go girl! So glad you are getting out there! Made my day to read that!

you too, PJ. Good on you for pushing through. So proud of my

classmates.xx
Hi Crois,
Nothing is too sensitive here. It’s the one place where we can all come and be honest and true to ourselves, sharing with friends.

I think the reason I was matter of fact Crois is because I have done most of my grieving in the marriage, so I have come to an acceptance of this is as good as it gets.

Well, we have both discussed it and it’s not going to work financially at this point. We still have a hefty mortgage so if we sell it means I will have to move and share with someone else and he would too.

So it’s a case of better the devil you know I suppose.

It was actually a relief to get all of that off my chest. He says he will never be able to give me what I need . He’s honest, he can’t .

So with all of that out of the way the situation still stands.

I know it probably sounds weird, but we are getting on better and I don’t ask him to do ANYTHING anymore.

He virtually stays in his room 99% watching his Korean shows and mixing it up with gaming.

That’s not the life I want.

I have never been busier. I don’t ask him if he would like to come to the shops ...or anywhere for that matter and get the usual grunt as a response.

I just do my own thing. I’ve reconnected with friends I haven’t seen for years & I do a lot of driving now I have the Ute and trailer .

I’m really happy with my life and I can adapt to the situation now everything is clear for both of us.

I have no interest at all in having a relationship with any man. I’m loving my girlfriends, my family and my animals and most of all, my sobriety.

So I’m in a good place.

I take Mum & Dad to all their appoinments and get my dose of conversations from them and others.

I’ve cleaned out all my shed, my linen , my pantry , my cupboards and only keep what I need . I donated everything else to charity.

It’s quite cathartic knowing you don’t have all this STUFF , why sit in my cupboards unseen and unused when someone else could do with that STUFF.

So yeah, life’s pretty good. I’m the only one who can make it that way.

I sort of had an epiphany. I can’t make someone be who they can’t be so it’s up to me, myself & I to go out and make me be the best of who I can be. That’s mostly helping others and it feels WONDERFUL.

Life is good xxxx

Old 05-07-2019, 07:28 PM
  # 497 (permalink)  
Administrator

Sounds good Wendy

D
Old 05-07-2019, 07:41 PM
  # 498 (permalink)  

Thanks Dee, it is
Old 05-07-2019, 08:16 PM
  # 499 (permalink)  
Magsie

Wow Snoozy, I’m so pleased for you. Good on you girl
Old 05-07-2019, 09:35 PM
  # 500 (permalink)  
Administrator

new thread time:
https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums...part-58-a.html (Class of July 2013 Part 58)

D